Discontinued Glass Symphony XLR

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
I was asked last night by a friend what is the highest end/most expensive vaporizer setup i can imagine ... It immediatly came to mind that it would be a All Quartz GS filled with quartz and ruby terp pearls ,lol...
I look up bulk pricing from an EU manufacturer and here what i have as an info.
(i didnt know those are actually crystaline Al03 which is ceramic,also thought they should be more expensive than quartz)
RUBY balls 4mm G100; MQ10PCS - EURO 14.00/EACH
RUBY balls 5mm G100; MQ10PCS - EURO 19.00/EACH
SAPPHIRE balls 4mm G100; MQ10PCS - EURO 15.00/EACH
SAPPHIRE balls 5mm G100; MQ10PCS - EURO 20.00/EACH
QUARTZ balls 4mm G100; MQ10PCS - EURO 20.00/EACH
QUARTZ balls 5mm G100; MQ10PCS - EURO 25.00/EACH

I think the GS uses 5mm balls imagine how much would it cost to fill it with those high precision balls (G100 is the precision standart). Anyone has any idea of the actual count of the beads ?
200-300 ?

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Naming of/link to the manufacturer woul be nice ;)

Ouartz20/25 EACH? Can't be right regarding to prices of ruby/sapphire!?
Or do you mean the whole package of 10?

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Naming of/link to the manufacturer woul be nice ;)

Ouartz20/25 EACH? Can't be right regarding to prices of ruby/sapphire!?
Or do you mean the whole package of 10?
Well please have in mind that these are high precision balls meant for spacecraft and other hightech aplications. I dont know what is the manufacturer,the pricing was provided by a local importer of the goods .
I am pretty sure it is MQ= Minimum order quanity and prices is for 1pc.
Making high purity quartz 99.99% and bringing it pro precision grade 100G can be a more expensive process than making Sapphire from AL03 in a lab. Those guys also had SiC and Silicone Nitride balls,but pricing was missing in the quote.
Btw their goods seems really expensive to me, i think they can be found for less from china , quartz pearls are 0.32 cents each on DHgate but you dont know what purity it is and if it is even quartz and not just boro.

jojo monkey

Manufacturer
That glass carb adapter is amaaaaazing, I'm gonna have to order one. However, it does add more height to an already pretty tall vaporizer. @jojo monkey whadya think about developing a carb bowl that sorta mimics the Stevenlmz79 glass carb adapter?
I too am envious of @Joaon 's setup.

I'll give it some thought. Having a carb or oil access port on the body might be how this comes about.

I was asked last night by a friend what is the highest end/most expensive vaporizer setup i can imagine
Ha! What a neat thought experiment! I think you found the most expensive route already.

We can change out the thermal transfer material with gold powder:
part GF03434699-1 445.00 a gram of gold powder. We'll need many grams so let's just say 5 - That's $2225USD there.
https://www.sigmaaldrich.com

Gold has great thermal conductivity. Plus it won't oxidize.

I could also make a custom glass rig like my old test machine. It had custom code, a pt100 probe in a glass tube in the air path, touchscreen buttons for fav temps and graphing, and used a 300w heater. Let's say $1000. This is more labor than parts.

200-300 ?
Great guess! Yeah, roughly that range. The handmade glass varies. You don't want too many...it can make it hard to put the handle on. I don't want anyone forcing parts so I send just enough. For 5mm, you get 187 per ounce and roughly 1.2-1.5 ounces can be in there. (side note: each sphere has a surface area of about 0.12173 square inches / 78.5398 mm2).

gold heat transfer - $2225
280 quartz beads - 5mm - $7000
custom pt100 300w controller - $1000

So $10,225. I'd toss in free shipping.

I'm happy that a normal boro GS and a bowl can be had for under $200USD. Plus you need a controller.

@Zow237 wassup!

UPDATE:

I shot a couple vids with the glass mesh bowl. I cleaned it before the first hit so there is a little water in the bowl. The GS was set to 830F for both vids.

@MileHighHuman @StormyPinkness and all
If you look close you can see I am not using the standard handle. I have a few different glass pieces and have been trying a C shape for the week. If a handle is too short I find that my hand can sometimes cover the intake when I clear the GS. This has helped me get an idea of the ideal shape. If you can imagine the current handle a little thinner and bent back 115 degrees that is what I am thinking. It won't need a screen since it is bent. I'll post before I have any made. I will only do a small run.

Cheers!

Last edited:

Joaon

Im still using the GS as my daily driver.

@Joaon have you noticed any side effects (flavor) from the wood stand without glass ground joints?

None! That 3D printed stand is amazing! Very stable, each bowl and the heater enters pretty easily.
As a clumsy person, I never missed my shot. Same for the wood bubbler stand from @funkyjunky, it keeps that whole glass tower in place and secured !
Will take some pictures of the set..

@jojo monkey , Would love to see a Gold transfer powder/Emerald beads :nod::luv:

:hmm:

:sherlock:

Edit: Oh, forgot: I just coughed in the bubbler, after my big 4:20 bowl. Lot of herb went up from the bowl to the beads. See. Clumsy person.

Now, I want to dismantel all the thing to clean it, but I know my heater's handle is locked onto the heater body, and can't figure how to free them without any scratch!
Any idea?

Last edited:

Joaon

About the stucked handle, I crancked up the temp of the heater during my last session (from 815F to 850F), and the handle came off pretty easily (unit still hot and powered).
I'm now heading to clean this glass beauty, bead per bead.. :luv:
Next time, I'll use a little of my infused coco oil to subtly grease joints :cool:
:2c:

Edit: Or what about PTFE Ground Glass Joints sleeves ? :hmm:
10169450_GRP_A.JPG-650.jpg

Last edited:

jojo monkey

Manufacturer
About the stucked handle, I crancked up the temp of the heater during my last session (from 815F to 850F), and the handle came off pretty easily (unit still hot and powered).
I'm now heading to clean this glass beauty, bead per bead.. :luv:
I'm glad you are so inventive. Nice!!!!!!

I was gonna recommend heat. Humidity can change how glass mechanically grinds. I imagine the humidity went up in the joint when water got up there.

So besides heat, a going up and down in temp a few times has helped get a stuck joint out. A wood doll rod can help push from the bottom-but be careful.

You are lucky: normally thermal shock will crack a heater if water gets sucked up.

Be careful lubing the heater's ground glass joint. I've seen wax make a mess. You can get burnt oil and it can drip down into the air path if you use too much. Coco oils burning point is kinda low.

I will take a look at some of the "anti-seize", "vacuum grease", and "stopcock lube" and any other names for grease and find some contenders. This stuff can stay on your skin forever so you want to use gloves and a tiny bit.

https://iselinc.com/questions-answers/q-difference-food-grade-lubricant-classifications-h1-h2-h3/

I'd love to find a high temp H3 lube. It looks like H1 is the only way.

A neat write-up on glass joints and grease:

http://www.chem.ucalgary.ca/courses/351/laboratory/joints.pdf

Or what about PTFE Ground Glass Joints sleeves ?
I'd pass on PTFE.

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
I've been taking sort of a weird t-break where I only do it after 10 to help me fall asleep (otherwise I'm up for hours using techniques to literally stop thinking). Somehow it's made me appreciate the glass symphony even more. It's amazing what a difference the all glass heater and air path makes, it's put me on a quest to get rid of it for my concentrate vaporizing too. I've been trying out all sorts on non-metal stuff lately despite my deep committed relationship with my d-nail sic halo.

Seriously, how does it get any better than this? @jojo monkey can you make one out of sapphire for me maybe?

Edit: I just re-read my post and please make a sapphire symphony for me please, that sounds so amazing. (please) Also would sapphire matter because it's just heating the air? Someone science this for me please? (also sorry, I'm a little sleepy and high)

jojo monkey

Manufacturer
Would love to see a Gold transfer powder/Emerald beads
Gold and emerald would be eye catching

can you make one out of sapphire for me maybe?
You know I'd do anything for ya! ;)

You guys had me looking up the thermal conductivity of gems. I had no clue. This is a neat pic:

https://presidium.com.sg/wp-content...m-Indicator-Thermal-Color-Chart-reference.pdf

Sapphire is pretty darn good. Of course, the vibranium of thermal conductivity is diamond. Synthetic diamond is not so expensive these days. I bet there was some guy out there who spent the summer playing with it and breaking tons of glass. :cool:

Will either of the High5 adapter cables allow me to use the GS with those controllers?
The dnail one should work.

Does that pid use code 36 to get into the settings?

Zow237

I grabbed the stand for the gs from @jojo monkey .
I fuckin love it and make me want to keep my gs out and ready every single day now :) having a place for it to sit changes a lot for me because I have a 1 n a half year old boy and he's always grabbing my shit so I needed something to keep the gs away from him since I found him with it clanking the glass on stuff the other day. Just made me cringe haha and that had to stop otherwise, bye bye gs haha and not by sale or trade Hahahah. I also got the new heater and boom running much lower temps than the og :) love it. Love my gs!!! :)

Last edited:

lazylathe

Almost there...
We have bought a house!!! So moving again in about a month.... At least this time I own the house and we are not renting anymore. Why am I telling you this? Pretty important, me thinks!

My vapes have all been packed away...Except for 2.
My Daily Driver, the Supreme V4 and the Glass Symphony!

@Zow237 excitement at getting another GS made me want to use it today!
Still rocking the Version 1 stand from @jojo monkey ! Will be making a new one once the workshop is all setup again.

And just once again, this vape is a BEAST!!
3 hits and I am baked like a potato!

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)
Hola FC and FCers.....
Congrats @lazylathe for new home.....
Birthday is coming very soon.... so I decided to listen to the call of VAS.... and ordered a GS XLR, all glass mesh bowl.... @jojo monkey please check your inbox....
I'm guessing that an Auber 300 will support the GS pin config, right???
Do they sell 2 output (dual nail) controller???
Thanks in advance....
Stay vaped....

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
I've been trying out an FC-UFO I just got with the Glass Symphony. I *LOVE* my D020-D and it has won out over several other cheap/mid priced glass I've bought, the FC-UFO has now taken it's place.

The chamber is bigger, but the base is about the same and I don't think it's necessarily more stable. The draw is definitely smoother, can't really feel any chugging or stuttering or whatever you want to call it. Also the draw resistance is almost nothing. It's great on the D020-D, but it's better on the FC-UFO.

The main reason I got it was to get rid of splashing in the mp and I haven't had that issue at all. I'd never had that problem before getting the Glass Symphony, it's so good at handling really hard pulls. With where I use my glass the taller mp is also nice, I don't have to bend down much at all anymore.

Can't recommend the FC-UFO enough for the Glass Symphony, really good deal. My only complaint is the silicone whip that came with it was sticky and gross.

esmbux.jpg

Top Bottom