For anyone interested in medical cannabis reviews in Florida!

CrazyDiamond

Crosseyed & Painless
Summerfield is up in Central Florida...the funny thing to me is it is one building over from Surterra...shows how long its been since I've been to Surterra cuz the last time, Vidacann wasn't there.

iammyself

Summerfield is up in Central Florida...the funny thing to me is it is one building over from Surterra...shows how long its been since I've been to Surterra cuz the last time, Vidacann wasn't there.
Oh, Google Maps lied to me when I put Summerfield into the search. I guess there’s a place called that by me too. The search VidaCann Summerfield shows the location next to the Surterra. Going up Biscayne Blvd in Miami, there is a 3 mile stretch with Ayr, VidaCann, The Flowery, Grow Healthy, and Trulieve. That my new version of the Duvall crawl :brow:

Give them a try, they seem to be doing pretty well right now. It’s hard not to take the gamble if you leave near one of the few stores offering the discount.

iammyself

I just got back and tried the two eighths I got at Vidacann for $19 today. Wow. My mind is blown that we are getting this quality for these prices here in Florida finally. Having started in the program back in 2018, flower wasn't even sold yet. Then the first few years flower was available, it was mostly garbage. Then there was good flower, but it was $50 minimum. Then decent flower for $35.

Hell, even about a year ago I was happy when I paid less than $30 per eighth. That usually only happened on big sales days, and you'd end up waiting in long lines everywhere (not just Trulieve). And now I walked in to a completely empty store that offered fast service, and walked out less than 5 minutes later paying less than $10 for some quality product.

After checking the COAs on the website for THC and terp %, which I love is becoming more common at our dispensaries, I picked Cap Junky and King Dosi. I typically won't buy anything less than 20% THC and 2% terps now. Both strains have a similar flavor profile, primarily limonene. The Cap Junky is more of a creamy, sweet lime while the King Dosi has an earthly note. Just to be sure I wasn't being a pretentious weed snob and imagining things, I wrote that description before checking the COA for the dominant terps.

Indeed, they both have limonene and caryophyllene in about the same quantities, but the Cap Junky has some linalool as a minor terpene while the King Dosi has myrcene. I just looked up the description of those terpenes. The linalool is described as citrus sweet, and the myrcene as spicy earthy. Using vapes has really developed my pallet I guess. Any dispensary wanting to hire a weed sommelier hit me up. :lol:

AJS

Calm Consistency
I just got back and tried the two eighths I got at Vidacann for $19 today. Wow. My mind is blown that we are getting this quality for these prices here in Florida finally. Having started in the program back in 2018, flower wasn't even sold yet. Then the first few years flower was available, it was mostly garbage. Then there was good flower, but it was $50 minimum. Then decent flower for $35.
Man, I was gunna give it a try, and the Vidacann by me closed down it looks like :lol:

AJS

Calm Consistency
Wanted something cheap to hold me over til Monday to get Sunburns quarter smalls for $35

Ended up going to curaleaf as I heard they improved.

They had frosted motor breath for $20. But they also had the same strain, from Grassroots brand Minis for $24. She recommended the $24 branded minis over the $20 curaleaf regular.

Small buds for sure, a bit larfy, but came with a humidity pack and smells pretty solid. A sweet, slightly diesel sour smell, but gets that dry soily smell after the initial sniff of terps on a long inhale.

It’s not super competitive in the $25 space. Would’ve liked to try the $20 as I give more grace in that price range as RiSE can’t match it usually.

For a 2 minute drive and 3 minute wait, it’s not too shabby.

Edit:
It's actually pretty dang sticky breaking it up. Could pick up my sunburn bag with just the sticky from the finger lol.
Maybe it's just from the Boost pack in there giving it moisture.

Flavor is good, but weak, and doesn't hold long. Fortunately, it doesn't turn into a dark taste, it just turns neutral pretty quickly.

For $24 ($25), there's better out there, but happy to not be disappointed with a Curaleaf visit.

Effects are certainly there.

Last edited:

MoeOnTheMoon

Medical Marijuana Activist
Company Rep
I have never heard of there being a limit on how many time you can go to a given dispensary within the 7 month...i go about every 2 weeks and load up since I have to drive 20 minutes each way. The y do sell gummies and other edibles..all of them do afaik. I didn't fill out what I wanted with the Doctor, we discussed it and they gave me every option there is, so I can get whatever I want, but I stick to flower, budder/badder, rosin.
The Doc I go to is CannaMD...A little more expensive than other but I've NEVER had any issues...even no problems increasing my limits. The records thing is an individual experience thing in my opinion...I have back issues and other things in my record so I didn't have any problems. My follows ups are always pleasant and its basically a chat with how things are going with my stuff and what has helped or not helped, etc.
That's helpful info, thanks.
Do you - or anyone - know if you can order stuff from another state where it's legal? I'm guessing not if it has more than .3 thc, right?

I think I'm learning that here in Central Florida (between Orlando and Ocala) there are not only a lot fewer doctors but also a lot fewer dispensaries to choose from, and the dispensaries tend to not have as many options. Guess that's what I get for living "out in the sticks". LOL.
I am thinking I might have to drive to Orlando one day after I get my license, and shop around there for things like high cbn indica gummies and other more specific things.

I seldom see indica gummies for sale anywhere though, not even cbd from indica. Anyone know why that is? One of the reasons I'm getting my card is in hopes of finding a lower thc indica strain of bud and gummies.

MoeOnTheMoon

Company Rep
There are a myriad of ways to mitigate the cost of the MJ doctor and cost for the card. For instance, most dispensaries offer a discount each time you get your new card and offer significant first time customer discounts..... but your purchases will be so small the discounts won't really offset the Dr. and card cost.

We've never needed a recommendation from a primary care doctor to see a MJ doctor and we've never had a MJ doctor ask to see out medical records. You could bring a copy of your medical records showing a qualifying condition if you want to grease the wheels .. it might make you more comfortable. Take a look at the web sites for MJ doctors and you'll see all the issues that would qualify you...like migraines.

My wife had severe migraines and a neurologist recommended an MJ doctor who actually went over her issues like a primary care doctor.

We've had experience with two types of MJ doctors...one doctor was very much interested in helping my wife with her pain and actually "treated" her and gave her advice on a myriad of health issues including MJ. We had another whose only interest was helping her find a reason for needing cannabis. Both of these doctors require follow up visits to qualify you for the card and you don't have to do much more than say "I'm still experiencing severe migraines". None of this is covered by health insurance.

In my case I've been using cannabis for almost 50 years and new more than the doctors did about what our needs/wants where, the type of cannabis we wanted and they actually listened and created a recommendation based on what I suggested. For example, we asked for edibles when the doctor didn't include them and they just rubber stamped it.

Take a look at a dispensary's web site near you. Many will have recommendations on how to get started and will even have a number to call for information AND many include a MJ specific doctor recommendation.
Thanks much. I guess the doctor thing is looser than I thought, my only knowledge being from looking at web sites of doctors. Guess they gotta put on their most professional face online...

Funny you mention migraines. I just told my new GP dr I had migraines for the 1st time, the other day, (to get her to put it on my record in case I need it). And she did not put it in her report at all and told me "the best thing is ibuprofen or tylenol" so no prescripton either. I guess I won't need it hopefully. I wonder if she was anti-mj and knew what I was up to?

I can't go inside a dispensary here at all even to just look or talk to someone - before I get the license?

I too have been using mj off and on for 50 years. But new to Florida.

Last edited:

MoeOnTheMoon

Company Rep
I stocked up some more today at Ayr and Grow Healthy. Ayr has become my go-to for budget concentrates. It hits the sweat spot of quality and price. The live concentrates are good enough for sub-$25 on sale. And the RSO is decent. So I grabbed a couple grams of Snickerdoodle live sugar, and a couple grams of Boston Runts #5 RSO. The Snickerdoodle tastes better than the 2.22% terps would indicate.

Grow Healthy is my go-to for budget flower. It would be Sunburn after my pickup this weekend, but the closest one is a 35 min drive in a direction I never really go. I asked the employee for the terpene % for the flower that was on sale today, and ended up with Ruby X, AFxCS, and Sour Garlic Cookies. The Ruby X is larfy and disappointing looking. The smell is pungent. I haven't tried it yet, so can't comment on effects. The AFxCS (Apple Fritters x Creamsicle) also smells really good, and looks better. Both it and Ruby X should be sold as Littles, which it seems they stopped doing a while ago.

The real show stopper is the Sour Garlic Cookies. It looks great, smells amazing, and tastes just as good. The buds are soft and wet with terpenes. The garlic smell punched me in the face when I opened it. The flavor tasted just as good as the smell, and the effect have been pretty good.

Good to know. There's an AYR not too far from me. I did look at their site and was amazed at the price vs street stuff that probably isn't even as good. (A guy I know gets street stuff.)

CrazyDiamond

Crosseyed & Painless
You must be talking about AYR Summerfield...lately they've had some great prices...I mean, $26 for 1 gram badder. yes please :)
That dispensary is the furthest from me in my area, after that it's Ocala and Orlando and I don't have the time to go there since I still work full time.

MoeOnTheMoon

Company Rep
You must be talking about AYR Summerfield...lately they've had some great prices...I mean, $26 for 1 gram badder. yes please :)
That dispensary is the furthest from me in my area, after that it's Ocala and Orlando and I don't have the time to go there since I still work full time.
Eustis.
I just checked their store online and they don't have much in the way of gummies but they seem to have a decent selection of flower, though it's all Kynd brand. I don't know the brand, just surprised they only have one brand.
Checked out Trulieve in Eustis as well and am shocked that they NOR the Apopka store have ZERO flower! Is that normal - for a dispensary to be OUT of flower??

AJS

Calm Consistency
Eustis.
I just checked their store online and they don't have much in the way of gummies but they seem to have a decent selection of flower, though it's all Kynd brand. I don't know the brand, just surprised they only have one brand.
Checked out Trulieve in Eustis as well and am shocked that they NOR the Apopka store have ZERO flower! Is that normal - for a dispensary to be OUT of flower??
Not many places really use branded flower. Most just sell the flower of their dispensary.

Ayr has some different lines. Kynd, Lost in Translation, and then their own discounted flower.
Trulieve has a bunch of different types of brands. Most do not tho.

Places shouldn't really be sold entirely out of flower. Maybe something up with their website, you could try giving a call as well.

CrazyDiamond

Crosseyed & Painless
Several places have told me that their websites are set at thresholds of inventory, meaning, when an individual store hits a certain amount left in stock, the website will report it out of stock when there is still some at the store if you walked in. Most of the time I do walk-in due to that,

AJS

Calm Consistency
Lately haven't been wanting to drive to get any flower, which leaves Curaleaf and SunnySide as my fastest options.
@His_Highness I recall you finding some that you liked at Curaleaf. Do you remember which strains those were?

Maybe I should start taking advantage of free deliveries around my area. Delayed gratification doesn't do it for me tho...

Edit:
Curaleaf sells a separate line called Find., half ounces $75 discounted, and ounces $140.
Cool to see some bulk options that aren't preground.

Edit2:
Ayr doing ALL flower for $15 right now, and some for $12.

Last edited:

MoeOnTheMoon

Company Rep
Not many places really use branded flower. Most just sell the flower of their dispensary.

Ayr has some different lines. Kynd, Lost in Translation, and then their own discounted flower.
Trulieve has a bunch of different types of brands. Most do not tho.

Places shouldn't really be sold entirely out of flower. Maybe something up with their website, you could try giving a call as well.
Yeah it seemed crazy to me. I'm still trying to find an affordable doctor around here. Seems they're all $195 now plus the $75. Too rich for my blood. So anyway I'm just trying to check out what's available in my area and when I saw one of the most well known dispensaries had zero flower in 2 of their locations it was kind of surprising to say the least.

MoeOnTheMoon

Company Rep
Several places have told me that their websites are set at thresholds of inventory, meaning, when an individual store hits a certain amount left in stock, the website will report it out of stock when there is still some at the store if you walked in. Most of the time I do walk-in due to that,
Ok, that's good to know. Thanks.

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
Lately haven't been wanting to drive to get any flower, which leaves Curaleaf and SunnySide as my fastest options.
@His_Highness I recall you finding some that you liked at Curaleaf. Do you remember which strains those were?

Maybe I should start taking advantage of free deliveries around my area. Delayed gratification doesn't do it for me tho...

Edit:
Curaleaf sells a separate line called Find., half ounces $75 discounted, and ounces $140.
Cool to see some bulk options that aren't preground.

Edit2:
Ayr doing ALL flower for $15 right now, and some for $12.
I believe the Curaleaf strain/purchase that turned around my "Never buy Curaleaf flower" attitude was called Pai Gow.

AJS

Calm Consistency
Yeah it seemed crazy to me. I'm still trying to find an affordable doctor around here. Seems they're all $195 now plus the $75. Too rich for my blood. So anyway I'm just trying to check out what's available in my area and when I saw one of the most well known dispensaries had zero flower in 2 of their locations it was kind of surprising to say the least.
Marijuana doctor I think is $165 plus the $75 card.

There’s a FL MMJ Facebook group, and some people have found some smaller time docs who do it for cheaper. May want to check around there too.

MoeOnTheMoon

Company Rep
Marijuana doctor I think is $165 plus the $75 card.

There’s a FL MMJ Facebook group, and some people have found some smaller time docs who do it for cheaper. May want to check around there too.
Thanks for the info. Around Lake Co there are only 4-5 docs, and they are all $195. plus $195 renewals. Guess I may have to travel some to get a cheaper one. I think even $165 is way too high.
When I lived in CA under prescription rules, back in the early days of CA's medical MJ, the doctors were $40-50 for an entire year. So to me, $165 for 7 months is outrageous. Also the license was a one shot deal, not a yearly renewal.
But if I can find one for $165 who charges less for renewals I guess I'll for for it. I am retired and live on social security, so that's why the money is an issue.

AJS

Calm Consistency
Sunburn Animal mint smalls, quarter for $38
Looks great, smells strong, feels soft.

I pulled up in my car today as my AC is finally fixed, instead of my gf car.

“What happened to the little yellow car you drove?! Is this one new?”

Pretty cool I’ve only been there a few times and he’s attentive enough to notice something like that.

Top Bottom