Forced break; going crazy

beiberhole69

Sexual Maven
man... i really need to vent right now. I'm on a break from thc [last hit was Fri afternoon sometime] for a potential job opportunity coming up. The last time I had a break was probably 2011 sometime for a week or two, just to see if i could and to decrease my tolerance some. I don't remember it being as hard last time... but of course, i wasn't surrounded with all these fun toys i use to consume... but even aside from having to put away all my vape toys... this last week has been pretty grueling.

stomach aches, no sleep, restless sleep when i finally do sleep, messed up dreams... cravings can be pretty bad, especially if I have a drink or two... I don't remember it being this bad last time. In fact, it was pretty nice and i almost considered not picking up the bong again. The cycle of nausea and no appetite is probably the worst... I'm already skinny as fuck, I can't afford to lose any muscle mass (job opp involves some pretty tough labor too)

Gonna get some kava kava and peppermint tea or something... certain breathing exercises have been good for relaxing and catching a little buzz.

Got a minimum of 4 or 5 more days left... but if I get the opportunity probably another couple of weeks till the test gets scheduled.

Really just want to curl up in that warm fuzzy haziness of a good high and fall asleep to some Seinfeld or something.

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
Hang on in there bud, remain focused on your goal and always remember why you are doing what you are doing.

I always found writing short stories, poems, raps or what ever helped me during times I had to abstain from the green. Whatever your creative ability is I'd suggest you run with that, it can offer its own form of warm fuzzy haziness.

Also do try to eat if you can, if you have no food you will have no energy and you'll need energy to keep your strength and fuel your willpower.

Wishing you all the best bud.

Good luck!

beiberhole69

Sexual Maven
There's always another option...I have had much success with Quick Fix by Spectrum Laboratories...as long as nobody is watching.

thanks, but nah... from my understanding it would be a mouth swab test... plus, not getting clean is pretty disrespectful to the person that sacrificed to get me this potential opportunity, so I don't want to spit in their face.

another one of the worst things is waking up every hour and wishing i could just take one puff to help me sleep right... then dreaming that i did puff and then feeling all guilty... lol

mephisto

@beiberhole69 stay strong man, the dreams will lessen in intensity and the restlessness will subside. I am 42 days into the first extended t-break since I found mary jane 21 years ago. The suggestion from @DieHard is a good one, I can also vouch for the product. However the other employer I had interviewed with mentioned a urine test and a hair test, so much for substitution. Been through 7 interviews for this new job, and shaved off all my hair and registered for a triathlon in May. Its a real m@#%%$$^@r to walk away from the herb, but you clearly have the right mindset and motivation. Best wishes for snagging your new job. Sorry to hijack your thread......

beiberhole69

Sexual Maven
Sorry to hijack your thread......

nah man, thanks for the words of encouragement... everyone is welcome to share their stories or whatever.

it's def not all bad. One good thing is I finished [or will finish] a 400+ page book in the last 24 hrs. I like to read but when i'm baked I can only read for 20-40 min before i'm ready for a nap... but today i'm 317 pages in in only two sittings.

virtualpurple

@beiberhole69 like @mephisto i feel your pain! I have been in a break since December 28th and am being held up by the federal hiring freeze.

I will be exploring different herbs in the meantime when, and I will try and post my results, if helpful.

It sounds like your cleanup plan is pretty speedy overall, care to share with us?

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
@beiberhole69 like @mephisto i feel your pain! I have been in a break since December 28th and am being held up by the federal hiring freeze.

I will be exploring different herbs in the meantime when, and I will try and post my results, if helpful.

It sounds like your cleanup plan is pretty speedy overall, care to share with us?

@beiberhole69 try the ethno botanical thread for alternatives. Good luck!

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-ethnobotanical-thread.148/
I have mentioned some things worth trying. Not sure if any of those things would produce a false positive for anything.:lol: Mostly stuff used in teas. But with fussier sources for better oils. Chamomile, Lemon grass, Lemon Balm, or anything from the mint family.
Chamomile can dirty some vapes. But more about that in the thread. Stay vaped but drug free.:chill: For now anyway.. :peace:

virtualpurple

I have mentioned some things worth trying. Not sure if any of those things would produce a false positive for anything.:lol: Mostly stuff used in teas. But with fussier sources for better oils. Chamomile, Lemon grass, Lemon Balm, or anything from the mint family.
Chamomile can dirty some vapes. But more about that in the thread. Stay vaped but drug free.:chill: For now anyway.. :peace:

Thank you much!

virtualpurple,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Try melatonin for sleep. It seemed to work for me somewhat: maybe a little placibo effect.

macbill,

beiberhole69

Sexual Maven
Good luck @beiberhole69

For whatever it might be worth.... Mouth swabs can only detect MJ for the past couple days at most. Just saying.

Yea, I've read that, can't really chance it at all though. Want to get my tolerance down as well. It really hasn't been that bad, I'm just being dramatic. I have the nausea and appetite issues even when I am toking. Insomnia too... so not toking exacerbates it all. I'm a mess.

beiberhole69,

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
thanks, but nah... from my understanding it would be a mouth swab test... plus, not getting clean is pretty disrespectful to the person that sacrificed to get me this potential opportunity, so I don't want to spit in their face.

another one of the worst things is waking up every hour and wishing i could just take one puff to help me sleep right... then dreaming that i did puff and then feeling all guilty... lol

Hey bud, a mouthswab test will be cleared out in like 48 hours. It's actually the best test IMO. Because it tests if you've RECENTLY used, like if you are getting high on the job, etc. Doesn't punish people who responsibly use and responsibly abstain knowing they have a job interview coming up.

I used to work security, when I got the job, I had my interview in early afternoon. I didn't anticipate a drug test. They said, we're gonna test you, last time I smoked was the night prior at midnight, so about 12 hours.

Me, panicking, told the HR lady I didn't think I would pass and if I could come back in morning. Strangely enough, this worked lol.

Total time abstained was like 34 hours and I passed no problems. Didn't do anything strange but I Did pocket some mouthwash and used that about 5-10 minutes before entering the building. I also didn't lather it up with spit, but I gave them enough. I was a daily multiple times a day heavy user who smoked.

I second DieHard and Mephisto as well and have used Quik Fix, just make sure you get the recent releases as I'm under impression the tests change and in response Quik Fix also changes. Remember there being failures with it a few years ago regarding uric acid or something. I've used QF for standard dippy tests and it works good, pretty sure it works even if sent to a lab but again not positive (believe the failures in past were on lab tests who saw it missed uric acid or whatever) Get the leg strap if you do, worth the $20.

I have a bottle from a job in q3 2015 wonder if it's still good? Any perspective @DieHard or @mephisto ? It was microwaved and kept warm with handwarmers roughly 30 times lol, and since then has been in a cool dark place (my closet).

mephisto

@HellsWindStaff I would not trust that sample, especially after the repeated warmups. I have read that the samples can be reheated many times without impacting the integrity, however I would imagine after this long of a time period, there may be some degradation or sediment fallout. Better safe and buy a fresh batch. I have a sample left over from the last year which I carried daily in case of a random, not gonna chance it. It goes into the trash. As long as you acquire the latest batch from QF, you should be good to go, so to speak. I believe the inferior batches from years ago lacked urea, a byproduct definitely present in human urine. Creatine is another marker that verifies a "legit" sample.
Isn't it ironic that all of us sweating the tests and forced t-breaks could smoke some meth, bump some crank ( sorry old school reference ) or base up some street powder and we would be clean within 3 days. It really sucks a speckled clown whang that the HVAC industry doesn't want the heater man to be getting down with MJ. What the fuck do you think keeps the heater man going?????? Fucking horrible I tell ya, some of the worst, smelliest, dirty, laborious tasks I have had to face were made quite doable thanks to MJ. Damn I miss you Mary Jane!
And by the way, who the fuck takes 7 fucking interviews to decide if you are a good candidate?????
I fix the fucking heat/a/c and now this bullshit. Need to visit the FU thread again......Good luck my fellow t-breakers, you can do it dammit!

mephisto

Thanks for the good mojo folks, I can't stand myself these days. I just want to work.......

mephisto,

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
@HellsWindStaff I would not trust that sample, especially after the repeated warmups. I have read that the samples can be reheated many times without impacting the integrity, however I would imagine after this long of a time period, there may be some degradation or sediment fallout. Better safe and buy a fresh batch. I have a sample left over from the last year which I carried daily in case of a random, not gonna chance it. It goes into the trash. As long as you acquire the latest batch from QF, you should be good to go, so to speak. I believe the inferior batches from years ago lacked urea, a byproduct definitely present in human urine. Creatine is another marker that verifies a "legit" sample.
Isn't it ironic that all of us sweating the tests and forced t-breaks could smoke some meth, bump some crank ( sorry old school reference ) or base up some street powder and we would be clean within 3 days. It really sucks a speckled clown whang that the HVAC industry doesn't want the heater man to be getting down with MJ. What the fuck do you think keeps the heater man going?????? Fucking horrible I tell ya, some of the worst, smelliest, dirty, laborious tasks I have had to face were made quite doable thanks to MJ. Damn I miss you Mary Jane!
And by the way, who the fuck takes 7 fucking interviews to decide if you are a good candidate?????
I fix the fucking heat/a/c and now this bullshit. Need to visit the FU thread again......Good luck my fellow t-breakers, you can do it dammit!

Thanks buddy, I was kind of thinking that better safe than sorry would be the case, so I'll order some next time I am worried bout a job! Best of luck in your search! Creatine is definitely used to "legit" a sample, but I do think they always had that. It is actually "creatinine" they check for, which is metabolite of creatine. The Urea bit you mentioned sounds right.

I passed a test legit one time with a week abstaining, I basically just flushed my body to I was pissing water, but loaded up on multivitamins and tons of creatine in the days before the test, so that while my piss was basically water, it met the correct balance and color and everything because of the exces creatine/vitamins I took. Was just a dippy so not sure if that would work in a lab style.

HellsWindStaff,
Reactions: mephisto
Top Bottom