Got to bid adieu guys............

2clicker

Observer
pakalolo said:
charliedontsurf said:
Admins need to vape a load and relax, clearly.

I strongly disagree with this.

really?

my post in this thread from yesterday has completely vanished

no warning just gone

and even though it was just a pic... a pic says a million words

2clicker,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
lwien's posts were unique, never boring, and I found them informative. He feels strongly about a lot of things and voices his opinion. I hope he lurks.

lwien; if I manage to drive the motorhome to California next year, GF/I would love to share beer, burritos and/or bud with ya.

Take care

Tom

tdavie,

lwien

pakalolo said:
charliedontsurf said:
Admins need to vape a load and relax, clearly.

I strongly disagree with this. The people who should have vaped a load and chilled were lwien and Hazydayz.

lwien wrote a suicide note here. He knew what he did was out of line, but he did it anyway. Clearly he felt so strongly about his fight with Hazydayz he felt it was worth getting banned. If you had seen the thread (deleted now I think) you'd have seen he engaged in a serious personal attack. That's strictly against the rules, so he was banned and rightly so.

Just wanted to drop by and say that paka is absolutely right. What I did was totally against the rules and the ban was 100% deserved. The mods here have a tough job in keeping everyone in line so the site runs smoothly, and they do it for free. No qualms from me over this. I was given more leniency over the years than I really deserved, and my latest outburst pushed that leniency over the edge and tipped the scales into the ban area.

I put the mods in an uncomfortable position, and for that I apologize.

Anyway, enough of that. I'll lurk and post up every once in awhile, but I'm not going to be as active as much as I have in the past. Like I said, I need to take a bit of a break for a bit.

Just wanted to drop by to say thank you all for the kind words and emails. Much..........much appreciated.

lwien,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Lwien, chill out. I'm a fellow Arcadian, and I think you just need a little Taco Lita in your system. I'll even buy, ok?

Go Apaches!

Stu,

lwien

Stu said:
Lwien, chill out. I'm a fellow Arcadian, and I think you just need a little Taco Lita in your system. I'll even buy, ok?

Go Apaches!

lol. We lost to Norwalk in the CIF opener. Bummer. They sure did a nice job on the new bleachers though. They actually have a real coaches/press box now. It's got to be one of the nicest high school football fields in SoCal.

Taco Lita !!! Used to go to Peppers a lot when they were on Huntington just west of Santa Anita. Ummm........Mexican food. Margaritas. NOW I'm hungry.............and thirsty. ;)

Oops, I'm not here. Forgot.

lwien,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Hahaha.. I know the owner of Peppers. I grew up across the street from her. I love their combos.

Just ate there last week.

So whaddya say? Vape a stem and meet me at the drinker's hall of fame for a cold one and forget all that hazydayz shit.

Deal?

Stu,

crawdad

floatin
lwien said:
I put the mods in an uncomfortable position, and for that I apologize.

Anyway, enough of that. I'll lurk and post up every once in awhile, but I'm not going to be as active as much as I have in the past. Like I said, I need to take a bit of a break for a bit.

Just wanted to drop by to say thank you all for the kind words and emails. Much..........much appreciated.

cool, sounds like you made a good decision. welcome back. :peace:

crawdad,

lwien

Stu said:
Hahaha.. I know the owner of Peppers. I grew up across the street from her. I love their combos.

Kelly. I used to go there about twice a week when her parents owned it and she worked as a hostess. Loooong time ago.

btw, Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

lwien,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Happy Thanksgiving to you too lwien....and of course, everyone else! :D

and welcome back.

momofthegoons,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
lwien said:
Stu said:

Kelly. I used to go there about twice a week when her parents owned it and she worked as a hostess. Loooong time ago.

btw, Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Yup, That would be Kelly.

Happy Thanksgiving to you, too!

Stu,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Just to clear up some misconceptions about what I originally said, I'd like to make it clear that I did not intend to be judgmental. I was not taking sides (although it would be easy to pick one in this case) I was simply saying that the moderators handled it according to the rules, and I couldn't see that there was any choice in the matter.

I welcome lwien back and I admire his maturity in accepting his fate and apologizing, although I expected no less.

I do wish that FC distinguished between Suspended and Banned, although that might be a limitation of the software.

mod note: The software is indeed limited, and you can't tell from 'banned' whether it's a 3 day ban or a permanent one. Speaking for staff, we also welcome lwien back. :peace:

pakalolo,

OO

Technical Skeptical
pakalolo said:
I do wish that FC distinguished between Suspended and Banned, although that might be a limitation of the software.
only self imposed.

i've been a member of video game related forums that used the same base as this one.

it had a side-game system to the forum and was pretty badass.

so if the admins wanted to commit the time, there's no limit to what they could add.

OO,

OC513

Dabaholic
welcome back lwien and Happy Thanksgiving.....you were missed in your brief absence.

OC513,
Top Bottom