Discontinued Haze Square

Petunia Vanish

Did you tighten screw? If so Did it change anythin? Seems like just would need some tightening...
The screw is definitely tightened now, and it does lock tighter.

However I feel the two halves when connected still have a unusually generous amount of give to them

Petunia Vanish,

Djsleepy

The screw is definitely tightened now, and it does lock tighter.

However I feel the two halves when connected still have a unusually generous amount of give to them

It's weird sometimes....my unit will rotate easily like butter other times it clicks.into place.....

Djsleepy,
Reactions: dood44

dood44

It's weird sometimes....my unit will rotate easily like butter other times it clicks.into place.....
This happens to me, too. Sometimes, I literally have to take a tamping tool and shove the button to get it to turn. Nothing seems to be impeding the mechanism.

dood44,

Yannik

„Your item could not be delivered on August 25, 2018 at 12:13 pm in GERMANY due to payment of charges. It is being held while the addressee is notified.“ FUCK ME. Why Germany? Why???

Ok, the Custumer serice said it’s at the internal customs and I get a mail Wednesday with the information, if I have to pay any duties or whatever.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yannik,

b0

Cloudy...
Ok, the Custumer serice said it’s at the internal customs and I get a mail Wednesday with the information, if I have to pay any duties or whatever.

Good luck mate, I feel your pain having a stempod in the same situation, should have it by wednesday

b0,
Reactions: Yannik

Djsleepy

I've been starting at 375/380 getting incredible results....beautiful tasty clouds....it's so nice having my baby back and hitting like an out of control freight train....

Djsleepy,
Reactions: Stdudez

its moops

I've been getting pretty good results using the rimless basket screens that came with my ddave mods tubo cooler. I am able to load about the same amount as you would a vapcap (like .1 - .15) really loosely and I can get decent clouds and good number of hits. Right now im averaging about 3 hits on temps 1-4 (380, 400, 420, 440), no stirring. I can stir and maybe get a couple more hits at 440, 450 but no more than that, and the flavor is pretty much gone by that point.

Stdudez

Similar results guys! I'm temp stepping 385, 400, 415, 430 - 3 draws per temp that are monsters. Fully evenly browned pods. No need for a stir but I can get maybe 1-2 more draws on 430 if stirred.

Using those thicker concave screens with curve facing downward as also posted by someone pages back. Medium grind with Chewy, pods filled full, leveled out, no tamp, concave screen on top. Can get 4-5 bowls out of each pod easily with these screens. They don't diminish draw speed but keep the upper SS screens clear of nearly all herb and only oil accumulates.

This thing is killing me since I got it back. My universe is once again complete. Thanks @Haze Vaporizers.

O-G-Reg

not trying to single anyone out, just in general, i dont think its helpful to anyone to post vague ‘my unit is broken or stuck in shipping’ things. Its got to he pretty hard for someone to parse through this thread for helpful/valuable info as is.

Djsleepy

I think we need to post when thing s are not working as long as we don't bash Haze.....sometimes all you know is it's not working...ergo...broken.....and all we are looking for is to confirm if others experiencing the same thing....remember Haze reads this forum religiously....and our input and notification of issues is important to them....re: any other stuff discussed here.....remember this is a general haze square thread.....there is a haze shipping thread..... and you can create your own thread that's more of tips/tricks related if one desires.... I have always liked the community of people in this thread and I think it's great the way it is...imo....

Last edited:
Djsleepy,
Reactions: Stdudez

b0

Cloudy...
not trying to single anyone out, just in general, i dont think its helpful to anyone to post vague ‘my unit is broken or stuck in shipping’ things. Its got to he pretty hard for someone to parse through this thread for helpful/valuable info as is.

That's why we ha e a searching engine! Personally when I like a vape I read the full thread but I can understand some people being lazy or not having the time...

frank grimes

I’ve finally mastered the square. Took a few pods to figure out the draw and pack, but now I’m crushing the pods in 4 hits. Don’t know if I need the micro dose pods now too because I find the pods are good as long as it’s packed at least half full, then tamped.

Good job @Haze Vaporizers!

ginolicious

I’ve finally mastered the square. Took a few pods to figure out the draw and pack, but now I’m crushing the pods in 4 hits. Don’t know if I need the micro dose pods now too because I find the pods are good as long as it’s packed at least half full, then tamped.

Good job @Haze Vaporizers!

What temp are you crushing a pod at in 4 hits?

ginolicious,

Petunia Vanish

What are the symptoms of it not working correctly?

Unsure if the tops are sitting properly together, and creating a seal with the oven... O-ring (bad) makes mouthpiece falls out...

Only get visible vapor when battery is green (Full)... It doesn't seem to heat fully or correctly if unit is yellow / orange (not fully charged).

* I have been unable to use the "pass-thru" function with 2.1V Carr charger...

Anyone ever use passthru while vaping?

Petunia Vanish,

dood44

Haze and fellow hazers: I have a problem. I just tried to update my firmware and carefully followed the instructions on the Haze site. Downloaded the firmware onto a USB, bought a C adapter, plugged it in and held all the buttons down. The app is saying the firmware was NOT updated and now my unit will not start. As in the button stays black. I'm so frustrated. Any words of wisdom?

dood44,

dood44

^^^Was the flash drive formatted for Fat32 or NTFS before d/l'ing the firmware update?

It needs to be FAT32 for it to work...

Thank you for the response. I'm an old woman, so can you tell me how I check the formatting on the flash drive?

Thank you for the response. I'm an old woman, so can you tell me how I check the formatting on the flash drive?

Never mind. I found the instructions. Again, I really appreciate your reply. Everyone on this forum has been so helpful!

^^^Was the flash drive formatted for Fat32 or NTFS before d/l'ing the firmware update?

It needs to be FAT32 for it to work...

Spoke too soon. It still won't start.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shrike

Flower Potted, Maxed, & Rio'd.
^^^After re-formatting the drive, did you download the firmware again? Formatting would have erased the file.

If you did it correctly, then I'm not sure what happened to your Square. I'd contact Haze directly. They certainly know a lot more than I do about the Square, and they are very helpful and friendly...just like us. :)

dood44

^^^After re-formatting the drive, did you download the firmware again? Formatting would have erased the file.

If you did it correctly, then I'm not sure what happened to your Square. I'd contact Haze directly. They certainly know a lot more than I do about the Square, and they are very helpful and friendly...just like us. :)
Yes, I went ahead and contacted Haze. I just got mine back from repair! And now I've murdered it, just after school has started. I neeeeed it :-) I've only had great customer service from them so I'm already a huge fan :-)

Bakejayer

I did the firmware update on the Square pro (3rd iteration, just got it a week ago) and was still getting inconsistent vapor production. I contacted haze and they told me to set all the Temps above 400° (current spread is 380, 400, 420, 435, and 450) and it was still spotty. I put an o ring around the ceramic bowl and under the seal which seemed to make it a little better. Even at the highest temp settings tho I would still have to draw for 20sec+ to see any vapor. I typically like to vape at lower Temps (355-380 or so) and tho I dont care about blowing massive clouds, some visible vapor would be nice just to know it's working, which I currently can't get at those temperature ranges. Does this sound like my expectations/technique is wrong, or is this something I should send in for a warranty request? I did just vape a bowl that I filled loosely to the top and then tamped down which gave me more consistent vapor, but 1 bowl isnt enough to tell if this is a fix or a fluke.

Bakejayer,
Top Bottom