FlowerMate Vapormax V/V5.0/V5.0S/V5 Pro

lostmyv6

I'm talking to one of the smiss employees from Alibaba she says the pro version will be 50.5 and will be able to send it out in 3 days I'm about to take the plunge

lostmyv6,

mr_shady

Thanks KeroZen that's quite a wait but I'll be patient haha if they get it right size aside sounds like could be a close to the perfect portable for my needs. I have a mflb and a pax I'm fed up with my mflb just far too much fuss and takes me like 2 hours to get to were I wanna be and I just can't seem to get past a 6.5 out of 10 with my pax no matter how much herb I use with it.

@lostmyv6 - I wouldn't put too much faith in what they say over email don't think some of their employees know what their on about to be honest.

mr_shady,
Reactions: KeroZen

Rhodeislandred

Hi all, I'm brand new to the forum, and I'm hoping someone can help me with some advice. I recently decided to buy a Portable vape and I did some research and it seemed like people liked this vape. It's the flowermate 5. I Like everything about it except it doesn't allow for much airflow and i am getting no satisfying vapor clouds. In fact the other day I tried about .25 gram of Pineapple Express in this and I really didnt get much of an effect at all. And if I smoke even a little puff of the PE I absolutely feel it. i tried it on all 3 temperatures. I pulled the screen out of the mouthpiece and that did increase the flow a tiny bet, but not much. I'm hoping that I am doing something wrong as I like design of this thing and the glass mouthpiece.
Anyway this seems like a great forum.

Rhodeislandred,

lostmyv6

Thanks KeroZen that's quite a wait but I'll be patient haha if they get it right size aside sounds like could be a close to the perfect portable for my needs. I have a mflb and a pax I'm fed up with my mflb just far too much fuss and takes me like 2 hours to get to were I wanna be and I just can't seem to get past a 6.5 out of 10 with my pax no matter how much herb I use with it.

@lostmyv6 - I wouldn't put too much faith in what they say over email don't think some of their employees know what their on about to be honest.
You where right sir :clap: The employee got it confused with the 5.0S somehow :\

lostmyv6,

Mr H

Just managed to scrape into the timeslot for a replacement due to the batteries that died on me.

All is well.

max

Out to lunch
capcoho said:
I have tried cleaning the bottom screen with qtip+iso but it doesn't work well enough imo when the bottom screen is really over gunked. Scraping with a screwdriver to get the screen 95% clean and then cleaning with qtip+iso works super well which also would clean away any particles.
I would never scrape a vape screen. Turning the vape upside down and cleaning with an ISO soaked cotton swab is all I've ever needed to do with the FM. You just need to clean more often. The bottom screen actually stays pretty clean on mine. I suspect you're packing your bowl so much that the herb doesn't get sucked off the bottom. I'd much rather deal with cleaning the mp screen, vs. the bottom chamber screen.

mr_shady said:
Anyone have experience dealing with Smiss directly? I emailed them through alibaba I never heard back for several days so tried again at first I got a reply a few days ago from someone named Phoebe Yang who told me the S version is $56.5 + $38 shipping. Today I got a reply from a Mia Zhang who told me $58 for the S version + $30 shipping I asked about the Pro version which Mia told me were $50 each I haven't heard back from Phoebe yet.
Yes their customer svc. is spotty and you may ask a question and never get an answer. The 1st response may be 'thank you for your inquiry, our workmates will contact you later', and that may be the last response you get. It happened to me when I asked about the difference between the 5.0 and the 5.0S. And yes, you're likely to get a slightly different price every time you ask for a quote. Buying through alibaba directly will also get you a hefty shipping charge. I've gotten the best pricing on FM products through dhgate. You just have to wait until they show up there. If you're set on getting the latest FM version as soon as it's available, you'll pay more.

it doesn't allow for much airflow
If it gave you the increased air flow you're looking for, you'd probably be even more unhappy with the vapor production. Hard/fast draws can lower your vaping temp to a considerable degree, sometimes too low to even produce vapor at all. You can drill out the middle hole in the restrictor plate (mouthpiece) a little, but if you increase air flow too much you'll have to restrict your hits to compensate.
i am getting no satisfying vapor clouds.
If you want to exhale big clouds of vapor I'd get a home unit that provides big hits. Portables are designed for small loads and the same restricted air flow that you're complaining about is there for efficient vapor production.
I really didnt get much of an effect at all.
If the herb is turning brown then it's getting vaporized and the unit is working. It's as simple as that. You don't say what your vaping experience is, but comparing vaping effects to smoking isn't wise. You're getting smoke byproducts that have nothing to do with cannabis but do have a sedative effect. If you're going to switch to vapor then you should avoid smoking completely until you're adjusted to a clean high, which is what you get with vaporizing.

I've used quite a few portables over the years, and I find the FM quite satisfactory. Simple to use and maintain, and it produces vapor just fine. If you load the unit, turn it on, and see vapor being produced with the mouthpiece off (you do need decent lighting to see vapor well), then it's working.

Bebop

Way of the Mild
Well said max .
I was wondering how drawing speed effects the load temp , I do seem to be getting more vapor when I draw slower, I think this is one of the things ppl new to vaping would forget.

Bebop,

Rhodeislandred

Thanks Max. Thanks for the advice on the airflow, that makes sense. I have been drawing pretty hard on it and I removed the screen on the mouthpiece. I think I'll put the screen back on the mouthpiece and try to draw very slowly on it and see how that works. I'll report back with my findings.
As far as experience with vaporizers, I have only used the larger units with a whip, so I am used to giant clouds.

Rhodeislandred,

max

Out to lunch
I think I'll put the screen back on the mouthpiece and try to draw very slowly on it and see how that works.
Their screens are more restrictive than the standard stainless steel screen, but the plus for them is that stiff metal with the solid rim- makes for a screen that'll last a very long time if you're careful with it. Using a 3/8" stainless steel screen in place of the stock screen (which I've done) improves air flow, and you can a pack of 50 on eBay for $3 delivered. You could even use 2 ss screens in the mouthpiece and have improved air flow over the stock screen. I also drilled out the center hole in the restrictor plate with a 5/64" bit, and that helped. You could go a little larger with that hole, but not much, or you'd end up with one big hole, instead of 5. You could also replace the bottom screen with a 3/8" ss, improving air flow.

As far as experience with vaporizers, I have only used the larger units with a whip, so I am used to giant clouds.
You've been chugging vapor. With this portable, you're more in sipping mode. It'll take more sips, but it'll get you there.
What would be considered the next step up from the Flowermate Vapormax V/V5.0?
Depends on what you're looking for. A step up in what way? More refinement? Better air flow? More temps to choose from? Better warranty? Most people would certainly vote for the S&B Crafty being a big step up from the FM 5.0, but you can get 10 FM's for less than the price of one Crafty. As far as the Flowermate brand goes, the Pro will be more desirable, for the variable temp alone, but OTOH it may be less reliable and higher priced. The Mini V5.0 is a good option if you're looking for something smaller. That one definitely interests me.
Avoid the flowermate v8
Why? Posting a link to the V8.0 thread would be more helpful than just saying 'don't buy it'.
Again- why? You can't take the time to say 'full range variable temp'?

max,
Reactions: Pipes

Slow Draw McGraw

Company Rep
@max you really me calling out? :clap:

Maybe I should have typed:
"pro, PM me for details"

more words.....directions included.

Slow Draw McGraw,

max

Out to lunch
@max you really me calling out? :clap:
Just saying your post would be more useful if you took the time to offer a reason for the Pro. 'Variable temp' was all you needed to add. We do have a rule about low content posts- Don’t make short posts that offer no significant content. That rule is there because the forum owner doesn't like opinions on vapes with nothing added to back 'em up, and at this point info on the Pro isn't that easy to find. I've seen nothing about it except on the Smiss site, and if you don't know they make the Flowermate, trying to google it will get you nothing.

FrigginRights

Does anyone know if the FM charger will work in Europe with one of those plug converters? I read elsewhere it would but am curious to confirm.

The flowermate charger will work with an outlet with a voltage of 110vto220v (So you're good). You just need a prong adapter.

AudioGD

The Vapormax V8.0 looks nice, but the size of the Vapormax V5.0S, might be more my size.
I just found out the V5.0S model comes with 3 temp settings.
but I still have an open mind to what I may buy.

I have a lot of 18650 batteries laying around, so that where I'm headed for a vaporizer.

AudioGD,

capcoho

I have a lot of 18650 batteries laying around, so that where I'm headed for a vaporizer.

Keep in mind with the v5 series I find I can vape all day without having to recharge since there are 2 18650 batts. It would be nice if the 18650 batts could be replaced more easily though.

capcoho,
Reactions: Pipes

AudioGD

Is there a manual or complete guide for the Vapormax V5.0S

Edit, just ordered the V5.0S, the V8.0 is just a little too bulky for my needs.

Last edited:
AudioGD,

SmokinPanda84

New to the forum. Looking at getting my first Vape and interested in getting V5.0S. My question is what is a reputable site to order from? I've never ordered anything like this online and afraid of knock offs

SmokinPanda84,

AudioGD

New to the forum. Looking at getting my first Vape and interested in getting V5.0S. My question is what is a reputable site to order from? I've never ordered anything like this online and afraid of knock offs

I just ordered my V5.0S off eBay, tried to find a seller that is not that far away and offers a fair price and does not have too much negative feedback or not any negative feedback on the type of product I order.
Guess it's also helpful to Fuckcombustion if you buy from sellers that are active on the forum.

AudioGD,

Slow Draw McGraw

Company Rep

I just ordered my V5.0S off eBay, tried to find a seller that is not that far away and offers a fair price and does not have too much negative feedback or not any negative feedback on the type of product I order.
Guess it's also helpful to Fuckcombustion if you buy from sellers that are active on the forum.

You members new to vaping?

Slow Draw McGraw,
Top Bottom