Discontinued Haze Square

ginolicious

Square Pro arrived in great cosmetic condition (thankfully). Received the cleaning tray and a case I purchased as well. Charged and packed a small bowl

First impressions: nice heft to it and feels good in the hands. Haptic feedback is great to have. Easy to use so far: set temp - hold til feedback/green light - hold through through the hr an release. Real easy to pull (have been using the lowest setting).

Cleaning will take a practiced routine in sure. Not the most graceful to take apart, but easy enough. No more hassle than cleaning a batch of used records I’m sure

Overall: pleasantly thrilled, esp. at sub-$200. Can definitely see myself packing this up and putting it in a backpack for a day trip. Dunno bout battery life yet, but I think it’ll be fine. Not going on multi-hour hikes with it (yet).

Need to wait to get experience with concentrates. If it had a Mac app, it’d be damn near perfect

Immediate update: combustion on the next hit. Womp Womp...

How small of a bowl was packed?

Holding heater through entire draw?

Combustion eh, how did you manage that? Drawing too slow?

ginolicious,
How small of a bowl was packed?

Holding heater through entire draw?

Combustion eh, how did you manage that? Drawing too slow?

Small was the wrong word I guess. 3/4 fill, lightly tamped.

Heated up after 10 minute cooldown. Pressed 3 times and heated to temp. Held button on inhale. Lowest setting Maybe I drew too hard? Felt it combusting too late. Exhaled a FAT cloud.

Learning curve needed maybe. Don’t hold the button while pulling (which is fine, but counter intuitive at first). That was the lowest factory set setting. And a 10 sec pull.

Last edited:
Brassmonkie369,
Reactions: Jill NYC

ginolicious

Just got home and unboxed my vape. Didn’t get to the bottom layer. Just stoppedafter I took the vape out.

Very happy. Has nice weight to it. When changing bowls it felt a little strange. Something I’m not use to, to have a vape move like that. Snapping the tray back together felt odd too or pulling it off. Felt like I was going to break it in that I didn’t want to rip it out. Well made for sure. Didn’t expect it to clip in that nice. Holds well for sure.

As for blemishes. None. Well in between the heat controls there is a very small one. Couldn’t notice it at first but I really inspected the sucker. Where the mouth piece goes in was dirty. I expected that from the manufacturing process. Around the mouth piece hole was a small imperfection. Nothing too crazy either. Overall well done Haze I’m impressed. These imperfections are so minor and im being extremely critical. So yes. Not bothered by anything. Also the box had a minor dent on the edge. Not a huge deal either from transport. I was a little nervous to come home. But damn I’m happy.

Now I need my daughter to go to sleep so I can try it.

For those reading this I said I was going to look over this device with an extremely fine tooth comb. I didn’t expect a 100% perfect unit and presentation. I rate it at 99.7%. Exceeded my expectations for sure.

I was overwhelmed with excitement to unbox this. Totally didn’t look at the instructions at all.

Wife better not combust with it. I’ll kill her haha.

Edit. Starting the charge now. Plugged it in and was confused. I tried to use the black cable haha. I’m a goof. Took 2-3 seconds for the light to start blinking red and we are off to the races.

Moving on to build quality it is damn sturdy. In my pocket I can read my pods shake a bit if empty when I walk. Also this device reminds me of the brick Nokia phones from the late 90s. Solid bricks capable of everything.

Another edit:

After two bowls I’m vaped. I barely saw any visible vapor. I’m super baked but I didn’t see any vapor. When my wife used it I saw a very little bit on highest temp. No clouds. I was unable to get any clouds on highway stock heat setting. Loose pack. Didn’t tamp filled over half.

