For anyone interested in medical cannabis reviews in Florida!

AJS

Calm Consistency
Luv the specs!

Awhile back I got some Jungle Boys 8ths at their lower price point and "we" were all surprised at how good it was. As I remember their prices were some of the highest I've seen though.
Flowery has them beat in terms of price. $60 an eighth for their good stuff, hard to find something in the $40s.

Think JB at least keeps it at $45/eighth, but they don't really do discounts, so still quite pricey.

CrazyDiamond

Crosseyed & Painless
This one wasn't a press, it's a disposable with inhale activation. Haven't seen this type from the other dispensaries where it has has an auto-cutoff
Oh, I don't think I would get something like that, mainly because I want to control what dosage I'm getting. I don't want to depend on a chip making that decision and this is coming from an IT guy, lol. Sorry I misunderstood.

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
I bought so much discounted weed back when I was tracking the sales closely/daily that it has taken me till now to get down to just 2 jars. Its been close to a year. Thanks goodness for Boveda packs and airtight containers.

Its been so long since I tracked the sales/discounts/dispensaries. There are a number of new dispensaries available to me and naturally the discounts for 50% off first time customers and the like have my eye. I'm only looking at 8ths with THC% > 20%:
- Cannabist: 1st Visit - 40% OFF - AND 50% off - starting prices $30 and $40.
- Goldleaf: 25% off your first order. Chimera 4 strain - 29% THC for $25
- Green Dragon: First Visit: 50% off - THC % > 20 - starting at $25 - $45 - Some THC% > 25%
- INSA: Supposedly I will be sent a 50% off coupon for the first visit. They have some $40 THC% > 20%.
- Sanctuary: Very high THC % for $21 not stackable. New patients are eligible to receive 50% off their purchase of $149 or less or $75 off a purchase of $150 or more on their 1st, 2nd and 5th visits to Sanctuary

Anyone done business with them?

General observation - looks like the low prices have stabilized at around $20 (Back when I stopped tracking I would have bet on $10 - $15 as the low point but the THC% seem to be climbing (Yes, I know the specs/COAs can/are be BS).

AJS

Calm Consistency
I bought so much discounted weed back when I was tracking the sales closely/daily that it has taken me till now to get down to just 2 jars. Its been close to a year. Thanks goodness for Boveda packs and airtight containers.
:lol::D

Its been so long since I tracked the sales/discounts/dispensaries.
Seems a lot of dispensaries are moving towards weekly, consistent deals.
Sunburn 1/4 Mondays, freebie Sundays, then eighth/concentrates deals throughout the week.
GH MPX Mondays and MPX Fridays

Things of that nature.

Cannabist: 1st Visit - 40% OFF - AND 50% off - starting prices $30 and $40.
A quick search, seeing a lot of mixed reviews. Most are disliking the flower and say its bad but a few enjoying it.

Goldleaf: 25% off your first order. Chimera 4 strain - 29% THC for $25
Heard they are top tier flower, but with limited availability throughout the sate, don't see much talk of them.

Green Dragon: First Visit: 50% off - THC % > 20 - starting at $25 - $45 - Some THC% > 25%
Have only heard bad things. Like 1 or 2 people who just "like" them, but without much reason.

INSA: Supposedly I will be sent a 50% off coupon for the first visit. They have some $40 THC% > 20%.
Have a few strains people love, heard the Gary Payton is great. They stack discounts, and add on bulk discount as well, at least when I went.
Heard their concentrates are a miss.
When I went the buds were nice looking but dry as usual. Not hay dry tho.

Sanctuary: Very high THC % for $21 not stackable.
Seeing mostly good things.

Edit:

Keep in mind, a lot of these are just me searching the name of the dispensary in the facebook group, someone says "anyone like these guys", and there's 10 replies or so explaining experiences.
I'm just simplifying that.

Last edited:

AJS

Calm Consistency
Lol, we don't have ANY of those around here :(
I got like 2 of those but 25 mins away.

I got

Two Ayrs
Sunburn
Fluent
Surterra
Trulieve
HT Cannabis (House of Platinum)
RiSE
Curaleaf
Two Sunnysides
Muv
Oh...a Green dragon, didn't know.

All within 10-15 mins.

Then GH, Sanctuary, JB, Insa within 30.

Pretty crazy pickins here.

His_Highness

:lol::D

Seems a lot of dispensaries are moving towards weekly, consistent deals.
Sunburn 1/4 Mondays, freebie Sundays, then eighth/concentrates deals throughout the week.
GH MPX Mondays and MPX Fridays

Things of that nature.

A quick search, seeing a lot of mixed reviews. Most are disliking the flower and say its bad but a few enjoying it.

Heard they are top tier flower, but with limited availability throughout the sate, don't see much talk of them.

