Discontinued Ghost MV1

Tranquility

Yeah i wasnt discrediting the threat twords @Gibarian just stating that if he didn't fabricate the off gassing then he doesn't fall into the category of legal action required.. .
Do you have any idea about how "legal action" works? The "if" is what the hard part is all about. "If" @Gibarian were to admit he fabricated the off gassing, then everything is just a matter of law and all the court would have to do is determine damages. All of the people arguing about the statement as though it was some digital if/then gate are missing the point. It was a legal threat. One where a company of any real capitalization can make to hinder negative statements.

Does anyone know how much it would cost to defend a defamation-type (As there could be many torts--depending on the state.) lawsuit? Even if @Gibarian could absolutely prove his findings, you're still talking about tens of thousands of dollars for attorneys and experts to get a decision on the "if".

elykpeace

exVASted
@OldNewbie yeah man. I'm pretty sure how legal action works.

@Gibarian already said no one's tried to get into contact with him which makes the "threat" pretty useless. I saw it as a warning to ANYONE trying to tarnish their new reputation.

@Gibarian did you return the device/talk to either ghost or vapecritic? I would think that would be the next step

elykpeace,

elykpeace

exVASted

Lmao good show!
@WakeAndVape

Now if I had ice T come at me with a subpoena if be a little worried.

I wonder if this was the legal action they were contacting
ICE+T+LAW+AND+ORDER+SVU.jpg

LabPong

So which narrative is correct, is this thing tanking or succeeding because I can't tell.. :hmm:

An app store approval snafu could derail this whole train :2c:

:sherlock:

That depends on if you want to wait for some of the kinks to get worked out....parts and software. So obviously you can't judge it at it's release level potential that it should of had until those changes are made....and they are not that far away....days. It's actual build quality is "Apple Like" and makes my Arizer A look like a toy in comparison... even though the Arizer is simple/minimal in design.

App store prob would not derail as ghost can offer software with out a store for temp use. Basically some units need to be reset to default. Then you can tweak the settings properly from there if at all needed.

Vaporcussion

So which narrative is correct, is this thing tanking or succeeding because I can't tell.. :hmm:

An app store approval snafu could derail this whole train :2c:

This is the problem with vapes being dependent on apps; imo an app should only enhance, or offer extra preferences.
Ghost could have simply released the vape when the app was ready, smh. I for one, need to understand the whole user experience before plunking down $300+

Because of this, it's too early to answer your question!

elykpeace

exVASted
Patrick told me they are having a R&D meeting and test briefing tommorow. Also that he would be happy to give me an update then with some further info on the App. (I asked some questions;
"how the app will allow an update on firmware and possibly remedy any battery life and over heating .. any thing else? Like I said I'd love to share any info I can to my fellow forum members"

I should receive mine tommorow.. I'll report back with anything I can.. good or bad.

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
This is the problem with vapes being dependent on apps; imo an app should only enhance, or offer extra preferences.
Ghost could have simply released the vape when the app was ready, smh. I for one, need to understand the whole user experience before plunking down $300+

Because of this, it's too early to answer your question!

The units that were (are being? will be?) sold were never intended to be dependent on the app. They fuct up.

GEED

Gaseouser
did you return the device/talk to either ghost or vapecritic? I would think that would be the next step
I honestly lost my trust. I think sending it for inspection of any sort is just biased already for me. I would totally go with a trusted FC member's independent opinion, or more likely to meet and I could show it. Its appropriate right here to express my gigantic THANK for all the support and backup I've got in here, on FC! Both as comments and PMs, many people showed their support and sympathy, along with a few who tried their new vape the same way I did, and confirmed me. I just cannot say how cool this feels.
So it still does offgassing, but not far now to burn it out completely, in ratio to the heat-ups I've done already - kept observing with lights and I'm positive it still ongoing but not for long now. However I'd like to keep it this state, so if any more proof needed I can still provide. However I'd like to emphasize to please see my video with a very critical eye, such as:
-if fake, what could possibly produce those fumes? How can someone forge a slow, steady, thin, whiteish-blueish stream of fumes so evenly? Hair (pubice or not), tobacco, plastics or oils of some sort will all produce significantly more smoke, as ignition points are way lower than glowing coil's output.
-User already have these kind of vids on his channel, and other vapes in his videos are already heavily documented for offgassing.
-Is any trusted and reliable FC member posted a fresh out of box unit filmed and tested the same way?
I mean I would probably be sceptic (especially that they probably well prepare every units before postage from now on :D ) but still...

