***Gamers*** What are you playing?

Jaindoh

At the end of the Witcher 3 and looking for something new; Rise of Incarnates seems good but the f2p monetization may well be terrible. Hoping the new Magic: Duels isn't bad.

You guys should also check out Axiom Verge and RONIN, they're good indie games.

Jaindoh,

The Stranger

Account Closed
I love Witcher 3 but I just haven't been able to find the time to dedicate hours on end to it. I did for the first few days I had it though.

Right now I'm really enjoying Arkham Knight. The storytelling is done incredibly well.

The Stranger,

lwien

I've got an old XBOX 360 still hooked up that I haven't turned on in years. Last night, I thought, what the hell and I fired her up. Still had the Witcher 2 disk in the tray and Portal on the HD. Played them both for a bit last night. Four hours later I was like..........."Wow that was fun."

Joel W.

Deplorable Basement Dweller
Accessory Maker
I have always loved pc games! I never enjoyed consoles controllers even though I have a ps3. I need a mouse and keyboard to do well.

The last pc games I played were the modern warfare series and wholly crap the graphics and physics were so good my brain could not tell it was a game at times.

My heart beat raced and I would sweat like a faucet. I could not continue playing. That was 3-4 years ago. :mental:

grokit

well-worn member
I have rocket league running on my i7 mac mini, booted into a windows 7 boot camp partition. But so far I have been stymied by the controller issue, which seems a bit more involved than with most steam games.

When I plug the ps3 controller in it only charges, no driver install happens and I can't find it with bluetooth.

The xbox360 controller had the same non-results via bluetooth, but without trying to plug it in first. I have the option of buying a poorly-reviewed adapter cord for $5 to see if I can prompt a driver install for it, but took the $17 option instead because it seems to be well-reviewed (note; I did not read these reviews lol):

http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FAS1WDG?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

I hope this works. I have not used a pc game since my xp days with an old microsoft flightstick, and unlike @Joel W. I will not fare well if forced to game with a keyboard and mouse (the keyboard part dammit!).

:bowdown:

grokit,
Reactions: Joel W.

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
Would anybody be up for some Rocket League on Steam? Maybe we could set up an FC group if there's enough interest.
There is an FC group feel free to join.

Hey PC Gamers, don't forget FC does have a steam group if you're interested in gaming with your fellow vapists. I'm sure there are more of you that can join, at some point I might make some info in the description and start some discussions.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/fcombustion

grokit

well-worn member
just spent too much time on Borderlands 2, and Dishonoured before that, now I'm starting Farcry 4, all on my trusty old '360 - games & weed belong together :)
I like my old 360, just wish I could play my ps3 games on it because I never use it.
I just started streaming netflix with it at least, and still have a few unwatched hd-dvd's (lol).

I'm really down on sony, the replacement ps3 only goes to 720p via component video :rant:

Zerg

I like my old 360, just wish I could play my ps3 games on it because I never use it.
I just started streaming netflix with it at least, and still have a few unwatched hd-dvd's (lol).

I'm really down on sony, the replacement ps3 only goes to 720p via component video :rant:
ps3 is the only console hooked up to my tv

Zerg,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
just spent too much time on Borderlands 2, and Dishonoured before that, now I'm starting Farcry 4, all on my trusty old '360 - games & weed belong together :)
I never quite got into BL2 like i did 1...

I ended up with a Kickass Siren build in the first one, raining SMG death left and right (I had golds that could spit out massive elemental damage for every element, and a crazy powerful double anarchy SMG, and a few pieces of SMG ammo regen gear so I could basically regain ammo while firing :D)
I completed the game, New Game +, all DLCs, maxed her out at 61 (? i think, unless the level cap went up again) and I think I got the platinum trophy for it.
Pretty much did absolutely everything I could in BL1 with that siren

Then I got BL2 and got maybe 1/3 -1/2 of the way through it and just sorta drifted off to other games...
I was still enjoying it just as much, but it didn't quite pull me back in like BL1 did...

