1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Flam

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by muunch, May 18, 2017.

1. muunch

muunch hotboxing the cockpit

Hey all,

I was given a chance to purchase the Flam vaporizer from @funkyjunky when ordering some extra accessories for my Tubo Evic.

It arrived today and I figured I would share some thoughts and very brief/bad pictures video! :tup:

I initially posted these on my insta story and then saved them and posted it so I could link it here... So yeah they're shit quality but meh.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

these pictures and 2 videos showing how it works and very very brief function can be found here:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BUQUaHkDP9l8ke4aSWBOeXLDdb68KyTb3DWmoo0/?taken-by=ary1l

I only used it a bit today but it was interesting. Very smooth. I'd like to see if there's a way to use it dry so I can really compare but it seems like just a neat little novelty more than something that's supposed to be a daily driver or regular-use device. I don't know though.

It's pretty much a small glass tube with 2 18mm male joints on each side, with a tubo style, interlocking-wood, box enclosure around the middle of the device.

The joint that goes INTO the mouthpiece (18mm female waterpiece what both @funkyjunky and I used) is packed with herbs and then closed off with the rimmed basket screen, similar to how I use the tubo.

The joint above that also has a rimmed basket screen that's intended to be left there. Underneath are small boroscillicate glass beads that are held up (by a SS screen ?) and distribute the heat. You blast the mesh/beads with torch lighter (single torch Honest, ala SB is what I used) and then draw after a little heat builds up.

I can't comment on taste really since water dulled most of it, but the vapor was smooth. Not super super dense, but very fun to use and also very cool looking little thing.

I will also note - it required next to no stirring even with a fairly big load. :rockon:

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2017
  2. elykpeace

elykpeace exVASted

3. Abysmal Vapor

Abysmal Vapor Shaman of The Pyramid of Orlin'Malah

4. funkyjunky

funkyjunky www.lamart.ch Manufacturer

hey all :)

thanks @muunch for getting this started!

cool, i didnt know about the verglow. yes it is essentially very similar to that.

ill share the pics and vids i already have.
    :)
    [​IMG]
    Click to play YouTube Video

i have beech ones now too.

also i supply some boro silicate beads with it to add to the upper (inside the wood) joint.

more beads = more heat retention, slower, more controllable
    less beads = less heat retention, faster, more aggressive, easier to combust.

edit: for dry use i can recommend just letting the water out of the bubbler ;) (a trick i read in the aromed manual :D) or a jhook should work well.

Last edited: May 19, 2017
  5. muunch

I was thinking a jhook would be good. Will report back later :haw:

6. huk_huk

huk_huk Well-Known Member

what kind of glass is the mtm adaptor?

muunch, funkyjunky and Prolusio like this.
  7. muunch

I believe it's all boro.

The 2 male ends are ground.

8. GreenHopper

GreenHopper 20 going on 60

Pros:
    • Looks a bit like the lunar landing module
    Cons:
    • I was expecting spongy cake with some sort of fruit toppings :p

9. duff

duff The world is so small, 'til it ain't

Trifle or flan @GreenHopper...both delicious.

Any scorching @muunch?
    Is the basket screen tight?

10. little maggie

little maggie Well-Known Member

Is this the 2 battery one?

muunch and funkyjunky like this.
  11. muunch

I squeeze the basket screens a little to make them fit tight if they are loose fitting from the get-together. Similar to what I do w the tubo.

12. duff

And the herb hangs inside the water piece?

That's wild.

13. muunch

Pretty much the herb is held in by that basket in the very bottom of the female joint in the water pipe

14. Zow237

Zow237 Well-Known Member

No this is torch powered one

15. muunch

I did scorch my second (of 2) loads yesterday but similar to SB, can char a little and then stir and it's pretty much okay. Not amazing but you're not trashing the whole load just bc of a tiny scorch

16. Zow237

Zow237 Well-Known Member

Have you been adjusting the flame at all @muunch

muunch, GreenHopper, duff and 2 others like this.
  17. muunch

No, I've been using the single jet honest torch at lowest setting like I do for my SBJr

18. Zow237

Zow237 Well-Known Member

Interesting. I was jw because I can get a nice golden brown color with my jr no problem no scorching even at higher flame. It's all about the draw and distance for sure. I hit my jr earlier and I thought I combusted just because the vapor cloud was huge but it was still green haha love my jr :)

19. muunch

Yeah, I've used it twice and was unsure of how exactly to regulate temp and etc, so I expect a few more learning sessions.

It's much easier to regulate jr because it's clear cut and you can gauge from vapor temp. You have none of those things with the Flam so it's difficult... Sorry. I was just messing around yesterday.

20. duff

Hey @muunch, mess around for me too!
    :)

21. Zow237

Zow237 Well-Known Member

@muunch no need to be sorry. Was just curious what kind of testing you have done with the flam. I'm very Intrigued and it just looks soo cool

Last edited: May 19, 2017
  22. Zow237

Zow237 Well-Known Member

@muunch N e more experimenting on this flam???

funkyjunky, muunch and Prolusio like this.
  23. muunch

@Zow237 I've been on vacation and only brought my tubo and Milaana.

I'll be back after the weekend and will do some more testing. I think I will try removing a few beads to see how it changes, required a bit more time to start producing vapor than I'd like but it was very smooth so maybe I'll end up going back...

I also will definitely try with my j-hook as I think that'd be a rather neat hook-up, with the Flam probably looking awesome on the j-hook. Just may be awkward to use.

24. muunch

ok bad news - jhook doesn't fit. i need an 18mm female one - mines 14mm female lol

anyway, this thing works much better with a full pack. I guess you may have to stir if lazy w technique.

it provides a similar high to the sticky bricks, where feels more potent or something, somehow.

really fun little thing but not the most convenient. loading it is kinda awkward if you use vacuum style, which i feel is best for not packing it too tight etc

25. StormyPinkness

StormyPinkness Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

I love the sticky brick style vapes and I'm waiting on a tubo so I'd love to try one of these. Any word on price?

WakeAndVape, funkyjunky and Zow237 like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors