Fluxer Heaters, induction heaters for Dynavap

TommyDee

Vaporitor
So are there any downsides/cons to the new cap-as-switch option discussed above, especially in comparison to the remote switch option? Or is it just a matter of personal preference - i.e. whether someone likes having a button to push when ready, or prefers inserting the cap to activate?

The one possible thing I could see would be if there's a slight delay with the new cap-as-switch option in activating the heater - like what was seen with the Orion, where it took ~a second to start the heating after inserting the cap, thus preventing being able to pulse the heater. Based on the videos this doesn't appear to be the case though.

And is there any difference in the heating profiles? Or is the coil adjusted differently in the cap-as-switch option to compensate for the height required for the contacts - making it the same as the remote switch option? Also, can the contacts get bent/damaged? Thanks in advance, and kudos on the constant innovations!
The contacts have been working great. They are compliant with enough resistance to make sure you get positive contact. As to risks, they are exposed rather than in a housing. They may require the occasional resin removal if things go spattering. I don't show any buildup in the chamber though. I do mostly flower or sandwiched dabs.

You will hear the tic of the relay. In normal mode, a single click is a matter of course. The cap's clicker is loud compared to the relay's 'ting'. The rate is a 'heartbeat' rate. In PWM mode, it is a counter. I hear it and I can count with it but it doesn't overwhelm the room. Everyone perks up when a cap clicks, right? The relay isn't like that. I keep FireFlite in the pouch which muffles further. It's a relay and sounds like a relay in a box. I've come to rely on it for dip counts - and it's tactile as well. And PWM use is optional. I like it for my hotter caps. Sip-n-Dip is so much more reliable with an accurate count.

I sit in absolute solitude outside in the late evenings. I know my whole neighborhood hears the click. The relay ticks are local.

mr_cfromcali

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
So are there any downsides/cons to the new cap-as-switch option discussed above, especially in comparison to the remote switch option? Or is it just a matter of personal preference - i.e. whether someone likes having a button to push when ready, or prefers inserting the cap to activate?

The one possible thing I could see would be if there's a slight delay with the new cap-as-switch option in activating the heater - like what was seen with the Orion, where it took ~a second to start the heating after inserting the cap, thus preventing being able to pulse the heater. Based on the videos this doesn't appear to be the case though.

These are great questions, @rvarick ! I see @TommyDee already weighed in, but I want ot add a couple of thoughts to his.

Let me state this plainly: There is no inherent delay in activation from either type of switch. Close the contacts with either switch type and the heater will begin to operate.

Caveat: The first time you use the PWM function with either type of switch, the heater will activate but it may take an extra second for the "off" pulse to begin, due to the need to charge the pulse circuit's timing capacitor. This is a one-time thing and may not occur in all cases, but it's something I've observed.

And is there any difference in the heating profiles? Or is the coil adjusted differently in the cap-as-switch option to compensate for the height required for the contacts - making it the same as the remote switch option? Also, can the contacts get bent/damaged? Thanks in advance, and kudos on the constant innovations!

This is a great question! Yes, there are some slight differences in the way the two heaters perform. The biggest difference, in my opinion, is that the push button allows you to activate the heater regardless of the position of the Dynavap, whereas the cap-as-switch requires you to push the cap to the bottom of the coil to activate it. I think this gives the push button slightly more range.

The other difference I've observed with the cap-as-switch functionality is that it is sensitive to the smoothness of the cap's surface and how clean it is (or isn't). If the cap is not able to make a good contact with the shunts (the technical term we use for these switch contacts), the circuit will reset itself rapidly. This can be slightly annoying but doesn't cause any harm, and the remedy is to rotate the cap to find a better position. When you find a position that makes a good connection, make a mental note of the position of the cap's digger, so you can quickly return to this position in the future. You may not need to do this if your caps are in better shape than mine, but it's the only behavior I've found (so far) that's likely to annoy some people. ;)

Last edited:

Zoltani

Wow, those pics make my cap look BAD!

For someone that will use this outdoors hiking, camping and such which would you say would be better, push button or cap-as-switch? I could see how maybe the push button might hold up better long term. But would like to know your thoughts. Will it get activated in a backpack?

TommyDee

Vaporitor
@Zoltani - You can turn off the Fluxer Flite with the internal selector switch when traveling or packing Flite. I'd think preference is the only choice.

For the best of both worlds, the 'NightLight' - both - option will provide a little added confidence when far from help or backups or... ;]

Pictures are worth a lot of words... here's a lot of images...

