Discontinued G43 and SledGhammer

LabPong

Combusted at 12.5W few draws in with a packed G43 at around 4 min heat up time and minute or so between draws. Think I'm settling for 11.5-11.8 now, luckily I stopped immediately when I saw that glass fill up with that 'orrible yellow tinged smoke.

Wanted to thank @Terpenetime on the cleaning tips, nice one! I'm finding the G43 to be a very smooth unit. Stay safe everyone.

I suggest you do not pack it at all...leave it loose. And do not fill the bowl...maybe just 80-90$ full.....and stir maybe one time at least. That should keep you away from combusting with it. I wonder if you have a slightly warmer running one. What is your cold start ohm reading?

Is it ok that the heater wiggles around a little bit? Or is it supposed to be very tight and not wiggle at all?

I can wiggle a little bit, but turn it upside down.....then gently tap on the inside screen with something like the end of a pen or pencil. I use a brush end....just gently tap on it to make sure it is not coming loose. If it does move a bit..you will notice in the top area that the wires seem looser back and fort and the top layer of balls might move slightly.....then it is time to push on the screen inside from the bottom to tighten the heater area up. Just check this every once and awhile so you dont have all the balls and screen fall into your rig....

You can leave the battery in....(you have the sled version correct?).....just remember..pending on how long you leave it out for....you will have to go through a couple min warm up probably to get it back going to top temp. It all just depends on how much you care about using up the battery. If you have several ready to switch out...no problem.

LabPong,
Reactions: Creeper

sickmanfraud

Combusted at 12.5W few draws in with a packed G43 at around 4 min heat up time and minute or so between draws. Think I'm settling for 11.5-11.8 now, luckily I stopped immediately when I saw that glass fill up with that 'orrible yellow tinged smoke.

Wanted to thank @Terpenetime on the cleaning tips, nice one! I'm finding the G43 to be a very smooth unit. Stay safe everyone.

That is really strange. 12.5 for five minutes to get good extraction. I have a sledgehammer at the post office that I hope to compare, but I don't know if package pick up is a valid reason to leave the house, at this particular moment in time.

I am also expecting a VL P80 (for my G43 mod version) with Bud's setup that may change things.

sickmanfraud,

MileHighHuman

The mod will drain the battery slowly for the clock so it's best not to leave it in if you're not gonna use it for a week or so.

I hope you kids are being battery safe and using cases for your batteries when they're not charging or in use.

My batteries came in a paper cardboard box. Other than the plastic snap lock containers, what else is a safe way to store the batteries?

MileHighHuman,

MileHighHuman

The G43 taste SUPER similar to another vape I've had. I've got a few in mind, but I just can't put my tongue on which one it exactly is..

Its between Storz and Bikel (Volcano, Plenty, Mighty) and the EVO.

Does anyone else taste the similarities between then G43 and one of those other vapes i've listed?

If so, which one do you taste? It's bugging me not being able to decide.

:shrug:

Last edited:
MileHighHuman,

MileHighHuman

Maybe Glass Symphony XLR ? The G43 is abit like a small GS..

No its not the GS, I know that it looks very similar and uses some similar parts, but I can confirm it is not the GS that this G43 reminds me of in terms of flavor.

It's one of the Storz and Bikel devices or the EVO. Ive just not used any of them in awhile, but I do remember that yummy flavor profile from somewhere.

What material heater does the g43 use? It's a white cylinder wrapped in some type of metal wire to heat it.

Last edited:
MileHighHuman,

GoldenBud

whats the stainless steel wire wrapped around? Ceramic?
I wouldn't say it's wrapped with something. but not sure.
Something I can tell you... if you like skittles, according to your signature:brow:, just remember that Myrcene terpene is easy to detect with almost any vape...If you like the sweet taste. I really like the taste and it's by far the most flavorful flavor IMO.

I doubt you can compare it to a 2014 experience, but it's almost all glass vape... the taste is wonderful. I felt it, altought tried it only once.

GoldenBud,

MileHighHuman

Here is a photo of the heater for anyone wondering

https://i-7y1cm6s74h7m-cdn.plushcontent.com/uploads/files/zo/9ceddrnth6iysgpi.jpg

I wouldn't say it's wrapped with something. but not sure.
Something I can tell you... if you like skittles, according to your signature:brow:, just remember that Myrcene terpene is easy to detect with almost any vape...If you like the sweet taste. I really like the taste and it's by far the most flavorful flavor IMO.

I doubt you can compare it to a 2014 experience, but it's almost all glass vape... the taste is wonderful. I felt it, altought tried it only once.

haha yeah I do have a sweet tooth. thx for the info.

2014 is a long time, but in my opinion all vapes have a signature taste and different effects.

Storz and Bikel have always been some my favorite vapes for flavor.

Different topic, so there's no way we can get this g43 hooked up to a coil or some type of plug in powered heat supply, without effecting its flavor/performance?

Last edited:
MileHighHuman,

Lozo

I suggest you do not pack it at all...leave it loose. And do not fill the bowl...maybe just 80-90$ full.....and stir maybe one time at least. That should keep you away from combusting with it. I wonder if you have a slightly warmer running one. What is your cold start ohm reading?

