Discontinued Haze Square

Petunia Vanish

Is that 8 normal hits or are you double/triple pressing to make the each draw longer? And how many draws do you take to fully cash in a pod?

In the vape critic’s review, I believe he said he got 37 draws at temps between 400-450. Is anyone getting similar results?
Normal press. About 10 hits.

Question about charging
i know i can't charge it with my 1v battery pack.

But it charges with car charger 2.1v

@Haze Vaporizers will i hurt my unit not I'm not charging at 3v(fast charge)

Petunia Vanish,

ginolicious

In order to do my firmware update, it took me a few attempts across a few days. Not sure why. Haze told me to ensure my unit was off after I PMed them. Im not sure if @Djsleepy is able to comment the same. I know he was having issues as well at one point.

I think I put my unit through the ringer last night. Think it needs a nice cleaning. I was doing bowls at 440 last night. I even hit some BHO shatter at 480F. Best temp for this stuff. Had 4-6 monstrous hits, checked the pod, completely clean except for a little residue on the silicone lid.

Still having trouble with the app in saving pre set temperatures. Trying to figure that out. Trying to remove my hot ass temperatures and get a regular set going with a 400 series.

By using the arrow keys you can change the temperature by the single degree. But I still cannot figure out how to save my presets in the app so i can come back and use them some other time. Little bit of a bummer. My issue after changing temperatures and putting them on the Square, the app does not save any of the presets I just used or changed.

Last edited:

Djsleepy

I downloaded the firmware, transfer to flash drive, follow up instructions, but nothing happens, firmware don't seem to update/get into my PRO.
Light flickers red, then blue. then red, and keeps going.
Never turns solid blue after 10 secs nor turned green
@Haze Vaporizers
Any idea what's going on??

Same thing with mine ....cannot get it too load....haze does recommend thAt if it does not work to reload to flash drive and delete old file...Will try today.....@ginolicious has said it took him several tries to get it to take......

@ginolicious
Sorry I think I misunderstood you first time regarding saving....my unit will not keep saved temps either.....
also good looking on that change the temps to single degree that could be interesting.....

Last edited:

ChickenNugget

If the Square could somehow have an integrated stirring mechanism that would help with extraction immensely. Stirring is almost required with convection ovens. Maybe the microdose pods will eliminate the need to open up a pod and give it a stir.

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)
Same thing with mine ....cannot get it too load....haze does recommend thAt if it does not work to reload to flash drive and delete old file...Will try today.....@ginolicious has said it took him several tries to get it to take......

@ginolicious
Sorry I think I misunderstood you first time regarding saving....my unit will not keep saved temps either.....
also good looking on that change the temps to single degree that could be interesting.....

Happened something similar to my unit, regarding the "app history"... seems after I tried first time firmware update, all got erased but my customized temps and colors...
Weird...
But finally, firmware update worked, it was so fast that I couldn't believe it was so fast...
I deleted and formatted usb drive, deleted all downloads, downloaded new fresh firmware, followed instructions, and in 3 seconds after plugging the old school usb flash drive with a cheapo usb-c adapter to my PRO, turned solid blue, then super fast blue light flickering, fast solid green light, done...
Really excited to check new firmware, looking to see if addresses "the bug"
Stay vaped...

Zangano Cruel,
Reactions: b0

b0

Cloudy...
Happened something similar to my unit, regarding the "app history"... seems after I tried first time firmware update, all got erased but my customized temps and colors...
Weird...
But finally, firmware update worked, it was so fast that I couldn't believe it was so fast...
I deleted and formatted usb drive, deleted all downloads, downloaded new fresh firmware, followed instructions, and in 3 seconds after plugging the old school usb flash drive with a cheapo usb-c adapter to my PRO, turned solid blue, then super fast blue light flickering, fast solid green light, done...
Really excited to check new firmware, looking to see if addresses "the bug"
Stay vaped...

Nop, it doesn't. But I feel like it happens not as often?

Haze Vaporizers

Manufacturer
@Haze Vaporizers
In my laptop, Microsoft Store says Square Pro app Version 1.3.1
Is that the latest firmware available??
Thanks in advance.
Stay vaped...
The firmware version is on the same screen and it should read version 59 as the latest firmware.

Question about charging
i know i can't charge it with my 1v battery pack.

But it charges with car charger 2.1v

@Haze Vaporizers will i hurt my unit not I'm not charging at 3v(fast charge)

It should not hurt to charge with lower voltage

Still having trouble with the app in saving pre set temperatures. Trying to figure that out. Trying to remove my hot ass temperatures and get a regular set going with a 400 series.

Presets are saved if you name them. Otherwise, it will overwrite what was saved before. You can name the settings on the screen before transferring them to the device.

@Haze Vaporizers
Will any of these usb-c to usb-c cables will improve faster charging??
https://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-usb-c-adapters-cables-and-hubs/
Any faster & safe third party charger plus cord combo, instead of the provided one for the PRO, availability or ideas??
What are the safest max numbers a Square PRO can take for charging??
Stay vaped...