Just picked up the Handsome collection for PS4 :brow:
I haven't had a chance to play the Pre-Sequel yet, so I'm looking forward to going through both of them on the PS4 with all of the DLC as I start the game :)

Would anybody be up for some Rocket League on Steam? Maybe we could set up an FC group if there's enough interest.
Did anyone else play this back on the PS3 when it was Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket Powered Battle Cars?
That had some pretty cool fields, it'll be cool if Rocket league starts bringing out some different fields :brow:

Frederick McGuire,
Reactions: grokit

Pjake

It's all in the reflexes.
Anyone on here a HotS (heroes of the storm) player? I play pretty much every day to get my daily done. My blizzard name is Pjake#1335. Anyone who wants to play should add me. I've played close to 1000 games. I'm not awesome but I'm ok.

Pjake,

420engineer

I never quite got into BL2 like i did 1...

I ended up with a Kickass Siren build in the first one, raining SMG death left and right (I had golds that could spit out massive elemental damage for every element, and a crazy powerful double anarchy SMG, and a few pieces of SMG ammo regen gear so I could basically regain ammo while firing :D)
I completed the game, New Game +, all DLCs, maxed her out at 61 (? i think, unless the level cap went up again) and I think I got the platinum trophy for it.
Pretty much did absolutely everything I could in BL1 with that siren

Then I got BL2 and got maybe 1/3 -1/2 of the way through it and just sorta drifted off to other games...
I was still enjoying it just as much, but it didn't quite pull me back in like BL1 did...

Just picked up the Handsome collection for PS4 :brow:
I haven't had a chance to play the Pre-Sequel yet, so I'm looking forward to going through both of them on the PS4 with all of the DLC as I start the game :)

Did anyone else play this back on the PS3 when it was Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket Powered Battle Cars?
That had some pretty cool fields, it'll be cool if Rocket league starts bringing out some different fields :brow:

I was the same with BL2 - it was a Christmas present from 2012, and I never got past the first few hours, they the bug bit a few weeks back, and I was utterly hooked, like I was with the first one :)

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
@grokit

Connect your PS3 controller to your PC using the stock charging cable.

Download the program "MotionInJoy" this will allow you to use your ps controller with PC! I find it works if you set it to the Xbox 360 controller emulation...your computer will then run your controller as if it was a 360 gamepad. Sometimes it doesn't seem to connect my controller, do a "vibration test" in the program seems to always find it.

It requires you to be connected to the Internet though, there is another version or a modification that allows you not to be. Forget the name off hand think it's something like Better DS3?? Don't quote me

grokit

well-worn member
Thanks for the ^ suggestions, if the wireless transmitter/software for the 360 controller doesn't do the trick I will explore these options. I do have a couple of concerns; I want to use it wirelessly via bluetooth, but I have my ps3 in the same room so maybe a conflict. Not that big of a deal since the 360 controller reaches 2 levels up to turn on that console. The mac mini does have a couple of bluetooth options including broadcom, which I attempted to update for w7 so if I go the ps3 route I should be ready. I did read something about rocket league needing the ps3 controller set up in 360 emulation mode, that is what led me to explore the 360 controllers. Starting to watch rocket league on twitch, it will take me years to be that competitive!

Last edited:

Jared

Cannabis Enthusiast
Just started playing CS:GO a little bit again after not playing for years. If anyone is looking for an incredibly cheap "gaming" mouse I ordered this for $7 shipped (now $3.99 free shipping as an addon item) and I swear it's as good or better than my old Razer Diamondback 3g that I bought this to replace. (Looked forever for a mouse with the same shape and this is basically just a chinese clone.) Could break tomorrow I guess but it seems really sturdy. All the buttons feel really solid, for the price it seems like a score. Only annoying thing I've found is the cord is pretty kinked up from being packaged but I'm sure it'll straighten out with time.

N83BkAp.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=2091268722&pf_rd_i=desktop

Jared,
Reactions: grokit

Pjake

It's all in the reflexes.
Downloaded the smite beta on the xbone last night. I watched a little twitch footage. Looked like a pretty different perspective on moba. Which i guess is cool. Any one with a traditional moba background messin with Smite? Missing my HotS. Haven't got to play much at my PC cuz I've been couch bound. Trying to acclimate a stray dog to the family when you already own two neurotic small breed dogs is kind of a pain.

Pjake,

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
Downloaded the smite beta on the xbone last night. I watched a little twitch footage. Looked like a pretty different perspective on moba. Which i guess is cool. Any one with a traditional moba background messin with Smite? Missing my HotS. Haven't got to play much at my PC cuz I've been couch bound. Trying to acclimate a stray dog to the family when you already own two neurotic small breed dogs is kind of a pain.

