Help deciding which vape to purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.

clingwrap

Helllo!

I am in the market for a new vaporizer, but I am unsure which way to go with all of these different vaporizers. I have only used a volcano once before, and enjoyed it thoroughly, but I'm not sure if the bag method is the way to go? It seems like a lot of people enjoy using the whip style more. I've been doing some research and I've decided that the SSV seems like one of the nicest whip style vapes, but it is the same price ($250 I believe) as the Herbalaire, which gives me the option of whip OR bag.. somewhat of a plus. Da buddha seems like it is the SSV just not so fancy? Is it worth the money ($100 more) for the SSV vs. Da Buddha?

Also, alot of people on this site seem to really like Purple Days, so I looked into their vape as well. It seems like a nice durable vape, but the start-up time kills me. 30 minutes as compared to 2-5 minutes (i think?) But I like it portability and wood body. I've read that it can be left on 24/7, but how safe is that to do? How long can the mechanics last running 24/7 non-stop? Other than that drawback, I really like it overall, especially how it is lead-free/very safe. The ability to take it in the car is also a major plus!

So of these 3: SSV, Herbalaire, and Purple Days, which one would you recommend based on it's ability to get you high, efficiency, and functionality?

:peace:

clingwrap,

The_Algebraist

wow, there's a new 'what should i get?' post almost every 24 hours now (always posted in the incorrect subcatagory too!)! do you guys even bother to read the threads before posting?! :o

"How to Ask the Vaporists - Read Before Posting"
http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=509

"Help choosing my first vaporizer, please" posted Yesterday 01:30:27 pm
http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=777

also, if you look a few threads down you will see a 'Purple Days' thread, a 'SSV' thread and so on and so forth.... using the search function will pull up about a dozen variations of what you just posted...

perhaps spend a day or two reading the threads and then post once you have the basics covered... There are a number of people here that own the vapes you mention and have posted about their experiences with each and how they compare to one another.

a wealth of information are just a few key strokes away, my friend.

:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

The_Algebraist,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
We should think about putting together a "how do I choose a vape?" handbook

I think that people should decide what style vape they like best, for example, choose one of three categories portable, bag, and direct vapor

direct vapor can then be broken down into sub categories for whips, heat gun, heat wand etc etc

once you figure out what type of style vape they you should choose from the best of breed from each category:

portable - iolate, vapman, vaporgenie

bag - volcano, herbalaire, extreme

direct whip - ssv, vb, vw

glass set ups - herbo, vhw, verdamper

etc etc

I don't really think you can decide just based on what you read cause I'm in the chat rooms all the time and people have all sorts of ideas of what they want and really need to bounce ideas off of each other. To tell a noob to "go read and learn" is like telling them to drink through a fire hose in my opinion.

to answer your question, I like PD for efficiency, SSV for huge hits, don't own an herbalaire but heard the extreme is a better pick for the money. I guess for what gets you highest? Probably SSV but its not as efficient as PD

stonemonkey55,

The_Algebraist

True. Sometimes simply reading proves to be a bit too much information to process at once, especially when it comes to something you're unfamiliar with. That being said, it definitely doesn't hurt to spend some time on the forum reading threads like 'things to consider when purchasing a vape', threads revolving around specific vaporizers, and threads comparing different vaporizers. i spent a good three days googling and reading the forums and learning about different vaporizers, how they compare to one another, and people's opinions of each before i even thought about posting on here..... :p

The_Algebraist,

max

Out to lunch
I've been doing some research
It shows. I don't know if you looked anywhere but here, but those are excellent choices. I've used all three extensively.

It seems like a lot of people enjoy using the whip style more.
Yep. Richer vapor (not more vapor, just more dense) and you control the hit. Every hit from a bag is the same.

You can't compare the herbalAire to the SSV on whip use. The Surfer is the clear winner. Buy the herbalAire only if you want mostly bag use. As for the DBV, if horizontal hands free is OK with you, it has the same guts as the Surfer.

Nobody that owns it complains about the 30 min. warmup for the PD. Just leave it on (yes, it's safe). It's like running a night light or two. Or get a cheap timer.

They'll all get you high. Even a cheap Chinese box vape can do the job. If you want to know how fast they'll get you high, it's the SSV, herbalAire, then the PD. And if you included a bong type like the Herborizer, it would be the winner.

For efficiency the PD is the easy winner. There's nothing better on the market. You can get efficiency from the other two, it's just much easier with the PD. Using the other two for extreme efficiency is no fun.

Functionality? They all do what they're designed for. herbalAire-reliable dual mode. SSV/DBV-big, smooth hits. PD-highly durable and reliable, top rate efficiency, smooth (surprisingly big) hits.

max,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom