FlowerMate Vapormax V/V5.0/V5.0S/V5 Pro

TRON_iC

So day 2 with the Aura, I just don't understand this thing. It gets to the desired temp and I believe it, but it cools down about 60 degrees every draw. I know this because it feels cooler, so I click the temp up button, and it will show its REAL temp and climb back up to desired temp. But sometimes it will, sometimes it won't, sometimes it just continues to drop temp, sometimes it just shuts off, sometimes it does climb back up. Holding the power button to get it back to desired temp is a crap shoot. But it's extremely hard to get consistent vapor out of this thing and I find myself fighting the oven and electronics as much as I do using the thing. I've since started using a screen on top of a slightly packed bowl which works perfect for others and in my firefly. I'd really be upset if I wasn't downright stoned after my 15 minute fight with it. Like I said, I don't understand this thing haha

blackstone

The Pro version of the Mini is lower, 1919mAh against 2686 for the 'plain Vanilla' Mini when I measured them. The Aura is 'the same' (2666mAh), while the 5.0 is twice that. So the Aura has the same battery as the Mini but a little longer 'play time' due to better insulation?

FWIW I think the Aura at $60 from PIU is a deal not to be missed. Light and very easy to use, variable temperature, USB charging, useful battery 'meter', and an excellent backup that will see some use on it's own merits.

OF

Thank you so much for that info, that helps me decide for now. And that Aura seems like a clear winner, and exactly what I was looking for in a discreet form!
It looks so much smaller in people's hands than the more expensive Focus. This will tie me over great while saving for a fancy portable (four times the price) but as you say, I may end up liking this a lot!
Good to hear about that new mouthpiece too.
I'm across the pond, but @VapoShop 's FC discount has us covered almost as good for an Aura here too thank heavens!!
This could also be a great demo model to my sister, who expressed an interest in making the "big switch", but with a "small unit", so fingers crossed she likes mine and I'll buy her one too.
It seems like a great unit, format, and company/cust. service for a person starting out fucking combustion! It's just a pity it wasn't around a year ago when I was starting out.
Thanks again OF, so many things I have learned from what you have posted here!

Saw this review of the mini pro thought I would share for anyone interested!

May your weed be forever dank and your Keif catcher overflow
Cool, that guy is so funny. He made me want some of the vapes I've bought, he makes them seem so effective when he coughs hard!
That mini pro looks like a great device, and this vid almost sells the whole range too.
And, there's also an Aura in the background there!
So now I just wonder if he'll do a review before I get my hands on mine!!

Trev

So, my Aura mouthpiece broke completely last night, I've mailed the guys at Smiss to let them know.
2v2zho7.jpg

Trev,

Trev

I think it just can't cope with higher temperatures, I like to crank it up to highest temp for the last couple of hits and I think that's done it

thx1138

I have been using it at anywhere from 390 to 420, and mostly two settings of 395 and 415. I will give it a test run after supper (of course) and run much lower for an accurate answer to your question.
I will say that I draw on it while it heats, and running through the mid 300's, and it puts out some vapor.

Edit: I used DNA LA Chocolat - a medium density well cured product I had on hand for testing. The FM started to be usable at 365. I had flavor of course before that, around 340, but no vapor. Wisps of vapor began soon after that until a very low usable zone of 365 was found. I switched out to a fresh oven when I verified 365. Its vaping at that point, but not very much. I kicked it to 406 after four draws with thin but usable vapor at 365, and very nice full flavored vapor with body at 406. Not that 406 is where full vapor began. I just felt the need for some oomph after four draws at 365 and hit the button to 406, knowing I would finish the oven happily there.

Last edited:
I find that 385 on my V5mini (not the Pro version) gives adequate vapor and good taste for most of the load. When the taste changes I turn it up to 400 or 410 for the last few hits and get a nice cloud. With my V5Pro set to 385 I get taste but hardly any visible vapor. But remember visible vapor that is exhaled is wasted vapor, even if seeing it provides psychological satisfaction. But it's clear that 385 on my Mini is hotter than 385 on my Pro. Hotter temps cause vaporization of cannabinoids and terpenes to occur quicker, and produce bigger clouds, but with less flavor and will result in fewer hits to get full extraction. This is all individual preference for how cool or hot you like your vapor to be, how you value pure taste, whether you like to see vapor on exhale of big rips, etc.

thx1138

I would only add the diff in how you pack the oven and the strain differences. My Irukandji hits earlier (lower temp) than my LA Chocolat for instance.
I have some uncured AK48 on hand which is requires a much higher temp than the well cure LA Chocolat.
Individual preference rules here. I favor hotter temps, and faster ovens.
I have heard many folks say that visible vapor is wasted, but my experience is that the satisfaction, which is not psychological (but I get the point), more than accommodates.
385 on my mini pro gives a good taste too.
Keep in mind that I have been at this for almost 40 years and you have to hit me up side my head pretty hard to get me going.

blackstone

This is all individual preference for how cool or hot you like your vapor to be, how you value pure taste, whether you like to see vapor on exhale of big rips, etc.
I've noticed outdoors, I like low and slow first, but if I'm about to start moving again i'll be vaping a load hot and fast.
I think what I'm really doing is compensating for the wind and cold, and doing it both ways hits you two different ways, adding to the overall effect?

