Good temperature in elbow or bowl /Arizer Q

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zhash

Hi,

I'm new user of Arizer.
I read the post about it, but there are many pages, and more i read more information i found.
but i would know , the general practice.

I read that packing the elbow is better than the bowl.
i let during 10mn at 200 /230 C
And with herbs during 5 minutes in 200C and at 180 after.

But sometimes is better in bowl (more vapes,more high )
But if we use the same temperatures in the bowl or in elbow , the distance is not the same and the heat on the herbs change ?

Can i put higher temperature when i use a elbow ?

I stop to smoke cigarette since few month ( due of pneumothorax ) i use arizer for this / but is not the same effect.

thanks for your answers.

Zhash,

Zhash

yes, upgrade by 5 , from 180 ? ( in elbow )

my herbs is not brown, just a dark yellow ( and sometime, i had a little effect ) (so far away that i know )

Zhash,

Theo

Read the thread! Everything you ask is answered in there someplace.

Yes, an elbow pack has the herb further away from the heating source so it will be a bit lower of a temp on the herb itself than if it was in the cyclone bowl. I usually do 190-230 depending. 190-220 for cyclone bowl, 200-230 for elbow pack generally.

Theo,

Zhash

Yeah,

you tell me 200/230 for elbow. but the evaporation temperature is 190/200 C
And i don't want have a combustion / because i had a pneumothorax

Zhash,

fidget

Zhash said:
Yeah,

you tell me 200/230 for elbow. but the evaporation temperature is 190/200 C
And i don't want have a combustion / because i had a pneumothorax

You won't get combustion even if you crank your Q to the max 260.
I'd spend the (considerable) time to read all the Q thread and the associated threads.

fidget,

Zhash

I read this post, but everywhere, they talk about 180/190C for a good effect.
I read too that the temperature of vaporisation is 190 / and more is not good for health.

But you say me in 260 there are no probelem even we crank Q to the max 260.
what is the good choice ? / for have a good effect and no probleme with my lungs

thanks

Zhash,

Theo

You can turn the EQ up to 260* and it won't combust. That's one of the things that makes the EQ so awesome, I don't think it is possible to combust (unless you drop herb onto the heating element directly). I wouldn't suggest turning it up that high.

Elbow:
I start at 200, hit it until I don't get any hits left, turn it up to 220/230(whatever I feel like) and stir, then hit until it's gone.

Cyclone:
I start at 190, hit it until I don't get any hits left, turn it up to 220/230(whatever I feel like) and stir, then hit until it's gone.

Different effects are released at different temperatures. The higher you turn your vape up the more it may irritate your throat but it won't be anything major other than just discomfort while hitting.

Once again, you should READ THROUGH THE EQ THREAD!!!! It will answer every question you have.

Theo,

Zhash

I read it ! ;) (i'm at page 40 )

but even in reading thread, i'd don't understand that.
If i put on 230 / it's not the real temperature ?

we can read that vaporise at 185/190 > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaporizer
why is not doing at this (indicate on screen) temperature with Q

Zhash,

Theo

The display shows you the temperature of the heating element itself, not the temperature of the cyclone bowl/elbow. When it says 200, the heating element might be at 200 but where the herb is it probably isn't exactly that. Thats why people say to leave on the unit for ~10min so the glass parts and the air can heat up.

Theo,

finchrock24

Proud MMJ Patient
If you want good hits and aren't worried about efficiency as much...pack the elbow like you have been doing and start at 220* C. There will be NO combustion but lots of thick vapor. See how you like that...if you still feel you want 'more' out of your hits then go up to 240* C. I pretty much leave my EQ at 240* regardless of what I'm doing...and I pretty much only elbow pack and I get what I think are pretty nice clouds. Very satisfying.

finchrock24,

Zhash

Hi,

ok thks.
We can read when you close to the vaporisation temperature (200 ) they are some bad particules who begin to appear.
I would understand , when fan is running the heat is less than they are no fan ?
if i put to 200C , heat that passes through herbs is is around 180 ?

Thanks for you comments

Zhash,

finchrock24

Proud MMJ Patient
Yes, you have the right idea about the heat.

The temperature that you see on the display is what the heating element is set to...the air that actually passes over your herbs is a little bit cooler then what the numbers say. Running the fan would probably bring the temp down a little bit more as well, but i have no way of telling you by how much.

What temps have you tried, and are you getting satisfying affects? If you pack the elbow, any temp from 200-230 should start producing some good vapor. Will the herb vaporize in lower temperatures? yes, probably...but the vapor will be thinner and I personally think the experience is more enjoyed in the 200-230 range.

finchrock24,

Zhash

I try between 180/195 but i don't have the vapor at everytime ( with differents herbs )
I thinks 200/210 is a good temperature but when you read the Thread about the 'Q' many people talk about 170/190C ( that's why i re-open this new thread.)

I found this online :
When heating plant extracts at a temperature close to the vaporization temperature, pyrolytic degradation products appear irritating. These can be harmful. It is advisable to heat the excerpts below that temperature.

