Ghost MV-1 Speculation and Shipping Thread

cloudsosmoke

saw this on vapelife forum
(posted 4 hours ago)

• ghostvapesofficial
    Dear Vape Life Members,

Following 2 years of intensive product development, we would like to address our first communication exclusively to the members of this forum, by thanking all of you for your interest, patience and understanding and allowing us the additional time needed to get our much-anticipated launch fully underway.

The first bit of good news is that we have not experienced an interruption in production and will soon be shipping stock to our fulfilment centre.

Unfortunately, we will not be able to start taking orders until we actually have product in our US warehouse. We really don’t want to make the mistake of taking money for orders before we physically have stock ready to ship.

We have taken the decision to launch our website next week in advance of going fully transactional, to enable you to learn more about our product and to address any questions you may have regarding Ghost Vapes and the MV1.

The other good news is that we are currently setting up a system to allow members of this forum to reserve your MV1 of choice as early as next week, with no commitment on your part and without having to pay a deposit.

This system will operate on a first come first serve basis by way of recognition for your patience and out of a sense of fairness.

Thanks again for your patience and understanding, our number one priority is your satisfaction.

The Team at Ghost

so maybe you can make a no deposit reservation next week
(..if you register at vape life forum)

Icon13

Serial Vapist
(posted 4 hours ago)

• ghostvapesofficial
    Dear Vape Life Members,

Following 2 years of intensive product development, we would like to address our first communication exclusively to the members of this forum, by thanking all of you for your interest, patience and understanding and allowing us the additional time needed to get our much-anticipated launch fully underway.

The first bit of good news is that we have not experienced an interruption in production and will soon be shipping stock to our fulfilment centre.

Unfortunately, we will not be able to start taking orders until we actually have product in our US warehouse. We really don’t want to make the mistake of taking money for orders before we physically have stock ready to ship.

We have taken the decision to launch our website next week in advance of going fully transactional, to enable you to learn more about our product and to address any questions you may have regarding Ghost Vapes and the MV1.

The other good news is that we are currently setting up a system to allow members of this forum to reserve your MV1 of choice as early as next week, with no commitment on your part and without having to pay a deposit.

This system will operate on a first come first serve basis by way of recognition for your patience and out of a sense of fairness.

Thanks again for your patience and understanding, our number one priority is your satisfaction.

The Team at Ghost

That sounds awesome. Thank you for keeping us up-to-date and informed. It is very professional of you.

Would it be too much to ask if you guys can give the Vape critic the green light to put up his review of his production model? That is what I was really waiting for today, and I am very interested in purchasing one too.

Could you do that for us seeing that you are going live any day now when your shipment comes in? I feel like it is the exact thing that we need to get ready for the launch and pull the trigger.

stinkytofus

(posted 4 hours ago)

Any discount for early adopters ? :)
  • ghostvapesofficial
    Dear Vape Life Members,

The Team at Ghost

stinkytofus,

grokit

well-worn member
96b75a700c2fe58f1431cbe9db59d70c.jpg

Is it just me, or does this vape look like a good humor rocket pop?

:party: It's probably just me.

jay87

VC Review

This vape looks quite good.

• $295
  • Ceramic loading capsules with a loose metal lid.
  • Long battery.
  • On-demand convection controlled by heater button.
  • 3 herb heat settings + concentrate setting accessible on vape.
  • Adjustable draw resistance via retractable glass stem.
  • Mobile app to further adjust temperatures.
  • Removable battery, external charger*

Things I wonder about:
  • Is the external charger included or costs extra? (I have a hunch on this one...)
  • Water adapter usability?
  • Concentrate performance, is there spillage, what kind of concentrate pads?
  • Can you take longer draws by resetting the heater button?
  • Does it overheat, how many draws can you take back to back?
  • Loading capsule durability?
  • Is the loading capsule hot after a session is finished, how long does it take to cool?

For me i'm waiting til they decide to add a matte black finish before I pull the trigger but it looks very nice. :clap:

ZC

I like the capsule system, and a lot of the other little design things about this vape like the adjustible draw resistance, but there are a few things that really turn me off.

1) For such a huge portable, it really could have more than one button. Holding down buttons to change modes and temps is one of those things that seems really tedious and silly to me. I shouldn't have to learn morse code to use a vape.

2) Color. As others have said, give me matte black. The chrome is kitschy as hell. Satin silver is only slightly better but still ugly in my eyes.

3)18650's that don't seem to be user replaceable is a major sin. The whole "fast charger" thing is a solution to a problem that they designed by not making the bare 18650's hot swappable.

where can i get a multi-amp charger for $1 USD???
The point I was trying to make is they are screwing their own customers over by pricing it too high, and with a proprietary connection, but seeing as how you can get a 6 amp charger for $10 shipped off amazon they are relatively cheap to build in china. Probably $2 shipping, $.5 fee from amazon for selling there, means the seller would get $7.5 out of it, and he's probably doubling his money on what he paid the manufacturer... who then is trying to double their money so they can pay employees

https://www.amazon.com/BINZET-Adapter-Regulated-Supply-Copper/dp/B00PJZ1GHC

TRDreviews,

Stormsend

From what I saw in the review this checks a few boxes for me.
Pros
Removable battery
USB charging
No draw resistance

Cons
Big
Doesn't have total temp control
No digital read out
USB charging is extremely slow without the charger.

Personally I think this is going to be a great vape. Even though vape critic's involvement can be looked at as questionable. I don't think he would risk his reputation on a bad vape.

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
For 2S packs (which I assume it is using) I didn't find anything under $1, but it's clear these chargers are not worth $50 when you can get them around $5 a pop >> https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...565.html?spm=a2700.7724838.2017115.124.Xem2ob

And if it's really just a USB charger as hinted by the post just above, then it's even cheaper and closer to $1 a pop in bulk >> https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...8312.html?spm=a2700.7724838.2017115.94.nBFbpm

Note: I just looked at 3A chargers as our 18650's don't support that high of a fast charge anyways.

Stormsend

A charger for $50 that charges only one battery at a time is def too expensive. But I have not seen a price list of accessories yet, where are people finding the price at? I hope this isn't like a ps vita thing where the hardware is not too expensive but the proprietary accessories are.

Stormsend,

elykpeace

exVASted
Well it's a China vape branded in us correct?? Box looks familiar. Vivant alternate box is the same matte black with lime green trim... This vape is too expensive imo when it hits the 199 range I might pick one up. In the review VC says don't expect clouds on the first couple draws. So it's on demand but takes enough time to heat up that I'd consider it a quick session vape ..

elykpeace,
Reactions: Krahl

david8613

Negatives
Too big, almost the size of the mighty.
Too flashy looking, people will ask why are suckling on a matchbox car or a hot wheel toy.
Too long to fully charge by USB.
The battery capacity might be a little too big, it should be a better balance between charge time and capacity.
proprietary batteries suck and you need a special charger to charge them quickly, you lose them no happy time.
charger is way too expensive, it should come with unit free of charge.
pods should have different capacities
as big as she is why no real screen read out, I like seeing my temp and battery level.

Positives
convection.
No resistance.
you can control resistance.
it makes a sound when hitting heat button, I love feedback, you know it's working.
I hope the phone app has smart paths like the davinci iq.
pods are great, loved the pod mod with the cfx.
Really effecient with herb.

Vape critic review was OK but he spent a lot of time in the beginning talking about balance In hand that kind of threw me off...
I agree not a fan of the Morse code button pressing.

latest

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom