Glass Vapes From The Rogue Wax Works

dapatcho

Someone on reddit threw a Terpcicle into a Link from Doug's Woodery. As someone having trouble with their Nova and with a Terpcicle inbound, I will be giving this a go.

https://www.reddit.com/r/vaporents/comments/1b3go40
e2d2jxpucmlc1.jpeg
Would anyone know what glass connector they used to connect it to the Nova piece?

EDIT: OP says it's a 14mm male joint which I do not have handy so I'll have to go somewhere and grab one maybe

Spj3k1

So first off I love my trww vapes. But I find that they give me some throat issues. After a bowl I get a really dry throat and it’s kinda pianful. No matter if it’s hit through dry or wet glass. Hydrating before, under and after don’t really matter. The “itch” comes after about 15-20 mins and can last for an hour or two. It’s a strange feeling, almost feels like the inside of my throat has been scratched if that makes sense. Smoking a J does not do this.

Recentøy I got the thermal accumulator. Used that ever since with no issues, then I did a bowl with the qc18 and it fucked me up.

I started thinking, is it the sheer ammount of weed and terps and whatnot that’s doing this? I tend to fill it up to maximum capacity and no other vape is even close to this ammount.

Anyone else experience this?

coolbreeze

So first off I love my trww vapes. But I find that they give me some throat issues. After a bowl I get a really dry throat and it’s kinda pianful. No matter if it’s hit through dry or wet glass. Hydrating before, under and after don’t really matter. The “itch” comes after about 15-20 mins and can last for an hour or two. It’s a strange feeling, almost feels like the inside of my throat has been scratched if that makes sense. Smoking a J does not do this.

Recentøy I got the thermal accumulator. Used that ever since with no issues, then I did a bowl with the qc18 and it fucked me up.

I started thinking, is it the sheer ammount of weed and terps and whatnot that’s doing this? I tend to fill it up to maximum capacity and no other vape is even close to this ammount.

Anyone else experience this?
Sometimes with very pure or well-designed vapes (ones that produce the best flavors, usually) you get a burning sensation that can cause your eyes to water, sneezing or coughing, etc. My understanding is that it's because that vape is delivering more of the terps and other actives than other vapes do and many of the terps can be irritating. Usually water can mitigate it to some degree, but it may be that your vapes are just too good!

RogueGuy

Accessory Maker
@El Duderino it's easiest to pull the screen out when it's warm

@Spj3k1 they may not be the right vapes for you. Electric conduction does this to me

Ok, testing of the Coil Cap has been going well. I now need some beta testers willing to gamble $50 plus shipping. I have 5 x 14s and 5 x 18s. It will include the coil, heater, bowl and screens. It will not have the flaired heaters in the pic. I just got those as testers.

20240331-110940.jpg

I have been running them at 525 for 14 and 550 for 18. One minute heat soak gives 3-4 hit extraction. It does take a little technique and the heat soak is crucial. I don't have any other ball vapes so I don't really have anything to compare the experience to. It's different than using the torch version in that the heat stays constant. I have not really tried for 1 hit extraction or slower low temp bowl but believe both are possible. I do really enjoy using it.

If interested, DM me here with your shipping info, email and choice between 14 & 18. First 10 to respond get priority

Last edited:

nicknobody

@El Duderino it's easiest to pull the screen out when it's warm

@Spj3k1 they may not be the right vapes for you. Electric conduction does this to me

Ok, testing of the Coil Cap has been going well. I now need some beta testers willing to gamble $50 plus shipping. I have 5 x 14s and 5 x 18s. It will include the coil, heater, bowl and screens. It will not have the flaired heaters in the pic. I just got those as testers.

20240331-110940.jpg

I have been running them at 525 for 14 and 550 for 18. One minute heat soak gives 3-4 hit extraction. It does take a little technique and the heat soak is crucial. I don't have any other ball vapes so I don't really have anything to compare the experience to. It's different than using the torch version in that the heat stays constant. I have not really tried for 1 hit extraction or slower low temp bowl but believe both are possible. I do really enjoy using it.

If interested, DM me here with your shipping info, email and choice between 14 & 18. First 10 to respond get priority
You’re the best. Keep up the great work.

