Hash pipe

Raskolnikov

Oh man those are beautiful. Love the sherlock bubblers too. Bookmarked for use in future. The ocean storm hash hammers are just beautiful. Not bad price too.

Also, I just learned that glass butt plugs exist with pink and white candy swirl bases. Im sure that will make the ol chocolate starfish look soooooooo cute when inserted.

Last edited:

the_hexx

Team Hash
The Chameleon Glass pipes look very intriguing, I reached out to the excellent RVS customer service asking how they would compare to the gold standard of hash vaporisation, which clearly is the Vapman, and if they have a favorite between the two. Here’s what Matt came back with, his reply might help all the hash connoisseurs following this thread.

‘Thanks for your email. These are quite different from the vapman as they are completely manual and conduction based so provide a slightly different vapor profile and more fine control over the amount of vapor you inhale, being that you can apply the heater directly to the material as required. When the hot stick is heated correctly they provide very accurate flavour and a nicely customisable experience, without the need to inhale the contents in one fell swoop which is how most people seem to use the vapman. They also have quite a bit more capacity so can be loaded up with more, then vaporized as desired by re-heating and applying the hot stick to the contents. They can also be used as a single hit extractor by continually applying the hot stick to the contents, after it's been heated, and inhaling continuously. With a little practice they are highly effective but it's difficult to directly compare the two as their function and input is so different! Both do an excellent job when used correctly.

Personally I prefer the Gandalf, they both function exactly the same in terms of user input, but the gandalf has a longer stem which provides more cooling of the vapor. Some people prefer the hotter vapor especially when transferring over from smoking, however I suspect if you are using the vapman already and are used to vaporization through glassware, the Gandalf may be more up your street.’

Raskolnikov

I'm loving the look of those hash hammers!
Gorgeous aren't they? I prefer plain glass but would definitely make an exception for the Ocean storm version. A few of the Sherlock bubblers too.

Got the store bookmarked as tbh I've went a bit mad with buying devices and glass since joining here. Still loving it though. I honestly had no idea the actual amount of devices that are out there.

So glad I joined here as my lightning pen, TM2, Yocan torch and Screwball have all been since joining here and all been from research on here and I am very happy with them. I'm going to need a glass cabinet soon though as I've commandeered a kitchen cupboard for all my glass. Just bought the mega globe there too till my FC 199 comes. I'm definitely getting a few from the SamL store.

Radwin Bodnic

@olysh @Ramahs @FlyingLow

The quasar is actually sold for shisha use. I mean with shisha tobacco, which has a wet honey consistency and is a lot denser than the material we use. You load it full and you are ready for a 2h session. It is not advertised for vaporizing resin / flower, but if you want to do so you'd have to do like a traditional shisha : tobacco + resin on top.

Edit : sorry I'm slightly off topic

Raskolnikov

The Chameleon Glass pipes look very intriguing, I reached out to the excellent RVS customer service asking how they would compare to the gold standard of hash vaporisation, which clearly is the Vapman, and if they have a favorite between the two. Here’s what Matt came back with, his reply might help all the hash connoisseurs following this thread.

‘Thanks for your email. These are quite different from the vapman as they are completely manual and conduction based so provide a slightly different vapor profile and more fine control over the amount of vapor you inhale, being that you can apply the heater directly to the material as required. When the hot stick is heated correctly they provide very accurate flavour and a nicely customisable experience, without the need to inhale the contents in one fell swoop which is how most people seem to use the vapman. They also have quite a bit more capacity so can be loaded up with more, then vaporized as desired by re-heating and applying the hot stick to the contents. They can also be used as a single hit extractor by continually applying the hot stick to the contents, after it's been heated, and inhaling continuously. With a little practice they are highly effective but it's difficult to directly compare the two as their function and input is so different! Both do an excellent job when used correctly.

Personally I prefer the Gandalf, they both function exactly the same in terms of user input, but the gandalf has a longer stem which provides more cooling of the vapor. Some people prefer the hotter vapor especially when transferring over from smoking, however I suspect if you are using the vapman already and are used to vaporization through glassware, the Gandalf may be more up your street.’
That sounds good from Matt. I love RVS and always use them if they stock what I want.

Apologies for the double post. Made an arse of the edit. Or as we say up here in gods country. I hibsed it.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
14mm bowl ftw tho. Hot hash hits love big bongs

I used to use the “slide” style bowls, but I believe my model had 3 small holes for the hash vapor to follow.
My “illadelph” bowl was probably $60 long ago, not the $80 you see below. Glass wands would break eventually.

coolbreeze

I used to use the “slide” style bowls, but I believe my model had 3 small holes for the hash vapor to follow.
My “illadelph” bowl was probably $60 long ago, not the $80 you see below. Glass wands would break eventually.

