Heady Glass Appreciation

nicknobody

I'm not sure how heady it's going to be for sub $200, to get a decent medium size, with good function as well?
That’s a great point. Let’s call $200 a ballpark starting point. The NON heady pieces I listed are close to that price so I see what you mean.

For an example, how much are those Funklers?

What do you mean they only let you look for a minute or so??
It’s a bit inconsistent as far as how many finger taps or a scroll or time scrolling it allows but I only get about 3-5 posts in and it brings me to a page saying “log in to continue”

Half of the links in this thread just bring me to an “oops please log in page” only

Texas and Goo can make heady versions of their rigs or other variants, there are a ton of options so it depends what you want exactly
This has me thinking

nicknobody,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Any and all talk here about any and all of my rigs would first have to be approved by only @Grass Yes as I do not want to waste my time and effort posting what I'm sure would be considered to be wildly off topic and summarily deleted... :brow:

Your emoji doesn't get you off the hook. You are trying to provoke a moderator because you disagree with a decision that was made. You could get a warning point for that, but your next warning point will earn you a permanent ban, so I'll be lenient and just tell you directly to cut this shit out or you're history.

pakalolo,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
For an example, how much are those Funklers?

They vary depending on the color, how much color, and the size, along with the style... Most of the ones we have been discussing lately were from the end of year sale so heavily discounted 30-50% off at the time... Prices are in Canadian at least which helps for the US conversion rate? Most well over $200 many well over 500 for full color

It’s a bit inconsistent as far as how many finger taps or a scroll or time scrolling it allows but I only get about 3-5 posts in and it brings me to a page saying “log in to continue”

Half of the links in this thread just bring me to an “oops please log in page” only

Yeah okay if you're serious about hunting down some true headies this way, you're going to have to make an account sorry lol they got me when I wanted to follow for vape stuff as well and that's sort of how I fell down the heady rabbit hole myself

someTooL

@Azn2101 that is an amazing Evol collection. This latest drop has some beautiful pieces. Carb caps are just as nice too. Tops my short list of glass needed.

someTooL,
Reactions: Azn2101

Azn2101

That’s a great point. Let’s call $200 a ballpark starting point. The NON heady pieces I listed are close to that price so I see what you mean.

I’d say my go-to artist with that price point would be RichieGageGlass on instagram. Super nice dude, down to earth and I’ve even heard of him working with people on pricing and if he’s working on a drop let him know you’re down for seconds and he’ll finish wonky ones and let you know what kinda came out and you can grab for cheaper than normal, like way cheaper. Edit: at that price point you’re basically dealing with all clear glass or very new artists color work which usually won’t be worked/struck to the color the tubing is fully capable of. I’d stick to clear at that price point myself but I understand if color is a must for you, it definitely will increase the price though.

*I Believe* the first glass repair is free but that might be Bororegon. But either way there’s like three designs from him I know are like 200-350 range and dope like his version of a diffusion pump, scuba recyclers, and I believe single Tesla Pumps start at 300 but still way worth the money if he can fit his waffle perc in the design, not sure if that costs extra though over his inline perc.

@Azn2101 that is an amazing Evol collection. This latest drop has some beautiful pieces. Carb caps are just as nice too. Tops my short list of glass needed.
Thanks man, I thought it was dope of Jay to start doing mix drops as opposed to having a freaking hoard of people call each and every shop, some from 2-3 devices for each drop but now there’s a bit more for everyone to get in on at different price points. I know that really bothered a lot of people in the past who’ve wanted or still want to buy his art, the limited availability but it seems like Jen is on the torch more and more every year since their child has been born so hopefully they’ll be back to 20-30 piece drops again in the next year or two.

Has anyone had the opportunity to hit a SN4 Golden ratio or a Maxwell OG or v2 Atoll? Wildly curious to know what those feel like to rip.

Edit 2: @nicknobody theres a ZOB Recycler that’s perfect for dry herb Vape that was just posted on r/Glasssales for $140 shipped

I’d hop on this if I needed a dry herb Vape…like 2 minutes ago.

Last edited:

coolbreeze

I wanted to share the custom glass kit I got for my Baller DBV, a 'workingman's heady.'
IMG-1959.jpg

I was after a modest set inspired by the standard elev8 DBV glass. I envisioned a relatively subtle set with clear glass beads a la the Balloon Mouthpiece augmented with the occasional opal marble. Working with @Airborne420 and glassmaker Jeff Engle was a ton of fun and ideas bubbled.
IMG-1964.jpg

We began adding opals everywhere, and soon the clear/black dots went by the wayside. I'd mentioned the classic Steve K recycler I'd bought for the occasion with its Ruby Red balls, and also its other colors:
IMG-1969.jpg
IMG-1976.jpg

IMG-1981.jpg

The folks at elev8 Glass are wonderful to work with and I couldn't be happier with how it all turned out. The Baller heater cover is a real upgrade, worthy of some modest excess. ; )

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Yeah all this talk got that funkler I wanted before back on my mind... Had to reserve as it was still available, meanwhile noticed that he actually has the cloud connoisseur Omega and just updated his website with build-a-funkler orders open! (first 10 orders are entered into a raffle to win a free too)
here is the current link to build^

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Shit Snacks

Cheap heady, another 14mm hammer:
He's got some smaller 10 mm hammer and a classic bubbler available now as well

coolbreeze

Cheap heady, another 14mm hammer:
He's got some smaller 10 mm hammer and a classic bubbler available now as well
Is there any contact info for him you can share for non-IGers? I love the pieces you post.

Shit Snacks

Is there any contact info for him you can share for non-IGers? I love the pieces you post.

Yes! I played middleman for someone else in a discord group, happy to do so for anyone here... Let me know which one you want, I will comment and dibs it for you, then message me your email to send him, so he can reach out to coordinate and send invoice :tup:

coolbreeze

Yes! I played middleman for someone else in a discord group, happy to do so for anyone here... Let me know which one you want, I will comment and dibs it for you, then message me your email to send him, so he can reach out to coordinate and send invoice :tup:
Thank you so much! I hope I can reserve this option for the not-too-distant future, these speak to me. I would use one of those constantly!

Shit Snacks

Thank you so much! I hope I can reserve this option for the not-too-distant future, these speak to me. I would use one of those constantly!

Totally, just let me know if you see anything you like, whether I share it here or not, I'll try to be quick about it and am pretty active distracting myself on my phone, although I shouldn't be! So please accept potential delays if I am being better to myself lol

PXL-20240229-024616699.jpg

This^ should count to share here, since Eric Duyette made the full little donut sculptures inside, GVB made the stem and donut tip...
Screenshot-20240216-113240.png

Screenshot-20240215-114442.png

Last edited:

Madtater

Totally, just let me know if you see anything you like, whether I share it here or not, I'll try to be quick about it and am pretty active distracting myself on my phone, although I shouldn't be! So please accept potential delays if I am being better to myself lol

PXL-20240229-024616699.jpg

This^ should count to share here, since Eric Duyette made the full little donut sculptures inside, GVB made the stem and donut tip...
Screenshot-20240216-113240.png

Screenshot-20240215-114442.png
Love that drop down and stem.

Damn bro!

Shit Snacks

that drop down

Rick Bird Barry! I got this one a little cheaper than usual, because it was posted on the exchange, had to snag it even though I already had a nice 14-14, this one is at least slightly deeper dropping... And different colors of course! Not certain about the colors here, but I think the caps are ghost with a pink slime drop (my other 14-14 is royal jelly caps with a double ghost drop and I have three others in different sizes lol thinking to get one more though...)

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: Madtater

coolbreeze

Umm.... WANT...:
If I could afford it, I would...:bowdown::peace:
I think that can be had for a good bit less. My non-recycler was $250. Sign up for the Bear Mountain newsletter/updates and you'll get the drop notifications. Not sure he has them every time but I think more often that not.

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
I think that can be had for a good bit less. My non-recycler was $250. Sign up for the Bear Mountain newsletter/updates and you'll get the drop notifications. Not sure he has them every time but I think more often that not.
It's $250 here, too:

And even that is more than I've ever spent on a bub... but I will signup for it and check it out.

Thanks for the words of encouragement!:tup::peace:

coolbreeze

It's $250 here, too:

And even that is more than I've ever spent on a bub... but I will signup for it and check it out.

Thanks for the words of encouragement!:tup::peace:
Hah. I just want you to get one so you can tell me if I should! ; )

Shit Snacks

This is pretty nice for $220 shipped, fumed little recycler, it's like in line honeycomb but with three holes for the perc and the disc:

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: Grass Yes

Vehmic

Bogwood Ent
This is a new model from the Bear Mountain scientific line, it's bigger than the old terp hammer recyclers and has an additional blooper perc.

More info:

Color version to keep it heady.

bear-mountain-studios-color-rbh-bms-recycling-bloop-hammer-the-gallery-at-vl-1.png

Last edited:

coolbreeze

This is a new model from the Bear Mountain scientific line, it's bigger than the old terp hammer recyclers and has an additional blooper perc.

More info:

Color version to keep it heady.
Thanks, those were all awesome. I'll have to watch for more of the scientific stuff.

coolbreeze,
Reactions: Vehmic
Top Bottom