Third bowl. Wow!!! Packed a full bowl. Level 2 temp I got 3 huge cloud hits. When the vapor was getting warm in mouth and could feel it I released the heater. And it’s still going on level 2. This is by far the best test so far. No combustion. My earlier issues were I didn’t pack enough in my bowls. But now I packed a full bowl. Don’t get me wrong, small bowls were good flavour. But very small visible vapor. 4 or 5 solid hits on level 2 and then the visible vapor is gone. If microdose pods give you nice clouds on low settings I’ll be happy. Under half and this vape doesn’t perform well. Over 3/4 fill and boom it’s great. Visible vapor now trickles off after 4-6 hits on a decent size bowl. Taste is here and so are effects. This is an over .2 vape for some solid effects and 10-15 big hits. Didn’t get that far in my third bowl. ABV could have kept going. But I was tapping out and wanted to see what the ABV looked like.

Overall build quality is real nice. Fits nice in your hands. When you switch bowls it clicks in nice. When you attach the second half to the square you can feel the piece locking in. I do foresee the finish getting scratched a bit on exterior. Mouth piece fits snuggly in the storage port. In the actual port it’s a little loose but doesn’t fall out.

Do wish that when you change heat setting the light would show that Color as you are heating and then go green when it’s heated.

Last edited:

ChickenNugget

Just got home and unboxed my vape. Didn’t get to the bottom layer. Just stoppedafter I took the vape out.

Very happy. Has nice weight to it. When changing bowls it felt a little strange. Something I’m not use to, to have a vape move like that. Snapping the tray back together felt odd too or pulling it off. Felt like I was going to break it in that I didn’t want to rip it out. Well made for sure. Didn’t expect it to clip in that nice. Holds well for sure.

As for blemishes. None. Well in between the heat controls there is a very small one. Couldn’t notice it at first but I really inspected the sucker. Where the mouth piece goes in was dirty. I expected that from the manufacturing process. Around the mouth piece hole was a small imperfection. Nothing too crazy either. Overall well done Haze I’m impressed. These imperfections are so minor and im being extremely critical. So yes. Not bothered by anything. Also the box had a minor dent on the edge. Not a huge deal either from transport. I was a little nervous to come home. But damn I’m happy.

Now I need my daughter to go to sleep so I can try it.

For those reading this I said I was going to look over this device with an extremely fine tooth comb. I didn’t expect a 100% perfect unit and presentation. I rate it at 99.7%. Exceeded my expectations for sure.

I was overwhelmed with excitement to unbox this. Totally didn’t look at the instructions at all.

Wife better not combust with it. I’ll kill her haha.

Edit. Starting the charge now. Plugged it in and was confused. I tried to use the black cable haha. I’m a goof. Took 2-3 seconds for the light to start blinking red and we are off to the races.

Moving on to build quality it is damn sturdy. In my pocket I can read my pods shake a bit if empty when I walk. Also this device reminds me of the brick Nokia phones from the late 90s. Solid bricks capable of everything.

Another edit:

After two bowls I’m vaped. I barely saw any visible vapor. I’m super baked but I didn’t see any vapor. When my wife used it I saw a very little bit on highest temp. No clouds. I was unable to get any clouds on highway stock heat setting. Loose pack. Didn’t tamp filled over half.

Third bowl. Wow!!! Packed a full bowl. Level 2 temp I got 3 huge cloud hits. When the vapor was getting warm in mouth and could feel it I released the heater. And it’s still going on level 2. This is by far the best test so far. No combustion. My earlier issues were I didn’t pack enough in my bowls. But now I packed a full bowl. Don’t get me wrong, small bowls were good flavour. But very small visible vapor. 4 or 5 solid hits on level 2 and then the visible vapor is gone. If microdose pods give you nice clouds on low settings I’ll be happy. Under half and this vape doesn’t perform well. Over 3/4 fill and boom it’s great. Visible vapor now trickles off after 4-6 hits on a decent size bowl. Taste is here and so are effects.
It's strange how I'm achieving vapor at the lowest possible setting and many others report needing to be 400+. The vapor quality and mouthfeel I get from the Square is outstanding. It's a super efficient vape but yes agreed, the bowls need at least a 3/4 pack. I'm gonna try a Mighty pod it seems to fit and could keep down maintenance and pack less.

