Discontinued Ghost MV1

mike butta

Hello all!

Was curious if there is a post I can be directed to that lists best practices for using the MV1? If not can some of the seasoned users list their best practices. I went from an Ascent to a dynavap and never looked back until the Ghost so I'm trying to figure out the best way to utilize my new toy.

mike butta,

Baron23

Hello all!

Was curious if there is a post I can be directed to that lists best practices for using the MV1? If not can some of the seasoned users list their best practices. I went from an Ascent to a dynavap and never looked back until the Ghost so I'm trying to figure out the best way to utilize my new toy.
Go to Ghosts website and they have a lot of guidance and vids in use and maintenance.

dron19

Hello all!

Best tip I have is fill the crucible with medium grind but don't pack it. fill it full and level it off. always works best for me

Djsleepy

Hello all!

For me it's a slow draw from your stomach ...remember you are pulling air to the product and if u draw too quick/hard you may not get a good hit....but the level.of ease using it is one reason I loved it from the get go.....pack to top ,light tamp, grind as others have stated, I have an Otto it does all the work for me lol......hope it helps!

Last edited:

kiddvudu2

Best tip I have is fill the crucible with medium grind but don't pack it. fill it full and level it off. always works best for me
That's my personal top-tip as well, the air has to be able to move through-out all the little pieces in the crucible. My #2 is I like to step-session. If I want to finish at, say, 412f, I like to do at least 1 draw at a lesser temp. This allows me to savor those early boiling terps, and also prime the heavy hitters for take-off into my brainstem!

Peese!

WildChild

Seeking My Shangri-La
image.png

While I initially resisted the idea of reading too much into their initial price decreases...just try to not speculate in the absence of verifiable facts....this cut to $125 has sort of undermined that position of mine.

$125 WITH a crucible dispenser.

I don't know what is going on, but this does not seem to be just holiday pricing. I mean, even the Fury 2 was something like $140???

I now do suspect this type of pricing to be foreshadowing of some sort of action....but I just don't know what.
I'll admit upfront that I do not own an MV1. I'm just not into vaporizers with apps and the initial issues scared me off. I do, however, understand from reading this thread that most folks are very happy with their purchase.

I have to agree with you, @Baron23 , this drastic price reduction is HIGHLY suspect. If it isn't a matter of the company soon going out of business, you would expect any progressive manufacturer to a least give a hint. Nothing.

Just don't want folks getting screwed if they purchase these discounted units and soon find there is no longer support. Even if they are selling off MV1s to raise money for the MV2 launch...that is still worrisome.

I truly hope I am wrong and that everyone will be satisfied. The best of luck to you all!

DISCLAIMER: I have absolutely no issues with Ghost. I would have made my comments above about ANY company in this situation.

Choices

So what color would MV1 users recommend in order? I can disregard the colors sold out when I go to purchase one. Mostly asking as it relates to reliability and the Stealth model...

Choices,

Djsleepy

So what color would MV1 users recommend in order? I can disregard the colors sold out when I go to purchase one. Mostly asking as it relates to reliability and the Stealth model...

I have been going with satin silver, my use was too hard on stealth latches (heck I'm too hard on all of them)....supposedly has lowest return rate , if that even matters??......

Djsleepy,
Reactions: tashian

Relaxed

This Space For Rent
i couldn't resist, just ordered up a satin silver as I already have a stealth. Any bet's I get the new unit before the replacement battery?

Relaxed,

kitkatjam22

I have been going with satin silver, my use was too hard on stealth latches (heck I'm too hard on all of them)....supposedly has lowest return rate , if that even matters??......

I got interested in this vape pretty much today, in research for buying a crafty plus or mighty...

some things concern me with the MV1, but at $125, it is almost worth just going for, I feel like.

I want the stealth, but don’t like seeing that it has had more issues... how can it be that the color alone can make a difference in the quality of the latch etc.?

I’m also concerned about the rumors that a MV2 could come out soon, or that the company could be going out of business...

lastly, I’m concerned it sounds like you have to clean this thing daily... sounds like a small hassle.

still worth it considering the price?

kitkatjam22,

Jqcj5

I received a reply from Ghost CS, it may be too late to stop the Stealth from shipping. They offered to return to sender and issue a refund so I could order the one i wanted. Not too bad.

kiddvudu2

Woo hoo!!!!! I'm in...who's next????? :brow:...... come on....
Slept on it, arose B4 the sun, had a contemplative crucible, and pulled the trigger!

These were the tipping points:
1) there is no way I can put anything other than CUSTOMER SERVICE in this top spot.

2) this is easily my favorite unit in my possession currently, if GV disappears, I see this as an inexpensive way to future proof for a little longer if nothing else comes along.

3) I do not own a mighty, but seriously considered it. But for me, knowing how easy it is to keep this unit clean plus having spare parts now was the factor.

4) I will not unbox the new one until after Christmas time at least. If something new and shiny does come along I can afford to dump this even at a little bit of a loss.

Peese!

Jqcj5

So Ghost wasn't able to stop my shipment before switching from the Stealth to Satin Silver. Should I have them reroute the package back, get the refund and reorder? I already have a SS and got the Stealth because the extremely low $ and for the cool factor.

I'm leaning toward just staying with the Stealth knowing that I'll have to be careful with the latch.

How about that legit free 2 day air shipping? I'm headed out of town tonight and the package will be delivered tomorrow, lol. It will be sitting outside till Saturday.

Last edited:

ginolicious

Really contemplating this now. Have it in my cart ready to check out. Can’t decide on my colour. But I also not sure if I want an on demand convection vape. I got into the Haze Square early release and was very unhappy with how that turned out. Then I got a Flowermate V5 nano for free and love that thing for it ease Of use.

ginolicious,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Djsleepy

Really contemplating this now. Have it in my cart ready to check out. Can’t decide on my colour. But I also not sure if I want an on demand convection vape. I got into the Haze Square early release and was very unhappy with how that turned out. Then I got a Flowermate V5 nano for free and love that thing for it ease Of use.

Do it! Trust!

Top Bottom