Fuck Conduction (The B.C. Vaporizer)

Dumnoval

Only indirectly, through turbulence. Quick drawing of how it works:

Dark blue is airflow. Red is the heating element.

Dumnoval,

toxicc

E11001420
What i was doing years ago with a BC vaporizer is that i was waiting for vapor to build up in the glass jar, then unscrew the jar and inhale directly from the jar/vaporizer. And use oil if you have access to good quality oil.

toxicc,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
@Dumnoval - since ALL vaporizers have a conduction operation component, the air flow is critical to best performance. Can you add a tube to run the intake air up to the heater platform so the air passes directly across the hot bud?

Hippie Dickie,

Dumnoval

Why was my thread merged with this one? While its about a similar type of vape, it is definately not at all the same model.

Anyway: I could modify it so that the intake goes right past the hot bud. However, I cannot modify it so that the air goes THROUGH the bud, just past the top. At least not without making a completely new insert for it, for which I would need access to a metal lathe. Might be an interesting project for a later time.

BTW, this vape cost me just 30 Euros (abour 45 US$) new from the shop, with 2 years warranty.

Dumnoval,

Dumnoval

I just realized its really easy to completely take it apart. Everything is modular, either plugged together or screwed. So modifications are really easy.

[EDIT]
The heating element is actually HOLLOW, the air intake goes through the bottom of the heating element and through holes in the middle of it, right beside the hose connection. It would be technically possible to close those holes, make a hole in the "head", add a metal screen to it and therefore add more of a convection part to it, as you would suck hot air through the bud instead of just heating the bud and moving cold air past it. That would be a rather major mod though.

[EDIT2]
Compared to the BC model this thread is about, the vapours are NOT passed through the "guts" (the lower comparement with the electronics) in this one! However, the air intake goes through that part. Actually, the hole for the power cable is also the air intake.

Dumnoval,
Top Bottom