TBH other than words I'd love to see another video on the subject with either confirming or disproving mine.

On the other hand, remember my tweaks:

-You may assemble the top heat exchanger without the ceramic cylinder, for hotter vapor, but no scratching glass against the ceramic. You may also put a tinfoil lining inside the cylinder, so glass can slide on, but ceramic is protected. Dont cover the two tiny holes. Or wait for new mouthpieces, without the rims, so will not rub. Still wobbling around a bit probably, but not as close to ceramic as before.
-It is probably worth to be used as an "unregulated" convection unit, to avoid overheating. As per promise, this will be solved with an app.

The situation I got in leaves me no choice but to keep this vape, so as of a next step I am thinking about to make two oval steel rings, precisely matching the size of the silicon parts in question, and covering them off heat. Not rocket science.

Gibs

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
Elephant in the room alert:

This vape has an ingenious air/vapor flow design.

air/vapor
down/up
outside/in

Like a thermal "high five" as the flows interact

Those fins, creating channels. Good, damned good
Are these channels good? I know it cools down the vapor but also condesation from the honey ...does the mp assembly need to be constantly cleaned??

How's maintenance @ShayWhiteGrow @ChooChooCharlie @Baron23
Are you having to clean a lot to get good results (mucking up quickly?)
Actually cleaning so far has been done with a few swipes of an alcohol wipe. I prally used it over 100 draws easy already. That tiny ring of adjacent silicone barely gets some spects on it but a quick wipe once so far and done. 3min tops. If you'd like deeper clean soak the mp parts overnight but not necessary for me so far.:tup:

elykpeace

exVASted
The same guy said it was naturally produced just from use.

He says the amount of herb he used was ~2g in addition to some concentrates and it produced that much condensate.

The guy's name is @technoHippie and as long as we're cross posting pictures:

zhtgezuekozzwdnc.jpg

17lskwlo7jlav42v.jpg

rz9n7tgyot2h56vw.jpg

I've gotta say thanks to that guy for his experiment :wave:

This technology fella must be doin something different @ShayWhiteGrow have you just been using it dry?

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
^^I suspect some of that might be actual concentrate. I’ve found that if you put too much on the pad it can bubble up the sides or even straight up thru the lid to the sink holes. You probably want to hit concentrate keeping the unit vertical (think gravity and a viscous material.) You gotta season the pad kind of carefully if you want it to yield a ton of hits without making a mess. It can be done and is crazy! And don’t lay it on it’s back if it’s loaded full of goo cuz, durr, gravity... take the crucible out and leave the holder open to cool with the unit on its back unless you’re daring. Sucks you can’t really trust standing it up... but maybe that’s a good thing. As long as everyone using it knows or it will clunk over eventually...

elykpeace

exVASted
Better not faking it!! :goon:

:p:lmao:

.. but seriously I meant dry herbs or concentrate .. and I'm thinking with all these dips and curves for the honey to get trapped in the heat sink? Possible right?

Ghost overnighted my unit but I still need insight haha

Edit: @Bologna that makes sense . I hoped that it was not all condensation

elykpeace,

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
If you treat this thing like an asshole it will give it right back. (In fact, I think that’s already been visually documented)

Bologna,

ChooChooCharlie

Please don't fear that it will be difficult to clean. It's not.

In fact, it's on the easy side of vape cleaning IMO.
Know my word "channels" may sound uncleanable. Nope.

You can do it surface style with an iso moistened q-tip, or you can do the lazy man's iso baggie in hot water bath, but good idea to isolate the glass mouthpiece.

I think this vape has an amazing air/vapor path design

(but it does not make cleaning difficult)

Vaporcussion

I think this vape has an amazing air/vapor path design

It sure looks like it. I'm hoping this vape can reach that incredibly potent FF2 flavor with the ease of a Mighty draw. You own all these vapes. How would you compare flavor with FF2? Is the draw really more open than the Mighty?

For flavor, I rate the Mighty an "A" , but the FF2 an "A+" Thoughts?

Top Bottom