FML sometimes... Ignorance and closedmindedness pisses me off...

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Ill keep this short since I am getting ready for work - but Im a little perturbed(sp) by the war department right now.

Of course she heard something on the TV regarding "getting high" and that was her cue to get "high" as well. (On her high horse that is) I then started talking about the fact that vaporization was a much safer and much more effective delivery system (and its benefits etc) only to be cut off with a nasty response, and the implication of how 'getting high' is such an integral part of my life and blah blah, while you are sucking down AT LEAST 8 different pills a night (gee, not to mention your new scripp for Xanax that you are worried about your sister stealing) but Im the dirtbag here because my shit isnt ruled and given to me by the fuck-holsters in the news right now making record profits due to our 'health care reform'.

Damn, sorry about that huge run on sentence/assemblance of a bitching rant. Im a little pissed right now...
And I need to get ready for work.

AGBeer,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
The propaganda about the perils of pot have polluted the minds of middle-America for at least 60 years. It's no wonder that many folks have no clue as to the benefits of medical marijuana, and marijuana as a benign, social lubricant.

The only way to combat it is point out the data that prove otherwise, and to show that you're not a slobbering idiot after you have a few tokes. Many people think marijuana is a gateway drug to other more serious drugs.

Personally, I think some folks are prone to addictive behavior: whether it be food, exercise, recreational drugs, etc. Some people do it to the max. Most users I have found seem to have a handle on their usage. Good luck!

macbill,

lwien

macbill said:
The only way to combat it is point out the data that proves otherwise, and to show that you're not a slobbering idiot after you have a few tokes.
I'm a slobbering idiot after a few tokes. :p

lwien,

wthanna

..this reminds me of the anti-marijuana advertisement they had on TV a couple of years back. A girl is sitting on the sofa and appears to be melting into the furniture. Rather than deter people, most people who smoked were saying "where can I get some of that!"

wthanna,

SmogTown

wthanna said:
..this reminds me of the anti-marijuana advertisement they had on TV a couple of years back. A girl is sitting on the sofa and appears to be melting into the furniture. Rather than deter people, most people who smoked were saying "where can I get some of that!"
Exactly. Most anti-drug ads I see on tv make me want to get high :lol:.

SmogTown,

reece

The news is making record profits because of health care reform? :uhoh:

Easy(ier said than done) fix. Tell her to give up the pills and you will give up the herb. I've known some people that get pretty mean on those benzos. So maybe some chill time will help.

reece,

ClemsonVapor489

AGBeer said:
only to be cut off with a nasty response, and the implication of how 'getting high' is such an integral part of my life and blah blah
Gonna get on my own high horse here.

We need to "reclaim the word" so to speak. By that I mean, if we simply stop feeling or showing the shame people are trying to heap upon us it will lose its effect. I don't want to speak for everyone else, but getting high IS an integral part of my life. Pot enhances almost every aspect of my life with few negative side effects. It's natural, and with vaporization it's far far far less harmful that tobacco or alcohol...perhaps on par with what long term coffee abuse would do.

My point is that there's absolutely nothing inherently wrong with smoking pot. The fact that there are bad laws which make it a criminal act is a reason to be smart about drug laws, know your rights, and be cautious, NOT a reason to be ashamed.

/rant

ClemsonVapor489,
Top Bottom