I just ordered one from Chameleon ($40) to try out on my little rigs.

davesmith

Glass Blower

Yes i meant with a 3 hole hash bowl!

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Kinda funny story looking back.
Had a coworker come over, he was a heavy duty joint smoker.
He had never tried the glass hash way.

Unfortunately, i neglected to tell him, that you don’t HOLD the vapor for as long as possible, like a joint!

He hit it good and hard, then held it in….. then almost died coughing. I was immediately concerned he might die in my place. Oh well…. :)

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
@olysh @Ramahs @FlyingLow

The quasar is actually sold for shisha use. I mean with shisha tobacco, which has a wet honey consistency and is a lot denser than the material we use. You load it full and you are ready for a 2h session. It is not advertised for vaporizing resin / flower, but if you want to do so you'd have to do like a traditional shisha : tobacco + resin on top.

Edit : sorry I'm slightly off topic
FUCK THAT! You can use it with shisha, that does not mean you should. You can roll a joint with tobacco, that does not mean you should...

It is built for hash!

Radwin Bodnic

FUCK THAT! You can use it with shisha, that does not mean you should. You can roll a joint with tobacco, that does not mean you should...

It is built for hash!
Yeah of course. What I ment is that the bowl capacity stated on the website is for shisha tobbaco. No way someone is putting 28g of weed / hash inside of it.
28g of shisha tobacco has the same volume of maybe 2-3g of ground weed.

I'm just saying the bowl capacity stated on the website is irrelevant for our uses.

Raskolnikov

I received my Chameleon glass Briars pipe yesterday from my fellow combustion fucker. If you are into bubble or make it then you want one of these.
Uses very small amounts and produces lovely vapour. It's like dabbing, there is a learning curve but when you get it right it's amazing.
Mainly been vaping GMO full melt and it works great. I even done in the last of my piatella. Taste is just a different level altogether. You can taste both the GSC and Chemdawg parents of thie GMO and the Zkittles Piatella was something else,
If you are in to bubble hash or your top tier ice hashes and the like I would Reccomended you get one.

I also received a 14mm joint fritted concentrate bowl in the package. Works in the same way as the pipe but it's like a banger with a little cup inside and the holes for the vapour are at the top like the pipe. I don't have a male joint bubbler so have not tried it yet. Anyone ever tried concentrates this way? I'm going to try get a female to male adaptor today when in the City centre so I can give it a go

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
28g of shisha tobacco has the same volume of maybe 2-3g of ground weed.

I'm just saying the bowl capacity stated on the website is irrelevant for our uses.

Okay. That sounds much more reasonable. I didn't realize that they were talking about shisha.
I used to live a block away from a handful of hookah bars.

coolbreeze

I just ordered one from Chameleon ($40) to try out on my little rigs.
IMG-5115.jpg

coolbreeze

Wow The Moroccan hash pipe bowl goes well with the superb hammer.

Do you think you could do some feedback, however short, with this little device ?
Truth be told I need to play with it some more, I think. It was a bit whispy and I didn't realize most of the vapor is produced as you lift the hot wand out of the hash The holes are small but as far as i could tell the bowl worked well based on how much vapor floated off when my pull was interrupted. I did get high off a tiny bit of hash.

I will need to figure out timings and temps, etc, as well, but it seems like the bowl seems plenty up to drawing off the vapor.

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
My gandalf came in. I don't like the stickers on the pipe, but I can easily remove those.

My feelings are very similar to @coolbreeze above. I also didn't expect the vapour to be produced as you lift the stick. The bowl cleans up nicely but it's easy to get some residue on the holes. The stick took a bit more effort to clean. It was fun, and kinda reminiscent of hot knives, I need more practice. The gandalf seems to cool well too. I'm gonna try with some rosin too I think.

Photonic

Lesser-Known Lurker
My gandalf came in. I don't like the stickers on the pipe, but I can easily remove those.

My feelings are very similar to @coolbreeze above. I also didn't expect the vapour to be produced as you lift the stick. The bowl cleans up nicely but it's easy to get some residue on the holes. The stick took a bit more effort to clean. It was fun, and kinda reminiscent of hot knives, I need more practice. The gandalf seems to cool well too. I'm gonna try with some rosin too I think.
I'm thinking of grabbing a Gandalf or Gandalf Bubbler hash pipe. Do you have any photos of yours? Thanks!

Top Bottom