Discontinued Ghost MV1

Some-new-user

Anyone got any deep cleaning tips for the crucibles? Mine seem to be stained now, I was thinking of trying them in a pan with some salt water - similar to how you would clean a glass bubbler?

Not really wanting to go out and buy an ultrasonic cleaner unless this absolutely is the dogs uu's way to clean. I've soaked in ISO and had a good brush - it's mainly the holes in the bottom of the crucible that's bugging me.

wastedpotential

Anyone got any deep cleaning tips for the crucibles? Mine seem to be stained now, I was thinking of trying them in a pan with some salt water - similar to how you would clean a glass bubbler?

Not really wanting to go out and buy an ultrasonic cleaner unless this absolutely is the dogs uu's way to clean. I've soaked in ISO and had a good brush - it's mainly the holes in the bottom of the crucible that's bugging me.
Interesting. I don't have any issues with cleaning the crucibles.
I just dropped them in the ISO, pull them out, brush them and wipe down with a paper towel, done.

Ripstar

After a manual calibration and some more time spent with the unit, there was some user error on my end. Now, the unit is perfect and I LOVE this thing. It's so nice for just chilling on the couch and hitting on demand. Amazing vapor and huge clouds!! I have been using amber 3 and the taste is great. So fricking happy with this thing!

Some-new-user

@wastedpotential that's my usual go to but I felt like they needed a little more. They're currently bubbling away in some salt water. Pulled a few out, got the brush right in the holes and I'm quite happy with where they are.

@ClearBlueLou thanks. Something to bear in mind although I'll probable look at something like bicarbonate of soda and vinegar or something similar next time.

Some-new-user

Thanks @Summer we didn't have baking soda in. Closest was more salt and yes a toothbrush. Been about an hour now scrubbing and dunking and scrubbing. Just one final dunk in some fresh clean(still boiling)water to get the salt off. 14 very clean crucibles. Worth it for me there is one that seems more stained than the others but everything is back to 95/98% new. I guess I'll treat myself to another crucible holder soon. I love just being able to load and go with this piece

Some-new-user,
Reactions: Summer

Brewervapesalot

Dilluted bleach solution soaked with the crucibles. Rinse well and dry well with heat to evaporate chlorine residue.

Hydrogen peroxide will also bleach most anything white and has no residue at all.

Last edited:

ClearBlueLou

unbearably light in the being....
Maybe a little baking soda paste on a toothbrush to scour, rinse well? I don't let the stains bother me.
I used to be all about that...but as I’ve gotten older, “looking brand new” has become much less important *being clean enough*.

I’m sure part of it is the utter lack of being sick/dead after all this time...that and raising children

Thanks @Summer we didn't have baking soda in. Closest was more salt and yes a toothbrush. Been about an hour now scrubbing and dunking and scrubbing. Just one final dunk in some fresh clean(still boiling)water to get the salt off. 14 very clean crucibles. Worth it for me there is one that seems more stained than the others but everything is back to 95/98% new. I guess I'll treat myself to another crucible holder soon. I love just being able to load and go with this piece
I use PBW at a very high concentration and I heat it up in microwave with crucible in solution. U can reuse the PBW many times. PBW very good for organic matter.

Djsleepy

So I've been using piece of hose to stabilize stem .....which works great ....so I was cutting more hose as.I have multiple heatsinks.....and I didn't realize one was cut a little longer than the others .....guess what I found.....that "sweet spot" I've heard.about.....OMG! I recommend everyone find.their.own sweet spot..... everyone's is different.due to their own draw.speed...it's unreal! Every single hit now knocks me back....I'm thinking about getting a ring for.this.relationship lol!!!!!!!

Just received my MV1 Stealth in the mail, battery(ies) are currently charging. Overall, mostly impressed with the build quality.

The heat sink is the only thing that I am disappointed with so far. Small strip on ledge of the back-side of the sink is showing bare metal. Also, while I was drying out the inside of the heat sink with a q-tip after rinsing, I noticed some of the coating coming off, leaving the q-tips dirty with dark, soot-like smears. Some small strips and pieces of the coating came out as well - gentle wiping only, no scrubbing. Issue with the "Electrophoretic Deposition" coating? Anything to be concerned of? Not a fan of that being in the air path.

Djsleepy

Just received my MV1 Stealth in the mail, battery(ies) are currently charging. Overall, mostly impressed with the build quality.

The heat sink is the only thing that I am disappointed with so far. Small strip on ledge of the back-side of the sink is showing bare metal. Also, while I was drying out the inside of the heat sink with a q-tip after rinsing, I noticed some of the coating coming off, leaving the q-tips dirty with dark, soot-like smears. Some small strips and pieces of the coating came out as well - gentle wiping only, no scrubbing. Issue with the "Electrophoretic Deposition" coating? Anything to be concerned of? Not a fan of that being in the air path.

Contact ghost from here ......pm them.....they will get.it fixed quick!

Some-new-user

Thank you all for the input regarding cleaning. Very helpful, I'll definitely be trying a few techniques - PBW sounds appealing - I hadn't looked in to it much before. Either the salt or the extra effort of scrubbing (+heat??) did the trick.

Just enjoying a nice clean crucible, hope you're all doing well. :sherlock:

buckhakeesah

Hey all, thought I'd drop by to say that my ghost has been great since getting it back from customer service. Unfortunately, I think I'm going to have to let mine go. The sound emitted as it is starting the heater is beginning to become an issue in my household. My significant other has started to develop tinnitus and I cannot use this around her. People familiar with this health issue can maybe relate.

I want to thank everyone who helped me find my way to acquiring one.

Last edited by a moderator:

ClearBlueLou

unbearably light in the being....
That’s completely weird, neither of mine have made a sound (other than the movement of air)

ClearBlueLou,
Reactions: arb

buckhakeesah

That’s completely weird, neither of mine have made a sound (other than the movement of air)
Really? You don't hear an eeeEEEEEE sound.... if you put your ear up against it? I can hear mine without even putting it to my ear. My wifey can hear it sitting across from me on the couch. I already knew about this before buying mine. I just didn't think it would affect her so much, to the point where I think its best to for me to move it along.

MinnBobber

Really? You don't hear an eeeEEEEEE sound.... if you put your ear up against it? I can hear mine without even putting it to my ear. My wifey can hear it sitting across from me on the couch. I already knew about this before buying mine. I just didn't think it would affect her so much, to the point where I think its best to for me to move it along.
I'm hard of hearing so don't notice any sound with MV-1

That's interesting about your wife's hearing. My wife's super power is smell.
I have touched one cannabis bud, in a room at the far other side of the house,
and when returning she said, "have you been smoking, I can smell it"?

buckhakeesah

I remember you mentioning this to me last year. Next time we part, it will have to be after a celebratory bowl. I still regret we didn't get to make that happen last time. I hope you're well my friend, pickle balling and sharing your insights with patients. Be well!

buckhakeesah,
Reactions: analytika

stinkytofus

Hey all, thought I'd drop by to say that my ghost has been great since getting it back from customer service. Unfortunately, I think I'm going to have to let mine go. The sound emitted as it is starting the heater is beginning to become an issue in my household. My significant other has started to develop tinnitus and I cannot use this around her. People familiar with this health issue can maybe relate.

I want to thank everyone who helped me find my way to acquiring one.
Use it without her in the room

Maybe ghost can come out with update to let u close the sound off from app, that would fix it

stinkytofus,
Reactions: Summer
Top Bottom