Ghost MV-1 Speculation and Shipping Thread

Cheesequake

Free Men Don't Ask
I planned on buying one of these before I got the Alternate but I can't imagine the ghost being much better now that I have it. Alternate can be used as a 100% convection vape with temp control if used with an 18mm stem and it's only $60 from china or $100 from USA with warranty.

Last edited by a moderator:

jay87

No matter what it said, how pleasant, strong it is described...I am not biting, it is a whispy vapor like ascent was in conduction / radiation side, even at 5 it is not impressive at all

Also the noise made while drawing seems to me the noise of a clogged air/vaporpath (like a very dirty omnivap)
Edit: not the electronic sound, the water bubbling sound only when he is hitting

I think I know what I can expect from this vaporizer at this point even from these few videos.

This vape isn't going to be like the Mighty or the Grasshopper, I believe it's going to be a suped-up easy mode Firefly 2.

Same kind of longer draws, vapor that's smooth, flavorful, highly potent, but not quite white walling like the grasshopper.

The videos are claiming no draw resistance, no stirring, and no hot spots which if true would be very good as far as ease of use compared to the FF2.

The oven looks quite small, combine that with the pure convection style and longer draws it's not gonna be the go to group session vape like the Mighty. I foresee groups needing to repack this one often.

To be fair, There's really no black backgrounds and lighting being used in these videos to enhance the look of the vapor like most milkshot videos will do to better display the vapor production.

A much better indicator of vapor production of this vape would be to use it through water and see how usage looks then.

I'm still very interested though, because it seems to offer great flavor, and efficiency and looks to be a great at home solo portable convection vaporizer.

I'll wait for the next few videos but based on the technology and heating style being used I'd be willing to bet right now that this vape will be stellar when used with concentrates similar to the FF2. If that's the case I'd give it big points for versatility and would definitely consider it.

I think this might be another one of those vaporizers that the biggest complaints will be "It's not a Mighty, and it's not a Grasshopper", and the vapecritic is gonna probably face some more adversity in him rating it so highly, again, similar to the FF2.

elykpeace

exVASted
WRONG, SIR! Now you change the story. You did not say you thought it was a Chinese manufacturer. No, you called it a Chinese re-brand. There is a difference. A big one.

Many original products are manufactured in China. You like that iphone in your pocket? Do you think it was made in Cupertino, CA?

No, it has China written all over it.

Nope actually I didn't even edit the initial post. Said a China vape branded in us and my phone auto corrected which by the way I don't have an Apple phone.

elykpeace,

Andreaerdna

If God is the answer, then the question is wrong
Nope actually I didn't even edit the initial post. Said a China vape branded in us and my phone auto corrected which by the way I don't have an Apple phone.

And you are wrong, it isn't a chinese vape branded in us; it is a us vape manufactured in china as most products nowadays

Unless, following your logic, you consider apples devices as chines products branded in us?

elykpeace

exVASted
And you are wrong, it isn't a chinese vape branded in us; it is a us vape manufactured in china as most products nowadays

Unless, following your logic, you consider apples devices as chines products branded in us?

Yes we have already established that a company out of UK developed this product. And yes i do consider apple iPhones to be a Chinese phone branded in the US because that is what they are.
MADE IN CHINA. That's like when you hear oh this chicken is made with 100 percent white meat chicken doesnt mean it is made OF 100 %.. I have nothing against Chinese made products but I have enough Vapes made in China that I'm not going to drop 3 bills for another and when something goes wrong with my Vapes I like knowing who made it is taking that time to work with me for a resolution. Ghost seems to be good at adverting and they are smart to tour with slightly Stoopid and have a bus and yada yada yada but I'm not buying an image I want a great vape without the gimmicks

I'ma stay away from this one for now. For the price of this I'd rather get a wood scent from Ed which is MADE IN AMERICA ... Just like RBT UD Magic flight... I know you guys know what I am trying to convey .. it's not that hard to figure out I am saying..

this isn't vape life forum.. I respect what bud is doing but you guys are hyped to the max. The price tag is heafty and the product from what I've seen so far is mediocre.

Icon13

Serial Vapist
I'm sure cloudsosmoke can deliver on that request.. LOL!
It clearly says he got that re post from the vapelife forum posted 4 hours earlier. I don't believe he represents the ghost vape company...

Okay, but the Ghost team obviously reads this thread.

Yes we have already established that a company out of UK developed this product. And yes i do consider apple iPhones to be a Chinese phone branded in the US because that is what they are.
MADE IN CHINA. That's like when you hear oh this chicken is made with 100 percent white meat chicken doesnt mean it is made OF 100 %.. I have nothing against Chinese made products but I have enough Vapes made in China that I'm not going to drop 3 bills for another and when something goes wrong with my Vapes I like knowing who made it is taking that time to work with me for a resolution. Ghost seems to be good at adverting and they are smart to tour with slightly Stoopid and have a bus and yada yada yada but I'm not buying an image I want a great vape without the gimmicks

I'ma stay away from this one for now. For the price of this I'd rather get a wood scent from Ed which is MADE IN AMERICA ... Just like RBT UD Magic flight... I know you guys know what I am trying to convey .. it's not that hard to figure out I am saying..

this isn't vape life forum.. I respect what bud is doing but you guys are hyped to the max. The price tag is heafty and the product from what I've seen so far is mediocre.

