• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Ghost MV1

DryBonesufo

Bought the ghost an hr away from me. On that note, the owner realized that and gave me the vape at 250 flat.
First impression:
The look of the vape let’s just say CAN be discreet. Looking at mods look now a days, yes there maybe stares but I reall don’t see and issue. Especially with the low draw resistance , you can hear the air as are most vapes with air holes. The feel of the vape is amazing. There are vapes in the high end price range where plastic is mainly used to house the unit; fire fly 2, mighty, this vape truly feels elegant and you really get that feeling where I get what I paid for.
Vapor:
I will be updating this as I go but these are my Initial out of the box review. Battery was dead needed charging. I left the ghost charge overnight and was not fully charged but I was eager to just get a taste of the ghost.
I’ve heard there isn’t a learning curve which is still to be tested. I got one really really amazing cloud and the rest was so so. Again further testing and review will a full battery charge. The effects that I got from that cloud though.. supberb.

These are my initial thoughts on the ghost so far. Full review tomorrow. I am going to test this baby out in the Chicago weather when charged!

stinkytofus

If u want flavors, vape at amber 1-3, 1 usually the best and most flavorful
If u want clouds, hit it at 4 and 5
Dont pull the mp out too far out, i think 1/2" out works best
Also dont vape till battery is dead, this kills the battery life, id say charge it with an usb cable, slow charging is best, whenever you get a chance, if u really need it to be juiced up, then you can grab the fast charger
If u go out bring a pouch to put the mv1 in, accidents happen

DryBonesufo

The manual says to keep it charge til the led light goes out. But the app tells me it’s full battery. Do I wait for the led or go by the app. Eager to start my review on this elegant machine, that it is.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Disclaimer: My wife works for Ghost Vapes. Take that into consideration when reading my posts in this thread. I will attempt to present factual, impartial information on Ghost products, but won't blame you one bit if you think I am biased towards this company.

The manual says to keep it charge til the led light goes out. But the app tells me it’s full battery. Do I wait for the led or go by the app. Eager to start my review on this elegant machine, that it is.

Go with the LED.

DryBonesufo

Disclaimer: My wife works for Ghost Vapes. Take that into consideration when reading my posts in this thread. I will attempt to present factual, impartial information on Ghost products, but won't blame you one bit if you think I am biased towards this company.

Go with the LED.
Thank you much! I should have gotten the fast charger lmao

sixstringsmash

Hey guys just want to share the awesome experience I had with ghost CS. Got my MV1 in a few weeks ago and been putting it through it's rounds. Suffice to say I noticed the other day that my heat sink seems to have suffered from the peeling paint issue also. I was pretty perturbed but sent a PM to Nerissa over here with a picture of what happened and my experience couldn't have been more smooth.

Nerissa responded by apologizing and telling me as soon as the offices open up over the holiday weekend that they would start a ticket and get to the bottom of it(President's day weekend, completely understandable!). I was expecting to get an email from their CS having to go through hoops and bounds and answer a million questions to get a replacement sink, but Virgil sent me an email today. He didn't ask me for anything, just simply said they have a replacement heat sink packaged and getting shipped out to me today. No questions, nothing. Just here ya go let's replace this faulty part and get you going! They don't even want me to send the peeled unit back, and told me it's completely safe to still use so now I have a backup heat sink too! Gotta say you guys are fantastic, please never change!

John Coaltrain

A brief preview of my full review. Mighty and fire fly 2, oh yeah Davinci IQ. Yup you too Air. Time to hung it up. There’s a new sheriff in town. Where do you think you’re going Milanna, you hung em up too now.

If I had a penny for every time I purchased a new vaporizer and said to myself: 'This vaporizer checks all the boxes: I'm going to sell all the others' – well, I'd have enough to buy an MV1.

I'm glad I've opted to keep 'all the others.'

DryBonesufo

If I had a penny for every time I purchased a new vaporizer and said to myself: 'This vaporizer checks all the boxes: I'm going to sell all the others' – well, I'd have enough to but a MV1.
I’ll explain soon in my full review. But it really does kind of boil down to preference. I am telling you, as someone whose had their hands on top tier known vapes aside of the Haze brand ( I think Pax is awful by the way) the MV1 is the most potent vapor out there and for convection units, the easiest.

Some-new-user

Only things that have me 'vas'sing at the moment are the rbt stuff and a cloud evo. Im still using my other vapes but not as much.

How much do we have to beg these guys to do a desktop model? Anything in comparison? Saw a few mentioned a few pages ago. I'm very in to microdosing but just about to fill my volcano up and play some guitar

Cheesequake

Free Men Don't Ask
the MV1 is the most potent vapor out there and for convection units
That's just like, your opinion man. :p

I can get just as big or bigger hits from my Milaana. All in the technique. Grasshopper gives WAAAAAAAY bigger/more potent hits too since there's no 15 second cutoff....or any cutoff at all.
8fcfb417087af54dbb9241b926401c83.jpg

Last edited:

DryBonesufo

Hey guys just want to share the awesome experience I had with ghost CS. Got my MV1 in a few weeks ago and been putting it through it's rounds. Suffice to say I noticed the other day that my heat sink seems to have suffered from the peeling paint issue also. I was pretty perturbed but sent a PM to Nerissa over here with a picture of what happened and my experience couldn't have been more smooth.

Nerissa responded by apologizing and telling me as soon as the offices open up over the holiday weekend that they would start a ticket and get to the bottom of it(President's day weekend, completely understandable!). I was expecting to get an email from their CS having to go through hoops and bounds and answer a million questions to get a replacement sink, but Virgil sent me an email today. He didn't ask me for anything, just simply said they have a replacement heat sink packaged and getting shipped out to me today. No questions, nothing. Just here ya go let's replace this faulty part and get you going! They don't even want me to send the peeled unit back, and told me it's completely safe to still use so now I have a backup heat sink too! Gotta say you guys are fantastic, please never change!
That's just like, your opinion man. :p

I can get just as big or bigger hits from my Milaana. All in the technique. Grasshopper gives WAAAAAAAY bigger/more potent hits too since there's no 15 second cutoff....or any cutoff at all.
8fcfb417087af54dbb9241b926401c83.jpg
milanna.. has a tendency to be too hot, and yes it will char you herbs. Plus how the hell are you going to explain a wooden box and a stem as a vape mod discreetly. Grasshopper ? Be sure to wear that condom on the tip because that shit is too hot. You might as well just be combusting if using the hopper. THAT is my opinion. Stay high my friend!

Plus the Ghost you don’t need a technique. No learning curve

Last edited by a moderator:

stinkytofus

Ghost mv1 is easier to use than milaana
Probably the most discreet portable vape i have, i love bringing it out, switch crucibles anytime
Try swapping out herbs outside with milaana or da vinci, its not as easy nor fast
Then use phone to switch temps, i can go thru all 5 levels within 2-3 mins lol

Love it

Last edited:

DryBonesufo

Ghost MV1 review.

The Ghost MV1 is revolutionary in the world of dry herb vaporizers. One thing is sure, it came out at the perfect time.

The MV1 is a full CONVECTION vaporizer. Unlike the Mighty/Crafty, Da Vinci IQ, Arizer, it is either a hybrid of conduction and convection or conduction. The only true convection units out there that I have come across are the swift pro, boundless CFV, and Fire Fly 2. I have never owned the first two but I do own actually the first fire fly and the 2nd. Fireflies had a learning curve. I would say, a steep learning curve especially when trying to teach your buddies. Discretion with the fireflies? Forget it, I’ve tried holding the firefly 2 like I I would with an e cig but it does not work like that. Like I said before in my initial box out of the box review, the MV1 CAN be discreet, look at these vapes with pod systems https://vapordna.com/collections/pod-systems/ Simply pass it as a pod vape but just more efficient. But mods nowadays look a lot crazier than this vape.

This unit produces the most potent vapor I have ever smoked out of any portable unit. The Mighty was supreme but you get that initial high and since it is conduction/convection it will continue to burn contributing to the massive clouds it produces. The effects are there but I find myself wearing off of it pretty quickly. The taste of those units are amazing but the taste and vapor quality of the Ghost is beyond that. The effects last longer. It’s almost like a giant one hitter. That initial first hit is so strong that it just makes you wonder where the hell you are and what the hell just happened depending on the temperature. The preset temperatures are all great and will produce clouds. I usually have my first hit at around 415. If I want to last it longer I stick to my preset of 397.

The hit off the 415 I can get two amazing giant draws with a half packed crucible.

I have always done what I do call the “pinch” test with all of the new toys I buy. In a situation where you find little flower around let’s say, at the bottom of your baggie or jar, you have loose material, Sometimes just doing a one hit won’t do the trick. You want it to last long and savor it if you can right? The Arizer Solo, passed that the “pinch” test with flying colors, amazing at using it at the highest temperature. The Mighty also passed by pressing down what left flower you have and set the vape at 410. the Ghost is up there. I used the “pinch” test on 415 and got about 3 really good draws. Now if I want to feel the whole effect all at once like a one hitter. I would switch the temp to the concentrate mode. Full extraction, no combustion, huge clouds, all the effects rushing at you at once. No other vape can do that in an instant. I have noticed that the vape does tend to overheat after I would three continuous uses on the temps.

At the time of this review I am still working out kinks, wondering if anyone else has the mouth piece sorta leaning towards one side or do I have to adjust the mouth piece all the time? I have also ran into an issues with my units back peeling off... contacted customer service and Bruce from Ghost assured that they will send a replacement unit with a return label for me to send this unit back.

FANTASTIC customer service, I able still able to enjoy the Ghost a new unit coming soon. You guys rock so far.

I have also tried this out in public in the Chicago cold weather and works like a charm. Being cold really helps with the effects of having even a bigger cloud so it’s more discreet. Stay tune for a follow during the summer.

The smell of the unit is non existent. I will never buy a Pax ever again because of the stench left behind by the abv and residue even after emptying the chamber. I remember walking into a bar after vaping my pax and emptying it out. Even had a cigarette before I walked in, and yes I smelled like weed.

More discreet? Yes, but more well known in the outside community as well but with Juuls nowadays Pax is still discreet. Just not after you smoke it. Same with all other units. Haven’t tried the Haze square yet or the Argo. Maybe one day.

Cons:

-Tends to over heat to easily

I contacted CS again and gave me some pointers on how to prevent it. I heard that the Stealth version has new updates to the heat sink. That would be amazing if they decided to replace my unit with the stealth. I have the all silver or they say on the box, nickel model.

-Mouthpiece as mentioned before seems to be leaning towards one side and seems like I have to adjust it as I take my pull. More testing needed.

Some may see it as a con but

-without the app you are stuck on the 3 set temps and the custom temp I believe was around 401. I don’t remember

The crucible loading does take a little used to, after two of three tries you’ll be a natural.

-weight, it is the heaviest I know of on the portable side.

-loading. Taking the crucible in and out is a pain. Also it gets hot. But if you just let the vape sit for a bit, or even open the chamber and blow on it or when the unit if off standby mode, cold air the intake. Blow in it gently to cool it down. Trust me you hit this, you’ll be sitting on your ass anyways so it’ll cool down.

-battery charging. UGH good luck if you’re like me with just the usb.. TAKES forever. The fast charger if possible, cop that with this vape.

Pros:

-Excellent and potent vapor- if you can’t take the ghost with you. Take a giant hit and you’ll be good. The vapor is so potent, smacks you in the face.

-No learning curve

-Zero draw resistance

-Ease of use

-App functionality

-Discreet. (YES stay calm, replace your pod with the liquid pad with crucible, bring some juice, security asked wtf if that, it’s a mod show them the pod system, your juice and your golden). Even in my review there are pods that look crazy and mods crazier. Be smooth if there’s not bud there is no reason for them to take that shit. They would have no cause. If that still scares you, leave the Ghost at home or if you know you can have time to take it with you, take a hit then take a vape pen with you, then your good to go.

-NO SMELL

-CUSTOMER SERVICE

After contacting Bruce about the peeling of my unit in the back, no hesitation, offered to send a new unit with a return label so I can still use my ghost while waiting for the replacement. FUCKING top notch. I Have never dealt with any of my other vapes customer service but let’s just say, Ghost Vapor, thank you , you guys set the bar for other manufacturers.

Please let me know if you guys any questions. Thank you FC community for allowing me to share my thoughts!

Shout outs to Wavy vaporizers, Sneaky Pete, Vapecritic, 420Vape, and 420 science. All of these youtubers have allowed me to make my judgement on purchasing this vape. Thank you for all your reviews. “Stay wavy”, “Stay cloudy”, and “Stay up”.

