***Gamers*** What are you playing?

SD_haze

I play Battlefield 3 with a Bose Surround Sound setup. Explosions in Dolby 5.1 really brings it to life.

SD_haze,

YeeeBuddy

Yea I don't know how they do it with only 2 speakers but I can 100% tell if a enemy is coming from behind me/from the side/front/below etc . I only use them for FPS gaming. I tried my buddy's expensive surround sound headset that had multiple speakers in each ear and my turtle beaches blew his away in being able To tell which direction stuff is coming from. It sounds gimmicky but have u tried them?

It is 1000% better than using the sound from your TV unless u have a surround sound setup I promise u that.

I"m not saying turtle beaches are the only good ones out there

YeeeBuddy,

Meremoth

AKA ♫ Stinky Wizzleteats ♫
I play Battlefield 3 with a Bose Surround Sound setup. Explosions in Dolby 5.1 really brings it to life.

Yeah but with actual speakers, right? I mean the only way surround sound would actually be surround sound in headphones was if you had more loudspeakers then just two.

Ho-ly poop. They actually make real surround sound headphones.

http://www.psykoaudio.com/GetPsyko/PsykoCarbon#axzz2TdEyBgcl

I wonder how good they sound and if they're worth $400.

They make a cheaper pair called the Krypton for $150.

I still very much doubt those would be good for anything other than gaming.

Meremoth,

YeeeBuddy

I
Yeah but with actual speakers, right? I mean the only way surround sound would actually be surround sound in headphones was if you had more loudspeakers then just two.

I would like to test these out and see how Much better they might be. All I know is the directional awareness on mine is pretty amazing I don't see how it could get much better.

YeeeBuddy,

Meremoth

I

I would like to test these out and see how Much better they might be. All I know is the directional awareness on mine is pretty amazing I don't see how it could get much better.

Yeah, I mean if you can tell exactly where people are coming from with yours, then they sound fine to me. You might want to get a different pair for music though, no?

Speaking of which, I'm on the verge of building a new headphone rig. I've been eyeing Audeze for a long time. Need a really good DAC and amp to drive those mofos though. I'm thinking of getting the Audeze LCD-3's with Schiit's Mjolnir amp and Gungnir DAC. Pretty pricey, but the sound is suppose to be pure nirvana, and I've always wanted a pair of open cans that have good bass.

Meremoth,

YeeeBuddy

Yeah, I mean if you can tell exactly where people are coming from with yours, then they sound fine to me. You might want to get a different pair for music though,.

Yea i really only use them for gaming, I agree if I was a music head I would get something more appropriate.

I'm gonna keep my eye on those 150$ kryptons .

YeeeBuddy,

SD_haze

For $1,000, Bose had better have given me the 5 speakers!

PS: Not endorsing Bose for the price...I didn't choose to buy it...but it certainly works well!

SD_haze,

xer0

I've recently picked up a Wii U and a 3DS so I have been going back and forth between New Super Mario Bros U and Mario Kart 7. I also picked up Super Metroid on the Wii U VC for .30 the other day so I'm sure I will be playing that a lot once I beat NSMBU.

Meremoth

Attention PC gamers:

The GTX 700 series is suppose to be coming out this Thursday and the new Haswell Intel CPU's are coming out at the start of June.

:rockon:

Meremoth,

lauz

Apprentice vaporist
Currently playing loads of old school nes, snes and gbc roms on my ds with my acekard, just finished playing Pokemon red :D

Currently playing loads of old school nes, snes and gbc roms on my ds with my acekard, just finished playing Pokemon red :D

Huge emulation fan here too, I've got about 100 gigabytes of old emulators and roms that I fire up all the time. One day I'd like to make one of those spiffy emulator-extravaganza home arcade machines that people have come up with.

I recently upgraded my phone from an HTC Aria to the Sony-Ericsson Xperia Play, and it's basically become a great on-the-go emulator machine. It is AFAIK the only smartphone with built-in physical controls, and not terribly shabby ones either. Here's a video showing it off. The Verizon (CDMA) model can be had for as little as $50 and the ATT (GSM) model isn't that much more expensive... I'm amazed that this model didn't blow up in popularity. If they'd just called it the PSP Phone than it would of sold like hot cakes.

I'm currently playing the Resident Evil 3 PS1 rom on the Xperia, at full speed with zero noticeable visual or audio distortions, through the amazing multi-console Retroarch emulator. Also playing Super Castlevania for the SNES for the first time, wow that game shows polish, you'd almost mistake it for a Saturn or PS1 title from the lush art, animations and remarkably well composed music.

SD_haze

Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon is freaking awesome for $15. Don't need FC3 purchased to play it.
It's the 80's, baby!

far-cry-3-blood-dragon-box-art-oxcgn.jpg

shadycheeba

im finishing up dead island riptide now...but for multiplayer its battlefield 3 and gears of war judgment

shadycheeba,

Pickz

Vapes on vapes on vapes!
I'm sick of my 360 games right now so going for a little cheap nostalgia. Playing some Super Mario World for the Snes via ZSNES. Just got past my first castle. This game always reminds me of playing it as a kid.

Qzgh5YN.png

Detonator

I am an old gamer but i havent had a system in a while. I am thinking of getting a used ps3 250gb 2controllers and 9 gsmes for 240$ is that a good deal?

What do I need to be worried about? I heard sometimes ps3's get banned from the playstation network?

Or should I buy a new ps3 or wait for ps4, how much are ps4 going to be?

Detonator,

shadycheeba

I'm sick of my 360 games right now so going for a little cheap nostalgia. Playing some Super Mario World for the Snes via ZSNES. Just got past my first castle. This game always reminds me of playing it as a kid.

Qzgh5YN.png

damn you are making me want to dig out my nintendo.......

Detonator

Woot bought a new ps3 yesterday. Hit me up if you want to do some F1 Racing on 2012 F1.

I also like shooters alot. Trying to decide between modern warfare 3 or black opps 2. ??

I still love video games, and I am as old school as they get. Dad had the pong game then for my 8th or 9th birthday I remember getting 100$ myndad told me if we used my money to buy this new Atari 2600 console then he would buy a few games. After work he would come home after work and burn with friends sometime, and we would play for hours. Funny thing was I had to put my differculty switch on hard to make things fair. Old school video gamers remember differculty switches. Lol

Pickz

Vapes on vapes on vapes!
I rented Resident Evil Revelations on a whim. I've never really played any of the other games, but I'm sure with some vapor and a Turtle Beach headset that I will be immersed in the game in no time. Lookout zombies here I come! :cool:

nopartofme

Over the falls, in a barrel
I rented Resident Evil Revelations on a whim. I've never really played any of the other games, but I'm sure with some vapor and a Turtle Beach headset that I will be immersed in the game in no time. Lookout zombies here I come! :cool:
I can't recommend Resident Evil 4 highly enough, great great game. It's like Zelda with zombies and guns!

nopartofme,

z9

Attention PC gamers:

The GTX 700 series is suppose to be coming out this Thursday and the new Haswell Intel CPU's are coming out at the start of June.

I picked up a 670 for a good price about a month ago. Upgraded from a 570. I'll wait until the next generation to upgrade again. Same with my CPU, I'll wait for the next revision to upgrade my 2500k. I don't necessarily need more processing power, I just can't resist the upgrade bug.

z9,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
One day I'd like to make one of those spiffy emulator-extravaganza home arcade machines that people have come up with.
Oh hells yeah, I've been wanting to do that for a while too...

There are sites out there with the plans and everything, just gotta get the materials and construct the thing...

Ever since I got my Mac mini, my old PC has basically been collecting dust, maybe it should become the brains of a MAME machine :brow:

goatgobaahh

dusted off red dead redemption that and halo are games I always go back to.

I need to find a nice relaxing game to play though. I find most games make me a bit more stressed even though Im already a high strung person =/

goatgobaahh,

Hoof Hearted

Vapesallday Industries
Any former (U.S.) online poker players on this forum???

Yeah, me too. :(

It's been a long 2 years. I still haven't recovered from Black Friday.

Hoof Hearted,
Reactions: Dangus

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
dusted off red dead redemption
I spent more time than I care to admit hog-tieing people and leaving them on train tracks. :lol:
And hunting hawks, they are a nice source of money early on in the game.

Oh, and one of my favourite little things to do, was to go to the bar in armadillo, hitch my horse, run upstairs, and jump over the balcony, right onto my horse and ride off into the sunset :lol:

Such an awesome game:D

goatgobaahh

I spent more time than I care to admit hog-tieing people and leaving them on train tracks. :lol:
And hunting hawks, they are a nice source of money early on in the game.

Oh, and one of my favourite little things to do, was to go to the bar in armadillo, hitch my horse, run upstairs, and jump over the balcony, right onto my horse and ride off into the sunset :lol:

Such an awesome game:D

I'm starting to notice a trend here. I tend to agree with most of your posts lol.

I enjoy going to the random forts on the map and systematically destroying the 50+ occupants. If im not doing that I'm usually huting and skinning bears, cougars, and chupacabras (its funny because I plan on hunting alot of big game IRL) . Other than that I like to hog tie people and make em ride shotgun on my unicorn!! The trail of rainbows is incredible

If you dont have the zombie expansion I you should certainty invest. Its like another 8+ hours to the game with way more fun shit to do. I like to play the side games, and I have started getting into the multiplayer which is pretty nice when you have music on in the background.

I cant wait for the next game. Last time the employees sued Rockstar citing several 24 hours days back to pack and weeks of overtime that was not paid. Almost half the team was in that lawsuit. Normally this is the kind of thing that would never make me want to give another cent to Rockstar. However I have been playing their games and following their plots for years. It would be like not buying that new book because the publisher was a jerk to the author.

Hopefully they can put it behind them because their hard work really shined in this game.

Feel free to add me on XBL.:D

Top Bottom