Fuck the Parkinson's, the Dr just gave me a reason to smoke MORE!

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Hey guy's

rough start to today, we woke up to a text at 3 in the morning letting us know that my wife's aunt died this morning. We don't know how yet as we're trying to get in touch with family.

I'll keep you all posted.

Tell her we are very sorry to hear that @mvapes. You are all in our thoughts and prayers. :(

Praying for you too @momofthegoons I didn't like surgery at all, but know it was necessary.

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
Just small tremors on left side with bradykinesia. There could be internal issues too, but hard to tell. Still all new and learning as fast as I can...
THANK YOU!!!!
-BB

Hey Barnboy,

Do you mean they ruled out asymmetrical pd? That would mean it's on both sides of her brain.

The only way to get a real diagnosis is by having a DATscan. She'd be injected with nuclear medication that lights up her dopamine receptors. They then put your head between to digital scanners that will rotate around her head for an hour or so.

What they're doing is getting a visual image of whether or not there's any degradation in Dopamine production.

Even that isn't 100% but most doctors will use terms like "Parkinson's Plus patient verified by DATscan. Going through the process of elimination could be brutal. Once I was verified PD they finally knew how to medicate me.

I would definitely ask the doctor.

BarnBoy

Reformed Combustor
Sorry to hear the bad news my thoughts and prayers go out to u and you're family

Hi @mvapes - dude I am so sorry to hear of yet another loss for you and wife. For my wife, she was initially diagnosed with an atypical form of PD - PSP and/or CBD; was still TBD. I think they tossed out PSP but they added PD. These atypical forms of PD not only take the physical it gets mental too!

Studies and test are just about to start. It is a diagnosis by not being anything else...
-BB

EDIT: will look at DATscan. Thanks!!!!

Last edited:

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
Hi @mvapes - dude I am so sorry to hear of yet another loss for you and wife. For my wife, she was initially diagnosed with an atypical form of PD - PSP and/or CBD; was still TBD. I think they tossed out PSP but they added PD. These atypical forms of PD not only take the physical it gets mental too!

Studies and test are just about to start. It is a diagnosis by not being anything else...
-BB

EDIT: will look at DATscan. Thanks!!!!

I am PSP. That's the plus! I'm very familiar with CBD (Corticobasal degeneration) and FTD (frontotemporal dementia) and the both have characteristics similar to PSP without lesions. Please keep us posted, it's still baffling me how the doctors haven't sent you in for a DAT.

Every neurologist I've seen, that's the first thing they ask.

Thanks for the warm wishes - keep me posted on your progress.

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Hey guy's

rough start to today, we woke up to a text at 3 in the morning letting us know that my wife's aunt died this morning. We don't know how yet as we're trying to get in touch with family.

I'll keep you all posted.
My condolences @mvapes, I'm keeping your family in my thoughts (like I'm not already ;)). Lemme know if you need anything.

I managed to only nap for around 30-40 minutes today, around noon. My aches turned into pains now though, so I traded fatigue for pain :\ Pulled out all the big guns and not much of a dent, on stem 2 of this Earth OG. I need to take some more Vicodin too. I don't want to, but ugh.

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Hang in there everyone.... better days are coming....

358no10.jpg

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
I've been up most of the night as my wife woke up numerous times in chills and sweats. Two things are eating away at her.

She found out that her aunt wad in the hospital for a month with severe pneumonia. And no one told Jess. IMO it doesn't get shittier than that.

Second, the last time they spoke they fought so there's a lot of guilt.

She seems better today but it looks like we may be heading to Jersey tomorrow.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I've been up most of the night as my wife woke up numerous times in chills and sweats. Two things are eating away at her.

She found out that her aunt wad in the hospital for a month with severe pneumonia. And no one told Jess. IMO it doesn't get shittier than that.

Second, the last time they spoke they fought so there's a lot of guilt.

She seems better today but it looks like we may be heading to Jersey tomorrow.
Be of good courage!

When it rains it pours!

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Hang in there @mvapes

I just got back from my occupational therapy appointment. They did an ultrasound first. Then then electrocuted me. :lol: After that, they used the TENS unit on my arm. It did help the pain.

Apparently, the pop from last week affected my EPB muscle. (Extensor pollicis brevis muscle) Which in turn affected my thumb. I can no longer hitchhike because my thumb won't bend up anymore. I guess someone else will have to do that if the need ever arises. :lol:

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
GREAT NEWS ON NANNY! The facility that she's been transferred to asked my family if we have any issues with Cannabis use in the patient. They said most patients find it calming!

I was like, Mom - ask what fucking strains their using and if I could make recommendations.

grokit

well-worn member
GREAT NEWS ON NANNY! The facility that she's been transferred to asked my family if we have any issues with Cannabis use in the patient. They said most patients find it calming!

I was like, Mom - ask what fucking strains their using and if I could make recommendations.

That's really awesome, hopefully the wave of a future full of happier seniors :)

EJRdIcf.jpg

Last edited:

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
I have to have more surgery in 3 weeks. Memorial Day weekend, Friday May 23rd. This really sucks! I go into the orthopedic surgeon to get a TENS unit, and walk out with surgery orders. :(

I ruptured my EPL tendon. (extensor pollicis longus) That was the pop I heard last week. He said it was probably being sawed away at by the jagged broken bone (like a knife) the whole time it was in the stupid cast. (thank you quack doctor, you fucker!) It got weak and finally snapped. :(

On the bright side, I got my TENS unit and didn't have to pay anything for it. :)

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
I have to have more surgery in 3 weeks. Memorial Day weekend, Friday May 23rd. This really sucks! I go into the orthopedic surgeon to get a TENS unit, and walk out with surgery orders. :(

I ruptured my EPL tendon. (extensor pollicis longus) That was the pop I heard last week. He said it was probably being sawed away at by the jagged broken bone (like a knife) the whole time it was in the stupid cast. (thank you quack doctor, you fucker!) It got weak and finally snapped. :(

On the bright side, I got my TENS unit and didn't have to pay anything for it. :)
oivzu8.jpg

Top Bottom