Just as I thought @thx1138 i had a hunch that the mini pro ran a little cool. Is this problem only for the mini pro or does the regular pro have the same issue?

I find that the mini pro around 420 hits the same as most vapes around 385

brokecollegekid,

thx1138

Just as I thought @thx1138 i had a hunch that the mini pro ran a little cool. Is this problem only for the mini pro or does the regular pro have the same issue?

I find that the mini pro around 420 hits the same as most vapes around 385

You could be onto something here. I think my mini pro hits a little hotter than that at 420 though, well over 400 if judging by comparisons with my other portables is a guide.
I think my Arizer Solo is a stronger, warmer oven than my Arizer Air - meaning that it holds a better temp when I draw heavily and at shorter intervals. It may be due to the larger mass, larger battery and larger oven heating element. With the different battery config in the Mini pro, and shorter battery life versus the mini, is the whole oven design, or the way it is heated different in someway like the simple Air and Solo comparison, making it run cooler?
Maybe OF knows.
I think of this temp readout as a relative guide to where I want to take it if the oven isn't satisfying me. It may be accurate or not, but I do find it effective for adjustments in the middle of a session. I like this vape much more than my Goboof Alfa, which ran way hot (I had two, both did). This Mini Pro is like an updated Alfa - same size, better mouthpiece, more control with temps, and doesn't burn my lip like a kid's steel pipe (or the Alfa). I like hot temps and fast ovens like I said ((not screaming hot like the Alfa), and this Mini pro doesn't seem to run cool IM humble E. Relative to other FMs, that may be another matter.

Edit: Hey I think this was posted here recently -
http://vaporizertemp.com/components-cannabis-terpene-boiling-points-effects/

Last edited:
thx1138,
Reactions: KeroZen

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
I've never done any A/B comparison, I'll try to set them all to 195°C and see someday. But my two pros are wispier at first because I always use the opportunity to start lower in temperature (their number one interest/appeal, as I find the FM5-S blue temp, 195°C, too high to start with)

There is also the recently announced difference in ceramic thickness between the FM5-S and FM5-Pro: we know it makes the Pro reach set temperature way faster. But it must be at the expense of less ceramic mass and hence less buffer/inertia to counter-act our draw? But if we follow that logic, the ceramic temperature should drop earlier but the sensor should also see that drop earlier and the heater should be able to try to compensate sooner?

I don't think there is a difference in sensor reading (apart from minute differences in the exact location they put it in and manuf tolerances in the probe itself) They must start at the same temperature but one is able to deliver larger sustained hits maybe?

So far it has never been an issue for me as I tend to sip (vs rip) my conduction vapes and use them in situations where a large exhale is undesirable. There have been a few occurences where I got wispy hits out of the new mini-Pro but every-time it was because the puck was dislodged and rose (the pristine white oven walls are slippy when new, it happens less when they start getting some gunk) I opened the device and pushed back the puck in place and instantly got normal vapor production again.

thx1138

Doing a side by side this a.m. with my Arizer Air and using these temp charts as a guide:
http://www.vaporizerwizard.com/arizer-air-vaporizer-review/

My new FM Mini pro hits more, and the oven temp is much warmer, than the Air on Green, which is 392 on the Air by the chart. It also hits similarly, a little stronger perhaps, and with a warmer oven than the Air on Red, which is 410 on the Air by the chart.

I also noticed that a preheated oven brings greater satisfaction. The second session right on the heels of the first takes advantage of the heat built up in the body from the first, like when I use my kitchen oven.

thx1138,
@thx1138

heres my views on the mini pro vs air and the difference of temps and what I think causes the spread we are talking about..

By comparing harshness of vapor compared to my air. And comparing to other conduction vapes such as the pax and in the ABV. My bud gets darker at a much lower temperature when the air. On the air the blue temperature is around 350F and is darker than my mini pro on 420F. that's a huge spread over 70F.

Also when you pull on the air hard even with restricted airflow you can lower the heat enough to Re-engage the heater.

With the mini pro with a much easier airflow and sucking as hard as you can the "actual temperature" never fluctuates.

Another note, when the air says its heated up. First draw you start producing vapor, with the mini pro it takes numerous draws to start vapor production

brokecollegekid,

thx1138

That sounds like a very different experience than mine. My Air runs somewhat close to my Solo on the settings that are the supposed to be close in temp, but the Solo is a tad warmer and stays consistently warmer through a draw. There are only a few added middle range settings on the Solo vs. the Air.

Comparing the blue setting on the Air with the 420 degree setting on the mini pro - that produces a very obviously hotter and better performance from the mini pro than the Air with my two units. This Air is not even close to this Mini pro when comparing them on blue and at 420 respectively. This mini pro is excellent on the 420 setting, too hot for some strains like a light sativa I have. The Air doesn't do anything worth mentioning on blue with the same sativa, nor does the solo on its numbered setting that is equivalent. I have never used the Air on blue, finding it unsatisfying. I have used it on green often, but thats the lowest setting I enjoy with the Air. Maybe that hopes to gauge what my subjective approach is to these vapes, so you can judge whether I just prefer a hotter or cooler setting than you, or whether you think its the vapes.

"Another note, when the air says its heated up. First draw you start producing vapor, with the mini pro it takes numerous draws to start vapor production"

I have had a different experience. The FM Mini Pro (we are talking about a new V5.OS Mini Pro from PIU just bought recently) produces vapor faster than the Air, which require a draw or two more to produce the same vapor at start-up. When both have been used and are immediately refilled and used again, the preheated oven on both brings a little quicker kick to the first few draws.

Last edited:
thx1138,
That sounds like a very different experience than mine. My Air runs somewhat close to my Solo on the settings that are the supposed to be close in temp, but the Solo is a tad warmer and stays consistently warmer through a draw. There are only a few added middle range settings on the Solo vs. the Air.

Comparing the blue setting on the Air with the 420 degree setting on the mini pro - that produces a very obviously hotter and better performance from the mini pro than the Air with my two units. This Air is not even close to this Mini pro when comparing them on blue and at 420 respectively. This mini pro is excellent on the 420 setting, too hot for some strains like a light sativa I have. The Air doesn't do anything worth mentioning on blue with the same sativa, nor does the solo on its numbered setting that is equivalent. I have never used the Air on blue, finding it unsatisfying. I have used it on green often, but thats the lowest setting I enjoy with the Air. Maybe that hopes to gauge what my subjective approach is to these vapes, so you can judge whether I just prefer a hotter or cooler setting than you, or whether you think its the vapes.

"Another note, when the air says its heated up. First draw you start producing vapor, with the mini pro it takes numerous draws to start vapor production"

I have had a different experience. The FM Mini Pro (we are talking about a new V5.OS Mini Pro from PIU just bought recently) produces vapor faster than the Air, which require a draw or two more to produce the same vapor at start-up. When both have been used and are immediately refilled and used again, the preheated oven on both brings a little quicker kick to the first few draws.

I'm starting to wonder if maybe my mini pro is defective. Also forgot to mention in my air I use a dome screen to make it pure conduction. Thanks for your view on the comparison! Will have to test further, midterms killing your boy haha

brokecollegekid,
Reactions: thx1138

machine.screw

Vape Critic on youtube recommended that you fill the ceramic chamber 85% full. I do that at 388F with a 5 to 10 second draw with my phone light on the mouthpiece it will have a bit of vapor drift, I exhail twords my phone light and I will get to where I want 5/6 draws.ABV is dark brown toast so I tose it. Just bought the pods separate. Not sure what I am doing wrong. I tried .150, .125, & .100g at 388-395. ABV was very light tan brown.
Got frustrated emptied out the ABV into my EQ cyclone bowl and blew up a bag at 415F at Fan speed 1 and lots was left over (lots)

machine.screw,
Vape Critic on youtube recommended that you fill the ceramic chamber 85% full. I do that at 388F with a 5 to 10 second draw with my phone light on the mouthpiece it will have a bit of vapor drift, I exhail twords my phone light and I will get to where I want 5/6 draws.ABV is dark brown toast so I tose it. Just bought the pods separate. Not sure what I am doing wrong. I tried .150, .125, & .100g at 388-395. ABV was very light tan brown.
Got frustrated emptied out the ABV into my EQ cyclone bowl and blew up a bag at 415F at Fan speed 1 and lots was left over (lots)

I find with the pods it works better with a really fine grind, I use my finnishing grinder. Turn the pod upside down so the cap is at the bottom of the oven. Also you need to turn the temp up to 400-420 because your having to heat up the pod. The temp inside the pod is cooler than what your oven temp is. Hope this helps!

brokecollegekid,

machine.screw

I find with the pods it works better with a really fine grind, I use my finnishing grinder. Turn the pod upside down so the cap is at the bottom of the oven. Also you need to turn the temp up to 400-420 because your having to heat up the pod. The temp inside the pod is cooler than what your oven temp is. Hope this helps!
Yeah thanks. I found the pods heat up about a minute(maybe 2 minutes) after the oven reaches temp. So I tried a full pod .125g) at 388 to test. Sure enough I get vapor wisps leaking out of the month piece and not as hot as 400 (burns my lips at that temp) I was loading upside down (lid on top vs on bottom

machine.screw,
Top Bottom