Discontinued Ghost MV1

Choices

So I bought one. Was I wrong to get the Stealth model? It just appealed to me more. The code for $50 additional off worked for me.
As I hit the “place your order” button I couldn’t help but compare and contrast this purchase to the one I made many years ago in a local head-shop for my MFLB. About the same price. Heck it was more adjusted for inflation. It is like computers and TVs. Prices trend downward and the features list just keeps growing. But while I still use my MFLB, the same can’t be said for my dust gathering Windows XP laptop...

started@52

So I bought one. Was I wrong to get the Stealth model? It just appealed to me more. The code for $50 additional off worked for me.
As I hit the “place your order” button I couldn’t help but compare and contrast this purchase to the one I made many years ago in a local head-shop for my MFLB. About the same price. Heck it was more adjusted for inflation. It is like computers and TVs. Prices trend downward and the features list just keeps growing. But while I still use my MFLB, the same can’t be said for my dust gathering Windows XP laptop...
While I still think the black and chrome is the classiest, I have had one along with a nickel one. So, I went with the stealth this time.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Was I wrong to get the Stealth model?
I played it safe and went with the Nickel (Black\chrome was sold out),
maxresdefault.jpg

CarbonFiberGuy

Stealth looks sexy as fuck , it looks like Bruce Wayne’s lambo in the dark knight ! I am a bit biased as I hate chrome lol . Had all the chrome changed to black on my truck , and my wifes car we specifically got the more expensive trim model with no chrome .

CarbonFiberGuy,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Raf

I would contact Ghost if I were you. I have rarely seen any complaints about a smell and did not experience one on mine at all. Their CS is absolutely fabulous and Virgil should have some good advice for you.

I feel you on this (suggestions to contact manufacturer) , and I appreciate people trying to help me resolve this

I had read back far enough and seen where the manufacturer says about heating up three times to burn off any manufacturing residue so I feel like they will just tell me that again and I don't really want to put myself, or them, through that dance ;)

Today it's still gradually smelling better and I think I'm probably going to give it one more shot soon to see if it will taste okay. If it doesn't then I'll probably try to give the battery and The Crucible dispenser away to somebody here instead of just throwing the whole thing in the trash.

from basically reading this entire thread now it sounds like some people just have a sensitivity to silicone, or maybe an advanced sense of smell or something, and I guess I am one of them. It almost makes me want to contact St Gobain Plastics and ask them to make me components to this device's specs out of platinum cured silicone lol. But I think they would probably charge me thousands of dollars to do a single prototype and for that I would need to contact the manufacturer and ask them to talk to Saint gobain and it's giving me a headache just thinking about all the people telling me no:ko:. I'm not going to try to return it because ultimately it seems like it's my fault more than the manufacturer like if they were selling peanuts and I was allergic to peanuts that's not their fault if I buy the peanuts and don't like them:tup:

I could see the Silicon in the pictures and I could see that it was dyed Green. I knew I hated silicon taste but I guess I was hoping it would fade quickly or be less intense. It has legitimately been kind of fun running the thing through heat Cycles. Because of the haptic feedback it feels like I'm playing with one of those Japanese virtual pets that die if you don't press the buttons often enough lol

Last edited:
Raf,

Djsleepy

Hey does anyone look at those shipping papers that come with your device in the box? So I noticed my most recen t one stated "lot# 10/29/19" and I checked previous ones.I had and th e lot dates were in aug/sept.....so to me if this is the date of receiving the lot , then Ghost is still purchasing stock, a good sign IMO that things are ok as opposed to doors closing soon ??? Thoughts?

Hey does anyone look at those shipping papers that come with your device in the box? So I noticed my most recen t one stated "lot# 10/29/19" and I checked previous ones.I had and th e lot dates were in aug/sept.....so to me if this is the date of receiving the lot , then Ghost is still purchasing stock, a good sign IMO that things are ok as opposed to doors closing soon ??? Thoughts?
Love this cause I am worried. I have like many here,many great vaporizers but this is my king along with the arizer solo(lol). But I worry cause CS which is just amazing has not sent me return labels for my dead device. I'm watching ravens 49ers ( 7-7) what me worry.

Last edited:

kiddvudu2

I am searching for mine now. Was it outside of the sealed manufacturer's box? Just in with the shipping packaging?