Last edited:

swieder711

I'm going with the physical push button switch for my Flite order.

I really like the Orion proximity switch, but the cap-as-switch worries me.

swieder711,
Reactions: TommyDee

mr_cfromcali

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
FWIW, I was up until early this morning working on the Flite's video, and unfortunately I just discovered I need to re-shoot a few things. :bang: I am working on that now and hope to post the video later today or tonight. Thanks for your patience while I get this ready.

After too much delay, here's the feature set and price information for the Flite.

The first batch is coming to the Fluxer web store tomorrow, although I will still need to complete some heaters before I am able to ship them. I expect to begin shipping orders on Monday. I will be selling additional batches as I make them. Heaters will be sold first come, first served, with a limit of two max per person at this time, please (I don't know if folks will want two, but that's the initial limit). I have supplies on hand to make ~240 of these, with a goal of producing 25 to 40 per week over the next few months, if demand warrants. I am happy to make more of these, and will order more cases and supplies if/when we run through this first order.

=======================================================

Introducing the Flite, by Fluxer Heaters,
w/a big shout out to @TommyDee for his help and guidance!

A true pocket-sized, portable induction heater for your Dynavap® brand vaporizer!

Flite-colors.png

• Pocket-Sized: 4” x 2” x 1” (100mm x 50mm x 25mm)
  • Weight: ~240g, including batteries
  • Powered by 3x 18350 batteries (required for use but optional to purchase – see pricing for details)
  • Magnetically attached lid for easy battery changes
  • Two power modes: full power and pulse width modulated (PWM)*
  • Typical Battery life (estimated): ~50 clicks per full charge at full power, assuming 1200mAh batteries**
  • Battery requirements: 3x 18350 batteries, flat top, high discharge (>=9A CDR)
  • On-board battery management system: built-in battery charging circuit w/balanced charging, low power cutoff, reverse polarity protection, and over voltage protection
  • Choice of mains-powered charging adapter: US/North American; UK; EU; AUS/NZ; or 12V Automotive).
    • Charge voltage and rate: 12.6V @ 1A
  • DC port (5.5mm x 2.1mm, center positive tip), located internally for maximum in-pocket safety
  • Green under coil LEDs that activate with use. Their brightness level functions as the device’s battery meter. LEDs can be dimmed or disabled via a trim pot on the PCB
  • 15mm ID coil (15mm only; no substitutions)
  • 15mm OD borosilicate glass (pyrex) insert; carbon fiber optional for slight add’l cost
  • Pocket-friendly mode selector switch (Full/Pulse/Off)
  • 110°C thermal fuse (resettable)
  • 9A PTC power fuses (resettable)
Flite is available in Three Models:
  1. Push Button operation only
  2. Cap-as-Switch operation only
  3. Both Push Button and Cap-as-Switch mechanisms: (+$15) - I don't recommend installing both, as the cap-as-switch mechanism limits the upper range of the push button functionality, but this configuration is available upon request

IMG-0609-private.jpg

Flite w/Push Button operation:
  • External button, press to operate.
  • Internally located "off" switch for safety
  • This model offers the most user-control and greatest variety of heating options.
IMG-0602-private.jpg

The push button version allows you to use the entirety of the Flite’s 18mm tall heating coil as well as the small gap below the bottom loop of the coil to maximize the tip’s heat before the cap clicks.

Insert the Dynavap partially for a quicker heating cycle and milder temp at click, or press the tip towards the bottom of the coil to maximize heat before clicking.

Choice of button color: Green or Red; the button is not illuminated

Flite with Cap-as-Switch operation

In this model, the cap is used to complete a low-current electrical circuit and activate the heater.
  • A pair of metal switch contacts (aka, "shunts") are installed at the base of the coil
  • Insert the cap and press against the shunts to complete a low-current electrical circuit and activate the heater
  • The metal contacts are very durable and unlike previous coil switches, they are completely unaffected by heat
  • Internally located "off" switch for safety
IMG-0603-private.jpg

To use the Cap-as-Switch model, press the Dynavap lightly into the base of the coil. The metal cap functions as the switch and completes a connection between two metal contacts at the base of the coil, activating the heater. Very little current passes through the cap - only about 50mA. The heavy current needed to power the heating circuit is handled by a pair of relays in a separate circuit. The cap-as-switch activates those relays.

Pricing and Options:

Flite Complete, including batteries and charger:

• Flite pocket-sized induction heater
  • 12 month warranty
  • 3x 18350 Keeppower 1200mAh batteries
  • Mains powered battery charger (choice of US, EU, UK, AUS/NZ, 12V cigarette lighter)
$250 + Shipping
=======================================

Flite including batteries, NO charger:
  • 12 month warranty
  • 3x 18350 Keeppower 1200mAh batteries
$240 + Shipping

Flite including charger, NO batteries:
  • 12 month warranty
  • Mains powered battery charger (choice of US, EU, UK, AUS/NZ, 12V cigarette lighter); same charger as the Flux Deluxe, so if you have one you may not need two
$230 + Shipping

Flite only, NO charger, NO batteries:
  • 12 month warranty
$220 + Shipping

Shipping info:

US Domestic shipping via USPS Priority Mail, including insurance: $15

First Class Package International Service shipping to Canada: US$20

UK, EU, and AUS/NZ: International priority shipping via international priority mail: US$40. Due to the pandemic, this is the only method currently available. It is pricey, and also likely to be inspected since it's being sent priority, so no funny business on invoices and receipts. ;)

Other countries: Assume US$40+, but please inquire. I have shipped Fluxer heaters to customers in Japan, South Korea, Thailand, Singapore, Brazil, South Africa, and Ghana.

That's the main info. Moire details and a video to follow, as soon as I can get them ready.

I will give a heads up here, in this thread, before I put these up for sale tomorrow. If you are subscribed to this thread you will get the maximum notice. Also, remember I am on pacific time and also not an early riser. Look for stuff to happen after noon, Pacific time, and it may even be a bit later than that, if the week continues as it has been. ;)

Last edited:
What's shipping in the US when 2 Fluxer Heaters (Flite/Flite) or (Flite/Flux) are purchased together? Also curious on the differences between Carbon and Glass for the insert? Thanks.

slowandsteady,
Reactions: TommyDee

mr_cfromcali

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
What's shipping in the US when 2 Fluxer Heaters (Flite/Flite) or (Flite/Flux) are purchased together?

Combined shipping in the US depends on the insurance, so 2x Flites is going to cost more to ship than, say, 2x Flix. But in general, the shipping for two units is about $20.

My web store software (*cough* GoDaddy *cough*) isn't very flexible with regards to shipping costs, and unfortunately multiple items are sometimes charged individually for shipping. If this happens, I will refund the extra shipping charges after I purchase the combined shipping label.

Also curious on the differences between Carbon and Glass for the insert? Thanks.

Glass looks, but it's breakable.

Carbon is unbreakable, but not transparent. It doesn't look as good when lit from underneath by LEDs. It's also made from fiber and resin, which is a deal breaker for some people, who would prefer to use glass.

The two inserts perform very similarly, so there's no difference in that regard. The differences are in the other properties of these two materials.

vapormachina

An absurd question, in one of the videos it seems that with the option of cap as button the vapcap heats up alone once the coil is activated, without pressing it; something similar to the intelligent ignition of the Orion. Is this in that way or is it necessary to press all the time to activate the coil like with the Apollo?

I am concerned about customs costs, after seeing the prices it seems that together with the shipping costs the operation can go close to $400! It is a difficult decision, with that money I could almost buy 2x orions directly in Europe and have them at home the next day. But I'm still inside, the fixed batteries seem like the great Achilles heel of that model. I understand that this is by no means your fault, but it is a shame for those of us who live in Europe:doh:

I do not know if I have correctly understood the explanation regarding the disadvantages of the double activation mode, I want the automatic activation with the cap for sure, if this is clear then requesting the button does not imply any disadvantage, does it? I understand that you recommend opting only for the button if you do not have the activation through the cap to be able to customize the heating, but if you already have the activation by the cap, I understand that adding the button does not imply any disadvantage, does it? I apologize if maybe I have been confused because of my poor English level

In a post you commented that you were thinking of some kind of preferential sale for those of us who were already on the DF waiting list, will this finally be the case or will it not be necessary thanks to the large stock?

I only have the doubt of the color, traditionally I always buy these things in black but that red aluminum looks fantastic, I am tempted to inscribe my name behind Tommy and Nexvision:nod: I also like the carbon fiber insert although it raises some questions about its safety in front of the glass, if it is available from the beginning I will still take it, if not I will simply choose the option that is easier for you to dispatch quickly

I have the credit card ready to fire, anxious waiting for you to wake up:D:D

Last edited:
vapormachina,
Reactions: Moses Baca

babaganush

So to my understanding the cap as switch option has no on/off button? It just turns on when you want to use it and then turns off when I take out the Vapcap?

