Flower Pot VROD vs VXH EVO

SonSzu

Hey FC, my plenty recently croaked (refuses to heat up 100%) so I'm needing a new vape

I'd prefer a powerful desktop without any butane torches

I've narrowed down my choices between the VROD and VXH but I'm open to suggestions

I know nothing's perfect but I want to try and check as many boxes as possible

Hoping the FC veterans can help

Wants
+ Pure flavorful, clean & dense vapor (no hot vapor)
+ Effortless to load and reload
+ Flower / concentrates with easy to low maintenance
+ Ability to use multiple glass pieces, water or dry
+ Efficient with options for big bowls (hard to go back from the plenty's chamber)
+ Ability to use in the dark (VROD seems like it'll burn me in the dark)
+ Clouds, clouds, clouds (I like clouds)

Things I don't like about the VXH
- Can't flip upside down without damaging electric circuits (afaik)
- Have to wait for concentrate glass to dry before hitting
- Can't dab / flower at the same time, like the VROD
- Small bowl, constantly refilling
- No temp dial

Things I don't like about the VROD
- Seems hard to use in the dark
- Managing multiple pieces
- Might burn myself frequently
- Need a lab to operate
- Looks dorky

Maninthemachine

I ordered a vrod earlier this week :) super excited to receive it.have tried several evos and they are good flavor decent clouds.from what I’ve seen the vrod would probably be closer to what you are looking for based on that criteria !
It looks dorky to you ?? Didn’t get that vibe personally I like the coil aspect very much myself,and with the portable power bank/case seems to not take up a whole table at the least.

SonSzu

I ordered a vrod earlier this week :) super excited to receive it.have tried several evos and they are good flavor decent clouds.from what I’ve seen the vrod would probably be closer to what you are looking for based on that criteria !

Nice. What ultimately convinced you to choose the VROD over the EVO?

It looks dorky to you ?? Didn’t get that vibe personally I like the coil aspect very much myself,and with the portable power bank/case seems to not take up a whole table at the least.

The EVO looks much easier to use while watching TV. With the VROD, I feel like I'll burn myself if i'm not paying attention. Maybe I'm being over cautious.

I wonder if VROD owners can comfortably hit multiple bowls in the dark while surfing / tv / working

SonSzu,

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
I'd go with the Vrod.

Flower performance is comparable between the two, but the Vrod blows the EVO out of the water with concentrate use.

The Vrod is easier to load/unload, and will be easier to pair with other glass pieces.

I don't find the Vrod dangerous to use at all. Someone in the FP thread compared the FP to having a candle in the room. I feel that's an accurate comparison. Yes, the possibility is there, but it's easily managed.

The EVO gets plenty hot as well, and you'd burn yourself if you grabbed the glass connection at the top.

SonSzu

I'd go with the Vrod.

Flower performance is comparable between the two, but the Vrod blows the EVO out of the water with concentrate use.

The Vrod is easier to load/unload, and will be easier to pair with other glass pieces.

I don't find the Vrod dangerous to use at all. Someone in the FP thread compared the FP to having a candle in the room. I feel that's an accurate comparison. Yes, the possibility is there, but it's easily managed.

The EVO gets plenty hot as well, and you'd burn yourself if you grabbed the glass connection at the top.

Thanks for posting. You have both so you're an invaluable source of information.

Allow me to pick your brain a minute.

- Can you compare flavor / cloud density of both vapes? Which provides cooler flavor?
- Can you compare the bowl sizes for the Vrod & Evo? Vrod is bigger yes?
- Which one is easier & faster to go from 0 - 10 with flower?
- Which produces better flavor without water?
- How comfortably can you use & reload bowls in the VROD at night in the dark?

I often vape at night with just a screen in front of me.

Every video I've seen the VXH Evo looks like it has bigger clouds. YT vids aren't everything but what is your experience?

Someone in the FP thread compared the FP to having a candle in the room. I feel that's an accurate comparison.

Does anything besides the heating element get too hot to touch?

SonSzu,
Reactions: Roth

Pyr0

Stoned Roses
I've got an Evo, and bought a showerhead which has replaced it as my go to vape for now.
I purchased a vrod too, but sold it on and stuck with the showerhead. Just my personal preference on the flower extraction ability as that's what I mainly vape.

I'd advise getting a small table lamp if you want to be able to see clouds (and to avoid any chance of accidental burns), but I wouldn't get too hung up on them as it's going to depend on the quality of herb and the amount of filtration more than anything else imho.

