For anyone interested in medical cannabis reviews in Florida!

AJS

Calm Consistency
I just had probably one of the least helpful people, almost comedically so :lol:

Walked into Trulieve, and I'm like, just looking for concentrates, anything flavorful, and anything easy to work with.
He's like "there's the menu".

I'm like, do you have any suggestions or have had anyone mention anything is particular good or tasty?
"nope".

Do you maybe on your end know what is higher on the list of terpenes (they usually have a book with it all laid out)
"ha, I don't just keep that stuff memorized ..."

Ended up snagging some Muse Gelato Ice Cream Live Resin with around 8.5% terps and Limonene leading the march. It's a bit soupy, but has texture. Not like a whipped badder, more like flakey soft ice.

Smell is on the sweeter side compared to what I've been getting which has been mostly all gassy.

Also, their menu has 23 concentrates on it, not even including wax / shatter.
Would be helpful if they have a general 3-5 to suggest...

AJS

Calm Consistency
Ended up snagging some Muse Gelato Ice Cream Live Resin with around 8.5% terps and Limonene leading the march. It's a bit soupy, but has texture. Not like a whipped badder, more like flakey soft ice.
Ok so I went BACK to Trulieve today to get something on top of this, as this made me very sleepy and I knew it couldn't be my standard concentrate lol.

Saw that they had Acapulco Gold Wax for just $22. So instead of being a "Live" product, it's just your standard wax.

Wanted to move far away from the terps that were making me sleepy, and I know this has always been a winner for me and is maxed out on Terpinolene. Smells exactly like the Roll One AG flower, very orangey and sweet.

The wax is more like a textured soup, but is a nice golden color and smells very strong, but only around 7% terps.
If it's anything like the flower I should really enjoy it.

AJS

Calm Consistency
Saw that they had Acapulco Gold Wax for just $22. So instead of being a "Live" product, it's just your standard wax.
This is quite good for just $22.75. Would happily go back for more...pretty much a steal at that price. While not the original strain back from the 70s (not that I was even alive back then), TL's AG has always been good to me on effects. While it always smells great, the flavor sometimes lacks on the flower, as someone else has mentioned when they gave it a shot. The wax is a great way to finally be able to taste it strongly.

Not noticing any difference between the "Wax" and the Live Resin. The Wax is a tad bit soupier, but other than that they're very similar.

"Wax" from most dispensaries has either been almost a distillate like consistency pooling at the bottom of the container, or more of a budder type. They've always been on the lower of quality for me and lacking flavor.

I'll be possibly giving the Waxes from Trulieve another chance in the future.
I really prefer solventless, but I think you gotta spend the big bucks to get those extractions that are highly filtered. Sunburn's tier system for their rosins is based on the micron size.

AJS

Calm Consistency
I've been getting a little obsessed with concentrates lately since getting my new rig setup that I'm loving.
Smaller recycler with an auto-spinner pearl and a marble carb cap. It's a very cost efficient setup of great quality.

With that, I've really been looking around trying to find my good staples for consistently flavorful concentrates, just as my search in the same for flower.

HoP is a decent choice, has a few good strains, but with the change in price, I'm not sure if we'll be seeing that $40-$45g discount often.

Sunburn is another great option when they're discounted, as that puts it around the $45 range for their lower tier, but around $55 for the higher tier. The higher tier is based on the micron bag size as mentioned previously.

Trulieve is a great option for solvent extracts, as they always tend to have good flavor and are cheap, but a lot of them taste very similar. Sort of like how Ayr flower has a signature flavor to it.

There's some things I'm starting to notice...

I don't think terpene percentage is a consistent giveaway if it's flavorful or not. I think concentrates are naturally flavorful, and you're looking to avoid things disrupting that flavor in my experience. More terpene is more flavor, but not necessarily less intrusive flavors.

When it comes to Rosin, I think it's how fine the filtration is, and how much plant matter gets through.
Even if it's very high on terps, if anything gets through, it'll add that burn flavor in my experience. I'm still not sure about this though.

Meanwhile, I got the Trulieve wax at only $23, it has the lowest terps of all my recent purchases, but has the cleanest flavor of all of them. I get get pretty much no flavor outside of what I taste, which is exactly what I'm after.

I'm going to try The Flowery next on oil. Their $60 eighths are outrageous, but they have some solid pricing on their concentrates.
From the flower, I'm looking specifically at 710 labs, as they have lots of brands, and that seems to be the standard.

Their "persy" (sp) is the highest tier, as that is their "personal" collection. It's the hand picked ones that they keep at the top.
This starts at $74-$80. This is in line with most premium rosins from other dispensaries, but 710 has actually made a name for themselves, so I'd trust this a bit more compared to the others at the same price.

They have a few different types.
They have Live Rosin Badder
Live Rosin (less stable than their badder)
and some others.

The Tier 1 of Rosin starts around $60-$65
Tier 2 $55
Tier 3 $45

I may use my first discount when I run out of concentrates to try the tier 1, and the tier 3, to see if they're worth it. $60 non-discounted for tier 1 I think is a pretty solid price compared to what's out there in the premium sector of rosin.

I want to try the higher tier Rosin from Sunburn to see if that helps make a difference in removing the burny taste I can get even at low temps. The lower tier rosin smells fantastic, but I can't pull that smell in taste consistently.

I want to see if the T1 and T3 of rosin from 710 labs is the same scenario.

I just can't quite get it figured out why I'm struggling to pull clean flavor from a lot of the concentrates, but TL's comes through clear and easy.

AJS

Calm Consistency
I'm such a sucker for deals...
Sunburn having 35% off, so figured it was a good time to try their higher tier concentrates.

Made my way over, and had a great conversation with one of the ladies there. She's always been super informative every time I go.

She said the 90u for the tier 1 is a marketing error, and all of their rosins should be 90u. They are working on correcting it.
She said the way their tier system works is simply yield size and demand. The more yield, the lower the price. The less yield, the higher price. This is why strains can vary on what tier they are.

It doesn't have anything to do with quality or extraction process.

I really like this system and feels more fair for the buyer, and just fair from a seller's perspective as well.

I told her exactly what I said here, about how I struggle getting better flavor out of the rosin, despite the great smell, while still getting good flavor from Trulieve despite it being a lower quality product.

She said she was getting a burny taste from their Rosin as well until she dropped her temp to around 450. She said 500 has been giving her a burny taste too.

So that was most likely just my own user error, but will play around with lower temps to confirm.

We're under a mutual guess that it's just the material of Rosin is more sensitive to temps.
This falls under the same assumption I have about Rosin carts and why they get burnt so much easier compared to distillate carts.

I ended up going with her original suggestion from weeks back, which she's still recommending, which is the Blue Zushi. Sweet berry smells with some pungent notes as well. More complex than just "gas" or "orange" I've gotten from my recent pickups.

She gave me her own tier list of what she recommends to me, based on myself looking strictly for flavor, and trying to avoid gassy smells for now.
Top of the list was Blue Zushi and Blue Nerds
Then Black Maple #22 and the Truffle Aloha. The said the Truffle leans sativa but not racy.
She wanted to recommend the black maple first because she's been liking the effects of the flower so much, but hasn't tried the concentrate yet so she was more confident recommending the Blues.

Also, they gave me an ice pack without even asking which is super cool.

Crazy the difference between asking this person what she recommends, vs asking that Trulieve employee.
Not asking to do the work, just want a conversation.

Edit:

Just gave the Blue Zushi a try and used a low temp and it was great, no burny flavor whatsoever.
Effects came on very fast which is not something I usually notice or look for.

I have a little HoP Rosin left and I'll try that on an exceptionally low temp as well to see if it helps.

Next time I pick up from Sunburn I may try one of their lower tier ones that is recommended to see if any tier can be solid.

Last edited:

elykpeace

exVASted
@AJS idk how you can do so many trulieve trips longest wait or me at any dispo in gainsville ocala area. Went for the Fanny pack and the were all out of course but I got some roll one flower panhandle purps and half day kush. Both over 2.5 terp but small nuggets.. decent enough for the 20 min wait and three people in store..haven’t been to sunburn yet but wasn’t a huge fan of one plant. I’ve been to sanctuary med most this year and for the .5g cdt carts 2 for 25 and 3 for 36 smalls was a sweet deal. Now it’s two for 30$ and 4 for 60$ but overall a better value and I’m in and out in 5 mins most days the only one in there.

Happy holidays Floridians and God bless

AJS

Calm Consistency
@AJS idk how you can do so many trulieve trips longest wait or me at any dispo in gainsville ocala area. Went for the Fanny pack and the were all out of course but I got some roll one flower panhandle purps and half day kush. Both over 2.5 terp but small nuggets.. decent enough for the 20 min wait and three people in store..haven’t been to sunburn yet but wasn’t a huge fan of one plant. I’ve been to sanctuary med most this year and for the .5g cdt carts 2 for 25 and 3 for 36 smalls was a sweet deal. Now it’s two for 30$ and 4 for 60$ but overall a better value and I’m in and out in 5 mins most days the only one in there.

Happy holidays Floridians and God bless
Hello friend!

