Discontinued Haze Dual V3

lazylathe

Almost there...
New haze V3 owner and i have some questions after two sessions.
My unit came to me as a trade and is supposed to be fairly new.
It came with lots of batteries, so i grabbed a pair of 3200mAH and placed them on charge.

When completed i placed one in the Haze and loaded up a dry herb can.
Set the temp to 1 and hit it gently as soon as the light went solid.
Nice light vapor and great taste.
This however quickly deteriorated and i was getting the burnt taste very early on in the session.
The ABV was totally baked dark brown on temp 1. Is this normal?

I am wondering if it is the herb can that i used that caused this?
What is the best way to get max flavor out of this vape?
Going to start on the thread tomorrow.

Nice effects but i was hoping for longer lasting flavor.
The unit also gets terribly hot on the heater side and is uncomfortable to hold on that side.

Any tips gurus?

getochkn

It came with lots of batteries, so i grabbed a pair of 3200mAH and placed them on charge.

This however quickly deteriorated and i was getting the burnt taste very early on in the session.

The unit also gets terribly hot on the heater side and is uncomfortable to hold on that side.

Any tips gurus?

Temp 1 should not be too hot to handle, nor should it give really any vap with a can. I can only use temp 1 with a conduction screen. Anything else it's not hot enough. Doesn't sound right.

Slow Draw McGraw

Company Rep

Any tips gurus?
Try the other chamber. As @getochkn said, on temp 1 it should not be very hot nor should flavor deteriorate very quickly.

Slow Draw McGraw,
Reactions: Philreal187

mikeben

Are you using a Haze Battery? Is the airway clean? Make sure you clean both the top airway and side oven airway with ISO every four or five vapes. Use a dunked q tip for the top and a dunked pipe cleaner for the side with the oven open you want to clean. Try all this and see if your Haze is OK then.

PPN

Volute of Vapor

Any tips gurus?

Your issue was my mainly concern with this vape, the 2.5 version was better for flavor and dry herbs. Scott replyied to me ( I was asking about this issue...) it was cause stabilized t° settings.....it stays hot even when you draw...if I well understood scott.

Did you tried it with concentrates? It's where it shines imo...it handles all sort of concentrates very well but for a good flavor you need to clean your cans every 3-4 sessions.

I hope you will be not disappointed too much cause, on my side, I'm very, very happy with the wand, the top flavor extractor I ever seen!

It's "treating myself" time, now!

lazylathe

Almost there...
@getochkn
Temp 1 gives me a dark brown ABV. First hit is okay and then it gets bad till the end.
Only tried a very loosely loaded can for now.

@Slow Draw McGraw
Tried the other chamber last night, same results as the first chamber.

@mikeben
I am using Haze original batteries. I have the 2600 and 3200 mAH HAZE batteries.
The airway is clean, i spent an hour cleaning every opening until the ISO was clear on the cleaning tip.
So i basically started with an as clean as possible device.

@PPN
Thanks for letting me know this. If this is how it operates then it will have to go.
I think i told you that i do not use concentrates but cannot remember...
So far i rate the Vrip at a 9 and the HAZE as a 1 on a scale to 10...
Hope i can sort this out because it is my worst tasting vaporizer and for it's price point i would not recommend it to anyone i know. This is just MY OPINION and if i can get it right, it will be staying with me.
I think i have a fair grasp on how to use a vape but this one has me stumped...

This is what i have done so far, please point out anything wrong i am doing:
1- Grind using my SCS or GR8TR
2- Loosely load a can, no tamping and a very loose fill. Place metal screen cap on
3- Load can and turn on Haze to TEMP 1, wait for light to go solid
4- Slowly start taking draws until vapor is produced.
5- It starts slow and then just keeps building like crazy and about 6 hits later it is almost burnt tasting
6- Open can and find very dark ABV on TEMP 1 ONLY! Looks like ABV from my Solo at 7...