The bowl will also be hot after using the vape, so you need to use the handle, but it's simple to empty and load. :shrug:

Last edited:

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
I use my FP from a recliner, keep my glass piece on the hardwood floor next to me and the FP on it’s stand on the table next to me. I really have not had any problems with this, fill a bowl, place it on the glass, hold the glass with my left hand and grab the FP with my right and set it on the bowl and draw until the glass is milked. I do not like lights at night and often the only light on the room is the television. The only challenge this presents is seeing in the bowl which is over rated as I can tell from the draws whether or not the material is spent. With the NV stand and the FP blueing from the heat the setup from my perspective is a hair industrial, but also very precise and elegant.

Which one? EVO or FP? If you have narrowed it down to those two, why not buy both!

Last edited:

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
Thanks for posting. You have both so you're an invaluable source of information.

Allow me to pick your brain a minute.

- Can you compare flavor / cloud density of both vapes? Which provides cooler flavor?
- Can you compare the bowl sizes for the Vrod & Evo? Vrod is bigger yes?
- Which one is easier & faster to go from 0 - 10 with flower?
- Which produces better flavor without water?
- How comfortably can you use & reload bowls in the VROD at night in the dark?

I often vape at night with just a screen in front of me.

Every video I've seen the VXH Evo looks like it has bigger clouds. YT vids aren't everything but what is your experience?

Does anything besides the heating element get too hot to touch?

When it comes down to it, flower performance between the two is going to be very comparable. They are both top tier vapes for flower, and both will impress just about anyone.

The EVO used to be my daily driver, and it's been in the closet since I got my SH and Vrod earlier this year.

I keep meaning to pull the EVO out to compare to the SH/Vrod again, but just haven't.

The biggest difference between the two is concentrates. With flower performance, you're splitting hairs between the two. Vrod is on another level for concentrates.

I honestly think the reason why is the ability to use a carb cap with the Vrod. For anyone who uses a banger or any other type of enail, they know dabbing without a carb cap is wasteful and doesn't taste nearly as good since you have to raise temps.

So if concentrates are going to be in your life, don't even think about it, just got Vrod.

Regarding usability of the Vrod, I often use mine soley by the light of the TV without issue. If you buy the safety stand with the debowling spike from NewVape, unloading a bowl is a cinch. And loading the Vrod bowl is much easier than the EVO baskets.

And you should absolutely get the safety stand with debowling spike from NV, I wouldn't want to use my FP without it.

Yes, the Vrod bowl is larger than the EVO baskets.

The only really hot things with the Vrod is the Vrod head itself, and the part of the stand you rest the Vrod head on when not in use. The bowl can get warm to the touch after several heavy back to back hits, but it cools quickly and has a handle sp you never really even touch it.

Regarding cloud performance between the two, I'd give the slight edge to the Vrod if I had to choose. But both will have you billowing clouds like a steam engine if you want. I wouldn't put much stock in videos, lighting plays such a major role.

The Vrod might look complicated at first, I know it intimidated me at first since I had never really used an enail prior. But once you use it, you see how simple and we'll designed it really is.

The durability of the Vrod is another selling point of the Vrod over the EVO imo. I could drop the Vrod from the 2nd story window and it would be no worse for wear besides a few cosmetic scratches. Knock the EVO off the table and it could cost you a $100 repair fee and a fee weeks without your vape.

tl;dr

Get the Vrod.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
The Evo can be used upside down. I do it all the time.

I've used enough big ass, hot as shit vapes that I don't do that shit in the dark ever! That being said, I haven't burned myself on my FP yet, and the top of the Evo gets plenty hot enough to burn.

Either one will knock your sock off, so hurry up and pick one! You'll be happy with either.

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
@Roth I think the other difference is the ritual/ceremony between using the EVO and the FP. For me the FP ritual just works, but how would you comapare the two from a ritual perspective?

Roth

Pining for the Mountains

Yes, thank you. I caught that in the original OP and forgot to correct it.

Yes, the EVO can be used upside down, but it's not recommended to leave it upside down for extended periods of time. I believe that might be where the confusion came in.

@Roth I think the other difference is the ritual/ceremony between using the EVO and the FP. For me the FP ritual just works, but how would you comapare the two from a ritual perspective?

I don't know that there would be any real difference. You can make the ritual whatever you desire with both vapes. But I might not be understanding your question fully.

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
I don't know that there would be any real difference. You can make the ritual whatever you desire with both vapes. But I might not be understanding your question fully.
For me the ritual is the set of motions you go thru to vape. For example the DynaVaps are very much like smoking or using a one hitter./dugout, it’s a great ritual for someone trying to concvert from smoking J’s. For the FF2 the ritual was loading the bowl, pressing the buttons and drawing. But than the FF2 required stiring which would make a mess and break any ritual I had, so I was not cool with that and sold it.

