Discontinued Ghost MV1

kiddvudu2

One thing they have definitely accomplished is some extra wear/tear on my F5 button (refreshing forum pages like a neurotic)! Lol. I have one in my cart (satin silver), but just can't pull the trigger for excitement about a potential successor. I have an active warranty claim in process right now that was responded to and replacement shipped the same day I put the support request in. So, Virgil is still doing his thing as good as any vape company CS rep ever has. I dunno what's up, but my warranty is still good for a few more months and I don't want 2 MV1's (yet) if there is something new and shiny on the horizon. I WISH we'd get an update from GV before this fire-sale ends on the MV1, but I suppose all I can do is remain tuned-in.

Peese!

Jqcj5

I got a satin silver in a trade with a bunch of little extras a couple of months or so ago. The wife likes it and I always wanted one. I quickly bought a couple crucible dispensers, quick charger and an extra battery.
I have a bunch of other vapes so this one doesn't get used much.
Anyway to get a brand new one with another crucible dispenser for $125 shipped, no tax or shipping, I had to do it.

Maybe I'll ebay the older one. I'm sure I'll get at least my $125 back.

dron19

One thing they have definitely accomplished is some extra wear/tear on my F5 button (refreshing forum pages like a neurotic)! Lol. I have one in my cart (satin silver), but just can't pull the trigger for excitement about a potential successor. I have an active warranty claim in process right now that was responded to and replacement shipped the same day I put the support request in. So, Virgil is still doing his thing as good as any vape company CS rep ever has. I dunno what's up, but my warranty is still good for a few more months and I don't want 2 MV1's (yet) if there is something new and shiny on the horizon. I WISH we'd get an update from GV before this fire-sale ends on the MV1, but I suppose all I can do is remain tuned-in.

Peese!
Absolutely! same for me as I'd rather spend the $$ towards the new shiney bit. provided there will be one! Maybe a 2 for 1 sale this weekend? Lmfao!!

Logcabinman

I couldn’t resist. I just purchased a second one to satisfy my desire to have a second battery. Which I was perfectly willing to pay $60, so for an extra $65 I got another crucible holder and MV1.

wow, they’re obviously dumping product to get rid of it. I bet by Black Friday or cyber Monday they go public with $125 deal to clear more inventory.

the only two options I see are going out of business sale or preparing for a new model introduction imminently, where they don’t see the new and old models selling side by side. Not sure which though. I suspect new model, but who knows. I do think they could have handled this all way differently and not disenfranchised the user base so much.

dron19

VAS is starting to take over!!! Had the black/chrome in my cart twice card out ..... decisions decisions

dron19

I think this is the only vape I own that actually feels and looks like it’s worth $300 and I own the good ones , for $125 you gotta be kidding me nothing comes close
Absolutely without a doubt very well made and heft in the hand is nice!

So will the MV2 be $300+?
That's what I'm betting and only reason I'm hesitating. rather do $300 than a total of $500 on old + new + new accessories

Last edited:

Djsleepy

Man I have been trying to get one of these and now for some reason my saved address won't take even if I manually change it, they had to open a ticket.....don't you guys buy em all.....lol

Last edited:

Jqcj5

The black chrome was sold out this morning. I got a Stealth - I hope it works, lol.

Isn't it true that the Stealth version had more issues than the others?

I may be keeping the Satin Silver too just in case.

kiddvudu2

The black chrome was sold out this morning. I got a Stealth - I hope it works, lol.

Isn't it true that the Stealth version had more issues than the others?

I may be keeping the Satin Silver too just in case.

The stealth was prone to broken latches and peeling of heat sink coating early on. I wish I could be sure that there was some type of quality fix implemented for the latch. I can get past the peeling heat sink. I still use my old stealth heat sink which is still peeling, but it's only the external coating, the inside of it doesn't have a coating. Either way, I'd love to have another stealth unit, but don't want to risk a broken latch. The satin silver has been a tank for myself and I got it based on a recommendation from @Djsleepy. I'm about 2 beers away from pulling the trigger on the satin silver I have in my cart! The anxiety is pulling me towards a crucible!!!

Peese!

Djsleepy

The stealth was prone to broken latches and peeling of heat sink coating early on. I wish I could be sure that there was some type of quality fix implemented for the latch. I can get past the peeling heat sink. I still use my old stealth heat sink which is still peeling, but it's only the external coating, the inside of it doesn't have a coating. Either way, I'd love to have another stealth unit, but don't want to risk a broken latch. The satin silver has been a tank for myself and I got it based on a recommendation from @Djsleepy. I'm about 2 beers away from pulling the trigger on the satin silver I have in my cart! The anxiety is pulling me towards a crucible!!!

Peese!

Soon as they get me fixed I'm ordering another silver......

kiddvudu2

Soon as they get me fixed I'm ordering another silver......

Yeah, I'm prolly gonna do the same thing. My replacement tracking info says it'll be here 2moro sometime. I might not make it that long though. haha. I'm receiving a SS and gonna order another SS. Are you in the same boat?

Peese!

kiddvudu2,
Reactions: dron19

Djsleepy

Yeah, I'm prolly gonna do the same thing. My replacement tracking info says it'll be here 2moro sometime. I might not make it that long though. haha. I'm receiving a SS and gonna order another SS. Are you in the same boat?

Peese!

Yup....one I got right now is killing it! Just.baby the latch....

Djsleepy,
Top Bottom