Discontinued Haze Square

b0

Cloudy...
The V3 was a much more "finished product". I miss that kind of attention to detail with the Square. Its design is great, but the production values need some tweaking.

I mean, V3 means there were a few iterations of the vape until it got that good, right? Stop comparing apples to oranges people and give some time to haze, I'm sure the square it's gonna be an amazing vape at some point. Don't forget we all pre-orders have a free update when the units are perfect, no questions asked.

Top cs from @Haze Vaporizers.

mfw0mb

Dr. Octagon
Gah! :whoa: My phase 2 should be delivered tomorrow. Will post pics of those spots for all. Still stoked for it to get here!!

mfw0mb,
Reactions: Whisper

wall

Same stuff over here with the square I just got, scuffs in the same places as the others that posted, also I may have a seal issue because it seems like its taking in a ton of air and all I get is 1-2 wispy hits even at on setting 4. I may be doing something wrong but I'm not blown away by this one

wall,

Haze Vaporizers

Manufacturer
Same stuff over here with the square I just got, scuffs in the same places as the others that posted, also I may have a seal issue because it seems like its taking in a ton of air and all I get is 1-2 wispy hits even at on setting 4. I may be doing something wrong but I'm not blown away by this one
None of the Phase 2 units have seal issue like phase 1 units. You can PM me or contact customer service to troubleshoot or assist with your unit so you can use it properly or get assistance on service.

Haze Vaporizers,
Reactions: ShovelHead

Petunia Vanish

Any pics?

Petunia Vanish,

ginolicious

Mine should be here today. Lonely anticipated. Little nervous and anxious and excited to get it. Been seeing some issues people have with phase 2. I hope I am not on that list. This vape was $300 CDN for me. Doesn’t include the duty I may have to pay.

Looking forward to hopefully unboxing today after work. Charging up and doing a quick clean before my first bowl. Hoping for no user error for me as well.

ginolicious,

django7

Here's a long-winded post about the Dual and the Square, based on my experience. If you don't want to read the details, here's the short version: I like both, and they serve different purposes.

Now the details:

I have a Dual V3 (actually I have 2 of them) and now the Haze Square (phase 1).

They are very different vapes. Comparing them is a bit like comparing apples and oranges.

The Dual is a session vape, with a hybrid type system. I prefer using the cans, so what I get is a lot of conduction and a bit of convection. The result is a nice, steady vape session that lasts quite a long time. I find the Dual very easy to fill and clean, and I get reliable vapor from any material. I really don't have to think about it much, it's just easy and convenient and handles whatever I put into it.

The Dual did have problems at launch (I was there) but with the V3 it's now very nicely designed. The Dual still has one big flaw in my opinion -- if you use very resinous material, or (even worse) concentrates, you will eventually get build-up on the outside of the inner shaft. This build-up cannot be cleaned without disassembling the unit (and killing your warranty). I've done this with one of my units, and it's actually not that hard to clean and restore to perfect, but of course Haze isn't going to officially support anyone pulling the unit apart. You're supposed to send it in for "deep cleaning". Anyway...enough on that.

The Square is a convection vape, and it's an excellent one. But the on-demand nature, and the very open air flow design, means you have to learn to use it. Everything affects the outcome -- material selection (how fine the grind, how damp, the strain, etc.), amount, how hard you tamp it down, how fast you draw, how long you hold the button, how high you have the temperature, how *clean* your screens are (this is vital!), and so on.

You get the idea. The Square requires a bit of experience and experimentation (at least it sure did for me!). It will never be as easy to use as the Dual.

However, the Square produces the *most* tasty and amazing hits I've ever encountered, anywhere. And it hits really hard. It's worth having around just for that experience.

The battery life is poor if you're an all-day user like me, but the Square isn't really designed for that, in my opinion. It's an on-demand device that'll give you a powerful effect right away. I charge it after every 2 bowls, and it takes about 15-20 mins on the wall charger.

Finish-wise, my Square is ok (it's a phase 1). Not amazing, it looks a bit rough, and it's very easy to scuff. But then again you should see my Dual. It's got the finish all rubbed off in place and scratches, etc. Both units are solid and functional, though.

I'm a bit worried that the main switch on the Square will fail -- I've already had it stick in the depressed position a couple of times, but wiggling it freed it up...time will tell.

I mentioned cleaning -- the Square needs to be *very* clean. I find that performance suffers after just a couple of bowls through those screens. They don't look very dirty, but it matters. Until I started cleaning it completely, I was getting inconsistent results and I had to use higher temps. I bought an extra set just so I could always have clean ones on hand.