The bcg is just for show 😂 I hand grind when I’m not using a screen.

Mr Turnip

I've been really enjoying my mega quartz but it's a bit much at times and I'm using the big shot torch.

My question is...

Is the terpcicle different enough to warrant a buy?.

Can I use a smaller torch as I understand it smaller less to heat and a bit calmer for times where a smaller session is needed.

Cheers in advance

nicknobody

I've been really enjoying my mega quartz but it's a bit much at times and I'm using the big buddy torch.

My question is...

Is the terpcicle different enough to warrant a buy?.

Can I use a smaller torch as I understand it smaller less to heat and a bit calmer for times where a smaller session is needed.

Cheers in advance
Can’t say I’ve tried the mega qc but on my terpcicle I use a big buddy equivalent torch (same size) just fyi so a good bit smaller but far from small for a torch imo

Bowl should be a lot smaller too. Heat up time is 22-25 seconds on a small to medium flame adjustment

Last edited:

Mr Turnip

Appreciate your post.

I'll use the big shot but would rather use my medium torch. Think the big shot for me is a bit much at times sat on settee with my wife blasting big jet engine torch..... Just puts me about a bit as she doesn't partake.

I'm thinking the terpcicle will suit my needs better then the mega cap.

El Duderino

The Dude abides.
Appreciate your post.

I'll use the big shot but would rather use my medium torch. Think the big shot for me is a bit much at times sat on settee with my wife blasting big jet engine torch..... Just puts me about a bit as she doesn't partake.

I'm thinking the terpcicle will suit my needs better then the mega cap.

I own the 18mm Quartz Cap (not the Mega) and the Terpcicle. As @nicknobody correctly pointed out, the Terpcicle has a smaller bowl and heats up faster than the QC (I also use a Big Buddy equivalent).

I think one of the main differences is the different use cases. I only use the QC (so far) with my big straight fab through water, simply because of the size and power of the QC, whereas I like to use the Terpcicle dry on a J-Hook.

I find the Terpcicle can be used in more different ways in more different setups than the QC. At the moment, not a day goes by without at least one Terpcicle bowl - I personally love the device and can highly recommend it.

Last edited:

geoff_45

What is the end user difference between the terpcicle and 14mm quartz cap? I watched the rouge wax video on the style differences and I know the terpcicle has a larger bowl but I can find how the difference would come across when actually using it.

RogueGuy

Accessory Maker
@nicknobody I love your stand!!

@Mr Turnip the Mega has an obscenely large bowl. The 14 is much better for microdosing or small bowls.

I'm about to release the Quartz Cap Mini, but I'm waiting on the tweezers. This works with a Vapcap sized tripple torch 30-60 seconds
MiniQC01.jpg

@LordOfTheVapes thanks for the graphic. The pid thing is so confusing. These are made by Crossing Tech and they suggested going Cannabis Hardware style.

@geoff_45 the main difference is that the Terpcicle bowl is fixed with a joint so it is better to use with a stem or 45 degree bong. The QCs have a loose heater so are best used on a 90 degree rig. I personally find the 14 QC to be a little more forgiving than the Terpcicle when it comes to combusting

TedJones

It arrived! Very early impression is holy shit :rockon:
It keeps the heat just as expected and it's strange not to have the cool down. It does feel more like a ball vape experience because of this now. Agree with everything Dave mentioned and more testing will be needed to perfect the technique(s).
It does take a little technique and the heat soak is crucial. I don't have any other ball vapes so I don't really have anything to compare the experience to. It's different than using the torch version in that the heat stays constant. I have not really tried for 1 hit extraction or slower low temp bowl but believe both are possible.
After some morning RTL bowls, I've had better success since. Put 2 sesh vids together.
First is using it like a ball vape and lifting the heater off the bowl. About a half bowl full and 2 hit extraction. Nice, but a bit cumbersome trying to be careful.
Second is leaving the heater on the entire time. Fuller bowl and you'll see how milky the 2nd and 3rd pulls remain. Keep bumping the temp down with this method and will need to do so more! The throat has been quite pleased with the smoothness today too.
Can't wait to hear other experiences out there soon to come :tup:

LordOfTheVapes

It arrived! Very early impression is holy shit :rockon:

I've had a megacicle for a bit now, which I love, so I had a strong feeling I'd really enjoy the coil cap (18mm). I built out a kit for it for daily usage:

@VGOODIEZ is having a sale right now and most of the components are available there.
And @TedJones , I absolutely agree with your early assessment of "holy shit"; massive flavorful hits :leaf:

It keeps the heat just as expected and it's strange not to have the cool down. It does feel more like a ball vape experience because of this now. Agree with everything Dave mentioned and more testing will be needed to perfect the technique(s).