Trulieve by me is usually a 5-15 minute wait thankfully. When I was in Orlando, it was around 2 hours on average, just unbelievable.
I only went because I wanted some concentrate, and the places I usually went weren't on sale.

Their Roll One brand is a great budget line though. Very solid eighths at $20, but I still prefer elsewhere most of the time.

OnePlant turned to SunnySide, not Sunburn.

MedMen turned to Sunburn, but they're different growers and company as far as I'm aware, not a rebrand.

Never tried a Sanctuary.
Would be nice if we had more variety throughout the entire state for everyone to try. We'll get there one day.
Thankfully, I'm surrounded by dispensaries.

Happy Holidays :)

elykpeace

exVASted
Hello friend!

Trulieve by me is usually a 5-15 minute wait thankfully. When I was in Orlando, it was around 2 hours on average, just unbelievable.
I only went because I wanted some concentrate, and the places I usually went weren't on sale.

Their Roll One brand is a great budget line though. Very solid eighths at $20, but I still prefer elsewhere most of the time.

OnePlant turned to SunnySide, not Sunburn.

MedMen turned to Sunburn, but they're different growers and company as far as I'm aware, not a rebrand.

Never tried a Sanctuary.
Would be nice if we had more variety throughout the entire state for everyone to try. We'll get there one day.
Thankfully, I'm surrounded by dispensaries.

Happy Holidays :)
Brady sold one plant to cresco (sunny side) he now purchased medmen and made it sunburn I thought. Yeah I’ve been to all disps in fl besides rise and cookies I’m 30mins from basically all the dispos none closer then a 30 min drive so I don’t like sitting in the waiting area for as long. Trulieve def has. Big variety but never know what your going to get.

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
Ah could definitely be right! Idk about all of that behind the scenes stuff :)

You ever do delivery? I've never done delivery but some places seem to offer it for free now if over a certain amount.
I've done delivery quite a bit and its gotten so much better than the old days BUT I prefer the storefronts because if I have a question when I receive the order or need something "corrected" it can be hit or miss with delivery folks. Maybe its because I'm always working a sale plus discounts which complicates things AND I'm a big tipper so when I'm working the sales and discounts hard like that tipping seems counter productive.

AJS

Calm Consistency
Went to Sunburn today as promised to try their lower tier concentrate as a comparison to their higher tier, after being told the only difference is yield.
Haven't vaped it yet looks great and smells fantastic.

Daily grape, usually $65 discounted to $42 which I think is a dang good deal.
Description is Grape, Berry, and Chocolate.

Once it comes to room temp I'll probably get a more complex profile but I'm getting grape, sweet, with something pungent back there too. That pungent I could see rounding out to chocolatey, as it is on the sweeter side.

But importantly, Curaleaf is doing 50% off with NO exclusions, so it's a great time to get in and try their Diamond carts. I've heard great things, and I really wanted to give it a try, but figured I'll sit this one out and test it later when I'm closer to being out of portable options.

A follow up on the Sunburn rosin disposable and the Jungleboys disposable.
Both pretty disappointing and can't maintain flavor on either.

His_Highness

Tried the Gary Payton Live Resin cart from INSA based on the love it gets on Reddit. The Reddit threads mention how good the taste is but while I found the taste to be more natural/better than distillate I didn't think it was anything to write home about. I initially set the volts to 2.0 on my Yocan Kodo Pro and then raised it ".1" each session (Session = 4 hits) till I got to 2.5. Eventually went back to 2.0 since the difference wasn't astounding and I wanted to hang at the lowest possible volts. Didn't feel any burning and sometimes surprised myself on exhale by the sizeable vapor cloud even at 2.0. Vapor that thick with a distillate cart would have caused me to cough up a lung.

What did surprise me was the effect.....first time I ever had a cart give me the same high as flower. Hit me hard in the head AND BODY. Its been so good to me that I didn't even touch flower for several days.

I've got some Live Rosin Carts from INSA as well and as soon as Gary Payton is done scoring I'll break one of those out.

AJS

Calm Consistency
50% off some RiSE Premium strains!!! Animal Face for $25!!
Coming in at 3.9% Terps.

Talked to the guy at the counter about my terps issue, where last time it was listed at over 3%, and my terps were under 1%.
I asked what I can do to make sure I'm getting a good batch or something.

He said if it's that far off, then chances are I got an old batch and it was unlucky, as that shouldn't happen.
He calculated the numbers on this batch, and on paper it's 3.9%, but on my container it's about 2.8% (Still insane!!). He says they only include 6 terps on the container, and about 10 others are not shown, which would hopefully account for the missing 1%.

Of course, my last batch was off by about 2%, which leads us to believe that was just a wrong batch I got.