Last edited:

Djsleepy

-Mouthpiece as mentioned before seems to be leaning towards one side and seems like I have to adjust it as I take my pull

A few.of us do this....... once you find how far.pulled out you like stem.....take some old vape hose(mine is a.da.Buddha hose) and cut piece to desired height and slide on stem .....lays flat on heatsink.cover thereby stabilizing stem...hope it helps

Edit: if anyone else tries this....post your results pls!

Last edited:

DryBonesufo

Ghost MV1 review.

The Ghost MV1 is revolutionary in the world of dry herb vaporizers. One thing is sure, it came out at the perfect time.

The MV1 is a full CONVECTION vaporizer. Unlike the Mighty/Crafty, Da Vinci IQ, Arizer, it is either a hybrid of conduction and convection or conduction. The only true convection units out there that I have come across are the swift pro, boundless CFV, and Fire Fly 2. I have never owned the first two but I do own actually the first fire fly and the 2nd. Fireflies had a learning curve. I would say, a steep learning curve especially when trying to teach your buddies. Discretion with the fireflies? Forget it, I’ve tried holding the firefly 2 like I I would with an e cig but it does not work like that. Like I said before in my initial box out of the box review, the MV1 CAN be discreet, look at these vapes with pod systems https://vapordna.com/collections/pod-systems/ Simply pass it as a pod vape but just more efficient. But mods nowadays look a lot crazier than this vape.

This unit produces the most potent vapor I have ever smoked out of any portable unit. The Mighty was supreme but you get that initial high and since it is conduction/convection it will continue to burn contributing to the massive clouds it produces. The effects are there but I find myself wearing off of it pretty quickly. The taste of those units are amazing but the taste and vapor quality of the Ghost is beyond that. The effects last longer. It’s almost like a giant one hitter. That initial first hit is so strong that it just makes you wonder where the hell you are and what the hell just happened depending on the temperature. The preset temperatures are all great and will produce clouds. I usually have my first hit at around 415. If I want to last it longer I stick to my preset of 397.

The hit off the 415 I can get two amazing giant draws with a half packed crucible.

I have always done what I do call the “pinch” test with all of the new toys I buy. In a situation where you find little flower around let’s say, at the bottom of your baggie or jar, you have loose material, Sometimes just doing a one hit won’t do the trick. You want it to last long and savor it if you can right? The Arizer Solo, passed that the “pinch” test with flying colors, amazing at using it at the highest temperature. The Mighty also passed by pressing down what left flower you have and set the vape at 410. the Ghost is up there. I used the “pinch” test on 415 and got about 3 really good draws. Now if I want to feel the whole effect all at once like a one hitter. I would switch the temp to the concentrate mode. Full extraction, no combustion, huge clouds, all the effects rushing at you at once. No other vape can do that in an instant. I have noticed that the vape does tend to overheat after I would three continuous uses on the temps.

At the time of this review I am still working out kinks, wondering if anyone else has the mouth piece sorta leaning towards one side or do I have to adjust the mouth piece all the time? I have also ran into an issues with my units back peeling off... contacted customer service and Bruce from Ghost assured that they will send a replacement unit with a return label for me to send this unit back.

FANTASTIC customer service, I able still able to enjoy the Ghost a new unit coming soon. You guys rock so far.

I have also tried this out in public in the Chicago cold weather and works like a charm. Being cold really helps with the effects of having even a bigger cloud so it’s more discreet. Stay tune for a follow during the summer.

The smell of the unit is non existent. I will never buy a Pax ever again because of the stench left behind by the abv and residue even after emptying the chamber. I remember walking into a bar after vaping my pax and emptying it out. Even had a cigarette before I walked in, and yes I smelled like weed.

More discreet? Yes, but more well known in the outside community as well but with Juuls nowadays Pax is still discreet. Just not after you smoke it. Same with all other units. Haven’t tried the Haze square yet or the Argo. Maybe one day.

Cons:

-Tends to over heat to easily

I contacted CS again and gave me some pointers on how to prevent it. I heard that the Stealth version has new updates to the heat sink. That would be amazing if they decided to replace my unit with the stealth. I have the all silver or they say on the box, nickel model.

-Mouthpiece as mentioned before seems to be leaning towards one side and seems like I have to adjust it as I take my pull. More testing needed.