Cleaning the Square is easy enough, but you also have to do it a lot. I do like that you can clean everything completely -- the entire air path. I won't have to disassemble the Square ;)

The Square goes through material a lot faster -- those big bowls are part of it, I suppose, and no doubt it's the reason the Square hits so hard -- but it's a factor to consider. I estimate I use 3 times as much material in a day of Square usage compared to the Dual. I'm also more medicated, but oddly enough it wears off sooner.

The Square has not replaced the Dual, for me. It has become a welcome addition, instead.

I still like the Dual for my usual session vaping -- puffing at it while I do other things, I don't have to think much, don't have to worry about draw or holding down a button for the right length of time. It's also great for having next to the bed for those occasional insomnia nights.

But I also fill up the Square in the morning, and grab it whenever I want an immediate boost. I find that the two vapes complement each other very well.

ginolicious

Sounds like a lot of us are getting our units tonight after work. Me included. Very excited. We all need to report back as to our phase 2 unit experiences.

I intend to provide an initial experience and impression followed by a more in-depth report after a few days of usuaage. I wish it came
Friday so I could have fun with it all weekend. I can’t do more than 2 bowls tops tonight as I need my sleep to be in court early in the mornings.

ginolicious,

ChickenNugget

Sounds like a lot of us are getting our units tonight after work. Me included. Very excited. We all need to report back as to our phase 2 unit experiences.

I intend to provide an initial experience and impression followed by a more in-depth report after a few days of usuaage. I wish it came
Friday so I could have fun with it all weekend. I can’t do more than 2 bowls tops tonight as I need my sleep to be in court early in the mornings.
Everyone has to have a good flight test and try all 4 bowls. I and my friend were very impressed with the vapor quality and output and overall level of medication.

ChickenNugget,

ginolicious

Do different bowls hit better? Haha. Or they all hit the same? I thought I would ask that if anyone noticed one bowl is better than the other. Kinda like a BBQ. My left side of grill cooks quicker than the right haha

ginolicious,

ChickenNugget

Mine will get a full workout Friday night. Hoping to go through 4 bowls just to test them/the battery life
From my 4 bowl test, the computer app said I had 25% battery left. So there may be enough power to do 5 bowls but there is definitely enough to do the 4. I will say my unit got very warm to hold by the 3rd and 4th bowl. I have a silicone skin and it made it much easier to handle though. My Max temp was 390°F. I staggered my temp settings. The first was 320 then 335, 350, 375, and 390 max. Amazing hits the whole time and the taste held up.

ChickenNugget,
Reactions: Summer

ChickenNugget

I would love to see usage recordings in the app. How many hours of usage. How much each temp is used and so forth. Be cool.
The app has potential. I don't know how they would implement it for android like they have said but I'm interested. This is definitely a vape for the modern times haha.

ChickenNugget,

wall

Interesting... Your O rings were shot already eh. How did you know? By looking at them for the fact you could feel the seal broken and mini vapour production?
The way I see it is I can hear a lot of air being sucked in and with my ff2 when I wouldn’t be getting a lot of vapor it was because of a bad seal so I’m going on a hunch that I’m having the same issue here, just not sure what’s not getting a proper seal here. Bowl is brown but very little vapor production

wall,

ginolicious

Was this a phase 1 or two unit? I believe the issue was corrected?

Good job Haze!!!! I got my unit and no duty!!! What ever you did good stuff, but I’m at work and can’t try it till I get home and after my daughter goes to bed.

ginolicious,

TKraus

Was this a phase 1 or two unit? I believe the issue was corrected?

Good job Haze!!!! I got my unit and no duty!!! What ever you did good stuff, but I’m at work and can’t try it till I get home and after my daughter goes to bed.

Let us know how it goes. I'm excited for you lol

TKraus,
Square Pro arrived in great cosmetic condition (thankfully). Received the cleaning tray and a case I purchased as well. Charged and packed a small bowl

First impressions: nice heft to it and feels good in the hands. Haptic feedback is great to have. Easy to use so far: set temp - hold til feedback/green light - hold through through the hr an release. Real easy to pull (have been using the lowest setting).

Cleaning will take a practiced routine in sure. Not the most graceful to take apart, but easy enough. No more hassle than cleaning a batch of used records I’m sure

Overall: pleasantly thrilled, esp. at sub-$200. Can definitely see myself packing this up and putting it in a backpack for a day trip. Dunno bout battery life yet, but I think it’ll be fine. Not going on multi-hour hikes with it (yet).

Need to wait to get experience with concentrates. If it had a Mac app, it’d be damn near perfect

Immediate update: combustion on the next hit. Womp Womp...

EDIT 2: I thought it was 360 degrees (lowest factory setting)

But looking at it now, the orientation I used (thumb on bottom) I may have bumped it to the highest temp? Can’t remember if I hit the inside or outside button.
The button may have been red when the temp was set

Thanks to @Wildcat for asking and make me reconsider

Last edited:
Brassmonkie369,
Reactions: KMizzy
Top Bottom