Good flash games

cluffy

Vaker
I'm a casual gamer. I don't have any console games, I mostly play flash games on my pc. There are hundreds of great ones out there, with new ones out almost every day. Plus they're free! Today I've been playing this frustrating platformer and I haven't finished it after who knows how many tries. flee-buster

Does anyone have more games to add?

cluffy,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
I LOVE games like this, but this mother is hard! Part of the problem is that they keep changing up the damn screen! The problem is I get so spastic after a while I feel like throwing my laptop across the room.

I'm sorry I can't add much to this. Most of the games I play are on bigfishgames.com. They don't have that many that are cursor games, but have some mind puzzles that are pretty good. The games where you have to escape rooms. The most recent one I played of those was DaVinci Mystery.

momofthegoons,

cluffy

Vaker
I've gotten to the part where the little man has to ride a horizontally moving platform and jump over spikes. That may be the dealbreaker and I'll give up. I'm a glutton for punishment though, so I'll persevere a while.

I like http://jayisgames.com/ because there is a good description/review of each game. If you click the 'Tags' button on the home page you can find whatever genre you like.

Here's a much nicer game for you momofthegoons: gluey2. It's on one of my other sites for flash and there is a gluey1 that isn't as exciting...

CHEERS!

cluffy,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Thanks for all the suggestions!

And cluffy, I've just decided that I HATE that game and I haven't even gotten to that level yet! :lol: My problem is that every time they switch back to a scene from before, I'm pressing a cursor in the wrong direction. I cannot for the life of me get the timing of the changes down. I'll try some of these other games before I go back to this one.

momofthegoons,

cluffy

Vaker
Yeah pakalolo, elephant quest rocked. I'm playing hollow

now, another hard platformer.You'll like it better momofthegoons because it saves your progress, but it's almost as frustrating.

cluffy,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
I play often quake 3 .. There is a browser version.. also and can make multiplayer via most social networks i think..

Abysmal Vapor,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
I spent an inordinate amount of time on a couple of the above games yesterday since I was still sick and could "justify" the down time. But man, some of these are very frustrating. I had a hell of a time with Elephant Quest. How the hell do you kill any of the "enemies?" I tried shooting them but they just swarmed me and killed me every time.

Moved on to "Don't Touch My Gems" which is pretty good. I prefer the cursor games though. They're more like the old Nintendo games that I adored. Once things got 3D, I couldn't play them anymore. They give me motion sickness, which is such a drag since the games have come such a long way since the originals.

momofthegoons,

cluffy

Vaker
I'd forgotten about this one: only one level

Played it through twice, got 8:03:57.5 and 41 deaths on 2nd try. Some frustrating stages in there but nothing too difficult.

Mom, in elephant quest you just have to hold down the mouse button and stay away from the enemies. Once you level up it gets easier.

cluffy,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Is the problem because I'm on a Mac? I don't use a "mouse;" I just use the touchpad. Maybe my reflexes are just getting too old. :lol: I'm hell bent to beat this damn thing though. :p

momofthegoons,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
momofthegoons, Elephant Quest requires repetition and patience, which is why it's not for everybody. I suspect you met the Zippers, which are next to impossible to deal with when you first meet them.

As cluffy said, you have to avoid the enemies and build up experience. For the latter, find a level you can do quickly and repeat it until you level up. For the former, I found that jumping a lot helped.

I finished Cursed Treasure. Once you do too you might want to try the level pack. I liked CT (and all the Bloon games too) but my all-time favourite TD-style game is GemCraft, which has two sequels.

pakalolo,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Thanks pakalolo. I'm not saying I don't like Elephant Quest. It's my kind of game. I just wasn't picking up on what I needed to do. Getting "experience" makes sense. And yes... :lol: it was the Zippers! I've leveled up once, but apparently, I need to do it more! That and put it down when it gets too frustrating... :lol:

Thanks for all the suggestions. I love playing new games like these. They're an absolute waste of time and I love it.

momofthegoons,
This thread made me remember the hours after school during middle school, when me and friends would sometimes go to the library and play flash games. Anyone remember Newgrounds? How about Pico?

This is a very crass, violent, ridiculous old flash game, but it brings back some memories for sure! It's also harder than I remember! http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/310607

charliedontsurf,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
No one mentioned Angry Birds yet? Even my mom is addicted to it after I showed it to her, and she usually hates video games!

OhTheAgony,

cluffy

Vaker
I'm with you pakalolo, but I hate to be a hater... :-P

Was reminded of this game by the jayisgames vault. Cobacoli

An addictive physics shooter.

cluffy,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
pakalolo said:
I would never mention that silly bird game because it is a ripoff of Crush the Castle, and in my opinion is not as much fun.

Cool, I didn't know that (one) *bookmarked*

I still think I like the silly bird game more though. Stuff actually breaks and the weapons are more differs, not to mention the funny sounds the pigs make :)

OhTheAgony,
Top Bottom