Thanks @LabPong, I've been using the G43 with it loose, not sure why I decided to see what happens if I fill it and give it a tamp, maybe my fried brain at the time thought it was a good idea.....nope! @sickmanfraud I think it was the way I packed the G43 that led to combustion.....for sure keep it loose

Lozo,
Reactions: karec

Hippie

It's called the G43 as there's a 4mm rod inside (I THINK it's quartz) with a SS coil wrapped around it, and 3mm glass beads around that.

Yes, you can use a power supply and a step down converter to power the mod version G43
I power mine with a 12V 5A PSU and a DPS3005 or a ZK-J5X step down converter

MileHighHuman

Has anyone used the EVO ELBs with their G43? Do people prefer baskets or elev8r bowls? :rockon:

an EVO elb is a great idea. much easier to load / dump bowls. can't believe I didn't think of that..

Has anyone that uses an extra bowl, added extra glass spheres inside the 18mm male joint right under the heater? I wonder if this would benefit the performance or not?

Creeper

deep in the matrix...
Has anyone that uses an extra bowl, added extra glass spheres inside the 18mm male joint right under the heater? I wonder if this would benefit the performance or not?

I think it would hinder it as they will absorb heat from the air instead of from the coil like the other beads inside the device. If you try it out let us know how it goes.
:science:

ChooChooCharlie

Sleek "custom" armless G to complement Venus de Milo on the wall:

G-with-Venus.jpg

(bonus gift from Bud, with regular armed G)

small rig is from Puffitup, $30 after puffedup code
here's a pic for size comparison:

G-rig-size.jpg

Heard that @Stu coined the clever name SledGhammer

ChooChooCharlie,

MileHighHuman

Sleek "custom" armless G to complement Venus de Milo on the wall:

G-with-Venus.jpg

(bonus gift from Bud, with regular armed G)

small rig is from Puffitup, $30 after puffedup code
here's a pic for size comparison:

G-rig-size.jpg

Heard that @Stu coined the clever name SledGhammer

so your sled doesn't even have a handle?? How do you use it without burning yourself?

MileHighHuman,

LabPong

so your sled doesn't even have a handle?? How do you use it without burning yourself?

You can touch the bottom and top....top will get warm after a while being on. I use a arizer stem cap with the center cut out as a protective top on my G's. I can handle it with that anytime and never need to touch the handle...but I use the handle to lift off the joint to clear the dropdown.

You would have to disconnect the wires from the rda on the mod....with the sled G.....I cut my wires and re-soldered them on to the battery tabs.....with the Sled though....I do not recommend this to anyone as you might make more problems if you are not mechanically inclined. You can mess up the temps when you change resistance by messing with wires/connections on the G Sled.

I find that after 10 mins....the slide is getting pretty warm to the touch at the top area above the handle.

Acap.jpg

Chandler

Been more than a week. Some heavy use from my sledG. I'm glad to say. 'BELIEVE THE HYPE'!

I purchased a flowerpot setup in November. Pretty much everything including my G43 mod got shelved. Not because Flowerpot was best, but because at $650 Canadian it's going to get used!!
Knowing that sledG was on the way I pulled out my mod G. Instantly remembered why I loved that thing. Also a great means to compare the sledG.
I've been battling the SledG vs mod G43 vs flowerpot showerhead last few days.
The only victory flowerpot gets in my opinion is consistent clouds and battery life. (G also delivers consistent clouds but FP is like instant cloud depending on temp) Ease of use, Flavor, potency, smoothness of vapor, effects, go to G43 hands down. (don't get me wrong. FP is GREAT), The buzz is Just different from FP, different in a way I prefer. FP still smacks, but the G smacks in a way that soothes my mind unlike FP.

I'm getting up to 4 sessions per battery on the sledG. That's if I'm being efficient. Normal mode I might get two sessions because I'll blow a monster cloud n forget I still have half a session remaining n let the cell drain.
Now I set a timer. 5 mins. Pop in the battery n go. After cloud number 1, like most I need up to a min To recover, then back at it. Stir after 2nd draw. Nice even extraction. For me 4-6 solid clouds n I'm dumping the load. In comparison to my mod I'd say @LabPong assessment is correct, I compared a session at about 11.5 watts on the modG and had pretty much identical results. I ran 4 sessions 2 back to back with a break in between. So that would be 2, 5 min heatups. Got approximately 36-40 mins out of the cell. It wasn't completely dead when I removed it

I can't say one is better than the other. Mod vs sled. G43 is just great in general. However. All of the cons you can forsee about not having the mod ARE all the cons of the SledG. Simultaneously, those cons don't make the ModG better than the sledG. My only complaint would be that it sucks I can't find batteries in this country so I'll have to order from the US which than kills me in shipping and conversion. Shipping and conversion will cost as much as or more than the batteries.

SledGhammer has got to be the easiest to use hardest hitting 'commercial' vaporizer on the market. If you can get one. Get one!

Edit *just wanted to mention. I love my flowerpot. It's a beast. Most powerful vape I've ever owned by far. Wasn't trying to bash it. But toe to toe G holds its own n then some imo

Last edited:

MileHighHuman

I feel this vape does not benefit when inhaling super hard.

Some vapes like the Glass Symphony I found the harder you inhale, the bigger/better hit you get.

With the G43 I feel like a normal speed inhale works well, and that super hard inhales won't benefit your hit.

Does anyone else agree with how I feel? Wouldn't harder inhales kill the batter quicker too?

Also, i've noticed the G43 barely leaves any residue on the vape or on my pipes. My pipes have been more than easy to clean.

Last edited:
MileHighHuman,
Top Bottom