Discontinued G43 and SledGhammer

LabPong

To those who have the mod version is a one battery mod (I know that bud sells P80's for the G43) useful or would 2-3 batteries in a mod be a better bet?

I expect to put the Tubo firmware on my mod and run the G-43 on a long Cruise and just let it warm up for the first 3 minutes. Is a one battery mod worthwhile for the G-43 or would I be switching constantly?

At the recommended 11 Watts of power, how long does the battery last?

As for a single, double, or triple cell mod....just depends on how you use it...if you leave the mod on the table as the G is in a rig....a double or triple cell mod is nice to have for extended power time. But if you strap it to a rig...the single cell mods are the way to go for sure. You will get about 4 really good 10-14 min sessions on a cell.

If you let it run from full charge to say almost empty....you will get about 50 mins run time total on 1 cell. I have a dual cell mod....but do not use it now as switching 2 cells is not as easy and fast as a single cell. and the extra weight wore on me as I strap the mod to my rig.

The recommended starting power level is 10.1w actually.....

The myevic software works better and is the standard for the G43....I do not recall if others got it to work well with the tubo or SF software. But what ever software you use...the warm up period will be 4 mins minimum if you want a good first draw.....my average warm up is 4:20 to 5 mins.

chlorophyll_man

AVB Inspector
To those who have the mod version is a one battery mod (I know that bud sells P80's for the G43) useful or would 2-3 batteries in a mod be a better bet?
I have a Wismec RX GEN3 Dual (two batteries) mod which overheats and switches itself off when using the G43. Others including Bud himself had the same issue, so avoid this mod. It works fine on a Splinter in on-demand mode but the session mode that the G43 requires causes the overheat. This is with the sur_myevic software installed, perhaps it's fine with alternatives?
I think there were a couple of G43 users who didn't have an overheat problem with the mod but I wouldn't risk it if I were you.

Creeper

deep in the matrix...
Question for all current users, how long do you have to wait for the G43 to be ready to hit again? I haven't heard anyone say anything other than it can take a bit of time...

Creeper,

chlorophyll_man

AVB Inspector
Question for all current users, how long do you have to wait for the G43 to be ready to hit again? I haven't heard anyone say anything other than it can take a bit of time...
For me, the G43 was ready for another hit faster than I was able to recover from the previous hit. 20 seconds or so between draws then, obviously dependent on how big and and powerful your draw is too.

Creeper

deep in the matrix...
For me, the G43 was ready for another hit faster than I was able to recover from the previous hit. 20 seconds or so between draws then, obviously dependent on how big and and powerful your draw is too.

Thanks @Mushroomturtle, that's actually surprisingly good I was under the impression that it would take a while longer for the G43 to build up heat again.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I've always been intrigued by the long heat up time of this vape, are we sure it's not using conduction to vaporize?

invertedisdead,

LabPong

It depends on a few variables....how long it has been on....flower condition...your temp setting....your normal size hit..... But with that said....for me I take medium to large hits. I usually wait a minute between draws to chill/breath/drink.....then I'm ready to go for the next. My average session/bowl with it is about 12-14mins long with about 6 big hits.

But I also do the "injector" method of using the G43 where you use the Elev8r bowl and load your flower externally from the G43 slide. So if you load stock with flower in the G43 slide itself and use the basket screen.....you probably have just a bit less wait time between draws.

I've always been intrigued by the long heat up time of this vape, are we sure it's not using conduction to vaporize?

No...the load does not get hot really.....even so close to the heat source. It amazes me actually....but you can actually grab the bottom of the slid where the joint and load are and it is not hot. Because the heater is above the oven this is possible. It is just like my Tinymight RBT stem...the load area does not even got very hot because I use a rig and the vape is also upside down....though it is on demand....but I stir and right after I take the stem out every hit to stir...the stem is not hot at all to the touch...just warm.

Creeper

deep in the matrix...
@LabPong thanks buddy, I'm actually looking forward to using my ELEV8Rs like you do injection method.

I too take larger inhales if I can and strive to finish my bowls in about a handful of heat cycles so your advice is probably spot on to where I will start.

I'm so *ucking excited to get this vape, I told my friend I'm driving over to his place that night to test it out together... not sure what his girlfriend will think lolol :D

LabPong

@LabPong thanks buddy, I'm actually looking forward to using my ELEV8Rs like you do injection method.

I too take larger inhales if I can and strive to finish my bowls in about a handful of heat cycles so your advice is probably spot on to where I will start.

I'm so *ucking excited to get this vape, I told my friend I'm driving over to his place that night to test it out together... not sure what his girlfriend will think lolol :D

Awesome....glad I could help......hope your test night will be like Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure! haaa
:tup:

sickmanfraud

how long does a battery last in a Sledghammer?

To anyone who has both versions (mod and Sledgehammer), which version do you prefer and why?

Which version do you use more often?

Thanks

sickmanfraud,

LabPong

how long does a battery last in a Sledghammer?

To anyone who has both versions (mod and Sledgehammer), which version do you prefer and why?

Which version do you use more often?

Thanks

Either one is going to use about 50 mins of constant run time to drain the cell. There is no difference between them for power usage and efficiency.

Choosing between the Mod and Sled versions.....is not day and night for me.....it is a total 50/50 choice for me and I have no favorite between them....they both are the same, just slightly different.

Maybe the only determining factor will be wither you have a bunch of extra cells or not. I would go with the mod if you do not. Having the ability to manage battery usage with knowing its current state is the biggest difference between them.

One thing to think about....will you be ready to continue your bowl if the battery dies 2 hits in? For me...that is super important not to let happen.

Matty

I have a Wismec RX GEN3 Dual (two batteries) mod which overheats and switches itself off when using the G43. Others including Bud himself had the same issue, so avoid this mod. It works fine on a Splinter in on-demand mode but the session mode that the G43 requires causes the overheat. This is with the sur_myevic software installed, perhaps it's fine with alternatives?
I think there were a couple of G43 users who didn't have an overheat problem with the mod but I wouldn't risk it if I were you.

You can increase the max temp the temperature warning triggers at with surmyevic. The stock firmware sets it super low by default.

Do that and the Reuleaux will function just fine.

Last edited:
Matty,

chlorophyll_man

AVB Inspector
You need to go into surmyevic and increase the max temp the temperature warning triggers at. The stock firmware sets it super low by default.
Yeah, thanks, tried that but it didn't feel safe letting the mod heat up beyond 70C, it was hot to the touch and would have been detrimental to battery health too in my view.

chlorophyll_man,

Matty

Yeah, thanks, tried that but it didn't feel safe letting the mod heat up beyond 70C, it was hot to the touch and would have been detrimental to battery health too in my view.

It gets warm, but nothing close to dangerous. The body is aluminum, so the heat generated is going to be more noticeable by touch. Shrug.

Matty,

chlorophyll_man

AVB Inspector
It gets warm, but nothing close to dangerous. The body is aluminum, so the heat generated is going to be more noticeable by touch. Shrug.
It gets really hot, really quickly, still climbing at 70C, got to draw the line somewhere lol. The P80 can run for a long session without the temp reading rising much above 40C, so I use that instead. There is a newer Tubo/Lamart firmware released a couple of weeks ago that might help but I haven't tried it, it's listed as compatible with the RX GEN3 Dual. I keep it permanently attached to a Splinter anyway now so it's all good. Appreciate your help though.

Last edited:
chlorophyll_man,

sickmanfraud

I just received my G-43 and I have a couple of questions.

If I have a mod with Tubo FW is there a way to use the G-43 in watt mode? TCR?

I realized (too late) that I should have gotten a mod from Bud. I have asked to buy one and have it sent.

I don't seem to be able to change the watts in the current version.

sickmanfraud,

LabPong

I just received my G-43 and I have a couple of questions.

If I have a mod with Tubo FW is there a way to use the G-43 in watt mode? TCR?

I realized (too late) that I should have gotten a mod from Bud. I have asked to buy one and have it sent.

I don't seem to be able to change the watts in the current version.

Your going to need to run the myevic firmware to make it work. You need to be able to fire the mod at 10w for a long time...like 10 mins minimum.

sickmanfraud

Your going to need to run the myevic firmware to make it work. You need to be able to fire the mod at 10w for a long time...like 10 mins minimum.

I think I have it figured out, almost.

How high can you set the watts?

At like 11.5 I am getting only fair clouds and extraction?

sickmanfraud,

LabPong

I think I have it figured out, almost.

How high can you set the watts?

At like 11.5 I am getting only fair clouds and extraction?

Then something is not right...you can get clouds at 10w. What kind of rig are you using? water?

If your using a water rig...pull harder than you normally do....you should hear the air rushing into the top of the G when you pull hard enough. You should be able to get a big cloud in less than 6 second pull!

Top Bottom