I find each vape has a different set of motions you go through to load it up and use it, some of these motions (rituals) are more pleasing than others. For me I fell right into the FP ritual with no problem, except when I repeated the ritual in succession too many times. :rockon:

SonSzu

I've used enough big ass, hot as shit vapes that I don't do that shit in the dark ever! That being said, I haven't burned myself on my FP yet, and the top of the Evo gets plenty hot enough to burn.

Either one will knock your sock off, so hurry up and pick one! You'll be happy with either.

I was told by 3rd party retailers and VXH staff themselves not to leave the Evo unit inverted for "an extended period of time". As I understand it, you're heating the electrical circuits this way and they recommend setting the unit right-side up in between sessions.

So you can invert them for short periods, YMMV with long term damage.

Without realizing what I was doing, I messed up 2 Storz & Bickels Plenty units this way.

I use my FP from a recliner, keep my glass piece on the hardwood floor next to me and the FP on it’s stand on the table next to me. I really have not had any problems with this, fill a bowl, place it on the glass, hold the glass with my left hand and grab the FP with my right and set it on the bowl and draw until the glass is milked. I do not like lights at night and often the only light on the room is the television. The only challenge this presents is seeing in the bowl which is over rated as I can tell from the draws whether or not the material is spent. With the NV stand and the FP blueing from the heat the setup from my perspective is a hair industrial, but also very precise and elegant.

Which one? EVO or FP? If you have narrowed it down to those two, why not buy both!

Haha this sounds great. What glass piece you running with the FP?

For me the ritual is the set of motions you go thru to vape. For example the DynaVaps are very much like smoking or using a one hitter./dugout, it’s a great ritual for someone trying to concvert from smoking J’s. For the FF2 the ritual was loading the bowl, pressing the buttons and drawing. But than the FF2 required stiring which would make a mess and break any ritual I had, so I was not cool with that and sold it.

I find each vape has a different set of motions you go through to load it up and use it, some of these motions (rituals) are more pleasing than others. For me I fell right into the FP ritual with no problem, except when I repeated the ritual in succession too many times. :rockon:

What's the FP ritual? Load, hit, stir, hit & reload I'd imagine?

FP Vrod has the added peace of mind of not having to replace much.
When it comes down to it, flower performance between the two is going to be very comparable. They are both top tier vapes for flower, and both will impress just about anyone.

The EVO used to be my daily driver, and it's been in the closet since I got my SH and Vrod earlier this year.

I keep meaning to pull the EVO out to compare to the SH/Vrod again, but just haven't.

The biggest difference between the two is concentrates. With flower performance, you're splitting hairs between the two. Vrod is on another level for concentrates.

I honestly think the reason why is the ability to use a carb cap with the Vrod. For anyone who uses a banger or any other type of enail, they know dabbing without a carb cap is wasteful and doesn't taste nearly as good since you have to raise temps.

So if concentrates are going to be in your life, don't even think about it, just got Vrod.

Regarding usability of the Vrod, I often use mine soley by the light of the TV without issue. If you buy the safety stand with the debowling spike from NewVape, unloading a bowl is a cinch. And loading the Vrod bowl is much easier than the EVO baskets.

And you should absolutely get the safety stand with debowling spike from NV, I wouldn't want to use my FP without it.

Yes, the Vrod bowl is larger than the EVO baskets.

The only really hot things with the Vrod is the Vrod head itself, and the part of the stand you rest the Vrod head on when not in use. The bowl can get warm to the touch after several heavy back to back hits, but it cools quickly and has a handle sp you never really even touch it.

Regarding cloud performance between the two, I'd give the slight edge to the Vrod if I had to choose. But both will have you billowing clouds like a steam engine if you want. I wouldn't put much stock in videos, lighting plays such a major role.

The Vrod might look complicated at first, I know it intimidated me at first since I had never really used an enail prior. But once you use it, you see how simple and we'll designed it really is.

The durability of the Vrod is another selling point of the Vrod over the EVO imo. I could drop the Vrod from the 2nd story window and it would be no worse for wear besides a few cosmetic scratches. Knock the EVO off the table and it could cost you a $100 repair fee and a fee weeks without your vape.

tl;dr

Get the Vrod.

Thanks for the thorough write up. This really helped.

Last edited:

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
What's the FP ritual? Load, hit, stir, hit & reload I'd imagine?
You could distill the motions down to this, but the ritual is about how all this goes and that is very subjective and will vary from one vaper/twaxer to another. Some vapes are just more enjoyable to use than others, for me the FlowerPot, the DynaVaps and the Milaana2 all have a good ritual and are enjoyable to use.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
I'm just reading this thread for fun but anyone who's been here a while could guess you were gonna get way more votes for the vrod. There is no desktop getting more swoon on FC than the Flowerpots. They are the Kang and Kodos of desktops.

