Help Choosing First Vape

Status
Not open for further replies.

maj

Hi, I am considering buying my first vaporizer and overall I am not that experienced with them. My friend has the iolite which we use quite a bit. I am looking into either the LaunchBox or one similar to http://www.vaporizers.com/collections/frontpage/products/vaporite-solo. The difficult part of this for me is i am trying to keep my budget to around $100

The only thing that is keeping me from buying the LaunchBox is the limited usage due to its batteries. I have read up on this forum and it seems the only way around that is to buy more, and a better battery charger which then puts me at a total around $140-$150. Ive read that you can draw anywhere from 4-8 hits from the LB before the battery runs out and i have to reload the trench. I'm not exactly sure how the size of the load for the LB compares to the iolite but it usually takes a bowl from the iolite to get me feelin good, which i imagine is more than 4-8 hits.

The vaporite is cheaper than the LB but obviously has a major draw back, it isnt portable. Although I am not completely searching for a portable vape, it sure does make things easier. What I think i would like about the vaporite is that i could use it more with my friends whereas the LB seems more like a personal one.

Like i said before, I am pretty inexperienced when it comes to vaporizers. Any thoughts/suggestions/opinions would be very much appreciated. Or if you can think of a better vape that fits my budget please let me know. Thanks.

maj,

CombustionJunction

What's Your Function?
I don't think the Vaporite is what you're looking for, and honestly, you get better quality vapor and ABV from a LB or IO. I've never personally owned a LB, but for me and my personal use, it seems inadequate. And dealing with batteries just seems like a pain. I do own an IO and I love it. It's not just a portable vape, it does great at home for daily use too. No batteries to deal with and with one load of butane, I get 3-5 bowls, so you don't have to lug butane around. My :2c: , save up a little more, get the iolite. I've seen them for as cheap as $150 and it sounds more like what you're looking for.

CombustionJunction,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
You will be fine to get you started with the batteries that come with it. People just suggest you get more batteries because eventually you will find them handy.

The LB is a very nice portable and you wont be disappointed.

AGBeer,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
First off Maj, let me welcome you to the forum! :)

I have to agree with AG; the LB is a great little portable vape. I have one and always get more than 1 trench per battery (if fully charged). When I first bought it, I ordered extra batteries and then went out and got the 15 min. energizer charger that came with 4. I have found I really don't need them. If you order with the discount, you can get 2 extras (giving you a total of 4 batteries), which are enough, for $100. The batteries really aren't a hassle, IMO, and the stealth factor of this vape is great. I've never used an IO, but hear that they make some noise during use.

Bottom line, it's really a matter of personal taste, but I don't think you would be disappointed by the LB. If you read between all the battery posts on that thread, you will find that the majority of people who buy it are very happy with it. And the warranty is unsurpassed.

momofthegoons,

max

Out to lunch
Ive read that you can draw anywhere from 4-8 hits from the LB before the battery runs out and i have to reload the trench.
How big/long is a hit? How much is in a trench? How fine is it ground? How fresh is the battery charge? How old is the battery? What's the rating on the battery-2100mAh? 2500? 2900? I really get tired of these vague claims of how long a bat lasts. All the variables involved make these numbers pretty meaningless. And I always like to ask what other vape can be operated with just one AA rechargeable? Asking for long vaping times with a single AA bat just isn't realistic. You don't need a better charger than the one supplied with the LB, but you do need enough bats to have charged spares available according to how much you use the LB. These batteries can also be used in place of AA alkalines in other devices, so IMO there's no downside to buying extra batteries. You can also get an excellent 4 bat smart charger w/trickle charge (Maha MH-C204GT) for $15 from Thomas Dist.

The iolite can be more stealthy than the LB in an environment where it's not really quiet, but the LB is silent and stealthy as long as nobody wonders why you're holding your hand to your mouth. ;)

max,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
imo, at your price point the only vape worth a shit is the LB (feel free to correct me, fc, if I have overlooked something). Your problem here is that if you are a HEAVY user, then you will need more batts. I can get two good sessions out of each battery, so the two provided could last a day for someone who is diligent about recharging the batts.

If you can up your price point to $150, you will find some really good units like the DaBuddha and some of the log style vapes.

stickstones,

Raf007

Retailer
Owning both LB and Iolite, my humble opinion is go LB.
Same as sitckstones said, at least 2 sessions with 1 original batt, maybe 5 with 2.
but yes the easyness of butane.... but then the no-taste and fix temp.
And the slick charger is almost no hassle to carry :D

Raf007,

Ash

vaporist
Before we decide on a specific model we first need to know how this vape is going to be used (solo, you and a friend, with a stranger, larger groups, at home, outdoors, in the car. . . ).
(Wait, am I still talking about vaping?)

Anyway, as an FYI for anyone just tuning in, I think it is appropriate to roll out this classic post from stickstones:
http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=530

Before sending young Maj off acquire his first vaporizer, we should first ascertain beyond a reasonable doubt that a portable would be superior to a home unit, or vice-versa.

Maj, can you describe the how's, when's, where's, and with whom's (no names please) of your typical consumption behavior?

Ash,

maj

Maj, can you describe the how's, when's, where's, and with whom's (no names please) of your typical consumption behavior?
I am wanting a vape for 2 reasons (besides better efficiency)-
1) I am an athlete; its easier on the lungs
2) I smoke a lot at home; stealthier

When Im at home i usually smoke alone in my room, other than that i usually smoke with my friends. I am not too concerned about satisfying my friends when buying a vape.

maj,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
I would suggest the Aluminum Vapor Genie Bat for 45.00
http://www.vaporgenie.com/Aluminum.html
Get a nice lighter if you don't already have one for around 10.00 and you'll have enough money left over for enough butane for years and some nice top shelf weed for your new vape.

DeepFried,

Ash

vaporist
Maj, if you want an inexpensive portable and if you're hung up on the battery thing, there is always the Vapor Genie. The aluminum VG is $60 and the glass VG is $99. Of course, you'd probably want to pick up a good jet flame lighter, too.

Ash,

max

Out to lunch
stickstones said:
If you can up your price point to $150, you will find some really good units like the DaBuddha and some of the log style vapes.
:tup: At $100 you're in a price area that's almost a vacant lot, as far as quality models go. Up it to $150-160 and your options greatly expand.

max,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom