1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

FrankyB's take on a Dynavap dugout

Discussion in 'DIY' started by frankbhelger, Dec 26, 2017.

1. frankbhelger

frankbhelger Member

Hello everyone. I have been lurking on here for about 2 years and you guys have been great. I finally have something to contribute to this wonderful community. I picked up a dynavap m and have really been enjoying it. I decided to make a couple of dugouts that fit my use style a bit better than the offering from dynavap. I wanted to avoid any kind of visible screw so I went with a brass pin. I am not sure how this will hold up but I will be giving one of these away to get some miles on it to see how it holds up. I also wanted a lighter storage compartment and green and brown storage. I have also played around with magnets to keep things closed. I am pretty happy with things so far. Since these are really just a trial run for the hinge I did not spend any time aligning the storage compartments so please ignore that. I hope to have some final pictures posted in the next week or so. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Summer, Milkaaa, cpk and 14 others like this.
  2. almost there

almost there Well-Known Member

Welcome, I love the multiple compartments

3. Phenix

Phenix Well-Known Member

Damn I’m only second

Looks awesome tough, love the idea: great concept!!
    If possible I would love to get a prototype....

4. Alex3oe

Alex3oe Well-Known Member

looks great :)

5. Sketch420

Sketch420 Well-Known Member

If it can fit one of those purple or green tubes in it then it def sounds like a winner. Looks great, Love the concept. Can't wait to see next update.

6. frankbhelger

frankbhelger Member

These definitely will not fit the tubes that came with a dynavap. They are about the same width as the tubes. These are to replace the tubes. Is there a reason you would want the tube to fit inside the dugout?

SSVUN~YAH, AtomicPB and Prolusio like this.
  7. Squiby

Squiby Well-Known Member

The perennial concern is to find a portable smell proof case or dugout that will hold a Vapcap and herb without giving away the contents. Both are potential sources of tell tell aromas.

SSVUN~YAH, shredder, AtomicPB and 3 others like this.
  8. Sketch420

Sketch420 Well-Known Member

Couldn't say it better myself. I've just never been a fan of stashing my stash in the wood hole because it tends to get stuck in the corners and the smell gives it away sometimes. But the current design looks great.

SSVUN~YAH and Squiby like this.
  9. frankbhelger

frankbhelger Member

I see. I have considered adding a rubber gasket but that will have to wait until I have better tooling.

10. frankbhelger

frankbhelger Member

Alright I have the first two completed. Here are a few glamour shots:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. CarouselOnFire

CarouselOnFire Member

WOW!
    This is a beauty - really love the simplicity/elegance combination. Having a spot to store the lighter is a great addition, really just makes grab everything and go. No losing/forgetting the lighter.

Glad you posted this, please keep updating.

SSVUN~YAH, Summer and Milkaaa like this.
  12. frankbhelger

frankbhelger Member

Will do. The blanks are all machined to size. I am currently working on jigs to keep everything nice and accurate.

13. Milkaaa

Milkaaa Well-Known Member

Very Nice job ! :clap:

SSVUN~YAH and Summer like this.
  14. alterego420

alterego420 Well-Known Member

Very nice mate. Have you considered also making a slimmer version to hold just a Vapcap and Aomai lighter ?

Kozzmozz, SSVUN~YAH, ander and 2 others like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors