Discontinued Haze Square

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)
@Haze Vaporizers I just received my phase 2 unit today. I haven't tried it out yet, but I'm a bit disappointed already by the unit appearance itself. Did I receive a refurbished model? It looks like the air path has some debris or something inside, and the casing itself is damaged near the +/- butons. It also just...looks dirty.

This picture is straight out of the box
4PUAgmU.jpg
4PUAgmU
Phase 2 here.
420 Special Square Pro preorder.
Mine looked the same straight out of the box as well.
I’m still waiting an answer from them.
Stay vaped...

Zangano Cruel,

holyparsniper

I've vaped, and I can't get up!
Ruh Roh! I ordered on 420. No shipping info yet, but I wasn’t that high on 4/20 to think that a unit in this sort of shape would be acceptable for a new vape. Harsh tokes all around.

retteric

Phase 2 here.
420 Special Square Pro preorder.
Mine looked the same straight out of the box as well.
I’m still waiting an answer from them.
Stay vaped...

Ruh Roh! I ordered on 420. No shipping info yet, but I wasn’t that high on 4/20 to think that a unit in this sort of shape would be acceptable for a new vape. Harsh tokes all around.

Mine was just a standard pre order from Haze directly.

retteric,

TKraus

@Haze Vaporizers I just received my phase 2 unit today. I haven't tried it out yet, but I'm a bit disappointed already by the unit appearance itself. Did I receive a refurbished model? It looks like the air path has some debris or something inside, and the casing itself is damaged near the +/- butons. It also just...looks dirty.

4PUAgmU.jpg
4PUAgmU

Wow I hope mine doesn't arrive like that. You can see all of the grime from whatever they were doing all in the mouthpiece hole. Looks like they must've had trouble getting it apart or something too by the looks of the damage on the outside. I wouldn't be happy with mine arriving like that, but if it worked and cleaned out well I guess it would not be too bad for the standard that has already been set by the phase 1 units.

TKraus,

Haze Vaporizers

Manufacturer
The scruffs around the + and - buttons are casting tool marks. This particular housing part should have never passed QC but looks like it did. Some impurities due to the nature of the casting process, are normal but this unit seems excessive.

On the other hand, we recommend every user to clean the air path as well as your filters with alcohol even if all units are sealed at the factory. There can be machine debris, grease or other post manufacturing dust on or inside the units. This is not unique to Haze. So we recommend cleaning your unit prior to first usage.

We do not sell or advertise refurbished units. If you bought from Haze directly, you received a unit directly from the factory.

@retteric , please send me your order ID and we can replace your unit.

retteric

The scruffs around the + and - buttons are casting tool marks. This particular housing part should have never passed QC but looks like it did. Some impurities due to the nature of the casting process, are normal but this unit seems excessive.

On the other hand, we recommend every user to clean the air path as well as your filters with alcohol even if all units are sealed at the factory. There can be machine debris, grease or other post manufacturing dust on or inside the units. This is not unique to Haze. So we recommend cleaning your unit prior to first usage.

We do not sell or advertise refurbished units. If you bought from Haze directly, you received a unit directly from the factory.

@retteric , please send me your order ID and we can replace your unit.

I have emailed cs@hazevaporizers.com already with the details. I am not sure if that goes to you or not.

retteric,

Petunia Vanish

4PUAgmU.jpg
4PUAgmU
How does it function?

One picture didn't load for me

Petunia Vanish,

retteric

How does it function?

One picture didn't load for me

I didn't even unpack the rest of the box nor try out the unit since it looks gross and damaged. Plan to just return it as is. I think the second picture was an error, there was just one supposed to be there.

retteric,

ChickenNugget

My Haze arrived earlier than expected and in my fit of joy I didn't bother cleaning the factory gunk out...with that being said it was a very good experience. 3 chambers for a group of 3 was perfect. I was on the lowest set temperature and the hits were very green and terpy and then turned cloudy. The app didn't connect on my windows pc but I'm not too worried. I could tell the maintenance is more involved but that's the point of having 4 chambers it's convenient. Just need a decent portable charger and I some trays and I'm good. Overall I wish my first vape had been a square:tup:

mrgippy

4PUAgmU.jpg
4PUAgmU

I got marks on it too for mine straight out of the box, but doesn't look bad as yours. Phase 2 as well.
tgbSUwE.jpg

Also the holes were partially painted.
f4yjB0Z.jpg

So far I am having trouble with this. First thing I notice is that it takes more than an hour to fully charge it. I got the Haze Square Pro with the type-c cable. I have tried the wall outlet and the PC and it just keep blinking red for an hour or two before fully green. Another thing is I have been messing around with the temps and I haven't found the sweet spot. 420 - 435ish produces low vapor. 440-450 is okay but it still wasn't good enough. As for 460 and above produce decent vapor but I have already combusted twice so I was a bit scared. The high I get after a session of a bowl barely gets me. So, I got a lot to learn.

Also, my bottom o-ring for my mouthpiece was a little thicker so it get stuck when putting in and pulling it out.

EDIT: It's been an hour and 20 minutes since this post and I was charging before I posted. It went from 37% to 75% from the Haze Pro App.

Last edited:
mrgippy,
Reactions: Summer

George1151

As a happy Haze dual v3 user I don't really understand the love for the square. The Dual has replaceable batteries which means you can take spares with you and never run out of juice, it's easy to clean and maintain, lowest setting works great, size is super convenient to carry in a pocket and the shape is very pocket friendly and because it looks like a small flask it is very stealthly (new word here lol) and good to use in public.

I guess on demand is useful but it sure seems like giving up a lot to move from the dual v3 to the square especially the replaceable on the fly batteries. Honestly I can't see the advantage of having 4 bowls in the vape when you can carry cans in the keychain and still have 2 in the vape.

George1151,

b0

Cloudy...
As a happy Haze dual v3 user I don't really understand the love for the square. The Dual has replaceable batteries which means you can take spares with you and never run out of juice, it's easy to clean and maintain, lowest setting works great, size is super convenient to carry in a pocket and the shape is very pocket friendly and because it looks like a small flask it is very stealthly (new word here lol) and good to use in public.

I guess on demand is useful but it sure seems like giving up a lot to move from the dual v3 to the square especially the replaceable on the fly batteries. Honestly I can't see the advantage of having 4 bowls in the vape when you can carry cans in the keychain and still have 2 in the vape.

Conduction VS convection? That's a MASSIVE difference.

What you saying is like comparing a mighty with a milaana... Not comparable at all.

Dan B

Have to say I've been really excited about the Haze Square but those photos of the phase 2 stock look really bad. Here's to hoping that it's just a teething problem. Those photos alone are enough to make me wait 6 months to see how the build quality stands over time.

Dan B,

wastedpotential

I love my v3, but the square does hit much better. However, you are correct about all the positives of v3, with the type of battery, small size, and super easy cleaning. If it wasn't for the better quality vapor and the on-demand heating, I would stick with my v3.
The Square produces as smooth experience. I've also noticed that it even when there is no visible vapor, there is strong extraction.

wastedpotential,
Reactions: Summer

ChickenNugget

The V3 was a much more "finished product". I miss that kind of attention to detail with the Square. Its design is great, but the production values need some tweaking.
Just remember it's a sub-200 dollar vape that is still in its preorder stage and with that purchase you get a year of maintenance and assistance. From my experience it works great and doesn't look like the few units posted. I am just having issues with charging now. My unit is a phase 2 and should have the battery update. I think with a few tweaks it could be a diamond.

Petunia Vanish

Just remember it's a sub-200 dollar vape that is still in its preorder stage and with that purchase you get a year of maintenance and assistance. From my experience it works great and doesn't look like the few units posted. I am just having issues with charging now. My unit is a phase 2 and should have the battery update. I think with a few tweaks it could be a diamond.
What's the battery update?

Petunia Vanish,

ginolicious

I love my v3, but the square does hit much better. However, you are correct about all the positives of v3, with the type of battery, small size, and super easy cleaning. If it wasn't for the better quality vapor and the on-demand heating, I would stick with my v3.
The Square produces as smooth experience. I've also noticed that it even when there is no visible vapor, there is strong extraction.

You saying the square provides superior vapour over V3?

The V3 was a much more "finished product". I miss that kind of attention to detail with the Square. Its design is great, but the production values need some tweaking.

V3 was the final model. They had two releases before that versions. I assume the versions before had heir flaws before the V3 came out. Same thing could be said about the square. If they release a few more versions we will be saying the same thing in a year or two. Also if you pre order you get the one free upgrade. That’s why I jumped in. If the square didn’t perform well I still have V3 to fall back on. And wait till the final product and trade my square in.

Top Bottom