I have tried with the original HAZE batteries as well as the higher capacity batteries, also HAZE batteries, and no difference. This thing seems to be overheating in my mind.

I am hoping @scottg402 can chime in with some help or suggestions!

Slow Draw McGraw

Company Rep
@getochkn
Temp 1 gives me a dark brown ABV. First hit is okay and then it gets bad till the end.

@Slow Draw McGraw

@mikeben
I am using Haze original batteries. I have the 2600 and 3200 mAH HAZE batteries.
The airway is clean, i spent an hour cleaning every opening until the ISO was clear on the cleaning tip.

@PPN
Thanks for letting me know this. If this is how it operates then it will have to go.
Hope i can sort this out because it is my worst tasting vaporizer and for it's price point i would not recommend it to anyone i know. This is just MY OPINION and if i can get it right, it will be staying with me.

2- Loosely load a can, no tamping and a very loose fill. Place metal screen cap on
5- It starts slow and then just keeps building like crazy and about 6 hits later it is almost burnt tasting
6- Open can and find very dark ABV on TEMP 1 ONLY! Looks like ABV from my Solo at 7...

I have tried with the original HAZE batteries as well as the higher capacity batteries, also HAZE batteries, and no difference. This thing seems to be overheating in my mind.

Definitely reach out to Scott. This does not sound normal.

scottg402

@getochkn

@Slow Draw McGraw

@mikeben

@PPN

Sending you a PM

lazylathe

Almost there...
Sending you a PM

Just for some visual feedback, here is the ABV from my last two sessions, both at TEMP 1.

Starting material on left, 2nd session is the small pile and 3rd is the larger pile on the right.

IMG_2311_zpsvdvkoilj.jpg

thx1138

I just bought a second Haze in Stealth. Its the most satisfying vaporizer I have used (I have 6 different vapes). It brings me back to my youth, being able to chill easily in the manner I did with a small pipe, but w/o the heat, burnt lips, and stinky smell from combustion. Now that I am older, I can't hack (no pun) burning my meds. Sometimes I do double oven sessions, starting on two and ending for a little bit on three in each oven, and my back pain calms down enough so I can get about. This came along at the right time for me.

Just for some visual feedback, here is the ABV from my last two sessions, both at TEMP 1.
@Legalization: The material on the right looks like mine on three if I vape it til the very end.
Starting material on left, 2nd session is the small pile and 3rd is the larger pile on the right.

IMG_2311_zpsvdvkoilj.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
@getochkn

@Slow Draw McGraw

@mikeben

@PPN

Why are you using cans only for herb, try the other screens and you will have better luck in regards to flavor. The cans work well, don't get me wrong but I only use them when I am sandwiching shatter with flower. Try using the conduction screens (my favorite for flower) and if that's not enough flavor move to the convection screens.

rshetts

IMG_2311_zpsvdvkoilj.jpg
Even temp 1 will eventually "brown" your herb but not in just a few hits. Scott should set you straight but it seems like you may have a temperature issue. One thing Ive found ( and it has been discussed in this thread a few times ) a tight pack works much better than a loose pack in the Haze. In fact Ive found packing loosely caused the herb to over cook without producing good vapor, so your packing technique may be a part of the problem. Hopefully you find out what the issue is so you can enjoy your Haze to it full potential.

lazylathe

Almost there...
Thanks for the replies!
I am talking with Scott at the moment and hopefully we can solve this without sending it in...

@mrbonsai420 I will give the convection and conduction screens a try later today.
Will report back!

@rshetts What method do you use for your Haze? Do you pack the cans tightly or the screens?

EDIT:
Just recleaned the whole unit!
Used some 0000 steel wool to clean the oven chambers, they had a dark brown deposit on them that was rock hard. A lot of elbow grease and the ovens look like new again! I am thinking it was these deposits that were causing some performance issues.

Did a dry burn in on both oven at temp 4 and sucked and blew air through to clean and dry the air paths.

Ground up some White Widow X AK-47 and loosely filled a convection screen and dropped it into oven 1, set temp to 1 and waited until the light was solid.

Cautious draws led me to great taste!! Clouds were small but effective! I was sweating during the session!
Flavor lasted quite a while and i actually bumped it up to temp 2 for a bit!
Oven area did not burn my hands this time, only mildly warm.
Session lasted 5:30 and the herb was not toasty brown!
Flavor was going fast so i decided to stop it there.

I am thinking the cans are there for super conduction situations only.
Great for hitting before bed as i spelt like the dead!

Convection screens are the way to go!!

EDIT 2:

Success! Keep everything clean and wonders happen!
Convection screens, Temp 1 and Temp 2
Nice evenly dark, most at temp 1 with a bit at temp 2, no stirring.
Could go more but the flavor was fading fast.

IMG_2312_zps3gcnqx7z.jpg

Last edited:

woolspinner

Did a dry burn in on both oven at temp 4 and sucked and blew air through to clean and dry the air paths.

Sounds like you were drawing on this when doing the dry runs, but just in case...

@scottg402 has said in the past that running the unit dry for too long can damage the ovens as they are designed to be run only with material in them and/or drawing to manually cool the oven.

IDK if this prevents the problem, but when I have cleaned, I will, to avoid wasting flower, use a can with abv to take a few alcohol tainted draws to clear the path of alcohol residue.

Harmoniousliving

Sounds like you were drawing on this when doing the dry runs, but just in case...

@scottg402 has said in the past that running the unit dry for too long can damage the ovens as they are designed to be run only with material in them and/or drawing to manually cool the oven.

IDK if this prevents the problem, but when I have cleaned, I will, to avoid wasting flower, use a can with abv to take a few alcohol tainted draws to clear the path of alcohol residue.
Is there no other way to get rid of that alcohol smell/taste residue ?

Harmoniousliving,

getochkn

I use 99.99% Alcohol and there is never usually a taste afterwards.

Since you got the unit used, it seems it wasn't treated the best.

getochkn,

thx1138

after I clean mine, I leave everything open - mouthpiece door and oven doors (no battery in) to dry for awhile, no alcohol issues from that
I also have put a few dry q tips down the draw tube after I run pipe cleaners with iso
I have never done a dry run on my Haze, airing it out wide open with no battery is very effective (maybe overnight?)

lazylathe

Almost there...
It's all good on this side with the Haze!
She is super clean and functioning as she should!

I have also learned how to handle her to coax her best performance! LOL!

So far my favourite way is to loosely load a convection screen and pop it into an oven.
Turn onto Temp 2 and allow to heat.
As soon as light turns solid start taking fast, long inhales.
I am getting great taste that ;lasts a decent amount of time, great clouds and super effects!

I can now cycle all the way up to temp 4 and just at the end i get a slightly off taste and know the load is done!

Now the real testing and experimenting can get underway!

Thank goodness for spell check! This post looked like a murder scene with all the red wiggly lines!

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Great news! happy you are able to improve the taste/test!

I'm not a cleaning addict, yes, and concentrate use doesn't help at all....but for several vapes I own it doesn't seems to be an issue....my alfa is pretty caked ans taste still very good, as my HA crucible...even my old 2.5 was used a way more than the 3.0 and it tasted good to the last session. There is alot of tiny parts to keep clean with the Haze...a true job for an heavy vaper!

Christmas weather was really bad in France....too hot and too wet!

Vaping international!

Nazz1

I thought you were supposed to use herb that was ground and packed in either the cans or screens.
I now see a lot of people are not grinding or packing the flower.
Which is best?

scottg402

I thought you were supposed to use herb that was ground and packed in either the cans or screens.
I now see a lot of people are not grinding or packing the flower.
Which is best?
There is no best. It's a preference just like the different options for screens/cans/lids.

Best advice I have for everyone is to try it different ways until you find what works best for you. I think our friend @lazylathe is recognizing this as well. :)

Top Bottom