Have only heard bad things. Like 1 or 2 people who just "like" them, but without much reason.

Have a few strains people love, heard the Gary Payton is great. They stack discounts, and add on bulk discount as well, at least when I went.
Heard their concentrates are a miss.
When I went the buds were nice looking but dry as usual. Not hay dry tho.

Seeing mostly good things.

Edit:

Keep in mind, a lot of these are just me searching the name of the dispensary in the facebook group, someone says "anyone like these guys", and there's 10 replies or so explaining experiences.
I'm just simplifying that.

NOW THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!!!!! Thanks for the info!!

Google was kind to some of these dispos and Reddit wasn't in some cases so its nice to hear from those you know.

AJS

Calm Consistency
Petrol Station from Sunburn. First time trying their Rosin.
I got their lower tier, was $48 discounted from $75. Their higher tier is $85.
Consistency looks great and baddery.

Smells like a gas station.
The description on the website is "gas gas gas, fuel, and diesel".

Edit:
Flavor is solid, definitely gassy. Not perfectly clean, but easy to get good flavor.
Effects are strong for sure. This is a full Sativa which I typically don't get, and usually not in concentrate form. A bit overwhelming :D

Last edited:

His_Highness

Sanctuary has 0.5g Live Rosin carts 2 for $40 and there are some other dispos running deals on "Live" resin carts. Anyone got experience with Sanctuary live carts?

I haven't done much with "Live" carts because of the expense and because the few times I did try it the taste wasn't any better than distillate for me.
My 510 batteries aren't top of the line which is probably half the problem so I wouldn't mind a recommendation on the battery too. Yocan Uni Pro Plus, Vuber Pulse and Vuber Pulse Touch (I read the Vubers are self adjusting based on the cart) are on my radar. Any others?

AJS

Calm Consistency
Been getting back into concentrates and was so close to going to JB to snag some. Would've been discounted at $52.
Ended up going to House of Platinum (HTCannabis), to get some for $45 instead.

Lady there was great and highly recommended the Jomo.
Over 9% terps, but unfortunately the THC is very low at 57%.

It looks fantastic and is a very opaque white, and smells just as good at a nice clean gassy smell with some lemon in there.

It's a mix of GMO and Sugar Rush. That GMO is what's bringing in the gassy smell, and I imagine the sugar rush is bringing in the sweeter notes I'm getting.
I've gotten GMO from other dispensaries, and it's a straight garlic onion gas smell, very pungent and nauseating.

2.7% Caryophyllene, 2.1% Limonene, and .9% humelene are leading it.

Limonene is interesting. Sometimes it's lighter to the point of lemon/lime, and other times paired with something else like a caryophyllene it brings out more of a gas.

She asked if I was interested in the Fresh Press, and when I asked, said is mostly a shattery consistency.
Those harder consistencies don't seem to bring out the flavor as well for me, and are more difficult to work with.

Waxy all day for me.

Edit:
A quick google shows there are two types of Limonene. L-Limonene, and D-Limonene. D-Limonene is the one leading more towards citrus smells.
I wonder if both are present in Cannabis, and I wonder if that's why the smell varies so much.

I think both make up "Limonene", but in different quantities if I'm understanding correctly. So a Limonene leaning towards L- or D- may result in different smells?

Edit 2:
Flavor comes through on this great, very pleased.

Last edited:

AJS

Calm Consistency
Been runnin on concentrates lately, just going to give some updates.

The Petrol Station from Sunburn, described as "gas gas gas and diesel", is the worst out of the bunch. It's still good, but it's hard for me to pull good flavor. I think there is too much plant material in there or something, as it smells delicious, but so hard to transfer that to taste without getting a gnarly flavor. Maybe it's just the flavor of the strain. $48.

The Jomo from HoP (HT), while being lower THC, is still definitely potent and the flavor is fantastic. $45.
(crazy how good their concentrates can taste at times with how bad their flower was for me).

I was bummed about Sunburn's Petrol station and really wanted to give them another try.
Went back and got their Chem D, $48. It also came with a free Rosin Nectar, which is essentially a tincture. Flavor on that is great and really easy to consume. I just drop some syringe fulls in a small cup of soda and toss it back in a big gulp.

Really loving this Chem D. Effect and flavor are great, and smells fantastic. Not quite as gnarly/pungent as petrol station, but still gassy.
Looks more like the Jomo than the petrol station, that nice hazy white. It may be something I actually go back and get again, which is rare with how much I love variety. Seems it'll possibly be a go to if they have nothing new to try.

Consistency on all of them is a nice badder and fun and easy to work with.

I was told that the creator of Chem D, "chemdog", is the cultivator at Sunburn. They told me it's basically him growing his own genetics, and should be some of the truest Chem D out there.
Did a quick search and he created chem D when he was 18. Trouble with the law of course back in the day, and is now growing legally.

Fun stuff.

AJS

Calm Consistency
This Jungle Boys cart that I got isn't really doing it for me. The 6 second inhalation is a bit long, and to only get relatively decent vapor.
I like the idea in that it's a more gradual heat up, but just doesn't seem to work great for me.
The 1/4 pops flower, while having mostly lost it's flavor by now, is strong effects.

I ended up going to SunBurn and got their Rosin disposable. They were on sale for $40 (still relatively expensive, but they're good), but came with a free 10 pack of edibles.

The Sunday Freebies are fantastic at Sunburn, and always convince me to go in on Sundays. I've gotten a 10 pack of gummies, the 150mg of tincture, and have gotten free eighths as well. They tell you what the freebie is ahead of time via email, and it's with ANY thc purchase. Sometimes the freebie is more expensive than the small purchase you do.

I ended up getting Sour Gak Rosin disposable. A lot of their strains are high in caryophyllene but I'm trying to branch out more and try higher percentages of other terps.
The leading terp in this was Limonene.

Sunburn describes the flavor of their strains, and they are always pretty spot on. Whether it's fruity, gassy, citrusy, creamy, they do a good job with it. This one is fruity, sweet, and sour. I'd say it leans towards sour with a sweetness to it.

While this has one of their highest level of terps at around 8%, the flavor isn't super strong.

The airflow is fantastic compared to the Jungle Boys, and feels free flowing in comparison.

Full hit within 1.5 - 2 secs, instead of 6 seconds.

Effects definitely feel stronger.

Really love these vapes. Only my second time with them, hopefully I can avoid it getting burnt.

While Sunburn's flower looks amazing and always has a great smell, if the flavor pulled through stronger for me, they would be a one stop shop for pretty much everything. I love their advertising, their strains, how they communicate, how they understand their product, their concentrates, Rosin pens, checkout speed, environment. It's all up their as my favorites.

Just need stickier flower and for flavor to come through.

I think we're starting to get closer to the point where you pay for what you get. As long as you aren't going rogue on some random strains and go with what a dispensary is known for, cheap is starting to be pretty cheap and good is usually pretty good.

If I could pay $35 for an eight of something sticky from Sunburn, I happily would on the days that I wanted it.

I think it's been mentioned here but Curaleaf came out with Diamond carts from Select. They're a bit costly, think they only get discounted to around $45-$50, but I've only heard good things so far.
Usually when someone mentions anything good about Curaleaf, people flock to prove them wrong, but these seem to consistently be well received.
Surprising, as the Select brands haven't been fantastic in the past. Hopefully they pulled out a winner with these. May try one next if I remember.

AJS

Calm Consistency
Happy Green Wednesday! Lots of deals going on.

A double edged sword with RiSE today.

Went in to snag some of their Premium at 40% off ($30).
Was originally going with Animal Cake, but figured I'd try something new. The numbers were coming in great on a lot of stuff.

Went with Afternoon Delight which was coming in at like 28% THC and 4.1% terps, just unreal.
As well as their new Artist series Night Owl Haze which was coming in at like 28% THC and 3% Terps.
I almost went with the Tang as that also looked great, but she said the Tang is racier and more prone to anxiety, and the Haze was more forgiving.

The bad news is, on the container that I got, I'm seeing closer to
2.5% terps
.9% terps

Quite a large dropoff from what was listed on the spreadsheet inside of the store.
Maybe there is just a large percentage of side terpenes present that aren't the main ones listed on the label? Can't imagine so but maybe.

The good news is, it's still very smelly, and just vaped the Haze and it tastes great and strong effects.

Being a Sativa from RiSE, I expected the smell I got, which is that orangey-limey sharp smell similar to Jack Herers and other Sativas I've mentioned.
2 large nugs make up the entire eighth.
Anyone who likes a classic Sativa / Haze smell will like this.

Smelling the Afternoon Delight, it's more similar to the Loma, that almost orangey creamcicle flavor. I've now smelled it in 2 flower strains from RiSE, and in Trop Cherry rosin from Sunburn.
If you enjoy a creamier, smoother type of smell, this is a good choice.

AJS

Calm Consistency
Went with Afternoon Delight which was coming in at like 28% THC
As well as their new Artist series Night Owl Haze
Incredibly satisfied with both of these and couldn't be more pleased. Flavor is fantastic with good effects and just vapes really well.
Been breaking it up by hand, leaving my fingers sticky and flavor is holding even in my session portables.

I've only had I think 1 not so great experience at RiSE which turned me off for a bit but glad I came back.

Got me excited to get back into flower and get a little break from concentrates.

His_Highness

Anyone tried the Live Rosin vapes from Sanctuary? Any 0.5g Vape - 2 for $30 excluding PAX Pods.

