Ghost MV-1 Speculation and Shipping Thread

jay87

Regardless he's never pretended to use anything but cannabis or avoided talking about the high. Both of which he did in these last two videos.

That's pretty observant. It's possible that because he's actually affiliated with them he was asked to ensure it's being represented as an herbal aromatherapy device for legal reasons.

jay87,
Reactions: ZC

bobo305

wow, Bud's videos concerning the ghost are disingenuous at best, a total sell out at worst. his acting is pitiful, I may nominate him for an oscar...lol..so obvious he's pushing this vape big time...hummmmmm why could that be? I wonder. must be lucrative for him because all hs energy and vids have been 100% about this vape. it's f'ugly, over priced and overhyped. he was the best reviewer on vapes....not anymore, lost all credibility with me. will wait for the boundless boys to release their new convection vape, or the haze sq.

Stormsend

wow, Bud's videos concerning the ghost are disingenuous at best, a total sell out at worst. his acting is pitiful, I may nominate him for an oscar...lol..so obvious he's pushing this vape big time...hummmmmm why could that be? I wonder. must be lucrative for him because all hs energy and vids have been 100% about this vape. it's f'ugly, over priced and overhyped. he was the best reviewer on vapes....not anymore, lost all credibility with me. will wait for the boundless boys to release their new convection vape, or the haze sq.
How can anyone tell it's overhyped before even trying it? That's just dumb. I'm really interested in this, but I am def skeptical. I would like to wait for reviews from namaste, Australian vaporizers and sneaky Pete. I understand the skepticism but it can't be overhyped if no one tried it.

Schroedinger

Sober and stoned
I am not really interested in buying an electronic vape at the moment but love to watch vape reviews. Bud usually did nice vids (maybe occasionally a bit too much on the faux cool side for my European taste, or is it my age?) but... watch the Ghost reviews - it is pretty pathetic. He even wears a corporate hat (pun anyone?). It reminds me of infomercials for some weird household gadgets.

Why such a charade if the device is simply great? Why not simply state it matter-of-factly and/or do a thorough comparison to other vapes in this price segment.

Pustupillo

The Don_Key
i have never tried a portable vape, but the only one that i could think of buy is the venus apollo..

All the others just dont appeal to me at all.. And this ghost neither.... PS yes i saw the videos of vapecritic and he is CLEARLY acting lol his body language tell this. Maybe this vape is good, but he is pushing this shit too mutch just cause he is gonna make money on it... 100% sure

Dont trust guys,,, dont waste your money, wait for someone rich-crazy enough to buy ,try, and review it on the forum ^_^

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
It all seems nuts and if I'm Bud, I'm very frustrated with this one-sided relationship.

Considering his confidence of the buyback thing, I doubt he cares *at all* and is counting on getting a big payday or has already gotten one (via these mysterious investors)

Hey if it works and somehow breaks vaping into the mainstream that'd be maybe kinda neat, but I dunno.

All I can say is that it's very entertaining to watch unfold, and I am glad I'm not alone in my feelings after watching those fluffy "reviews"

bobo305

Considering his confidence of the buyback thing, I doubt he cares *at all* and is counting on getting a big payday or has already gotten one (via these mysterious investors)

Hey if it works and somehow breaks vaping into the mainstream that'd be maybe kinda neat, but I dunno.

All I can say is that it's very entertaining to watch unfold, and I am glad I'm not alone in my feelings after watching those fluffy "reviews"
nah.... sure he gets a percentage of sales he generates. what a sell out he became.

i have never tried a portable vape, but the only one that i could think of buy is the venus apollo..

All the others just dont appeal to me at all.. And this ghost neither.... PS yes i saw the videos of vapecritic and he is CLEARLY acting lol his body language tell this. Maybe this vape is good, but he is pushing this shit too mutch just cause he is gonna make money on it... 100% sure

Dont trust guys,,, dont waste your money, wait for someone rich-crazy enough to buy ,try, and review it on the forum ^_^
amen bro

Last edited by a moderator:

freshly baked

I agree he's pushing everyone to trust him and buy this vape more than ever before. I can see how he would want it to be a huge success because of him being personally involved in the development of it. I'd want to see it blow up if I helped on it.

Maybe it really is that great? Its possible I guess. But personally some of the details kind of turn me off about the vape itself.

freshly baked,
Reactions: Stormsend

grokit

well-worn member
I hope it's awesome, but it's not for me. Even if I could get past the price, proprietary battery, optional charger, 3-day warranty;), single-button chaos, hidden higher temps that require another device to access, the ergonomics, and its looks, that bowl with the lid is just asking to be lost in a darkened room or out by the campfire or really wherever. Looking for that lid could be almost like trying to find a contact lens.

:sherlock:

Last edited:

grokit

well-worn member
Can there be a vapecritic thread? Like when the shipping thread got made out of the vapcap thread?
The bulk of my post is about the device; the rest was a response to his infomercial.
So I've edited it to separate those two dynamics.

Ya don't see movie critics going out and directing successful films; just sayin' :uhh:

I'll save the rest for the vape critic criticism thread :tup:

Cheesequake

Free Men Don't Ask
How can anyone tell it's overhyped before even trying it?
Because most of us know vaporizers and have used many amazing full convection vaporizers. This thing isn't doing something magical that makes Bud 5x higher with less vapor than other units he has reviewed. He was coughing up a storm, whirling in his chair, and putting on a big show to make it seem like this thing just gets him totally wrecked off a couple hits when you can go to one of his reviews for the LSV or Grasshopper and see that he's blowing out significantly MORE vapor while not acting like it's killing him. I think I can safely say he has over-hyped it without having used one.

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
The bulk of my post is about the device; the rest was a response to his infomercial.
So I've edited it to separate those two dynamics.

Ya don't see movie critics going out and directing successful films; just sayin' :uhh:

I'll save the rest for the vape critic criticism thread :tup:
I wasn't trying to single anyone out, it just seems like this thread is about the critic instead of the vape now. I guess he is involved with the product though.

StormyPinkness,
Reactions: grokit

david8613

The look of the unit is growing on me. Its a cool concept, the cruciable is basically doing what we where doing with the pods mod and boundless cfx, but on higher level i think. It true that the vapor does look like its on the llight side. i wonder why, when volcano, grasshopper and firefly throw more vapor. I cant wait to see boundless new stuff when it comes out, im suprised they didnt do the cruciable idea first.

jay87

Pretty weak compared to some other units he has reviewed. Looks like he went to extra lengths with the lighting too.

Looks pretty good to me, if it even remotely compares to the EVO or Volcano that's damn good for an on-demand portable with a small loading capsule.

And to be fair, the one displaying the desktop vapes has a black sheet + lighting, while the MV1 vapor shot is only natural light.

That vapor production video is a much better look for the MV1 than the initial reviews imo.

Last edited:

smokeydabear

Well-Blown member
That vid really helped me see that this vape can hit pretty well. I wasnt convinced before VC's money shots vid:brow:. I honestly dont understand why Bud felt he needed to blatantly over exaggerate his reaction to the hits on these reviews for it. This thing seems like it could sell itself on its performance alone.

Kob

Windowlicker
I hope it's awesome, but it's not for me. Even if I could get past the price, proprietary battery, optional charger, 3-day warranty;), single-button chaos, hidden higher temps that require another device to access, the ergonomics, and its looks, that bowl with the lid is just asking to be lost in a darkened room or out by the campfire or really wherever. Looking for that lid could be almost like trying to find a contact lens.

:sherlock:
I couldn't agree more with you! My first thoughts about it after seeing the vids by Vape critic:
  • Ugly
  • Big and clumsy, although it does seem to fit in palm nicely
  • Very disturbing sound when heating (it's clearly an issue to Bud also if you watch the 2 vids)
  • Don't know what they've been thinking with the chamber and loading system? I mean WTF with the lid and how you insert the chamber to the vapes glory hole
  • I like one button vapes. But seriously what's the deal with this one?
  • This "review" by Bud/Vapecritic is not a real review. If you watch any other vape review vid by him you will see the difference on how he smoothens every actual critic of the MV-1 and the worst part is that he's making up excuses. I would really appreciate if he did a review without all the bs
I really like the on demand of this vape though (as a mainly Crafty user).
2r53plh.jpg

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
I couldn't agree more with you! My first thoughts about it after seeing the vids by Vape critic:
  • Ugly
  • Big and clumsy, although it does seem to fit in palm nicely
  • Very disturbing sound when heating (it's clearly an issue to Bud also if you watch the 2 vids)
  • Don't know what they've been thinking with the chamber and loading system? I mean WTF with the lid and how you insert the chamber to the vapes glory hole
  • I like one button vapes. But seriously what's the deal with this one?
  • This "review" by Bud/Vapecritic is not a real review. If you watch any other vape review vid by him you will see the difference on how he smoothens every actual critic of the MV-1 and the worst part is that he's making up excuses. I would really appreciate if he did a review without all the bs
I really like the on demand of this vape though (as a mainly Crafty user).
2r53plh.jpg
And I couldn't agree more with you. Good to hear people feel the same...
There were quite some awkward moments (or maybe rather 'scenes') in the vid. And it's quite impressive that he risks ruining his credibility with this campaign, which is key value of his business ... Think it's a high gain, high risk kinda thing. I for one, can't see him as a (neutral) reviewer (anymore). Maybe not even a reviewer but a salesman doing entertaining infomercials seeking max. $$$ and not 'the best vape for you. I'm making it for you .... An me!'. ;).
Well, not a fan of all of this, but watching it from the sidelines

Truly hope it turns out to be all good though. No intention to attack anyone with this.
:peace:

Last edited:

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
Pretty weak compared to some other units he has reviewed. Looks like he went to extra lengths with the lighting too.

This vid nails it. All modern vapes when in the hands of an expert and shown in good lighting will produce big clouds. I watched VCs reviews on the Ghost and i thought it looked legit. Sure he could have been putting on a show because he has a stake in the MV1 but until we get an FC member review on this unit we'll never be truly sure. I'm sure it's a great vape but there are already so many great vapes already i can't see it being streets ahead of the pack.

Top Bottom