As I said above i use Arizer after a pneumothorax, and don't want to have a probleme with bad product / irritation / or combustion.

thanks for your helps

Zhash,

finchrock24

Proud MMJ Patient
If you are not getting good vapor at 180/195, you need to raise the temperature. You CAN NOT combust with the Extreme using it as recommended. I really don't know how to explain it any differently other then you need more heat. Remember, just beacsue the screen says 220 or 210, that doesn't not mean that is the actual temperature of the air...just use those numbers as a 'reference point'.

You keep asking the same questions and I keep giving the same advice. Have you tried the Q with the temperature set to 210? If not...try and let us know. If you have, please explain your experience so we can help.

finchrock24,

Theo

Zhash, every EQ can be slightly different from the last, and everyone has a different preference. What people say on here, including me, is all personal preference for what we enjoy. You find what is right for you and what you enjoy the most. The EQ will not combust your herb unless you drop the herb directly onto the heating element. Vapor can be irritating to the throat, more so for some people than others, so, once again, figure out what works best for you.

Theo,

finchrock24

Proud MMJ Patient
Theo said:
Zhash, every EQ can be slightly different from the last, and everyone has a different preference. What people say on here, including me, is all personal preference for what we enjoy. You find what is right for you and what you enjoy the most. The EQ will not combust your herb unless you drop the herb directly onto the heating element. Vapor can be irritating to the throat, more so for some people than others, so, once again, figure out what works best for you.

Yeah, this is important to remember. I keep my Q at 240...some would argue thats WAY to high...but for my desired affects, my unit, and the way it is setup...240 is absolutely perfect for me. Others really like the way the vapor flows at 200. Every unit is different, every person is different, every herb is different. Don't be afraid to experiment with temperature.

finchrock24,

Zhash

Alright.

thanks for your answers.

How many times have you need to blow up the bag in full ?

thanks

Zhash,

Zhash

hi,

I've read on Arizer Topics, that many user use it debtween 190 to 230 C.

I would know if it's dangerous for health to use at this temp. ?
(we can read that benzene begin at 210 C )

Even we don't have combustion we have some bad particules above this temp.

Thanks for your answers

Zhash,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
Elbow pack temps (imho):
-you need to let it preheat with fan on (about 3 mins) to get these effects.
-also it's observed with my new EQ (max temp 260)
180 - not irritating, slowly vaporizes, 4 bags, weed changes to yellow
190 - vaporizes faster, still not irritating, 3 bags, weed changes to light brown
200 - Here i think is the point, where it vaporizes the fastest with no irritation. 2 bags, weed changes to brown
210 - Little irritating, 2 bags, weed changes to brown
220 - Irritating, can do only 1 bag, changes to dark brown (only at center)
230 - At this temperature my weed changed to black after 2 bags

Seek,

max

Out to lunch
You start to get toxins above 185 C, but they're not gonna accumulate in your body like lead, and it's quite possible that you breathe in more toxins just walking down a city street. There are also useful cannabis compounds released above 185 C. So vaping at higher temps is a trade off and each person has to decide what temp they want to use. A lot of medical users seeking pain relief are going to use the high temp range. Even at near combustion, vapor is still a lot more healthy than smoke.

As for the Extreme display, the temp sensor has been moved at least twice since the first version came out. Another helpful 'how to use' document if you haven't seen it yet.

http://www.vaporpedia.com/wiki/How_To_Use_The_Extreme_Vaporizer

max,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Zhash said:
hi,

I've read on Arizer Topics, that many user use it debtween 190 to 230 C.

I would know if it's dangerous for health to use at this temp. ?
(we can read that benzene begin at 210 C )

Even we don't have combustion we have some bad particules above this temp.

Thanks for your answers

First, I have never found another source for the claim of benzene production at 200 C except for that single California NORML study. As always I would be grateful if anyone could point me to another reliable source that backs this one up.

Second, the temperature displayed on your Q is the heater temperature not the temperature of the vaporized material. The actual vaporizing temperature is lower by at least 20 degrees C and perhaps as much as 50.

pakalolo,

Zhash

I don' t have another source, but i read this everytime.

so I can spray to 230 (on screen) which is equivalent to 200 C real?

Even if you spray on top? no risk of other harmful substances?

Thanks

Zhash,

max

Out to lunch
pakalolo said:
First, I have never found another source for the claim of benzene production at 200 C except for that single California NORML study. As always I would be grateful if anyone could point me to another reliable source that backs this one up.
I don't remember seeing another study that comments on toxins and release points. And recent studies (in the last 8-10 yrs) are almost nil. They've made legal herb for research impossible to get.

Second, the temperature displayed on your Q is the heater temperature not the temperature of the vaporized material.
That's version 1. It was moved closer to the bowl in version 2 and closer again for version 3. I think it stayed put for the Q version, but I lost track so I'm not sure. Also lost track of exactly how close to the bowl the sensor ended up. I do remember Magic Flight mentioning in the LB thread that they tested the E (later version) and found that the display temp was not accurate. True vaping temps, vs. display temps, is a subject that's going to continue to be somewhat of a mystery until there's an independent (and reputable) organization doing the testing, and even then, it'll be hard to nail down temps on passive direct draw units, since most are affected by the draw speed of the individual user.

max,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom