Ghost MV-1 Speculation and Shipping Thread

Astedra

I just don't like the fact that it's trigger heating, and not slow cook, I like to sit back with a vape and not worry about pushing buttons, plus there is a worry about combusting.

Astedra

Wait, you mean with all the space age engineering and complexity, this thing is not temperature regulated?!

Well I don't know about the new firefly, but the old one there was a chance of combustion, which vape that gives instant heat except for the hopper has 0 chance of combustion? I have learned to accept that no vape is perfect.

Edit. From my reading, the firefly 2 you can combust to.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Well I don't know about the new firefly, but the old one there was a chance of combustion, which vape that gives instant heat except for the hopper has 0 chance of combustion? I have learned to accept that no vape is perfect.

Only if the temp is set too high, so it's a worry if you overdo it? Even unregulated vapes it just means learning the vape, FF1 working proper should never combust really and FF2 is like GH with settings to control... There are others too, on demand doesn't automatically mean you gotta worry about combustion... For example Tubo is on demand with temp regulation and it is quite easy to avoid combustion without effort

freshly baked

I actually combusted very early on in my grasshopper. True no vape is perfect... At least not yet anyway...

freshly baked,

CL52613

Sorry fellas, but why do you critique to the most minute details about an unreleased vaporizer, that regardless who is going to make money, the vape hits all the bases, all the complaints about no perfect vape. So with all the technology we throw at it, pipe and fire, is the most consist delivery system, albeit least healthy. But ask yourself, what did it miss on your wish list. Question is whether this will be another grasshopper fiasco, minus the pre-release payments. We will find out when we see the ready product, but look at the video again, either Vape Critic has huge hands, or that vape he is holding is pretty discreet, since all the techno stuff is hidden in the hand. I don't know what the beef is about the Vape Critic here on FC, and I tend to disagree with his ratings, but I do not find them to be overly biased due to association. He is honest. He admits to preferring conduction, up until now possibly, because it can produce more vapor, only slightly less flavorful. Everyone wanted the power of the mighty with replaceable batteries, this vape seems to offer that, and is full convection, and looked to produce some thick clouds. And it is on demand like the Milaana, though I imagine the learning curve and the possibility for combustion will be much less. I appreciate the various temp monitors, since a convection vaporizer that can produce the sustained heat to produce the vapor will be relatively high. I am surprised at the glossy finish of the vaporizer, since VC disliked the new finish for the PAC 3, and only time will tell. To address the fear of air paths getting clogged; the air intake pathways are all separated from the pathway for the heated air. There are guys from FC that developed their own line of vaporizers and if Vape Critic is/was involved in the design of the vaporizer, hats off. I am looking forward to its release.

Astedra

The reason why I complained, is that my crafty is out of warranty and if it brakes I have the get a new one or this vape, and because it's trigger heating, I won't get the Ghost. I didn't realize I can't voice my opinion. The crafty is the perfect vape for me and the last one has been going strong, but I went through 5 crafties. In group sessions everybody prefers the crafty, so if there is a chance of combustion, especially for somebody that's using it for the first time, I don't want to have to explain the technique.

Last edited:

Vapor Loop

The reason why I complained, is that my crafty is out of warranty and if it brakes I have the get a new one or this vape, and because it's trigger heating, I won't get the Ghost. I didn't realize I can't voice my opinion. The crafty is the perfect vape for me and the last one has been going strong, but I went through 5 crafties. In group sessions everybody prefers the crafty, so if there is a chance of combustion, especially for somebody that's using it for the first time, I don't want to have to explain the technique.

I was under the impression this one was temp controlled very well? I guess we will have to wait for more information, But in the manufacturer ad I could have swore it said something about exact temp no matter how hard or soft you pull. I would certainly wait this one out, You already know how long the S&b products take to heat up.

Baron23

You are indeed entitled to your opinion, but if your opinion flies in the face of facts and experience, you will be confronted on it (in a friendly manner, hopefully).

If you don't like convection, trigger operated vapes, and like 'slow cooking'...well, these are your personal perferences and nobody can dispute them with you, IMO.

There are plenty full conduction and hybrid vapes out there for you to select from and it would indeed seem like the MV-1 is not for you.

However, the issue of you worrying about combustion with an on-demand vape, and conflating the MV-1 with the FF1 with respect to combustion, is IMO entirely without foundation and made of whole cloth. That is, you ain't got a fact to support this concern. Of course I have my neurotic worries also.

This device is temp controlled. Nobody except the Vape Critic can tell a thing about its performance cause NONE of us have seen it or used it.

With regard to concerns about reclaim clogging...from the presented design, I believe this to be a real concern for the end assembly that includes the retractable MP. That MP will get stuck at some point for somebody. However (and again this is very prelim cause the only info I have is the VC's video), it appears that this entire end assembly is removeable, all metal, and should be able to be soaked in ISO or similar.

Again, we all just need to see the device before any of us can say much that is definitive. The good news is, however, that they are not looking for pre-release crowd funding (pre-orders), I believe.

Fat Freddy

FUCK CANCER TOO !
Again, we all just need to see the device before any of us can say much that is definitive. The good news is, however, that they are not looking for pre-release crowd funding (pre-orders), I believe.

Although I think I recall Bud saying they will be taking pre-orders in a "few weeks". Now whether they are financially dependent on X amount of pre-order revenue before they begin actual manufacturing I have no idea. If they are then I can say right now that I will not be participating. And I agree that until this vape is being tested and evaluated by experienced users then there's really no point in speculating on the product at all. Besides, if they were really vape savy they would be asking for the testing input from some of the many FC experts on the development of their product, not just Bud, The Vape Critic! :rockon:

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
View this email online | Forward to a friend

Thanks for signing up to hear more about GHOST Vapes.
Not long to go now before our full reveal of the GHOST MV1 and we’ll be sure to keep you posted about developments, events and where and when you’ll be able to view the product in all its glory.
If you have questions or want to share any thoughts about GHOST Vapes, why not connect with us on facebook, twitter or Instagram.
If you are interested in stocking or promoting GHOST Vapes and the MV1, please email sales@ghostvapes.com and we will be in touch as soon as possible.

The GHOST Vapes team

To unsubscribe from this mailing list, please click here.