Discontinued G43 and SledGhammer

LabPong

Sorry @LabPong I should have been more clear, I meant specifically a 18mm male WPA that I could use as a bowl for the G43. The ELEV8R is a 14mm so I need to use an adapter with my bong which already cost me two glass pieces since I didn't have them clipped down (RIP). An 18mm bowl would eliminate an adapter and improve airflow so that's my next evolution in my rig. Hopefully that makes more sense this time.

@Zuhdj https://forum.vapelife.com/discussion/6387/g43-waitlist-ordering/

I suggest just using the inexpensive and very low profile adapter. I have never tried any 18/18 adapters.

vendor-unknown-18mm-male-to-14mm-female-low-profile-joint-adapter-3160275222643_82x.jpg

LabPong,
Reactions: Creeper

nonamekevin

anyone thought about taking out the heater and attaching a coil to the g43 for unlimited heat?
I don't have a g43, but an observation:

It looks like the foundation for the G43 is a standard 19/22 boro ground glass joint. If it is, they are typically made from 16mm tubes. So a 16mm coil wouldn't work because it wouldn't fit over the 19mm joint, and the handle at the top would prevent you from going from the top.

You'd have to use a 20mm coil, which would be too large around the G43 heater to be effective. It would be cheaper and easier to use a 16mm coil with a elev8r heater.

:rockon:

stinkytofus

Hello guys

How much herbs is used per load ?

After 5mins heating, first draw, how long do you have to wait for next draw?

How does this vape compare to milaana, sb, evo, and newvape flowerpot?

Thanks!

Last edited:
stinkytofus,

LabPong

Hello guys

How much herbs is used per load ?

How does this vape compare to milaana, sb, evo, and newvape flowerpot?

Thanks!

If you use stock method in stem with basket screen, about .26 maybe.

It's like a Tyson upper cut to all those other vapes!

LabPong,
Reactions: Jqcj5

SquirrelMaster

I think I'm too far down on the list to see a G43 now that The Vape Critic is going to stop producing shortly. I feel for the guy, he's obviously suffering and no one should have to go through that.

SquirrelMaster,
Reactions: karec

khelek41girl

Accessory Maker
anyone thought about taking out the heater and attaching a coil to the g43 for unlimited heat?

If you're talking about using a coil like for a FP, I highly recommend against that. I have a 16mm coil and used it wrapped around some RBT glass on an Instagram live stream a week or so ago just to see how it worked, and as it turned out, the glass ended up cracking from heat stress. Just wanted to let you know that it has been done, so that you could satisfy the curiosity lol. The G43 really is a beast though. It's sad that it's production is coming to an end

khelek41girl,

BestBuds

The Dude
So now that Bud is no longer "the Vape Critic" and closed down his VL Forum and said on a video that the G43 is no longer being made, should this thread be changed to discontinued?

BestBuds,

Jqcj5

And doubled the price of the last 70 or so remaining units from $99.00 to $199.00. Also changed the warranty from 1 year to 30 days.

Jqcj5,

DogBoy

know fear
So now that Bud is no longer "the Vape Critic" and closed down his VL Forum and said on a video that the G43 is no longer being made, should this thread be changed to discontinued?

...hell no...!!!...where will people get to talk aboot them...?!?...

...I have not even fired mine up yet...

Last edited:
DogBoy,

LabPong

For now...he did say there is about 70 units left he is going to get out to those on the front of the list now. SO probably after all those are out....that might be it unless something happens where someone else might continue the G if possible. I hope that will be the case!

And doubled the price of the last 70 or so remaining units from $99.00 to $199.00. Also changed the warranty from 1 year to 30 days.

JQ....keep in mind....the price of $199...you get more than the original $99 deal. You get all the extra glass stuff and parts he has in a bundle. I would think Bud is doing that to get rid of a bunch of those accessories and not have them sitting around to give away or take way too long to sell off.

Also, why would he continue to offer a long term warranty if he is no longer in business making them? At least he is not pulling a GHOST on everyone like they did to him as well!

DogBoy

know fear

...that is a bundle price...it is not like he jacked the price 100%...my bundle was like $180 anyway...

...it has been widely agreed that the G43 was underpriced and people gave Bud shit for not charging more, so WFT is this coming from...?!?...

...if Bud had been operating on a signifigent margin instead of a marginal one we might not be where we are today...

DogBoy,
Reactions: karec

Jqcj5

You don't need the stand and I don't use a j-hook (even though I have one of his). He always threw in pokers anyway.

I've got a sled and a Mod so I'm good.

I'm just pointing out facts. Was 99 now 199. Was covered for 1 year now just 30 days.

No big deal

Jqcj5,

Max3334

Hi,
I am new to this forum, but I have been buys classified vaporizer from this site. I was just wondering some one can help me? I am looking to get off of some one a g43 Sled if anyone is willing to part ways with it. I would also like to know how do I post something in the classified section for wanted stuff?

Max3334,

Terpenetime

I am looking to get off of some one a g43 Sled if anyone is willing to part ways with it

Good luck with that... there was one sold on Reddit a couple of days ago and another on here yesterday so they do come up very occasionally. However, I suspect you would need to act very quickly. You might also find that prices will rise now that production is ending soon.

I would also like to know how do I post something in the classified section for wanted stuff?

There’s a link below but the first thing you’d need to do is get your post count up to 50

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/classifieds-rules-updated-regularly.4407/

Terpenetime,
Reactions: Jqcj5

Azn2101

Man it was such a trip to see the site locked.

That being said it's good to see a good majority seems to be in this thread :tup:.

I don't know if this is the perfect thread for this question but I figured since it involved possibly compromising the performance of the G43, or rather the software that controls it.

So, for the life of me I can't seem to ever remember to move my mod off my lap before getting up and it leads to a lot of broken mods. Latest to bite the dust was a cheap Vaporesso and until a new one shows up I wanna keep my tank on the P80 that I ordered with the G43.

Since I only use wattage mode on the tank would it be fine to put it on this after changing the autofire?

Thanks guys.

Such a bummer about the shutdown of VL man.

My thought are with Bud.

Vaporware

Unless you’re using it through a j-hook or something else that’s really small or awkwardly shaped, attaching the mod to your glass is probably a good way to save some mods. A thick elastic band should be enough. :)

Vaporware,

Chandler

It saddens me to see the discontinued disclaimer in the Thread title. I guess we all knew it was inevitable, there were limited numbers. But, its ALL come to an end.

He definitely left his mark on the vape community/world. Nuff love bud. Gotta stay up!

Top Bottom