And if each battery has 1200 mah then the IH can potentially have 3600mah of battery life per charge?

Prophecy

So to my understanding the cap as switch option has no on/off button? It just turns on when you want to use it and then turns off when I take out the Vapcap?

No it has a switch but internally you can see it here in the picture, on the left side from the charging port, the white switch 🙂
For the second question, you are right thats the flite so operate it turns on the heating process but the whole unit must be on the on position or pulse mode to get activated when you tip a vapcap in the coil.

IMG-0609-private.jpg

Texus

Main di
No it has a switch but internally you can see it here in the picture, on the left side from the charging port, the white switch 🙂
For the second question, you are right thats the flite so operate it turns on the heating process but the whole unit must be on the on position or pulse mode to get activated when you tip a vapcap in the coil.

IMG-0609-private.jpg
And based on that pic it looks like the PWM is adjustable. Is that correct?

I mean you may have found the point which is juuuust right, but curious if that ability made it in.

Texus,

Texus

I also assume that I could use the Flite as a dynavap holder with the contact option if I put a plastic/silicon cover on the cap?

Texus,

forza_roma

You all have made it extremely difficult for me to be productive at work on a Friday.

I guess for good reasons. :lol:

Anticipation for the Flite v1 release is at an all time high.

One question for @mr_cfromcali. F

For those that mainly use the Dynavap on the go or for hiking lets say, which would be more feasible out of these three options:

Flite is available in Three Models:

1. Push Button operation only
  2. Cap-as-Switch operation only
  3. Both Push Button and Cap-as-Switch mechanisms
Thanks!

forza_roma,

vapormachina

and the vapcap has to be pressed or simply by making contact on the coils is it activated without having to hold it?:hmm:

vapormachina,

Prophecy

Main di

I mean you may have found the point which is juuuust right, but curious if that ability made it in.
You are right it is adjustable.

and the vapcap has to be pressed or simply by making contact on the coils is it activated without having to hold it?:hmm:
No it simply making contact with the 2 contacts on the base from the coil and get than activated, on this video you can see that the Vapcap sits alone without holding in the hole and the heater still heats the Vapcap.

Moses Baca

Colorado State Reformatory #8755
Cool, thanks for the updates. Every year I celebrate fucking combustion - my vapiversary - with a special purchase and the Flite is it this year.
We might need a Flix as a holiday gift. My wife's son told her he started vaping and she's pretty sure he's using dynavap and she thinks he'd love it. I'll try to get a confirmation ASAP so we can order one.
I’m planning on ordering a Flight tonight when I get home from work. (save me a green one!) I just found out that my wife’s son did buy a vapcap so I’ll need to order a Flix for him, too.
It’s going to be a Fluxer holiday! 🎅

TommyDee

Vaporitor
All great questions!

Cap as Switch is a switch without the housing. In some instances, the weight of the vape is enough to trigger heating. The contacts are compliant meaning they will conform to the cap's surface. I tried to show that in the video that the contacts are not touchy in the least. If you do disconnect occasionally, the system is perfectly tolerant of this behavior.

PWM is fully adjustable in on-time duration.

Tariffs and duty are pain no matter what. IIRC, it was almost 60 euro to bring Orion into Europe on shipping. Any EU distributors that want to stock Fluxer Flites? Sounds like opportunity knocking, Jeff ;]

Having both a fire button and CaS gives you backup activation with the button. I do not miss the button on FireFlite because I like the sleek look of 'featureless gadgets'. The more it looks like a generic box, although a good looking box, the happier I am with it. Notice where I chose to put the logo.

One real plus for the switch is that you can change the depth of the chamber by adding a cork 'dot' to provide roughly 2mm reduced intrusion depth. You can also fire without completely inserting the cap into the chamber. If you find this necessary, you might consider a low temp cap.

One other reason to suggest the remote button is for those who like real-time heating. Conventional heaters require you to push the switch with the VC you are trying to hit. Pain in the fucking ass! I like real-time draws while heating and pushing a chamber button while doing that sucks rocks! If you do real-time draws while heating or want to do this, the remote switch option is the only viable option for this technique.

In testing, I've run the gambit on cap variation. I have weakly coupled caps and I have very strongly coupled caps. Coupling means how the IH reacts to the cap insertion. I can use any cap and any tip without hesitation and know I will have a good session. I can literally look at my 3 caps and choose 3.2:1, 4:1, or 6:1 caps. Each will have their own experience. I can further enhance the experience by setting a PWM to make the cycle ~10 seconds on the hottest cap.

Older caps will be toasty and heat in 5-6 seconds where a 2020 cap will also be toasty and take 8-9 seconds. The real beauty of PWM in a Fluxer heater is that you can stretch that time cycle out. Got a hot cap that you'd like to steep a little more? You can do that with a Fluxer Flite. Just dial the PWM for that 'perfect' heating rate.

Clicks are math. I've been doing the math. Bottom line, any cap, any tip, will click within 150mwh of power usage. This is approximate but real. Cooler heating is less and hotter is more of course depending on the insertion depth, but a good hot cap that will throw clouds on the second draw will require 150mwh on average to reach the click. This is the science behind the number of clicks. I've proven this to myself over and over again in the past year.

A bowl stretched to enjoyment is what, 5 draws? Times 150mwh is 750mwh. Of course, you will add a second to the click here and there so let's call that 1WH/session. Orion has proven that 11.V @ 1000mah can do 50+ clicks. That is 11.1WH on that battery. I've tested the eFest and KeepPower cells to hold 11WH of energy. Therefore the battery capacity is pretty much identical between Flite and Orion. My conservative calculations will assure 10 sessions. 10 sessions of 5 draws each is 50 clicks in the above scenario.

I've ripped loads in under 400mwh. That's 20 sessions on a charge. Outside of these real numbers, thing become subjective. I believe in real data in order for expectations to be met. Those of you who understand these number also understand the limitations. How many caps does your heater need to do reliably to make you happy? Flite will do 10 loads and maybe a couple more. I've done 12 full sessions on varied caps throughout a day.

In order to get a good idea of power usage - I vary from light days at 5WH to heavy days at 10WH. In my normal routine, I consider charging my Flite once a day. It provides a reading of my usage and a decent measure of how my day went. If you regularly push more than 10 caps a day, Consider Fluxer Flite an on-the-go heater where you have a primary heater plugged in somewhere in your normal place of vaping. Something like a Flix that doesn't care how much you vape. Or just charge Flite regularly. It doesn't take long and partial charges are better than none. I push the BMS with 20 watts of charge and they full up within the hour.

You have options. And Jeff will accommodate an error in judgement. I hope I have provided a few considerations that will make the choice easier.

mr_cfromcali

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Hi all,

Happy Friday morning from Californial

Drinking some coffee, answering the questions posted since last night.

An absurd question, in one of the videos it seems that with the option of cap as button the vapcap heats up alone once the coil is activated, without pressing it;
something similar to the intelligent ignition of the Orion. Is this in that way or is it necessary to press all the time to activate the coil like with the Apollo?

It is more lke the Apollo than the Orion in this regard.

The cap-as-switch is still a physical switch. It must touch both shunts well enough to make electrical contact with each. It doesn't require a lot of force, but it does needs a little, probably on the order of ~100g of force.; the Flux Deluxe and Flix switches are rated at 200g of force for comparison. If you rest the Flite on a flat surfaces and use a very smooth, clean vapcap tip, you may be able to activate simply it by inserting it in the Flite and allowing the weight of the Dynavap stem to press it against the contacts.

I am concerned about customs costs, after seeing the prices it seems that together with the shipping costs the operation can go close to $400! It is a difficult decision, with that money I could almost buy 2x orions directly in Europe and have them at home the next day. But I'm still inside, the fixed batteries seem like the great Achilles heel of that model. I understand that this is by no means your fault, but it is a shame for those of us who live in Europe:doh:

I completely agree.

The pandemic is not the only cause of this situation, but the dramatic increase in shipping charges is one of the unfortunate consequences of being on different continents during a global pandemic. Shipping to the EU used to cost my customers US$25, as I think you know, @dantemaniaco. Now it's US$40, and also subject to more scrutiny from customs due to the need to send things via priority mail.

My EU customers are especially hard hit by taxes, fees, and shipping charges, which are beyond my control. I am sorry. You are right to take all of this into consideration before buying one of my heaters. I agree, by the time you take delivery of it in the EU, due to its higher price and the fees and taxes associated with that. It's not a simple decision, and purchasing my device may not make sense for everyone, given this. I am sorry. :shrug:

I do not know if I have correctly understood the explanation regarding the disadvantages of the double activation mode, I want the automatic activation with the cap for sure, if this is clear then requesting the button does not imply any disadvantage, does it? I understand that you recommend opting only for the button if you do not have the activation through the cap to be able to customize the heating, but if you already have the activation by the cap, I understand that adding the button does not imply any disadvantage, does it? I apologize if maybe I have been confused because of my poor English level

Your English is fine. Stop this! Monolingual, US-based cave dwellers like myself can barely fumble our way through a sentence in our native tongue. You are doing just fine with it, however you are doing it. Rock on! :rockon:

My point in discussing this was to explain that having both mechanisms is not necessarily better than having one mechanism or the other. If you have both mechanisms in one heater, there is a tradeoff and you give up some of the push button mechanism's capability. Some don't care and will appreciate the convenience of using the cap as a switch, but there's a reason why we did not choose "both switch mechanisms" as our default offering, and that reason wasn't to squeeze an extra $15 out of people.

