Future portable vapes

budski

cantre member
not me, fuck carts, they're wasteful, especially disposables,, and I don't want any flavor additives, That said I do use them for discretion often but I get them from a local producer and know whats in them. 10% of my smoking these days.
a good cart system w/out doubling the price of the unit would be nice. Swappable battery absolute must! Customizable step progression would be nice. something like beast mode on the Airvape but low temp terp mode starting at 320 or so.

budski,

rizlafreak

two dog star
something that helps vaporization is underpressure at super low temps. so maybe...
for sure it will at first be wseen on desktop vapews. but thats what i expect to see in future.

rizlafreak,

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
A pocketable device that can evenly and quickly extract full or gently broken up nugs as well as ground herb, has precise temperature control and a fully isolated airpath. Basically a perfected Arizer Air Max.
I think this might be the guy you want.... BAKx

So simple, leverages established 510 batteries and has an all-glass airpath. Can do nugs or any type of grind. Fine temp control. I wish this vape was mass produced so it would be easier to get my hands on it. Beautiful artisan vape imo.

I'm looking to get one myself although I feel my AVLP does a good job with little nugs. Great flavor and good temp control however the airpath still has some PEEK and food grade silicone in the way although I can't really detect it.

Edit: Can't really say it's pocketable but it's not huge.

Last edited:
TigoleBitties,
Reactions: RxPlorer

Durbandream

I think this might be the guy you want.... BAKx

So simple, leverages established 510 batteries and has an all-glass airpath. Can do nugs or any type of grind. Fine temp control. I wish this vape was mass produced so it would be easier to get my hands on it. Beautiful artisan vape imo.

I'm looking to get one myself although I feel my AVLP does a good job with little nugs. Great flavor and good temp control however the airpath still has some PEEK and food grade silicone in the way although I can't really detect it.

Edit: Can't really say it's pocketable but it's not huge.
I've seen those, they look really cool but maybe a little too big for my intended use. Their scarcity makes it tempting to try and pick one up, though. I just got a TM2 and it's a pretty ideal fit except I wish the temp control were more precise. But apart from that it's great, can vape loosely broken up nugs easily.

Durbandream,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I've seen those, they look really cool but maybe a little too big for my intended use. Their scarcity makes it tempting to try and pick one up, though. I just got a TM2 and it's a pretty ideal fit except I wish the temp control were more precise. But apart from that it's great, can vape loosely broken up nugs easily.

What do you mean by more precise? For me the dial offers a full temp range and is consistent based on settings bowl to bowl in my experience (despite other variables)

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: Grass Yes

Durbandream

What do you mean by more precise? For me the dial offers a full temp range and is consistent based on settings bowl to bowl in my experience (despite other variables)
As in like the LED read out you get on the Air Max and the Backx it looks like. The TM2 is great but when you're used to dialing in temp by single degrees it feels significantly fuzzier while temp stepping.

Durbandream,

Shit Snacks

As in like the LED read out you get on the Air Max and the Backx it looks like. The TM2 is great but when you're used to dialing in temp by single degrees it feels significantly fuzzier while temp stepping.

Those readouts are not as accurate as you might think, it's all relative, and both of those are strong conduction hybrids (single degree is also much more meaningless with pure convection in particular)... And with pure convection on demand it's pretty difficult to have a measured temp that way, you can find what you need with the dial, it's just a different experience... Even the tetra where there is a display, it's just a guide, not more precise than the TM, in my experience...

Last edited:

Durbandream

Those readouts are not as accurate as you might think, it's all relative, and both of those are strong conduction hybrids (single degree is also much more meaningless with pure convection in particular)... And with pure convection on demand it's pretty difficult to have a measured temp that way, you can find what you need with the dial, it's just a different experience... Even the tetra where there is a display, it's just a guide, not more precise than the TM, in my experience...
The readouts are precise enough to give me very consistent results since I've been using it, which is good enough for me. The TM does what it does well, other vapes do what they do well, nothing crazy about that.

Durbandream,

Shit Snacks

The readouts are precise enough to give me very consistent results since I've been using it, which is good enough for me. The TM does what it does well, other vapes do what they do well, nothing crazy about that.

Nothing crazy about any of this, I just very much disagree, I think that the TM is just as precise enough as those and very consistent as well, I don't think the readout is necessary

staircase slight of hand

The readouts are precise enough to give me very consistent results since I've been using it, which is good enough for me.

Sure, you’d just need to find a spot on the TM dial that you’re happy with. Not hot enough? Turn it up. Too hot? Turn it down. It’s just a different way to set the temp, but the end results are no less precise or accurate.

Durbandream

Sure, you’d just need to find a spot on the TM dial that you’re happy with. Not hot enough? Turn it up. Too hot? Turn it down. It’s just a different way to set the temp, but the end results are no less precise or accurate.
I own both vapes, the TM is definitely less precise in use. I have a spot on the dial I like and I enjoy using the TM to temp step, but it's not as granular or defined as the Air Max, and temp stepping with a button as opposed to my fingernail is much easier.

Durbandream,

budski

cantre member
having an indent will make it easily repeatable when stepping w/out looking at the dial.

budski,

Shit Snacks

I own both vapes, the TM is definitely less precise in use. I have a spot on the dial I like and I enjoy using the TM to temp step, but it's not as granular or defined as the Air Max, and temp stepping with a button as opposed to my fingernail is much easier.

Sorry, just because you said it again, I have to say it again lol they are completely different vapes with different tech, the fact that one has a digital display, and one has an analog dial, does not make one more precise than the other... Sorry again (while I don't think a single degree means anything even with the Air, the tiny turns of the TM dial are absolutely just as granular for temp control)

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: Grass Yes

Durbandream

Sorry, just because you said it again, I have to say it again lol they are completely different vapes with different tech, the fact that one has a digital display, and one has an analog dial, does not make one more precise than the other... Sorry again (while I don't think a single degree means anything even with the Air, the tiny turns of the TM dial are absolutely just as granular for temp control)
I own and use both, it's not like you can't change my mind. Let's agree to disagree.

Shit Snacks

I own and use both, it's not like you can't change my mind. Let's agree to disagree.

I know, I just wish you would say, that you prefer the digital display because you feel like it gives you more precision... Instead of saying blanketly that it is more precise, because I just think that is completely not true... That's why I apologized so many times, it's my issue that I can't let it go lol

Durbandream

I know, I just wish you would say, that you prefer the digital display because you feel like it gives you more precision... Instead of saying blanketly that it is more precise, because I just think that is completely not true... That's why I apologized so many times, it's my issue that I can't let it go lol
I also much prefer the buttons to the dial.

cptofnthng

You guys are getting into your own thing, which is unusual for shitsnacks i think. Although i always enjoy your patient and smart discussion style, it seems to be a lost cause with this man trying to score points with emphazising arizer vapes delievering what feels like 90s technology now. I despise the company just for being boring and non inventive. Like nokia rejecting the idea of a smart phone. Hihi.

Future vapes, maybe the best of all already exisiting vapes put together? Like a fusion between very good heaters, very good materials, good adaptability, etc. Sounds easy on paper, but apparently not exciting enough for mainstream vape companies Like arizer Pax s&b, etc. Never change a running system seems to be their approach which is the opposite of what people here find interesting. I guess in 20 years there are super small super versatile 100% convection conduction choice options and after that what more can really come? A ball vape power in a pen format with Longlasting battery and nobrainer use style. Still restricted through battery development at least for now..

huk_huk

I just want something which performs like the grasshopper did but more reliable, safer airway and I wouldn't mind if it had a bigger housing with a bigger battery.
Side oven similar to the Flowerpot Pro on a portable would be nice.
And I would like to see a vape which allows to squeeze the bowl from the outside while still allowing a little airflow to cash the bowl at the last hit, probably only suited for a hybrid/conduction vape.
In a more distant future maybe there could be a vape which uses higher temps for a short amount of time without letting oxygen on the material so it can't combust. Might produce denser clouds and more efficient heating.
Another interesting concept would be a laser/led heater but not sure if it will provide any advances since low wavelength tend to heat the material the best? Maybe there are wavelength which better heat the resin in flower but not so much the plant material

Also with legalization around the world there would be a big market for a real in expensive good performing eletric device for like $15-30. Like a pod ecig but for dry herb. Not sure if this would be possible.

Another idea would be a heater suited to vaporize normal joints, like you role on and just stick it in the heater take a rip, remove the abv at the tip then get another hit from fresher herbs. Probably easier to achieve without joints but with a spiral which holds the herb and leads to the chamber

Last edited:
huk_huk,

Varden

I wonder if adding moisture to the hot air BEFORE it hits the herb would make for a more smoother vapor. Anyone knows if air with heavy water content has been tried to vaporizers?

Varden,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I wonder if adding moisture to the hot air BEFORE it hits the herb would make for a more smoother vapor. Anyone knows if air with heavy water content has been tried to vaporizers?
I would think moist air going through the heater sounds like a recipe for problems, but I could see attempting this with a ball vape and something like this attached above the heater:

I think it would probably spend a lot of energy heating the water too, but it would be interesting to find out.

Varden

I would think moist air going through the heater sounds like a recipe for problems, but I could see attempting this with a ball vape and something like this attached above the heater:

I think it would probably spend a lot of energy heating the water too, but it would be interesting to find out.
That could be doable. I wonder if it would allow the herb to remain flavourful for longer too.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
That could be doable. I wonder if it would allow the herb to remain flavourful for longer too.
I think it would not do much for flavor, although I'm skeptical about the Maillard Reaction when it comes to vaping, I do think the cooking is an essential part of the flavor. I'd be curious if water would have any impact on flavor.

BreadStick

I think it would not do much for flavor, although I'm skeptical about the Maillard Reaction when it comes to vaping, I do think the cooking is an essential part of the flavor. I'd be curious if water would have any impact on flavor.
I think humidifying the air could make the terps evaporate more slowly, meaning you would taste the terps for more draws of the session but not as potent as a dehumidified hit. But I also think that if we assume that all the cannabinoids and terps evaporated are inhaled. Then a dehumidified hit would evaporate the terps more quickly and create a super tasty first few hits and then the herb would lose flavor for the rest of the session? Kind of what we see with the like of ball vapes and the tinymight. This is assuming the herb isn't get hot enough to destroy the terps.

BreadStick,

Varden

I think humidifying the air could make the terps evaporate more slowly, meaning you would taste the terps for more draws of the session but not as potent as a dehumidified hit. But I also think that if we assume that all the cannabinoids and terps evaporated are inhaled. Then a dehumidified hit would evaporate the terps more quickly and create a super tasty first few hits and then the herb would lose flavor for the rest of the session? Kind of what we see with the like of ball vapes and the tinymight. This is assuming the herb isn't get hot enough to destroy the terps.
Yes, I can see it being better, but also being worse. That's why I think it is worth to check how it is.

Top Bottom