Have Mflb, need another?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mase85

Thanks to all the great advice on this forum, I recently purchased a Mflb, and am very happy with it so far. However, like many, I tend to over-research and become near obsessed with my hobbies. Therefore, I'm already considering buying another vaporizer, probably a Purple Days, possibly a SSV.

My question is, what are the benefits of the vapes above? Are they just easier to use (no battery, etc.), or can you actually get higher on less herb?

Thanks in advance!

mase85,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Hi mase86 and welcome to the forum. :D I can totally understand becoming obsessed with the different vapes out there. I happen to have the same affliction. :lol:

I do not own a PD, but do own several MZ's. The efficiency of the two, according to many on this forum, is very close. I would rate the efficiency of a log vape just higher than the LB, or equal. When you get into an SSV, you are going to probably use more herb, but the hit will usually be bigger. There are some that feel these big hits are a waste of vapor. There are others who feel this is the only way to vape. :) It all comes down to personal preference and what your priorities are in a vape. Do you vape alone or need a group vape? Is efficiency important to you? I would continue to read the threads on the different vapes you are interested in and determine what your personal needs are.

momofthegoons,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
I own the MFLB, PD, MZ and SSV (and more lol). I think there are different vapes for different situations.

I only break out my SSV when I want a big hitter or have friends over. The SSV is a good one for a bong smoker to try but...yeah, not so conservative on the herb.

The PD/MZ's are great for conserving and work well with a smaller group. I would put efficiency on par with the LB as you can stretch your herb with them. The LB can go a little higher temp while the logs with their fixed temp offer me great leftovers to use for cooking, etc.

Now that you're hooked lol...you'll start a collection. I don't regret purchasing any of the above models and have plans to purchase a few other types of vapes as well. They all have their place and time in my opinion.

Good luck!

Lo,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Now that you're hooked lol...you'll start a collection. I don't regret purchasing any of the above models and have plans to purchase a few other types of vapes as well. They all have their place and time in my opinion.

+1 Perfectly put, as usual Lo.

momofthegoons,

LivingInSpin

Well, some vapes are better for different forms of material.

Or, simply for the reason that you are obsessed with a hobby and want to have fun with it. That's good enough reason.

LivingInSpin,

weedemon

enthusiast
welcome to the forum man! and i am in the same boat as you! the mflb is what made me a 100% vape only user now. I think you will really like the attitude and intelligence that this forum has compared to other stoner type forums.

Don't forget the is a Power Adapter coming out (or you can buy beta now) and this will incread the mflb to higher temps allowing you to get more out of your trenches.

I strongly suggest you read both of the massive threads on those 2 vapes and you will gain a lot of info and tips from other users.

for me it was the fact that the flavour of my herbs in the mflb was so much more amazing that i was used to in my volcano. I had the cano for over a year and while i like it, i was disappointed in the way it took the flavour out of my experience.

I have an ssv in the mail(maybe this week! :o) and a pd on order :brow: . different vapes for different situations.

ssv for big tasty tokes and hash (because of the turned down stem on the ssv it makes it pretty good for this. (check out tokinGLX on youtube and see what he has to say about hash in the ssv)

The PD is also very tasty, but because it only takes 0.025g in a bowl you waste a lot less vapor in your hits, and i understand it is still very tasty because you are able to extract thick concentrated tokes off the straws. ("hit it like a thick milkshake" they say) this is the one i imagine becoming my daily driver and then the mflb will take the backseat and be reserved for away games :D

atm i use the mflb first than re vape the abv though the volcano for another solid bag. then off to the pile for cooking someday.

On a side note regarding the SSV, Do you think you are gonna water filter the hits? If so then I would suggest you Look into the VapeXhale Cloud. you can't actually get it quite yet (but really soon you will), but now in retrospect i kinda wish i saved my cash on the ssv to spend on the VXC instead. (I don't think we can do concentrates though it, but for water filtration OMG... it looks amazing.) I'm gonna buy the VXC too, now but maybe i will sell either the cano or the ssv later on.

sorry for the novel, i'll stop now :D

Welcome again and enjoy this awesome board.

weedemon,
To put things in really presumptuous and over simplified terms, as I see them:

If you're a lower tolerance user and don't have that "I need bigger vapor" itch, then you don't need another unit. Most people on this forum and in the world I think need relatively little dosage, and a vape like the MFLB might serve them admirably for the rest of their vaping careers. If you are getting that feeling though, consider a DBV, LSV, MW, HA, ExtremeQ, etc., by all means. If you have glass pieces at your disposal already you can get a heavy-hitting GonG based vape for well under 50 dollars, such as the glass vapobowl or vapocane.

The only thing the log vapes truly excel at is making the most of the least by stretching out your supply. If you aren't getting that "I'm spending too much money on this shit" vibe, then their long heat up time, tiny bowls and very high expense make them unnecessary for you; the MFLB is quite efficient in my experience anyway.

charliedontsurf,

Nycdeisel

Different KINDS of vaporizers are so different and cant be compared very much at all IMO!

they each serve their own purpose. I have my MFLB for the occasional stealth/on the go usage, PD for every day use(soon getting a Zap as a backup/extra as well), and a DBV which was my heavy hitter but to be replaced with something that doesnt have plastic tubing or anything.

Nycdeisel,

mase85

Thank you all for your thoughtful posts. Also, thank you to the mod who moved this topic to the correct forum; sorry about that!

Charlie: You make an excellent point. Sometimes I think I convince myself I "need" a new toy, just because I want one.

Weedemon: I had forgotten about the power adapter. That's certainly another option. Thanks!

Sorry if this post has typos and / or doesn't make sense. I've been using my MLFB. :D

mase85,

rabblerouser

Combustion Fucker
how happy are you with the MFLB? If very happy with the (in my mind) smaller hits and arguably high efficiency. Then you either might not want anything new, or want to look at something like the log vapes. But yeah, power adapter may change that equation.

If you're looking for bigger hits and to use larger glass pieces with your vaporizer I might look at Da Buddha to start, although plenty of others out there.

Or to handle groups of people better I like the bag vaporizers, especially like that the herbalAire has no particularly breakable parts and can't even overcook too badly, let alone combust.

rabblerouser,
mase85 said:
Thanks to all the great advice on this forum, I recently purchased a Mflb, and am very happy with it so far. However, like many, I tend to over-research and become near obsessed with my hobbies. Therefore, I'm already considering buying another vaporizer, probably a Purple Days, possibly a SSV.

My question is, what are the benefits of the vapes above? Are they just easier to use (no battery, etc.), or can you actually get higher on less herb?

Thanks in advance!

Welcome aboard.
Yeah I know the feeling.
I've been gathering info on this forum, WAY too much!
It's amazing how many hours/days/weeks :lol: you can spend here.
Like you, I got my vaping experience off the ground with the MFLB.
However, this unit will not go to waste as the MFLB (for me) is the perfect portable vaporizer.

And then... Yes, (for home use) I realized I "needed" a Purple Days unit and ordered it last week.
I think that should do it for me. No parties going on here :/
In any event, good luck with vapor. It's a great way to go. And you're in the right place to learn all about it.
:2c:

GuidedByVapors,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom