Glassblowersdirect.com - Affordable quality glass

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
What did you ask for in the custom piece?
Sam just emailed me a little bit ago and told me that they were working on a completely new process for the frit and mine came out beautifully! I'm so excited! Hopefully I get some shipping info very soon! It's been 2 weeks today since I ordered and paid. The wait is excruciating!

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd,

JSteez4205

aka Gordon NugzB
What did you ask for in the custom piece?
I asked Sam if he could do a showercap perc in a bent neck tube w/ a 18mm female inject in bottom of tube, essentially making it a Hydrotube hopefully.. He said to email him a sketch of what I was thinking of and he'd more than likely be able to do it for me.. Will draw something up for him this evening and let everyone know if it'll be a go or not.

He did specifically say the tubes pictured are not hydrotubes but rather connecting tubes for existing pieces I believe..

He did specifically say the tubes pictured are not hydrotubes but rather connecting tubes for existing pieces I believe..
I'm sure for the purpose of not infringing on any patents that's true. But functionally, I imagine it'll operate along similar lines.

kingofnull,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
I'm sure for the purpose of not infringing on any patents that's true. But functionally, I imagine it'll operate along similar lines.

Actually, its because of his Assassin Line, which is modular.

(correction to reflect put on the spot: I haven't ANY idea)

BigDaddyVapor,
Actually, its because of his Assassin Line, which is modular.

(correction to reflect put on the spot: I haven't ANY idea)
I just looked at the Assassin line, there is no way this tube was intended for that line. The connecting joints on the Assassin look to be closer to 29mm (or higher perhaps) and not 18mm.

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
I just looked at the Assassin line, there is no way this tube was intended for that line. The connecting joints on the Assassin look to be closer to 29mm (or higher perhaps) and not 18mm.
Actually look at the tube again, I believe the joint on the bottom of it to be 29 also. Think about it, thats a 32mm tube on that part. No way that's an 18 joint.

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd,

Bon Dog

8" Nested Double Showercap Bubbler

Well to start out with my order was the bubbler, a 14->19mm low-pro downstem (free), 14mm unworked glass globe, 14mm glass nail and, dont laugh, a 14mm female bowl (it provisions for the future. This was a @#$% bargain! $120 for a bubbler and 4 accessories!

npl5z8.jpg

Quick Overview of Accessories:
14mm Low-Pro downstem (6(ish)"):
Well the stem of it does not fit into the joint... the ground glass part of it is the correct size however the ground part is, for lack of better words, swells... Cant get a new one b/c I cant get in touch with sam... Not much more to say here...

14mm Glass Globe and Nail:
Globe: just Plain Jane globe. Nothing wrong, nothing stellar... perfectly functional lol.
Nail: broke on day 2 (outside warranty). seemed to be cheap glass. if u have a small torch it should work but mine is a bit larger (large enough to make a new nail out of scrap piece of glass lol)

14mm Felmale Gong Combustion Bowl:
Aint nobody got time fo dat!

Overview of Bubbler:
Total Height: 8"
Height to top of can: 3.5"
Thickness: 5mm? Its thick enough dangit! =p
With of Base: 3"
With of Can: 2"
Joint: 14mm Male
Perc: Nested Double Showercap

At First Sight?
Well as soon is i opened it i tried to downstem out. doesn't fit. What sold me was that i have 'co-own' a PHX for combustion. As far as a combustion pieces go... this one rocks. i dont like it to vape, but it belonged to a late homeboy (the bong is about 9 years old lol). But anyway, it means alot and i wanted to be able to use it again. This put a bad taste in my mouth... but Then i put water in the bubbler and seasoned the nail. Was flying high when on the 2nd dab i heard the crack. The nail lasted another ~25 smallish dabs. Another bummer. But I now have a lab-grade glass nail now (:science: haha). At this point i was happy and high but wanted to test water levels.

Flavor!
Bring out the MFLB!!! I did some tests... thats kinda why it took so long to write this lol. This M*f* is a flavor savor! with a low water level it has an almost pillar type effect. I love this for the beginning of the trench. With a bit more water there is a bit more staking. But whats cool is the distance it travels through water while still maintaining a low drag(tiny amount of total water I think). really cools the vapor well.
Here is where it get really cool lol. While tinkering i found if i want to hit an entire trench in one sitting, i can take some ice out of the freezer and let them melt for a min, when they melt enough to fit in the bub i put 2-3 in the neck (very carefully and holding it horizontally). the first hit will almost be a dry hit but will melt some of the ice. The second hit has just a bit of water, by the 4th or 5th hit, the ice has melted enough to all fit in the can. I usually poor a bit of water out at this point. but the last few hit has nice cool water and just the right amount of water. Just kinda cool thing i found (ill get a vid ups soon).

Wrapping up:
So as u can see, I like the perc lol. It is a fantastic bubbler imo. However i am apprehensive buying from them again b/c of the sub par accessories i received. It was kinda my mistake, never buy something for accessories. i didn't, it was about equal... but none the less, the purchase was a success from my eyes *just could have been crazy amazing lol.