Either way, glad I had a conversation about it, and glad this batch is quite, quite dank.
Myrcene leading the march with Caryophyllene, but a strong presence of Linalool is balancing this out to a pungent peppery yet smooth flowery scent.

Broke off some chunks to throw in the Nano XL, and that pungent pepper comes through the most.
Can almost find every part of the smell if you search the tongue long enough. :freak:

AF never disappoints. Guess you could say it's .... "Dank AF" :sherlock::myday:

Merry New Holiday Year!

AJS

Calm Consistency
Curaleaf is doing 50% off with NO exclusions, so it's a great time to get in and try their Diamond carts.
figured I'll sit this one out and test it later when I'm closer to being out of portable options
Biggest lie I ever did tell

Flavor is great on this. Oil is much clearer than we're used to seeing with Rosin/Resin/Distillate.
The flavor isn't quite as resinous as the first few hits of a Rosin vape, but is very good and strong. Flavor is much on the sweeter side than anything.

The effects are strong as well.

I am pretty confident the terpenes are added in afterwards.
I don't believe Diamonds are typically terpene heavy, and this is liquid diamond THCA.

To quote: "Made with THCA liquid crystalline base and cannabis terpenes, every puff adds an extra punch that delivers THC levels over 88% on average."

I see "made with thc and terpenes", like the terpenes are a separate component.

With how clean the flavor is starting out, and without it tasting too thick, I am very hopeful the flavor will stick and this could be a great option.

I got the Apple Fritter as the knowledgeable budtender gave me a few options, and listed this as his favorite flavor.
$32.75 for .5g

AJS

Calm Consistency
Daily grape, usually $65 discounted to $42 which I think is a dang good deal.
Description is Grape, Berry, and Chocolate.
Been really enjoying this stuff, especially at the price. Just as good as the higher tier, and the flavor comes through very strong.
The flavor leans much more towards the gassy/piney flavor...a sneeze inducer. The "taking a bite out of a juicy grape" description on their website just isn't hitting for me. Still great though.

If you can snag that tier at 40% off instead of 35% off, it'll technically be under $40 at $39 ;)

I have found that during any big event, Sunburn always starts off with 35% which reels me in, but day 2 and 3 tend to be 40% off.

AJS

Calm Consistency
Driving past Trulieve today and saw no cars so made a quick pit stop. In and out in 5 minutes.

Their Roll One brand has got to be the best non-discounted deal for flower.
$20, 29% THC, 2.98% terps.

I went with the iCandy.
Looks fantastic, smells strong, and tastes great.

While the flavor is almost as strong as Animal Face, the resinous hits don't carry through the session as long as AF.
It's pungent, but leans more on the sweeter side compared to AF.

The flower is trimmed incredibly close to the buds themselves, as are all Role One pickups, which I've heard means it's machine trimmed. Not sure if there's a difference in quality with that. Hey, if it keeps it looking pretty and keeps the cost down...

The bud is not sticky like Animal Face, but it is very soft, doesn't rly snap apart, and is very kiefy.

I've heard Trulieve's new line of "Modern Flower" is very good. I haven't given it a try yet though, at discounts $30-$45/eighth.

For $20/eighth though, I'm not sure if Roll One can really be beat. It's the end all price/quality for me, at least while also considering the convenience of what's around me.
Sunburn's $35 quarter smalls are also a fantastic deal, but I can't quite pull the same type of flavor.
My thirst for variety keeps me searching though.

AJS

Calm Consistency
I was chattin with some friends yesterday and couldn't figure out what I wanted to vape, and I was just looking down at my options like "damn, everything I have right now is so good".

Good place to be.

Animal Face flower
iCandy R.O. flower
Daily Grapes Live Rosin
Blue Zushi Live Rosin - my favorite of the bunch
Gelato Ice Cream Live Resin
Acapulco Gold Live Resin - as this aged, it smells identical to powdered lemonade mix
Liquid Diamonds Cart

Slowly making my way through em.

His_Highness

I finished the INSA Gary Payton .5g Live Resin cart. I enjoyed using it with my new Yocan Kodo Pro at 1.8 and 2.0 volts. I enjoyed the live resin cart so much because it hit me in the head and body. Closest I've gotten to the entourage effect of flower in a cart.

I enjoyed that resin cart so much that I built my hopes up that the .5g PBG live rosin cart would be as good or better. That rosin cart was almost the same as the resin cart although the rosin cart oil was darker. What really surprised me was the rosin cart didn't win in terms of taste as this was a tie. I started off at 2.5 volts based on a recommendation and eventually found myself back at 1.8 and 2.0. The effects were similar to the resin cart and again I got a nice head and body high.