Some may see it as a con but

-without the app you are stuck on the 3 set temps and the custom temp I believe was around 401. I don’t remember

The crucible loading does take a little used to, after two of three tries you’ll be a natural.

-weight, it is the heaviest I know of on the portable side.

-loading. Taking the crucible in and out is a pain. Also it gets hot. But if you just let the vape sit for a bit, or even open the chamber and blow on it or when the unit if off standby mode, cold air the intake. Blow in it gently to cool it down. Trust me you hit this, you’ll be sitting on your ass anyways so it’ll cool down.

-battery charging. UGH good luck if you’re like me with just the usb.. TAKES forever. The fast charger if possible, cop that with this vape.

Pros:

-Excellent and potent vapor- if you can’t take the ghost with you. Take a giant hit and you’ll be good. The vapor is so potent, smacks you in the face.

-No learning curve

-Zero draw resistance

-Ease of use

-App functionality

-Discreet. (YES stay calm, replace your pod with the liquid pad with crucible, bring some juice, security asked wtf if that, it’s a mod show them the pod system, your juice and your golden). Even in my review there are pods that look crazy and mods crazier. Be smooth if there’s not bud there is no reason for them to take that shit. They would have no cause. If that still scares you, leave the Ghost at home or if you know you can have time to take it with you, take a hit then take a vape pen with you, then your good to go.

-NO SMELL

-CUSTOMER SERVICE

After contacting Bruce about the peeling of my unit in the back, no hesitation, offered to send a new unit with a return label so I can still use my ghost while waiting for the replacement. FUCKING top notch. I Have never dealt with any of my other vapes customer service but let’s just say, Ghost Vapor, thank you , you guys set the bar for other manufacturers.

Please let me know if you guys any questions. Thank you FC community for allowing me to share my thoughts!

Shout outs to Wavy vaporizers, Sneaky Pete, Vapecritic, 420Vape, and 420 science. All of these youtubers have allowed me to make my judgement on purchasing this vape. Thank you for all your reviews. “Stay wavy”, “Stay cloudy”, and “Stay up”.
UPDATE!
Half packed crucible.. Gorilla Glue. Clouds on level 2. Enough said.

DryBonesufo

I'd love to use a half packed crucible but I can't get any vapor production unless it's full. What are you doing differently? And on level 2 only?
Is your battery charge full? I really think with the lower setting with a full charge it beasts out. I also have mine coarse grind but I tap it down just so every crucible hole is cover and some hitting the sides of the crucible to get an even vape. ESPECIALLY doing a pinch test, tap it down so it’s flat on the crucible. Then, hit the ghost. Also pull fast , remember it’s your breath that’s making the hot air. Even when I break my bud by hand, and put in let’s say enough for a chillin, full battery charge level 2, see you up here !! Let me know if you’re still having troubles.
I am excited for my replacement unit as I believe it’ll come with all the new updates. Holy moly

Now I’ve tried another strain on level 2. Half packed. Little vapor little clouds all effects. Quality of bud I have to believe is a factor as well. Keep that in mind.
Is your battery charge full? I really think with the lower setting with a full charge it beasts out. I also have mine coarse grind but I tape it down just so every crucible hole is cover and some hitting the sides of the crucible to get an even vape. ESPECIALLY doing a pinch test, tap it down so it’s flat on the crucible. Then, hit the ghost. Also pull fast , remember it’s your breath that’s making the hot air. Let me know if you’re still having troubles.
I am excited for my replacement unit as I believe it’ll come with all the new updates. Holy moly

Now I’ve tried another strain on level 2. Half packed. Little vapor little clouds all effects. Quality of bud I have to believe is a factor as well. Keep that in mind.
Now, my battery level dropped to two. And I do notice a significant amount of vapor change... again possibly another review after testing the replacement. But holy smokes does it produces like crazy on a full battery charge. Yes even on level 2

Last edited:

Djsleepy

I was so in to trying to compare the differences between my stealth and satin silver (none- just colour) that I completely overlooked the fact that I have 2 MV1's, the switch went in my head. 2 vapes simultaneously. It's beautiful.

I feel you just Like having multiple heatsinks,crucible dispenser s, and batteries........ just switch and go.....I do five or six crucibles....then switch.....heatsink and battery.....and fresh strong hits abound!:love:

Top Bottom