• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Tek for: Extraction Artists

what tek do you use and prefer?

• Total voters

farscaper

http://oilextech.com might be interesting for those looking to use microwaves to make oil without dropping 30k on a NEOS-GR
... is this not just a special tea brewer you can mircowave basically?

are we just talking basic mirowave powered steam distillation here?

it perhaps is to early for seemingly simple complexity... but this just seems a lot easier than it should? imma go watch that video and learn more when I have some free time.

farscaper

the separation in the video seems like a vague process... seems a seperatory column would be better than trying to suck oil off the surface of a beaker...

more info needed for sure!

edit: those kits run 150 bucks... I see this as a very DIY-able for far cheaper and since the solvent of frozen distilled water is optimal I am going to take a swing.

time to think. im going to try it in a few weeks with low qual. if anything remotely usable comes out it will be worth investing more quality good in!

Last edited:

CrazyDiamond

Crosseyed & Painless
@farscaper so you are going to build that oilextech gadget yourself? Vague is an understatement, lol. I can't figure out what the thing is made up (I do know the microwave part).

CrazyDiamond,
Reactions: farscaper

farscaper

nope. I doubt it would be worth the yield.

as stated above I think it would be shocking if you could manage to get a decent yield from it...

here check it out... in reality... it would be a strait mess with cannabis...

amberevil

idk about paying 250... although its uses in my mid include the following

press coconut oil out of plant matter for a solvent less soak in coconut oil. try getting it out without a press

pressing alcohol wash out of plant material for quickwash

I think the only alternatives for those would be squeez the filter with at best gloved hands... or a vacuum filter. which a proper one can be had for 30 bucks on amazon but... that pesky pump problem arises... so I see that as being a vastly useful tool in my kitchen... but I dont see me droping 250 for it when a french press does ok.
Its funny, over a year ago making butter I uses a patato ricer from bed bath and beyond. I think It work pretty good and cost less than 10 dollars

amberevil,
Reactions: DieHard

CrazyDiamond

Crosseyed & Painless
And I found something. No more double boiler setup for me...I got one of these, off of the bay for a little over $100 (I've seen them at some websites for about $100 more)...these things retail at about $1100! Link to mfr site http://www.torreypinesscientific.com/products/digital-hot-plates/echotherm-hp30-and-hs30
and pic from there
HS30-large.jpg

I can put an 8"x8" square pyrex directly in contact with the square as you will see in the following pics. I definitely have to play with temps and such...I started too low...I then brought the temp of the plate way up...started seeing liquid temps slowly creeping up...as soon as I hit 95*F in the liquid, I started decreasing temp. With the IR temp gun, I monitored and adjusted the hot plate temp down all the way until the liquid was gone while maintaining 95-98*F in the oil :D Al in all, it took less than an hour to get to what you see below.
I also do not scrape anymore...thanks to @2clicker for recommending that :tup:

Without further ado....
IMG_5662.jpg

IMG_5661.jpg

IMG_5665.jpg

IMG_5667.jpg

Cool how the oil formed an "F" pattern...wheres the "C"? lol

Top Bottom