ginolicious

I was getting some nice vapor at second setting on my almost fully packed bowl. But the cloud did trail off near the 4th or 5th hit. I then stepped up to 3rd setting.

ginolicious,
Reactions: Summer

Stdudez

Got my in tonight as well!! Currently charging but a few notes for you all while its charging:

1) I ordered the Wanderlust collection. I didn't receive the extra 2x trays or the extra battery. Kinda sucks cause I wanted to have 2x fully loaded trays for a little excursion this weekend (I have a USB C Anker battery pack for the extra juice needed for 2 trays) - but hey... no biggy! I've found Haze CS to be fantastic and I know they will take care of it! Also the silicone sleeve was blue when I ordered red. Again - whatevs!

2) mine had a TINY blemish by the +/- buttons. No big deal at all!!! Very happy compared to a few I've seen on here recently. I was getting a little nervous but all good!

3) plugged mine in and it started charging immediately without issue. Good news there!

4) I haven't hit it yet but I'm 95% sure the bottom o-ring is trash on mine too.... the mouthpeice is super loose in the holder slot and even more loose in the air path. Since the wanderlust comes with an extra mouthpeice I will try that one too if there's a problem. The one that came with the unit looks visibly decayed - the extra does not. Worst case I'll try what someone else did and hit the hardware store to try and remedy the issue myself. Kind of a silly problem to have IMHO but hey, if everything else is good I'm a happy camper.

Super excited to take some draws in a bit - bowls locked an loaded waiting on a finished charge!!

More to come Kids!!! :leaf::sherlock::rockon:

holyparsniper

I've vaped, and I can't get up!
Damn. My mouth is watering. I have no confirmation email, ordered on 420 and have 3 nice different strains and some home pressed Rosin waiting for when this bird flys home. I feel a little sad for my Arizer Air in a way. GET ME THAT SHIP CONFORMATION

What did you fellow Canadians pay on duty? Hopefully it hasn’t gotten to the point of Trade Taiffs on vapes yet.

holyparsniper,

ginolicious

Damn. My mouth is watering. I have no confirmation email, ordered on 420 and have 3 nice different strains and some home pressed Rosin waiting for when this bird flys home. I feel a little sad for my Arizer Air in a way. GET ME THAT SHIP CONFORMATION

What did you fellow Canadians pay on duty? Hopefully it hasn’t gotten to the point of Trade Taiffs on vapes yet.

I didn’t pay duty.

Haze Vaporizers

Manufacturer
Got my in tonight as well!! Currently charging but a few notes for you all while its charging:

1) I ordered the Wanderlust collection. I didn't receive the extra 2x trays or the extra battery. Kinda sucks cause I wanted to have 2x fully loaded trays for a little excursion this weekend (I have a USB C Anker battery pack for the extra juice needed for 2 trays) - but hey... no biggy! I've found Haze CS to be fantastic and I know they will take care of it! Also the silicone sleeve was blue when I ordered red. Again - whatevs!

2) mine had a TINY blemish by the +/- buttons. No big deal at all!!! Very happy compared to a few I've seen on here recently. I was getting a little nervous but all good!

3) plugged mine in and it started charging immediately without issue. Good news there!

4) I haven't hit it yet but I'm 95% sure the bottom o-ring is trash on mine too.... the mouthpeice is super loose in the holder slot and even more loose in the air path. Since the wanderlust comes with an extra mouthpeice I will try that one too if there's a problem. The one that came with the unit looks visibly decayed - the extra does not. Worst case I'll try what someone else did and hit the hardware store to try and remedy the issue myself. Kind of a silly problem to have IMHO but hey, if everything else is good I'm a happy camper.

Super excited to take some draws in a bit - bowls locked an loaded waiting on a finished charge!!

More to come Kids!!! :leaf::sherlock::rockon:
Some extra accessories may be short shipped since we are awaiting inventory. Any missing accessory should be coming in a second package. We appreciate you guys.

ginolicious

You guys packing full bowls to get the good usage? That’s where I had the most success but damn the vape tastes amazing.

ginolicious,
Reactions: Stdudez
You guys packing full bowls to get the good usage? That’s where I had the most success but damn the vape tastes amazing.