SonSzu

You could distill the motions down to this, but the ritual is about how all this goes and that is very subjective and will vary from one vaper/twaxer to another. Some vapes are just more enjoyable to use than others, for me the FlowerPot, the DynaVaps and the Milaana2 all have a good ritual and are enjoyable to use.

In your recliner setup, do you prefer smaller glass for the FP? Or bigger beaker style bongs?

I'm just reading this thread for fun but anyone who's been here a while could guess you were gonna get way more votes for the vrod. There is no desktop getting more swoon on FC than the Flowerpots. They are the Kang and Kodos of desktops.

Is the hype justified? Recency bias? What's your take?

SonSzu,

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Is the hype justified? Recency bias? What's your take?
I've never tried one. I was just talking shit because FC fp fans are ride or die. They'll be the ones who know what's up too. I'm just saying they show up when it's time to give the showerhead/vrod their due.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
The FP can’t be used at all inverted, so HT use is out.

I remove the head of the FP between most hits, just like I would remove the Evo from a bubbler between hits. And I never leave the FP on the bowl for extended periods or the herbs will cook up.

Once loaded, the motions with these two are pretty similar on a bubbler, except stirring, which is easier with the FP.

stickstones,
Reactions: YaMon

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
In your recliner setup, do you prefer smaller glass for the FP? Or bigger beaker style bongs?
While I have a few glass pieces, my current daily driver is the the 12.5" stereo matrix NewVape sells with a Grav Labs ash catcher. I like the size of the can and it has the right amount of chug. While a little awkward, the bent neck allows me to look down and see when the glass is milked so I may judge hit size.

@bossman I hope you find a few vapes you'll vouch for given a certain users objectives. I've had the privelige of owning many top tier vapes (and using many more), and definitely have a few strong favorites..and yes it is the motions you go through, ritual, the experience, quality of vapor, cleaning/upkeep..a lot of things most new vapers do not consider. My wife just ordered me a Lil Bud for Christmas, so I am very much looking forward to seeing if that takes the place of my Milaana 2 in the unregulated category. For those not so privileged to purchase so many quality vapes and with no outlets to try them, if I am able to help them sort through their choices leveraging my experience I'm more than happy to "ride or die."

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
I really like the ritual as @YaMon mentioned with my NV SH, very much like taking a lighter to a bong. I dont find it unsafe to use at all, personally, especially if you have a proper stand for the NV heater (I made my own). Unfortunately I cant vape flowers for medicine so it really only gets used to sample flower prior to pressing. I never got the vrod because I have a dnail SiC halo on the slim base, so I have two separate setups for my flowers vs oils.

I still think if I was back in the market for a vaporizer I'd choose the NV setup over the Evo mostly because the somewhat "open" system of the enail. I've got 4 different size coils which I can hook it up to a number of nails. I only have to switch the heaters when the desire comes up to use a different nail.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
@YaMon sweet, let me know what you think of your LB when it arrives and I'd be curious how it compares to your Milanna, which I've never tried. I was using my LB last night and it's still my favorite from that ritual standpoint. I recommend you get a 3 to 4" glass lined stem from Mike or Alan.

I'm sure you guys are totally right to rep the Flowerpots. I wasn't criticizing, just observing that there isn't a vocal Evo population that can be bothered to explain the joys with anywhere near the zeal and consistency displayed by the Newvape owners.

Alexis

I found the Evo very awkward, handling wise to invert on a bubbler. I didn't enjoy or look forward to the ritual at all. I know this isn't meant to be it's forte, but I would definitely want the option to use it this way, direct to glass, no whip or hydratube.

The Showerhead I loved using, everything about the ritual. Holding, manouvering, dropping the heater on, liftinh off etc- was very comfortable, effortless and fun. Truly one of the easiest, most intuitive and fun desktop designs I have used. The Evo was all round more awkward, less comfortable, enjoyable and easy for me personally. I also found it to be harder work to get the same level of extraction.

But this was just my own brief and admittedly limited experience, but one which I had nonetheless.
Personally, I would be very content and over the moon to sport the marvelous Vrod system in my home daily.
I would not actually be very interested in the Evo for my own home use.

Pyr0

Stoned Roses
I loved the ease of use of the evo. pop in a basket, hydratube on top, easy peasy
When I bought a showerhead I had to get used to it and during the learning process managed to singe a knuckle and a mousemat lol.
I may be a dumbass :p but I've never managed to burn myself on the evo.. although the glass nails can be a bit dangerous after use

Top Bottom