good 1st vap (portable and cheap)

I'm looking into getting my first vaporizer. Because it will be my first I don't want to drop tons of money on it but i'm looking for a portable vaporizer that is of decent quality but under 100$. Let me know any suggestions that you guys have! :peace:

claires20,

caseball2051

depending on your situation, id say save up for a home unit. you can get a very nice unit for around 150$.i

but since you asked about portables, id say magic flight launchbox but it really depends what your looking for.

there are fire/butane powered portables like the supreme (over your price limit) and the vaporgenie (65$ i think) but you cannot use those in windy conditions and some people do not like to use butane. the launchbox uses batteries so wind and butane are not an issue.

it really depends on your needs/desires in a device.

caseball2051,

lwien

For a decent portable under 100 bucks, I think your best option would be the LaunchBox.

lwien,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
I definitely recommend the Magic Flight Launch Box. It's around your price range, and it's a great little portable vaporizer. :)

Vicki,
Hi all, I'm new here as well. (great forum BTW :D)
I guess I will jump in on this discussion as I am looking for the same thing as the TS. ($99 price point) I stumbled upon fc.com while I was researching the glass model vaporgenie. I've been doing lots of reading here since. I was heavily leaning towards getting the glass VG as my first vape, as I am a big fan of glass, and it is at the $99 point. After reading all of the praises for the LB, it looks like that needs some serious consideration as well. That's where I'm at now, it's the glass VG vs the LB. :) Anybody have any further thoughts on this?

wunderkind,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
The only options I can think of given this set of parameters is the LB or the VG. Fortunately, they are all very good at what they do and have been tested plenty.

Get the VG if:
You like the ritual of smoking
You want the bigger hits

The glass VG will have the same usage attributes, but has a bigger bowl and is all glass. Get this if you want to spend the extra money and love the purity of the glass air path.

Get the LB if:
Stealth is the most important feature
You don't mind using batteries
You will be using it in possibly windy conditions
You want a cool feature set in a portable (battery light indicator, see through cover)

For the record, my three favorite portables in order, regardless of price are the LB, then the VG, then the IO.

stickstones,

lwien

stickstones said:
For the record, my three favorite portables in order, regardless of price are the LB, then the VG, then the IO.
Me too, but one thing to add though. When using a portable amongst a group of people, the IO, imho, would be the preferred vape being that it takes more of the user errors out of the equation than either the VG or the LB.

lwien,

caseball2051

there are so many factors going into this decision.

1. where youll use it? (wind makes lighter vapes difficult)
2. with who?
3. with how many people?
4. do you want something silent?
5. how much of a learning curve you want
6. stealth

i was looking for a portable and these were some of my main concerns. our concerns wont be the same as yours though. thats what makes vapes so wonderful. there are ones to fite each persons wants/neeeds

caseball2051,

max

Out to lunch
wunderkind said:
That's where I'm at now, it's the glass VG vs the LB. Anybody have any further thoughts on this?
The Genie is probably better for big hits, and the LB is much better for stealth. You can hit the LB pretty much anywhere. The LB also avoids the soot produced by a lighter. Although you can use a torch lighter, it just makes it more difficult.

max,

PerseusStoned

I would attest to the Magic Flight being a great first vape for portability, but it does not mesh well with those are inexperienced with it. I would urge you to try for a non-portable unit first, but if its a big deal for you go with the Flight Box (and use the FC discount!).

PerseusStoned,

lwien

PerseusStoned said:
.... but it does not mesh well with those are inexperienced with it.
Isn't that true for all vapes? There is a bit of a learning curve with just about all of them.

lwien,

SmogTown

Yes there is a learning curve to all vapes. However in my experience has been the learning curve is slight. Unless the launch box is alot harder to learn than the vg or dbv. Plus experimenting is fun :).