EDIT: Found 1 of 2 that I received last week, Lot# 10.29.19.

Cool!

kiddvudu2,

Choices

Or it could be the last shipment who knows for sure at this point besides the company itself. On a different note, I haven’t searched the thread regarding the proprietary battery pack but has anyone replaced the assumed 18650s contained inside of it? Curious to know what better minds than mine have found out....

Raf

My invoice also says lot#10.29.19 ref 2000017136

Update: I'm starting to feel more optimistic bc now there's sort of a neutral smell while it's cold. I think this is now after running through 6 battery full charges and opening door in-between cooldowns. Still plastic smell while heating, didnt try to use again yet.

Fyi. Someone has it claimed via pm in case it gets rejected. You guys love this thing, I want to love it too LOL

Last edited:
Raf,
Reactions: cosimo

Djsleepy

My invoice also says lot#10.29.19 ref 2000017136

The 200017136 is order number I believe .... the reason I mentioned this was I don’t see why you would buy stock if your plan is to close 12/31/19 but the lot date could be irrelevant .....gives me hope.....

Last edited:

Raf

The 200017136 is order number I believe .... the reason I mentioned this was I don’t see why you would buy stock if your plan is to close 12/31/19 but the lot date could be irrelevant .....gives me hope.....

Okay I see what you mean, I thought you were gathering data on how many people had that same lot date.

Just playing The Devil's Advocate the answer to your question could be that is when they received the shipment but they might have placed the order 6 months or who knows how long before they actually received it from Germany or whatever place that is NOT China (just kidding). Having ordered items from China before it usually takes them forever to send stuff especially if you're unlucky enough to overlap with their National Lunar New Year holiday where the whole country just shuts down for a few weeks

Not trying to rain on any parade I'm just saying the lot number would definitely be when they received it not when they ordered it from the manufacturer

Trypsy Summers

Yeah, Stealth edition - kinda funny how after less than two weeks and I am already touching my 'Stealth' with Black Marker - where it's chipped! WTF! It kinda chips too easy for my liking, I'm gonna have to get a 'black' car touch-up pen to do a decent masking job - well ya certainly don't get that with The Mighty!:rockon::rockon::rockon:

Not saying:\, Just saying:suspicious:, Without saying :2c:,

Pure Peace:leaf:

Trypsy Summers,

Northbear

Yeah, Stealth edition - kinda funny how after less than two weeks and I am already touching my 'Stealth' with Black Marker - where it's chipped! WTF! It kinda chips too easy for my liking, I'm gonna have to get a 'black' car touch-up pen to do a decent masking job - well ya certainly don't get that with The Mighty!:rockon::rockon::rockon:

Not saying:\, Just saying:suspicious:, Without saying :2c:,

Pure Peace:leaf:
So, where is your Stealth chipping?

I had chipping/flaking on my Stealth's heatsink. I was eventually able to remove the
black coating entirely. Ghost sent me a new heatsink (silver) to keep me running until
their shipment of Stealth heatsinks arrived.

The silver heatsink looks fairly nice on the Stealth. I'm still using it with the black cap
and "smoked" mouthpiece.

Northbear,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Trypsy Summers

Mostly on the body, incidentally not the heat sink, the paint seems to be flaking little silver/white specs here and there,

Trypsy Summers,

mucsusn

60 going on 20
So, here's the deal. I'm four years into vaping. My first was a Crafty, my second was an e-nano, my third was a Plenty. So I definitely didn't fuck around. Within a year, I had a Mighty and my first Underdogs and VapCaps. Carry on from there with some RBT's, a Supreme V3, Ed's TnT's, iheats, Li'l Buds....for the last 10 days, I have not used anything at home other than my two new MV1's. Just ass kickin' when you nail it!

LesPlenty

Company Rep
well ya certainly don't get that with The Mighty!
No you don't, the plastic fins break off completely instead (if you are lucky the CU retaining tabs aren't broken off too). The plastic fantastic did not survive Aussie corrugations as the LCD died the last trip.:2c:
I am looking forward to not using my Mighty just because of convenience, the MV1 capsule dispenser will hopefully be the last nail in my Mighty coffin.:myday:

kwwib

Just a heads up for anyone and everyone. I went to the site and some items show a page can't/won't load such as fast charger and blk chrome. They also are giving out heat sinks instead of fast charger.

Top Bottom