Packed a 3/4 bowl of fine ground and tamped lightly. Had a couple of tasty hits with my coffee this morning. Much much easier to do than it has been with my Arizer Solo. Love that I can take a couple pulls and pack the Square up for storage

Stdudez

Overall, I had a good session last night. Seeing as though this is my first convection vape - there is definitely a bit of a learning curve. I'm using what I would call a medium grind consistency (with Chewy 2), and not really sure how much to pack or how hard to tamp down. Seems like the best was a bowl packed to the brim then lightly tamped, but still unsure of that. Some draws were monsters on the lowest and second lowest default heat settings, and some were unusually whispy and light on the 4th setting for example, when the bowl definitely wasn't full extracted (I checked). I also experimented with a double button press and the first time took a big-ol' combustion draw. However I learned from it and figured out how to prevent it. Because I got some big draws just by holding the button down while drawing, even though inconsistent, I feel as though once I get the hang of it 2 button presses shouldn't be necessary.

I can't tell if its user error or if I should try getting a couple of o-rings at the hardware store, as I think that is playing into it. It sounds as though air is sucking in around the mouthpeice when I draw. As for the mouthpieces, the one that came in the kit turns out being slightly more snug that the extra one I ordered. The extra is so loose if you just shake the square when its tucked away in its hiding slot it falls out.

If I try the o-ring replacement and it helps ai'll report back. Otherwise about to do some more testing this morning! :ko:

ginolicious

Glad to see I am not the only one with a mouth piece issue. Or thought to have one. I guess that’s just the way the vape is. It’s the little knob I think that you use to take it out from storage. It protrudes a bit and therefore sits right on top of the opening ledge when you go for a draw.

My two bowls last night were terrible. But under half packed. My third was almost full and yup. That was great. I’ll be packing a bowl like that tonight after work. This vape definitely needs almost fully package. My third bowl did provide good vapour production on second setting. But near the 4th or 5th draw it was getting wispy.

My first two bowls didn’t see any vapour. But damn. I get so stoned. I was upset I couldn’t see vapor so I went for the third bowl. I got really high last night. No clouds but good effects and amazing taste.

As for using the thing I hold my button almost through the entire draw. When I can feel and taste the vapor in mouth I’ll speed up my draw speed and release the button. Haven’t yet combusted.

My coil doesn’t always glow. It’ll glow for the beginning and then it’ll shut off. Also I notice one or two heat ups the coil wasn’t glowing at all or two longer than usual to begin glowing. This normal? The silicone piece that sits in the tray with the chambers was a pain to put back in. Not the side with the lid caps, but the side with the actual bowls. Took me some time.

Super excited to give another test tonight after work. Gonna go a full bowl see how many solid draws I get.

ginolicious,
Overall, I had a good session last night. Seeing as though this is my first convection vape - there is definitely a bit of a learning curve. I'm using what I would call a medium grind consistency (with Chewy 2), and not really sure how much to pack or how hard to tamp down. Seems like the best was a bowl packed to the brim then lightly tamped, but still unsure of that. Some draws were monsters on the lowest and second lowest default heat settings, and some were unusually whispy and light on the 4th setting for example, when the bowl definitely wasn't full extracted (I checked). I also experimented with a double button press and the first time took a big-ol' combustion draw. However I learned from it and figured out how to prevent it. Because I got some big draws just by holding the button down while drawing, even though inconsistent, I feel as though once I get the hang of it 2 button presses shouldn't be necessary.

I can't tell if its user error or if I should try getting a couple of o-rings at the hardware store, as I think that is playing into it. It sounds as though air is sucking in around the mouthpeice when I draw. As for the mouthpieces, the one that came in the kit turns out being slightly more snug that the extra one I ordered. The extra is so loose if you just shake the square when its tucked away in its hiding slot it falls out.