I've been using a cake decorating tip as a funnel, for now, to help load material into the bowl and then tamp down slightly; I think this would work really well for a preheated bowl or back to back bowls; I need to find a better solution for the funnel. Also, note that I have cut out a custom 12mm screen that sits flat at the bottom of the bowl; just makes loading and cleaning easier for my configuration.

After some morning RTL bowls, I've had better success since. Put 2 sesh vids together.
First is using it like a ball vape and lifting the heater off the bowl. About a half bowl full and 2 hit extraction. Nice, but a bit cumbersome trying to be careful.

Man I think that video is private, I'd love to see your session. I'm using this in a similar manner to a ball vape just like you; I remove the heater between draws--can't afford to combust, gross.

Second is leaving the heater on the entire time. Fuller bowl and you'll see how milky the 2nd and 3rd pulls remain. Keep bumping the temp down with this method and will need to do so more! The throat has been quite pleased with the smoothness today too.
Can't wait to hear other experiences out there soon to come :tup:

I'm testing using the same methods outlined by Dave. For the PID I'm using, I noticed that the temperature drops around 15F after placing the coil cap on the bowl so I'm running it at 565F and testing with lemon cherry gellato and durban poision, medium grind, average cure.

Keep in mind I've only been able to use this twice now for really heavy hits. I've noticed that the material on the side of the coil with the handle is significantly darker that the other side, which makes sense to me as the heater is off balance and way closer to/touching the bowl on that side for nearly a minute during the pre-soak. In my next test, I will attempt to even out the spacing of the quartz cap using a folded screen to introduce more of a gap on the "problematic" side to help determine if that is really the issue. Note that only the outer layer is impacted and the center looks good after debowling.

After that, I'm going to approach this from the other end to avoid any inconsistent heating. I will set the bowl on the 18mm glass stand with the cap on for about a min and use a dipwand to measure and adjust the temperature on the PID until I reach a point where I can instantly take a hit after loading the material via funnel and clear it completely in a few draws.

@VapingYogi @highvaper tagging you to ask if this product is something you guys would be interested in.

Last edited:

Zow237

After a little bit of testing with the coil cap beta, I am happy to say this is a bad ass vape for sure. This has to be one of the most efficient extraction devices. It gets every bit of my bud. Very Very smooth vapor. Almost no restriction when using whole nugs, and the finer the grind obviously the more restriction. Honestly though shoving some nugs in without grinding is just awesome and i dont even see myself grinding much for this vape.

TedJones

Ah shoot. Think that vid should be good now! Let me know if not.

@LordOfTheVapes great looking setup! You have the 18 right? For the uneven issue, here is what the email says:

I turn the bowl once in the middle of the 1 minute heat soak. I hit it 3-4 times in a minute or so, turning the bowl as I lift it to clear. I turn the bowl because the heater wants to sit on one side.

I do this during heatup in those shots and seems to work good ;) Just had a better run by a combo of letting it sit on the bowl during the 1st pull & clear (light cloud), then removing the coil after the immediate 2nd pull (milk cloud) and used the other hand to lift bowl and clear (no passthrough this time). Repeat process for more!

LordOfTheVapes

Ah shoot. Think that vid should be good now! Let me know if not.

Works! Huge vapor at the end :sherlock:

You have the 18 right? For the uneven issue, here is what the email says:

I turn the bowl once in the middle of the 1 minute heat soak. I hit it 3-4 times in a minute or so, turning the bowl as I lift it to clear. I turn the bowl because the heater wants to sit on one side.

Thanks for pointing this out! This is what I get for not reading emails... I'm going to keep it in mind for sure; aiming for the laziest and fastest workflow :cheers:

Last edited:
Top Bottom