I don't want to be a gatekeeper, I just want people to be happy with their choices.

I will add this, though it probably won't help you much if you are in the EU: if someone buys a cap-as-switch version and discovers they hate that mechanism, I will be happy to add the button and/or remove the shunts for the cost of postage. The only thing I can't do is undrill a hole.

In a post you commented that you were thinking of some kind of preferential sale for those of us who were already on the DF waiting list, will this finally be the case or will it not be necessary thanks to the large stock?

I kept trying to figure out a way to make this work that didn't break down or cause me too many administrative headaches, and I couldn't. I decided to make the warranty 12 months instead and focus on delivering the highest quality heater I could.

I am very aware that some people have waited an extraordinarily long time for my portable heaters. The Flite is my answer to this, in many ways, as it avois some of the things that make the FD such a difficult thing to build. We designed the Flite with full knowledge of the thigns I got wrong with the FD. It is a step forward in many ways.

I have the credit card ready to fire, anxious waiting for you to wake up:D:D

It's 10:45am as I type this. Before I start selling these, I need to finish editing the Flite's video (which I re-filmed last light) and update my web store. Those tasks are going to take me at least 2-3 hours. Sorry for the added delay, but the video should answer many of the questions you raised. I want to get it posted ASAP to help others make their decisions.

No. As explained in a reply below, there is an "OFF" switch located internally, as a safety. It disconnects the trigger mechanism and prevents the activation of the relays.

And if each battery has 1200 mah then the IH can potentially have 3600mah of battery life per charge?

No. Sorry, battery capacity doesn't work that way. It isn't additive when the batteries are run in series as they are in the Flite and my other heaters. 1200mAh is the capacity. Each cell is capable of producing 4.2V @ 1200mAh, so 3x 18350 cells in series (3S) = 12.6V @1200mAh.

Running the three cells in parallel (3P) would yield more capacity, but at 1/3 the voltage.

Does this mean 50 clicks in total or 50x3= 150clicks??🤔

No, as explained above.

This! Thank you!

It is adjustable, but I do limit your range of adjustment, as is shown. I want the Flite to have a slow pulse. You can vary the duty cycle of that pulse = how much time each pulse "on" vs. "off" - but you can't change the frequency, which is determined by the circuit's timing capacitor.

I also assume that I could use the Flite as a dynavap holder with the contact option if I put a plastic/silicon cover on the cap?

Yes, no problem. The Flite also has N52 magnets at each corner, like the FD, so you can also rest your DV there.

You all have made it extremely difficult for me to be productive at work on a Friday.

I guess for good reasons. :lol:

Anticipation for the Flite v1 release is at an all time high.

I'm sorry.

I still have several more hours of prep to do before I will feel things are ready to go, so you still have a lot of time to kill.

Updated to add: I see @TommyDee got to many of these answers before me, so hopefully our answers agree :D

OK, off to finish editing that video.

Last edited:

mr_cfromcali

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Tariffs and duty are pain no matter what. IIRC, it was almost 60 euro to bring Orion into Europe on shipping. Any EU distributors that want to stock Fluxer Flites? Sounds like opportunity knocking, Jeff ;]

You're killing me, Tommy, lol. I AM THE BOTTLENECK! Having more distributors only helps if I can crank out more heaters.

Updated to add: Tommy's post above mine is FANTASTIC (!!!) and I strongly endorse it! His notes on battery capacity and Flite power usage are definitive. This man KNOWS that of which he speaks. :bowdown:

OK, now I'm off to edit video...

Last edited:

Prophecy

Is not also one of the differences from the switch and the cap as switch, that the first one need both hands and on the cap as switch only one hand. Taking the vapcap and dip it in the chamber and the heating begins vs take the vapcap put it in the chamber and then push the button to begin heating? For me this is a big advantage from the cap as switch the one handed operation when the heater is set down on the table or so.

Top Bottom