SmogTown,
hey guys, l think im going to go with the launch box, i really like what im hearing about it and it seems pretty simple and reliable (reasonably priced as well) Can anyone direct me to the FC discount? also, is there any way to pay for it other than with a card because my mom looks at my transaction history ugh.

claires20,

obelisk

Idiot (no relation to the Savants)
the LB is a good vape but you HAVE to factor in the cost of batteries, and possibly a faster charger, if you are limited by budget. you should keep this in mind when deciding :2c:

obelisk,
obelisk said:
the LB is a good vape but you HAVE to factor in the cost of batteries, and possibly a faster charger, if you are limited by budget. you should keep this in mind when deciding :2c:
doesnt it come with batteries? and how much are replacements? faster charger? how long does it take to charge? sorry for all the questions!

claires20,
The charger that comes with it takes 8 hours to charge the batteries. Just buy a thirty dollar 15 minute charger, or do your homework and buy a more expensive (but better for your batteries) charger. Replacement batteries are about 12 to 25 dollars for 4 AAs. Make sure you stick to the recommended batteries in this thread.
edited to add: I have a duracell 15 minute charger, and it cost me around 34 dollars. It does the job. Also, welcome, and great choice with the launch box. I love mine.

SkeletonLips,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
SkeletonLips said:
The charger that comes with it takes 8 hours to charge the batteries.
The charger I received with my order charges the batteries in 4 hours.

Vicki,
I admit I only used mine once, before I bought my 15 minute charger. My instructions said 8 and that is what I went by, if memory serves correct. That is awesome if they are sending out better chargers now.

SkeletonLips,
SkeletonLips said:
The charger that comes with it takes 8 hours to charge the batteries. Just buy a thirty dollar 15 minute charger, or do your homework and buy a more expensive (but better for your batteries) charger. Replacement batteries are about 12 to 25 dollars for 4 AAs. Make sure you stick to the recommended batteries in this thread.
edited to add: I have a duracell 15 minute charger, and it cost me around 34 dollars. It does the job. Also, welcome, and great choice with the launch box. I love mine.
like 8 hours per hit? or how long does it last with one charge (i don't usally hit more than once a day so that shouldn't be too much of a problem)? also did you buy the 15 min charger online?

claires20,

obelisk

Idiot (no relation to the Savants)
claires20 said:
SkeletonLips said:
like 8 hours per hit? or how long does it last with one charge (i don't usally hit more than once a day so that shouldn't be too much of a problem)? also did you buy the 15 min charger online?
for me, one battery (the ones that come with the LB) lasts one and a half trench. I had four batteries (2 come with the LB and I bought a spare pair) and that lasted me about 6 trenches altogether (though the 6th trench wasn't fully finished). Others report to get about two trenches worth of run time from one battery.

by an 8 hour charger he means that the charger will take 8 hours to give a full charge.

in my experience the LB with FC discount was 87 bucks including shipping. A faster charger will cost about 30 bucks. One set of 4 Powerex 2700 batteries will cost you about 12 dollars. If you decide you need the extra batteries or charger then you have to figure these costs into your budget.

obelisk,

caseball2051

the white sanyo charger that comes with the LB is a 4 hr charger.... and comes with 2000mah eneloop batteries....

caseball2051,
obelisk said:
claires20 said:
SkeletonLips said:
for me, one battery (the ones that come with the LB) lasts one and a half trench. I had four batteries (2 come with the LB and I bought a spare pair) and that lasted me about 6 trenches altogether (though the 6th trench wasn't fully finished). Others report to get about two trenches worth of run time from one battery.

by an 8 hour charger he means that the charger will take 8 hours to give a full charge.

in my experience the LB with FC discount was 87 bucks including shipping. A faster charger will cost about 30 bucks. One set of 4 Powerex 2700 batteries will cost you about 12 dollars. If you decide you need the extra batteries or charger then you have to figure these costs into your budget.
by trench you mean a bowl right?

edit: sorry, slang im not used 2!

claires20,
Top Bottom