HighlyEducatedScholar

Student of Vapor
damn Bon Dog, i was just thinking about how i wanted to come back to this thread to ask how you're liking your new bubbler after some time with it and come back to this beast review. many thanks since i'm very highly considering this piece :tup:

HighlyEducatedScholar,
Reactions: Bon Dog

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Thanks for the in-depth review. I agree, that you shouldn't judge the purchase by the accessories. Though disappointment, is understandable. In my own personal situation, the downstem, eh... I've got a bag filled with bubble-wrapped ones (including an OGB showerhead). The nail? I'd like to see a little higher quality there. People are more than likely going to use it, buying a DI piece. A lot of people use hot torches... though, I've been reading very bad things about propane and see a lot of people using it anyway. However, yours isn't anything excessive. Heck, I'm wanting to upgrade to something larger than that. It also doesn't look like you really heated the nail enough to crack it on the 2nd heat.

However, again... its the rig, that matters. Accessories are always going to be replaced. I'm happy to see Sam bring something new and broader appeal to the market and for a kickass price! Hope the long-term/durability goes well.

Oh, unsolicited tip from a student of the Youtube game. CLEAN YOUR PIECE! The previous was a Public Service Announcement.

BigDaddyVapor,

Bon Dog

Thanks for the in-depth review. I agree, that you shouldn't judge the purchase by the accessories. Though disappointment, is understandable. In my own personal situation, the downstem, eh... I've got a bag filled with bubble-wrapped ones (including an OGB showerhead). The nail? I'd like to see a little higher quality there. People are more than likely going to use it, buying a DI piece. A lot of people use hot torches... though, I've been reading very bad things about propane and see a lot of people using it anyway. However, yours isn't anything excessive. Heck, I'm wanting to upgrade to something larger than that. It also doesn't look like you really heated the nail enough to crack it on the 2nd heat.

However, again... its the rig, that matters. Accessories are always going to be replaced. I'm happy to see Sam bring something new and broader appeal to the market and for a kickass price! Hope the long-term/durability goes well.

Oh, unsolicited tip from a student of the Youtube game. CLEAN YOUR PIECE! The previous was a Public Service Announcement.

It would be nice to have the downstem but i will just have w8 a bit. Money is tight, and getting a job as a felon is hard. Dudes y'all do have to post a few pics soon. Won't have oil for a week or 2 but will post when I do. I really like it.
What's crazy is that my torch is butane but has a wide range of flame size and on the large end it's a lot of heat. I have always had to make sure friends didn't heat glass nails starting with max heat. But with my homemade nail, somehow it take the heat like a champ lol

Don't worry I clean about once a week and will replace the vids

Well the stem of it does not fit into the joint... the ground glass part of it is the correct size however the ground part is, for lack of better words, swells... Cant get a new one b/c I cant get in touch with sam... Not much more to say here.
Um, a low-pro stem that works with a 14mm bowl is designed to fit a piece with a 18mm female joint. Are you saying the male connection on the downstem you got is larger than 18mm? That would be super unusual.

mrboote,

Bon Dog

Ok from gong joint to diffy end left to right. It goes 14mm to 19mm low pro bit the diffy end won't fit in an 19mm female joint. It swells after the end of the low pro sandblasting. It seems like a proper loo pro ground part and the rest is one size up. Will post pics soon

Bon Dog,
Ahh, got it. I think I can see what you mean in the pic you already posted. Now let me ask another stupid question. If it's so clearly their fuck-up, why are you so sure Sam won't take care of you? I'm contemplating a purchase, that's why I ask.

mrboote,

Bon Dog

Ahh, got it. I think I can see what you mean in the pic you already posted. Now let me ask another stupid question. If it's so clearly their fuck-up, why are you so sure Sam won't take care of you? I'm contemplating a purchase, that's why I ask.

well i had spoken with him b4 the order send. 2 or 3 diffrenct occations, in fact. but now i cant get a returned phone call or replied email from his half. idk
not that big of a deal b/c it doesn't affect my piece. ya kno

Bon Dog,

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
Sam emails me back every time I email him. Sometimes it's 12 hours later but he always answers back.

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
I emailed Sam about a week ago. Not anything that requires a response, but he usually does. Never responded. I just assumed he was slammed with work, or taking a break.

But did think it was odd.

BigDaddyVapor,

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
He did mention the other day that he's been crazy busy! Also he doesn't answer at all on weekends I've noticed.

EDIT: Bon, that's much nicer all cleaned up!

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd,
Reactions: Bon Dog

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
I've been sending some emails back and forth with Sam, he mentione he was a bit swamped this week, so I wouldn't worry.
He normally replies pretty quickly IME.

I'm working out a custom piece with him :brow:

Frederick McGuire,
Reactions: Hoops
Top Bottom