If I try the o-ring replacement and it helps ai'll report back. Otherwise about to do some more testing this morning! :ko:

Not fully extracting a bowl is a little concerning. I’ll have to check mine tonight to se how it’s doing

The upside if it remains constant: bud should decarbed by the vaping process regardless. Less extraction means stronger edibles when the AVB is collected down the line

Glad to see I am not the only one with a mouth piece issue. Or thought to have one. I guess that’s just the way the vape is. It’s the little knob I think that you use to take it out from storage. It protrudes a bit and therefore sits right on top of the opening ledge when you go for a draw.

My two bowls last night were terrible. But under half packed. My third was almost full and yup. That was great. I’ll be packing a bowl like that tonight after work. This vape definitely needs almost fully package. My third bowl did provide good vapour production on second setting. But near the 4th or 5th draw it was getting wispy.

My first two bowls didn’t see any vapour. But damn. I get so stoned. I was upset I couldn’t see vapor so I went for the third bowl. I got really high last night. No clouds but good effects and amazing taste.

As for using the thing I hold my button almost through the entire draw. When I can feel and taste the vapor in mouth I’ll speed up my draw speed and release the button. Haven’t yet combusted.

My coil doesn’t always glow. It’ll glow for the beginning and then it’ll shut off. Also I notice one or two heat ups the coil wasn’t glowing at all or two longer than usual to begin glowing. This normal?

Maybe try using one of the concentrate pads and pack on top of that for smaller bowls? Something I plan to try out later in the week

Last edited by a moderator:

ChickenNugget

Maybe try using one of the concentrate pads and pack on top of that for smaller bowls? Something I plan to try out later in the week
I tried a pad on top of my small bowl and it didn't work very well. Hardly any vapor. Maybe a concentrate pad sandwich will fair better. Have yet to try a Mighty pod.

ChickenNugget,

ginolicious

Yeah I figured putting the pad on top wouldn’t work out well at all. However what if we put the pad on the bottom of the chamber and then place the herb on top of the pad? I may try that.

Also has anyone cleaned the mouth piece yet? Do you use iso? Remove the o rings first?

Lastly any concentrate users? I want to try but that stuff so expensive for me here. Over $50

I don’t think this unit was designed for small loads. Even haze said they were coming out with a microdose tool and we all trying to cut corners.

Forgot to mention. Difference between my two first bowls and my third bowl besides how much I packed, I did tamp the third bowl lightly oppose to the first two bowls were very loosely packed and swimming around. Definitely noticed an improvement. Needs a tamp for sure. I didn’t go hard and that’s why I didn’t combust.

ginolicious,
I tried a pad on top of my small bowl and it didn't work very well. Hardly any vapor. Maybe a concentrate pad sandwich will fair better. Have yet to try a Mighty pod.

What about the pad on the bottom, raise the floor of the chamber rather than lower the roof and stifle the vapor after it’s produced

This is what I was suggesting

Brassmonkie369,
Reactions: Easywider

ginolicious

I will be trying that tonight as well.

I’ll be honest. It is a great vape but it takes technique. You can’t just expect it to Be producing amazing on the first go not knowing how to use it. I was discouraged last night seeing the wife nail the first bowl and then I did one on my own, nothing, and then second bowl alone being my third of the night huge clouds. Technique involved for sure on this one.

It’s not like the Dual, pop a bit in and boom clouds in the first hit all the way through. Mind you does not taste as good as the square and the taste does not last on the Dual as long compared to the square.

Can’t wait to get home and do another bowl.

ginolicious

Looking into a new portable, and looking to keep it budget friendly as I have a family now, saw the square pro under $200 and still can get in on the preorder incentives. I was a dual user and I loved it but got rid of it, I’ll be reading this thread all day.. :sherlock:

It’s a good vape I own both. Great tasting vapor. It’s not a session style vape and it’s not for beginners. I’ve been vaping for 2-3 years. Never used an on demand convection vape. I had issues with my first two bowls before getting great results and clouds on my third bowl. Mind you I was fucking super stoned at that point. My 2 previous bowls were great effects and taste, no visible vapor even in an LED light.

Top Bottom