FlowerMate Vapormax V/V5.0/V5.0S/V5 Pro

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
No idea about that store but I think Smiss is pretty close to mass production already, it's not surprising if you see some shops announcing the products but it's probably pre-orders.

Wzfbaby7

That sucks to hear that they still have those smell problems. I'm actually more excited about the mini more than the Pro but the Pro seems cool so far. With all the new vaporizers coming out, I feel like this is slightly outdated in terms of form factor and glass stems.

Wzfbaby7,

max

Out to lunch
http://jolingtech.com/product.aspx
Online store claiming to sell flowermate pros and minis. not sure if ild believe it though unless anyone has had any experience with them?
Click 'buy' and all you get is a contact form. They'll be happy to take your money and send you one when they actually get stock, but it's clear they're just taking preorders.
I feel like this is slightly outdated in terms of form factor and glass stems.
Outdated form factor? I don't agree. It's flat and a better 'pocket fit' than the round, cylinder design. I do like the cylinder shape better in my hand, in actual use, but there's no comparison for battery life. The FM 5 series is like the energizer bunny. As for the glass mp being outdated, a different shape might make cleaning a little easier, but otherwise I don't see it.

Wzfbaby7

That's true Max but this is just my experience with different vapes. When I try vapes like the Pax or the Herbstick or the Imag Plus, it just feels and looks better in the hand and works smoother when passing between people. I love my Flowermate's battery, hands down.

Its just that the way the vaporizer community is advancing, Smiss should try to look into other form factors like the Pax or pen and try to get a little more competition and variety. I like Smiss, I just want to see some sexier looking vapes with great performance at the same affordable price.

Wzfbaby7,

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
@Wzfbaby7 : then maybe you will like the FM5-mini? It's considerably smaller. But as Max said, when the vape has a single cell the battery life is always shorter. You should also have a look at the Goboof Alfa because I read it has a surprisingly good battery life for a single cell vape.

If you are really after a "round pen" form factor, Smiss has the V2 and V6 models but I don't know if they really work with dry herbs like they say or not. I'm not even sure anyone reviewed them on FC? Or I might have missed it?

I like the FM5 glass mouthpiece... but you can get the old silicone one as a spare if you don't like it. By the way the one in the FM5-Pro is slightly shorter, I think to reduce the risk of having it lock the bottom lid when you store it the wrong way.

KeroZen,

Wzfbaby7

Lol I have nothing against the products Smiss has now. I love the Flowermate. I just would like to see them work on a Pax/Herbstick Deluxe like device. Thats all.

Wzfbaby7,
Reactions: KeroZen

FluffMolotov

Looking forward to your full review KeroZen.

Have you any idea of the extent to which the control boards on the two first Vapormax models (V5.0/S) differ from one another?
I really dig my V5 but am in dire need of temp regulation, thinking of either gutting my current unit and modifying it to variable spec - or waiting on a new budget vape (V5Pro or herbstick)...

FluffMolotov,
Reactions: KeroZen

Slow Draw McGraw

Company Rep
Anyone post any directions on the best way to open up a V5.0S?
Want to see if I can fix mine.

Pop off both sliding covers. There will be screws. After you unscrew them, mind the temp button and such when you slide everything out. Go Buttom up. After that you will see pretty much everything. If you do this while medicated, take pics so you can have references when you reassemble.

danthepan124

Pop off both sliding covers. There will be screws. After you unscrew them, mind the temp button and such when you slide everything out. Go Buttom up. After that you will see pretty much everything. If you do this while medicated, take pics so you can have references when you reassemble.

can you explain pop off? im always scared ill break it :(

danthepan124,
Recently I noticed the LED in the bowl is not lighting up , have u guys encounter this problem?

Yeah, the light stopped working on my son's about a month after I gave it to him at christmas. I've had one since Aug and the light still works. Go figure.

archangelz001,

cheebo

I managed to take it apart i just dont know how to get to the bottom screen now :(
That's exactly my problem with my FM. I have heavily used it for the past year now that I have owned it and it was working out great until the hits started to become more and more restrictive lately. If I could just remove the lower "fixed" screen to clean underneath it I'm sure it will hit like day one, but for now I'll just stick with my new solo ;)

cheebo,

danthepan124

Underneath the chamber, there are holes. You need to poke through the holes to pop the screen out. Please, be gentle in handling everything at this point. I dont want you to be vapeless.

I am so very scared to try this, but going to have to eventually when i wanna clean the bottom screen T____T

danthepan124,

Wahiker

If you really don't want to take it apart (and I can't say I blame you), one alternative is to get a long skinny needle, run it over medium sandpaper lengthwise (to put some grooves in it to help it scrape better), then poke it in each hole on the bottom plate and give it a little twist. (Note that I haven't tried this yet, but I probably will when the need arises). I estimate that there's something like 225 holes on the chamber screen, so if you figure maybe 4 seconds per hole, this would only take around 15 minutes.

Wahiker,

cheebo

Underneath the chamber, there are holes. You need to poke through the holes to pop the screen out. Please, be gentle in handling everything at this point. I dont want you to be vapeless.
I did, only a threading needle fits in there and I already broke 3 needles trying to pop out the lower screen. If SMISS is reading this you should really make this screen removable in your next model.

If you really don't want to take it apart (and I can't say I blame you), one alternative is to get a long skinny needle, run it over medium sandpaper lengthwise (to put some grooves in it to help it scrape better), then poke it in each hole on the bottom plate and give it a little twist. (Note that I haven't tried this yet, but I probably will when the need arises). I estimate that there's something like 225 holes on the chamber screen, so if you figure maybe 4 seconds per hole, this would only take around 15 minutes.
Tried that, Doesn't really work.

cheebo,
Reactions: 421

Slow Draw McGraw

Company Rep
I did, only a threading needle fits in there and I already broke 3 needles trying to pop out the lower screen.
Yes, it takes some force. Reason is you might have packed your loads down to hard, jamming it in there tighter. I broke two needles. I took the oven off(wires still intact)from where it is held. I put the needle in from the bottom holes, and pressed down on a hard surface with the needle forcing itself up to force the screen up. Try it in each hole to loosen it up from all sides.
☆please be careful if you try this☆

Slow Draw McGraw,

cheebo

Ok, I removed it just now. I tried it again with one of the broken needles and it popped out. It wasn't easy and it took alot of force but its out. It looks like it should work the same, if not better, without the lower screen so I put it all back together. The airflow is a lot better now but my battery is dead so I cant put it to the test right now.
Yes, it takes some force. Reason is you might have packed your loads down to hard, jamming it in there tighter. I broke two needles. I took the oven off(wires still intact)from where it is held. I put the needle in from the bottom holes, and pressed down on a hard surface with the needle forcing itself up to force the screen up. Try it in each hole to loosen it up from all sides.
☆please be careful if you try this☆
Thanks, Thats exactly what I did. Did you try using it without the screen on?

cheebo,
Reactions: 421

Slow Draw McGraw

Company Rep
Ok, I removed it just now. I tried it again with one of the broken needles and it popped out. It wasn't easy and it took alot of force but its out. It looks like it should work the same, if not better, without the lower screen so I put it all back together. The airflow is a lot better now but my battery is dead so I cant put it to the test right now.

Thanks, Thats exactly what I did. Did you try using it without the screen on?

Those holes in the bottom of the chamber are pretty big, so material may fall through and get in the unit. I used a solo screen domed a bit and put it in the bottom of the oven. Much better performance.

happyvapeman

Those holes in the bottom of the chamber are pretty big, so material may fall through and get in the unit. I used a solo screen domed a bit and put it in the bottom of the oven. Much better performance.

@Slow Draw McGraw I`m right in sync on this topic... had my ISO, Q-tips and needle out last night trying to improve the draw on my V5.0 (maybe I`m just getting spoiled by my Solo`s easier draw:tup:)...

No real improvement with poking the needle through all the little holes and decided at some point I need to open it up and maybe change the screen.

Did you use a 1/2" or 5/8" Solo screen? I know I used a 3/8" to replace the one in the mouthpiece and it really helped a lot so I`m thinking that changing the one in the oven will probably help a lot as well...

Last edited:
happyvapeman,
Top Bottom