I cannot give a definite answer on specific 3rd party products unless we get them and our engineers test them. Some products do not advertise exactly what they are, what they do or don't do.

We are working hard on testing the micro dose concept. We are also working hard on creating troubleshooting and training videos on the unit.

We are experiencing and validating the fact that convection units are way more effective over conduction units but they require a steeper learning curve. If a customer reaches out and if we walk them through, they are happy. We are going to publish videos and written documentation on how to vaporize effectively with a convection vaporizer along with how to use Square to its full potential.

Experienced users share positive feedback and some beginners show struggle in terms of getting vapor out of the unit. It is mostly three areas where we find the struggle:

1) Packing technique (less material = less visible vapor)
2) Not assembling the lid correctly after a deep clean.
3) Not properly cleaning the unit after several uses.

Conduction vaporizers are way more forgiving in terms of cleaning as they keep cooking your bowl no matter what but convection hot air operation relies on proper, unrestricted air flow and obstructions will cause issue. We are going to address all these in our videos and written documentation which we will share.

Thank you again for all your feedback and input. There is a ton going on in the background for support, new accessories, convenience tools etc. So we will start releasing all these as soon as they are ready.

its moops

2 days ago I loaded up my haze for the first time completely with all 4 pods. Pods were I'd say 90% full with barely any tamp and concave screens on top. I would take 3-4 hits at 370 then 3-4 hits at 400 then rotate to next pod. All pretty good hits, early ones more flavorful and less clouds acuse of the low temp. That lasted me through thurs night and haze didnt die on me

Next day I opened, stirred all the pods, charged it up, did not really clean anything or wipe ss screens (there werent super dirty but there was still stuff on there). The performance seemed to have diminished quite a bit. I tried 400, 420, and 440 settings, but I felt like I would get only 1-2 ok hits and some of the pods didnt seem to hit well at all. I was out and about at this time so stirring or cleaning wasnt an option.

This morning I opened it up, the ABV definitely looks like it had more juice in it but this time, i took 2 pods and topped off the other 2 pods with them so now I only have 2 full pods I could hit now. I didnt do a deep clean but i wiped the ss screens with ISO wipe.

Tried this morning and got 2-3 hits of each pod at 440 and I think I might be able to get a couple more later.

Overall the experience of a full tray was good. Last night was a little disappointing with the weak performance but I do believe it was because i didnt wipe the screens. Deep cleaning doesnt seem required each time, but wiping with ISO is required. I'm real glad though I didnt run into any combustion problems.

As for the concave screens, I think my view on it is still that they are not really that useful overall since you still have to wipe the ss screens anytime you open the square pretty much. The only real benefit I see is that they kind of allow you to load less material in the pod but that amount is pretty small

ginolicious

I don’t want to be that person that keeps asking questions on the app. But I still don’t get it. I set my preset temps. I name the setting to something different and then I hit transfer so it can load on my vape. Not sure why it’s not saving that preset down there. Am I doing something wrong here? Anyone else have a few presets saved now? I don’t wanna bother haze but I’m totally missing something here that’s probably so obvious. Also you can’t use dashes in the setting name. I learnt that.

Someone screwed up my monitor settings on my computer. It’s a 37 inch tv. And now I have a million preset temps. Jesus. App works fine. It is a computer issue. Not a haze issue. Wish I could have my resolution higher and be able to use the app. But i will just decrease the zoom from 175 down to 100 and the app works fine.

Last edited:
ginolicious,

Djsleepy

If anyone having problems with downloading firmware ....i was at first ....I deleted the files I had downloaded......as Haze said to do and downloaded again to computer.....Bam!!!! worked like magic.....It's updates as fast as other s have said.......

Petunia Vanish

The firmware version is on the same screen and it should read version 59 as the latest firmware.

Presets are saved if you name them. Otherwise, it will overwrite what was saved before. You can name the settings on the screen before transferring them to the device.

I cannot give a definite answer on specific 3rd party products unless we get them and our engineers test them. Some products do not advertise exactly what they are, what they do or don't do.

We are working hard on testing the micro dose concept. We are also working hard on creating troubleshooting and training videos on the unit.

We are experiencing and validating the fact that convection units are way more effective over conduction units but they require a steeper learning curve. If a customer reaches out and if we walk them through, they are happy. We are going to publish videos and written documentation on how to vaporize effectively with a convection vaporizer along with how to use Square to its full potential.

Experienced users share positive feedback and some beginners show struggle in terms of getting vapor out of the unit. It is mostly three areas where we find the struggle:

Conduction vaporizers are way more forgiving in terms of cleaning as they keep cooking your bowl no matter what but convection hot air operation relies on proper, unrestricted air flow and obstructions will cause issue. We are going to address all these in our videos and written documentation which we will share.

Thank you again for all your feedback and input. There is a ton going on in the background for support, new accessories, convenience tools etc. So we will start releasing all these as soon as they are ready.
Can I use the pass through the vaporizer while charged to the car charger which is 2.1 volts is that drawing enough power

Petunia Vanish,

b0

Cloudy...
I don’t want to be that person that keeps asking questions on the app. But I still don’t get it. I set my preset temps. I name the setting to something different and then I hit transfer so it can load on my vape. Not sure why it’s not saving that preset down there. Am I doing something wrong here? Anyone else have a few presets saved now? I don’t wanna bother haze but I’m totally missing something here that’s probably so obvious. Also you can’t use dashes in the setting name. I learnt that.

Someone screwed up my monitor settings on my computer. It’s a 37 inch tv. And now I have a million preset temps. Jesus. App works fine. It is a computer issue. Not a haze issue. Wish I could have my resolution higher and be able to use the app. But i will just decrease the zoom from 175 down to 100 and the app works fine.

I have no issues saving profiles. As long as I use a different name it saves them or if I use the same overwrites.

ginolicious

To confirm, my windows 10 computer is hooked up to tv in living room. It’s on a 37 inch tv. I have the resolution and app settings set to zoom in 175% so I can see from the couch. Wireless mouse and keyboard. Well for some reason the haze app zoomed in wouldn’t allow me to see my pre sets. So that fixed the problem.

When loading a pre set, has anyone noticed it is instanteous? I don’t see anything blink on my vape. And then when I look at the settings for what temps are on my vape it shows the one I preloaded. Is it that quick for others? That you don’t notice the vape do anything, only see the settings you selected as current in the app?

ginolicious,
Reactions: Zow237

ginolicious

Yeah now I know why I combusted. My settings didnt load the way I wanted. When I’m in the app and I click load for a different setting it is not working. Am I missing something ?

ginolicious,

Petunia Vanish

@Haze Vaporizers

If I'm buying a usb-c battery pack what specifications do i need to know to power the square. Plug-in play style.

RogueGuy

Accessory Maker
Yeah now I know why I combusted. My settings didnt load the way I wanted. When I’m in the app and I click load for a different setting it is not working. Am I missing something ?
I plugged it into USB and turned it on. Launched app. Change settings, change name, hit "Transfer" button, my light is cycling through my colors, then screen comes up, "Square updated".

That's it I typed while I did it.

I'm vaping mainly at 415, 425, 480

ginolicious

I plugged it into USB and turned it on. Launched app. Change settings, change name, hit "Transfer" button, my light is cycling through my colors, then screen comes up, "Square updated".

That's it I typed while I did it.

I'm vaping mainly at 415, 425, 480

I thought you could just hit the load button to load prior settings? Seems like I can’t unless I create a fresh setting.

This thing is unreal at shatter though. It’s a fucking beast. 480F. Not hot at all. Smooth as fuck. Huge clouds. Cleaned those pods spotless except for the lids. Flavour was unreal. Better than the Dual V3 for shatter.

Last edited:
ginolicious,

RogueGuy

Accessory Maker
Just tried one of the mini screen baskets for a micro bowl and they do work really well.

Tried some finger hash in the micro basket at 480, works great. I started at 450 got some flavor but no vapor. Bumped it up to 480 and got nice big hits.

Hash melted into a blob in corner of basket after a couple of nice hits. I opened it gave it a stir and it was still sticky. Hit it a couple more times and I think I could have gotten one or two more.

I love the versatility. Oil in one, hash in one, flower in two.

Last edited:

Insecttt

I also had the problem where I was charging my unit and the light became green and would not shut off. The unit was completely unresponsive, and very hot. Eventually it turned off.

I charged it fully, turned it on, and attempted to use it. The coil would not heat up, even though I could hold down the button until it turned green to "heat" the coil. I looked in the vent to see if the coil was glowing, it was not.

The unit also does not vibrate, and isn't recognized by my computer. Previously, it vibrated and was recognized by my computer. I also tried updating the firmware with a usb-c flash-drive. This did nothing.

So it is completely useless right now.

Insecttt,

Petunia Vanish

My wife freaks out when SQUARE gets hot (415-440) for herb.

I can't imagine how hot 480 would make it.... How many hits can the unit give at 480 before battery goes?

Petunia Vanish,

RogueGuy

Accessory Maker
My wife freaks out when SQUARE gets hot (415-440) for herb.

I can't imagine how hot 480 would make it.... How many hits can the unit give at 480 before battery goes?
480 for hash and concentrates. I am finding the best vapor and good flavor at 410-430.

Curious if others think the flower is actually reaching this temp? Hits at 420 are smoother than any vape I have tried at temps below 400.

Vaped 3 bowls from a friends Pax the other day. I took both ends apart. As far as stealth and convenience go its pretty cool and it produced a lot of vapor. But the flavor was lacking and the hits were really hot compared to the Square. I don't know his temp though.

Top Bottom