Hash pipe

Raskolnikov

Anyone tried one of these? RVS in the UK has started stocking them and they sound great but so do a lot of shite devices. Any reports welcome.
Thanks in advance.

Raskolnikov

Looks Like its meant for combusting?
I can't link the RVS listing as my iPad is temperamental. In that it says the heat from the glass stick when pushed into the hash vaporises it.
I assume that Reccomended Vape Supplies sells Vape gear not smoking.

A kind member has asked if I would like their one as they don't like it so will find out soon enough.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I've wondered about these as well. I believe they are old-school for vaporizing old-school hash.
I doubt that they would be more efficient than modern methods like a heated banger with a carb cap for modern cleaner hash like rosin...but I've still been curious to try one.

Raskolnikov

I've wondered about these as well. I believe they are old-school for vaporizing old-school hash.
I doubt that they would be more efficient than modern methods like a heated banger with a carb cap for modern cleaner hash like rosin...but I've still been curious to try one.
I think they will be good for bubble and traditional hash as thats what its apparently designed for. Find out soon enough.

Edit.
Review from chameleon glass site.
I’m a thirty year cannabis user and one year grower. Got today and tried it a few times so far with my own homemade full melt bubble hash. Has very much a rosin sort of flavor and can taste terpenes more so than as with a normal glass bowl. Works excellent and hits easily. I prefer hashish though am anxious to try other dab forms such as shatter or butter in it as I see no reason why such materials wouldn’t work also. Overall, completely satisfied and totally happy with purchase. It arrived in two days from across the country and I’ve been quite gassed since it’s arrival lol. Whoever designed it must be a genius and I thank them very much since this piece is something I’ve been needing but never could’ve thought up or created myself. It’s lighter on the throat and lungs than other kinds of rigs or pens I’ve tried and it just became my personal favorite! Thanks so much for your work and I look forward to whenever I purchase something new from Chameleon Glass!!!

Last edited:

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
They are old School as Ramahs said, they are awesome.
Frenchie would definitely approve!

If you are not going all in with quasar, these are hugely popular and work awesome with the holes on the rim of the bowl instead of the bottom. You are going to love it!.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
I think they will be good for bubble and traditional hash as thats what its apparently designed for.

That’s EXACTLY what it’s for. I still have all my old glass stuff, but moved on from bubble hash long ago, because I moved to concentrates, and haven’t seen BUBBLE hash readily available. Of course many make their own with the hash “bags”, assuming you have the flower….

olysh pops

Quasar Bowl capacity is 0.7oz/18g (Short session) - 1oz/26 g (Long session), says Quasar website.

Glenn's Briar GP bowl seems smaller capacity, maybe 0.07-0.1 oz/2-3 g. Can this pipe be used with a lighter, like the Lotus ?

Available in three colors in addition to the clear and great for vaporizing hash, this pipe is a real eye-catcher.

Last edited:
olysh pops,

Raskolnikov

Quasar Bowl capacity is 0.7oz/18g (Short session) - 1oz/26 g (Long session), says Quasar website.

Glenn's Briar GP bowl seems smaller capacity, maybe 0.07-0.1 oz/2-3 g. Can this pipe be used with a lighter, like the Lotus ?

Available in three colors in addition to the clear and great for vaporizing hash, this pipe is a real eye-catcher.
Says on RVS it can be used with a bic lighter, just take longer to heat the stick.

Soon as I seen it pop up on new arrivals was an eye catcher for me too as I still love my hash and have been actively looking for a vaporizer for hash.

There is also one you can add water to a little bubbler in the neck.

Ramahs

Quasar?
Over a half ounce of flower at minimum?!? WTF?!?
This sounds like the most wasteful thing ever!

What am I missing :shrug:

It’s a beautiful piece, but I guess I’m still a bit confused as to the methodology. It looks to me like just a different way of using a nail and dome? I’m guessing the vapor will be whispy.

You put the hash in the bottom of the bowl, then heat the bulbous round end of the glass rod, then set it down on top of the hash in the bowl to vaporize it.

Last edited:

olysh pops

Quasar?
Over a half ounce of flower at minimum?!? WTF?!?
This sounds like the most wasteful thing ever!

What am I missing :shrug:

The quasar is inspired by shisha/hookah and is also used in groups ?
quasar.jpeg

Shisha bar
Shisha-Bar-scaled.jpeg

GBGP may be better suited to individual or couple needs.

Last edited:

Ramahs

The quasar is inspired by shisha/hookah and is also used in groups ?
quasar.jpeg

Shisha bar
Shisha-Bar-scaled.jpeg

GBGP may be better suited to individual or couple needs.

Still a giant waste.You can get a group high with FAR less flower than that. It should only take like 3-5 grams, NOT 20 for fuck's sake! I mean, even combusting is more efficient than that! This Quasar HAS to be the least efficient vaporizer in the history of vaporizers with the amount it requires/wastes!

If it's less efficient than combusting, then what's the point?!?

---------------------------------------

Anyways, in other news...here's an example of a hash pipe like this being used:

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Quasar is certainly for the processor/ hash maker/ grower due to the capacity, but the design concept and function is just a modernization of traditional methods of consumption. Perhaps that is why Frenchie loved them so.

olysh pops

GBGP is free shipping to EU, wow ! Ordered !

Edit : pipe shape is a bit nicer on RVK in my opinion

Last edited:
olysh pops,
Reactions: the_hexx

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
You put the hash in the bottom of the bowl, then heat the bulbous round end of the glass rod, then set it down on top of the hash in the bowl to vaporize it.

I see what my confusion has been, I was thinking of full melt and why wouldn’t we be using a better process. But this is for lower grades of hash where the alternative would be more along the lines of a Vapman? Starting to see the appeal!

davesmith

Glass Blower
They are old School as Ramahs said, they are awesome.
Frenchie would definitely approve!

If you are not going all in with quasar, these are hugely popular and work awesome with the holes on the rim of the bowl instead of the bottom. You are going to love it!.

Yea this techs older than me! Love a hash pipe, recently ive been using a simrell warhead in a simmilar manner with good results (i only use hash this way tho not bho or rosin)

Basically a hot knife.

Raskolnikov

I absolutely loved hot knives as a young man so I had to jump on this too, plus I needed a couple of quartz rods for other reasons so I've got a gandalf incoming!

Thanks for the heads up @Raskolnikov, looking forward to trying it with the (low quality) bubble I've just made.
Was a hot knife lover myself. Ive got some nice hashes im dying to try in it.
Lots of top quality hashes coming to UK now. There was a bit of a crackdown on farms in the Rif a few years ago but its flooding in now.
Ive got some beautiful full melt bubble waiting patiently.u

Edit.
YouTube video
j

Feck that looks good.

Last edited:
Top Bottom