If I had to choose between the two carts I would have to say neither was a clear winner so I won't be picking carts based on live rosin vs. live resin and will be picking out carts based on its specs and price.

One thing is for sure....the live resin and rosin carts spoiled me and I'll be steering clear of distillate. Besides you can get them for the same price if you're patient.

AJS

Calm Consistency
Walked into Trulieve for some Roll One flower. They reworked their website and it's been having issues, so I didn't get to do my research ahead of time.

Just asked the budtender for anything R.O. that was high in terpenes. Right away he's like, if you're ok with Indica, I gotchu.
Skunk Ape coming in at 29% THC and 3.9% terps for $20. In an out in 5 minutes, as no one was there.

Buds are a nice light color, and insanely skunky .. a bit dangerous opening it up in the car :cool:

The outer buds are nowhere near as soft as the iCandy pickup, is a bit rockier, but as soon as you break it open it's much stickier inside than the iCandy.

Inhale is hit immediately with greeny pine but the back of the tongue quickly finds and is overtaken by the pungent skunky flavor.
Similar to iCandy, there is a slight hint of mint that you can occasionally catch.

The flavor holds similarly to the recent RiSE pickups, and can be tasted through almost the entire bowl.

R.O. has only improved over the last year. I think this says a lot, as most budget lines start off strong to bring in the hype, then taper off.

I was talking to the guy at the front desk and he's like, it really blows my mind man how good the quality is at only $20 compared to everything else out there.
Any time I bring up Roll One to any of their employees, they always agree it's the best bang for the buck.
I've rarely have someone suggest me to try anything else.

AJS

Calm Consistency
Holy moly the numbers just keep going up.

I wanted to try Trulieve's "Modern Flower" line, (MF), and a lot of strains were currently $25. Some upwards of $45, but no reason to go for the higher price from what I can tell.

26.5% THC and 4.3% terps, lordy.
Buds look very similar to Roll One flower, very closely trimmed and tight buds. Not very crystally, but soft and sticky.

I poked a hole in the container in my car and would've been immediately arrested if it was 2016 :lol:
Smells like an onion.

Just dank weed at a cheap price.

I'll hate trulieve for reasons, but I will say, they tailor to whatever the market is demanding. The community has been leaning towards high terpenes, and they delivered quickly.

Solomon

Talk to the Beard
I've had Roll Ones half-day kush, and it's fire. My last Trulieve purchase was surprisingly excellent. I picked up som LA Kush Cake and Cake Face - modern flower (I think, it was a few weeks ago) - both were tasty, not too dry, and 25+% thc. Still the worst shopping experience, but at least the flower is improving.

Tried a lot of new strains during the holidays, including my first buys (and next day free delivery to Gainesville) from The Flowery in Ocala. Since sales are infrequent, I used my 25% discount and got some of their premier bud (reg $65).

I tried Candy Corn (fancy bottle), Permanent Marker, Sonic Payton, and Kush Sorbet. The best being the cheapest in-house brand, Kush Sorbet. It was all very high thc (27—28%), and gorgeous buds, but not a lot of distinctive flavor. The Payton had a nice sour note, and that was it. Nothing I would ever pay $65 for.

Given the current great bud and constant sale prices from Trulieve, MUV, and Grow Healthy, I probably won't be shopping much Flowery, despite all the Reddit hype.

I'll post some reviews and pics of more recent buys later...

Solomon

Talk to the Beard
Picked up 2 new strains from Grow Healthy on sale for $25 an 1/8. Both high thc (especially for gh). Gorilla Glue #4 and Strawberry Z.

The Z was a disappointment - not much strawberry flavor (unlike their Haze), but a nice smooth sativa. Would probably not buy again (better sativas are out there)

The Gorilla Glue smoked a lot better than it looked, dense vapor, and almost chocolate cakey flavor. Very nice, would get again.

Both strains had a nce cure, slightly dryer than the usual "fresh off the vine" moisture they usually have.

As usual, gh is the fastest dispo - in/out 5 mins 😁

Had a much better purchase at MUV. They had Cake Crasher (sativa) and a return of Apricot Stomper on sale for $35. These were both "ultra high" thc at 31 and 34% respectively.

The CC is everything I wanted in a sativa. Dense vapor, sweet cakyness, beautiful buds. In fact, it's in my vape right now. Rich and satisfying.

The Apricot did not disappoint. Pure apricot/madarin tartness with a thick kush finish. Highly recommended if you like heavy fruit and tartness.

Not ultra dry like muv usually has! Both are sticky. Would definitely buy again.

Top Bottom