Sometimes admitting you are wrong is easier. It is not a Chinese branded US vape. You can stop now.

Icon13,

elykpeace

exVASted

Sometimes admitting you are wrong is easier. It is not a Chinese branded US vape. You can stop now.

:wave::wave:

..... Anyways haha

Yeah I remember seeing this was to be released on the first. Also they were supposedly giving these away at the show. But FOR SOME REASON it's been delayed. Shipping from China is so unreliable sometimes

elykpeace,

freshly baked

I was just messing with you. Happy vaping!

I got a push notification on my phone this morning that said vape critic video # 2 where he answers many of our questions.

I swiped it away by mistake. Now I can't find it and haven't read any other mention of it. Anybody else watch a second video?.

Last edited:
freshly baked,

sickmanfraud

I was just messing with you. Happy vaping!

I got a push notification on my phone this morning that said vape critic video # 2 where he answers many of our questions.

I swiped it away by mistake. Now I can't find it and haven't read any other mention of it. Anybody else watch a second video?.

Your answer is in post 281 in this thread

jay87

I'm gonna double down on my comparison between the MV1 and the Firefly 2.

Does this look familiar to anyone else?
YAydpVF.png

0jwSX3U.png

It seems they're using very similar technology as the Firefly 2 and have ironed out some of the kinks as far as draw resistance, loading capsules, stirring, and low battery life.

I'm pretty intrigued with this vape as it fills my niche quite nicely. I'd say it will be great as an on-demand handheld at home solo use vape that can do both dry herb and concentrates well.

I'm not going to purchase this one right away as I'm still waiting for a black version, but I think I know what I'd be getting and what to expect. It'll be perfect for my personal uses, maybe not so much for the personal uses of others. :2c:

elykpeace

exVASted
In all seriousness my main concerns with this is price and costumer service.

I'm wondering since this company is new and this is the first product they have came out with ....?? Right? Is there anything we can do to get some assurance they are a quality distributer what's the background on this company...

I'm wondering since this company is new and this is the first product they have came out with ....?? Right? Is there anything we can do to get some assurance they are a quality distributer what's the background on this company...
To be honest, not to sound like a fanboy, I don't think VC would risk offering a full refund if its a POS and there is no QC. He'd lose more $$ with refunds than he aims to make off referrals/affiliate fees.

Of course, there is always a chance that the company goes under/gets bought out and QC changes as well as warranty

elykpeace

exVASted
To be honest, not to sound like a fanboy, I don't think VC would risk offering a full refund if its a POS and there is no QC. He'd lose more $$ with refunds than he aims to make off referrals/affiliate fees.

Of course, there is always a chance that the company goes under/gets bought out and QC changes as well as warranty

VC is the ONLY reason I'm interested. These "ghosts" are mysterious as fuh and I feel like having as much money as VC claims they have where did they make this fortune.. ? Kick starter.. did they campaign what made then want to design a vape?

Cheesequake

Free Men Don't Ask
I've always respected Bud's opinion on vapes even if I don't always agree with it. But these last two reviews are clearly paid advertising. The first one was hardly even a review, just gushing, and the second was way over the top. Bud started choking and coughing and spinning around in his chair after a decent hit in the 2nd video. I've seen him take rips off many vaporizers much larger than that without even coughing.

Not to mention he's all of a sudden not using cannabis while promoting this product. First time I've seen that. Ghost must have told him not to.

Last edited:

Baron23

Second video is better, but why not real herbage?

Mr Nice Guy is real herbage, mate.

Not to mention he's all of a sudden not using cannabis while promoting this product. First time I've seen that. Ghost must have told him not to.

Why do you say that...the 'eucalyptus' mislead....as in Mr Nice Guy eucalyptus? Its herb....the kind we are talking about.

But please...if I'm wrong (which does happen with some frequency), please correct me.

Last edited:

Mr. Me2

I don't remember hearing much background on this company, but I'm pretty sure they are new and U.K. based. That concerns me unless they set up a US service center.

I've watched the international buyers of the gh suffer with shipping costs (and other problems) and longer waits to complete a RMA.

Btw, does anybody know the warranty period for the MV-1?

Alegre

Pobre payaso
So they're still trying to figure out what the warranty will be?

I do like VC reviews even if I don't agree with some, however, this review looks a bit infomercial to me.

Hope it turns out to be a great vape though.....I'll continue watching but I'll pass for now.

Cheesequake

Free Men Don't Ask
Mr Nice Guy is real herbage, mate.

Why do you say that...the 'eucalyptus' mislead....as in Mr Nice Guy eucalyptus? Its herb....the kind we are talking about.

But please...if I'm wrong (which does happen with some frequency), please correct me.
Regardless he's never pretended to use anything but cannabis or avoided talking about the high. Both of which he did in these last two videos.

Cheesequake,
Reactions: muunch
VC is the ONLY reason I'm interested. These "ghosts" are mysterious as fuh and I feel like having as much money as VC claims they have where did they make this fortune.. ? Kick starter.. did they campaign what made then want to design a vape?
Investors?

TRDreviews,
Top Bottom