If I had an XboxOne, I'd be all over it.

I really liked Smite when I played it, was something fresh. Never got obsessed into it, but definitely fun. I played during Beta on PC and they had some pack for $30 where you get every god + every god ever released in the future. Worth it, even if you only play a little bit.

I was actually looking to post here to see if anyone played DOTA 2; ranked que's take me forever and I'd imagine they'd go faster duo'ing. Granted though, I'm not very good (2575 MMR) but I also have a low sample size as I don't play ranked often, takes me too long.

In regards to Rocket League, I really like it, need to play it more. THE AI cost me my season championship though to the fuckin Skyhawks; was playing through a season to get the basic mechanics down, crush everyone with a huge goal differential going into the final match.

Teammate crashes into me from behind and ruins my shot to score, gets the rebound, knocks it towards our goal, catches up to it, just bumps it straight into our goal......then he scored our ourselves again lol. I wasn't able to score enough to catch up :/

It's super rewarding though, when you get that good play. I've managed to learn the physics a bit, or at least get a better grasp on them. I'm a big fan of running the ball down the side into the corner/wall on the same side as the net, so it arcs up, and when it arcs up, I start driving toward the goal, I'm managing to time where the ball is dropping with my position for some goals off some pretty sweet crosses....to myself! Lol. I tend to play a bit more defensively online though as I find everyone is looking for glory and wants to be the guy to score.

Also, off the start, if you guys boost into the ball and just jump/shoot right before you hit it, don't hit any directional buttons when you jump just speed into it and jump, I find 9/10 times I'm able to get a real easy lob that goes right into the goal, or at the very least is a shot on goal that is blocked. Can do it from the sides too, the key is just not turning when hitting it IMO.

HellsWindStaff,
Reactions: nopartofme

Tommy10

Loved arkham knight but could have been way less batmobile, still the story telling was top notch rocksteady... Witcher was great and like the rest of the casual gaming world o lay in wait for fallout and battle front :).

Clouding

Graphics Music People Culture Anarchy Peace Vapour
Batman Arkham Knight (on pc) lucky to get it running well and i love the franchise and Rocksteady not the best port, maybe even lousy, but great universe/ predator rooms/ combat/ exploration/ characters/ coloring /details etc etc /

Just finished Metro Redux/ first, again, a favorite series, would love a 3rd, and it will come

Half way into Thief (last one), for gods know which time, great atmosphere and graphics, too bad they havent announced a sequel, but maybe Deus Ex and Hitman will be ok substitutes

Looking forward to Dishonored 2 damn, cant be better, cant dissapoint :D

Playing Evolve on and off, great with the volcano bags, perfect for fluent online gaming:)

Will play Fallout for the first time soon, ive just played computer games the last 3 years, and graphics is one of the most important factors, so I havent played the old ones. Bioshock 1-2, Assassins Creed 1 and Crysis 2 are the oldest PC games where i can enjoy and appreciate the graphics. Graphics is just a poor gimmick, gameplay is more important i know rarghrargh

h3rbalist

I used to do drugs. I still do, but I used to, too
Batman Arkham Knight (on pc) lucky to get it running well and i love the franchise and Rocksteady not the best port, maybe even lousy, but great universe/ predator rooms/ combat/ exploration/ characters/ coloring /details etc etc /

Just finished Metro Redux/ first, again, a favorite series, would love a 3rd, and it will come

Half way into Thief (last one), for gods know which time, great atmosphere and graphics, too bad they havent announced a sequel, but maybe Deus Ex and Hitman will be ok substitutes

Looking forward to Dishonored 2 damn, cant be better, cant dissapoint :D

Playing Evolve on and off, great with the volcano bags, perfect for fluent online gaming:)

Will play Fallout for the first time soon, ive just played computer games the last 3 years, and graphics is one of the most important factors, so I havent played the old ones. Bioshock 1-2, Assassins Creed 1 and Crysis 2 are the oldest PC games where i can enjoy and appreciate the graphics. Graphics is just a poor gimmick, gameplay is more important i know rarghrargh

Crisis 1 (modded and tweaked) is still the benchmark. IMO.

Are you saying you haven't played Half Life 2 or Portal?
If so, boy are you missing out.

Top Bottom