Found one Reddit review and basically they like the live rosin but hate the hardware even at this price because the cart seems to be dying halfway through. Some even mentioned it might be worth it to buy better carts and transfer the live rosin to them yourself.

They don't carry many versions of the .5g live rosin carts and you have to search different locations when your closest location is bought out. See the following if interested.......

His_Highness

I did a brief look in the group on Thursday but didn't see much, just forgot to update you.

You end up going for it?
Lesson I learned is that they may only carry one kind of .5g live rosin cart and if you don't move on it like a cheetah you can forget it. Plus it has to line up with that same deal. Checked again today and no luck.

AJS

Calm Consistency
Lesson I learned is that they may only carry one kind of .5g live rosin cart and if you don't move on it like a cheetah you can forget it. Plus it has to line up with that same deal. Checked again today and no luck.
If they aren't prioritizing keeping it in stock, I'd assume they may not be prioritizing it as their main quality product, unless it's just so good it's flying off the shelves?

CrazyDiamond

Crosseyed & Painless
Haven't posted in a while...badder is from AYR, so is the flower in the jar on the far right by the oil diffuser...they've consistently had the best deals...my nightly setup.

His_Highness

If they aren't prioritizing keeping it in stock, I'd assume they may not be prioritizing it as their main quality product, unless it's just so good it's flying off the shelves?
It definitely isn't a mainstay for them. I ass_u_me that we see this deal when they want to drive sales based on it. Kind of like the after Thanksgiving sales where the store has a limited supply to draw customers in.

I also ass_u_me that those who are aware of this deal are ready to swoop in when it shows up...like me now :lol:. Actually better than me since each time I've seen it I couldn't pull the trigger fast enough because availability disappeared so quickly. I think it's flying off the shelf because its "Live" and the cost is the same as a low end distillate. Like me, they may have no real experience with "live" carts and are looking for something inexpensive to try it out.

Another possibility is that I've misinterpreted how often that deal or something like it occurs. It was in the day's sales email several times so I may have incorrectly ass-u-me_d it occurs more often than it really does.

His_Highness

Finally tried the Jacksonville INSA dispensary because they have a first time customer gets 50% off on the first two INSA visits. The nice thing about that 50% off is it's stackable so when they ring you up they give you the sale price as a start and then take 50% off the sale price. I've used the "wait for a decent sale on what I'm looking for" each time there's been a first time customer deal like that and this was no different. You have to set up an account profile to get the 50% off email.

The Jax INSA is beautiful and you can SEE the product because they put it in rows of glass cases that have special containers with what looks like a magnifying glass on the outside of the container. The staff were the most friendly and knowledgeable I've come up on.

When I asked the budtender what volts to use on the live resin and live rosin he quickly answered 1.8 to 2.5 for the resin cart and 2.2 to 2.5 and in some cases up to 3 for the rosin cart if you're not happy with the lower volts.

The .5g live rosin carts normal price is $60 and were on sale for 30% off/$42 each. The .5g live resin carts normal price is $50 and were also on sale for 30% off/$35 each. The edibles were regularly priced at $25 but were on sale for 2 for $40 or $20 each.

With the 50% off the rosin cart's sale price the final price was $21 each. With the 50% off the resin cart's sale price the final price was $17.5 each. With the 50% off the edibles the final price was $10 each.

The budtender mentioned that my picks were excellent. I got my picks from several recent Reddit reviews - for the resin I picked Gary Payton, for the rosin I picked GMO RootBeer and PBG.

AJS

Calm Consistency
Good discoveries! I loved my visit to Insa, but the flower wasn't quite there to warrant the 30 minute drive there.
The budtender mentioned that my picks were excellent. I got my picks from several recent Reddit reviews - for the resin I picked Gary Payton, for the rosin I picked GMO RootBeer and PBG.
Gay Payton consistently comes up in talk about Insa, and GMO is good from anywhere I've tried. Insanely pungent, almost like garlic and onions.

AJS

Calm Consistency
HoP (HT) recently swapped up their pricing formula.
$80 Live Rosin consistently discounted to $45
is now
$55 Live Rosin, and at 20% off would be $44.

I haven't seen it discounted lately though, so this may be a net loss despite the lower price.
I went in today and used my "first time" discount to snag a g at $44.

Got Sundae Mints at 78% thc and around 7% terps.

AJS

Calm Consistency
Had my usual renew appointment tomorrow.
The FB group that I'm a part of has their own affiliated doctor tho that I wanted to switch to.

Done entirely online, scheduled same day, literally within 30 minutes I had the appointment.
Filled out a docuform online.

Call was 2 and a half minutes.

Dropped my other doctor.
The switch was literally cheaper than if I just did my usual appointment. $125 instead of $150, and think future renewals are $75.

Top Bottom